PDA

View Full Version : Ooh Troy... how much longer...?

Men of Steel
06-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Hello Steeler Nation!

Im new to the steelersfever forum.... but an old DIEHARD steelers fan just like all of u.:tt03:

I know this topic has probably been discussed soo many times... but i figured id start of talking about who better, than our good man... TROY POLAMALU.

just wanted to get a few opinions as to how much longer ppl think he will be around the league... and also just wanted to share a few of my own.

after reading many posts about this topic... i agree with all of u who say we are watching HISTORY IN THE MAKING. and we are soo daam lucky A HUGE piece of that history lies within our own ALREADY HISTORIC TEAM... in TROY POLAMALU. :tt02:

thing is...it really is kind of hard to tell how much longer he will last.
avoiding concussions is huge... and if i recall last year against the bengals he suffered one while tackling cedric benson head on, head to head (correct me if im wrong please). that scared me a bit... kinda came to the realization he isnt INVINCIBLE... maybe he really IS more human than i thought. :uhh:

but on the other hand... he had one of his best seasons just last year... with a record 7 interceptions... and i cant recall another year where he had soo many game changing plays! also, his training routine in the offseason is like none-other... wich allows him to play like a beastly freak of nature on the field... and that is clearly evident.

so who knows... all i can say is... ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF TROY AND OUR BELOVED STEELERS!!!!! cuz one day in the future... we will all look back and tell our kids or grandkids... "i remember seeing troy, just destroy offenses and single handedly change the momentum of a game.. how he could play practically any position on an already legendary defense... and still stand out above them all"

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!

ps gotta love the way troy shut all the critics up.. those who were braggin about ed reed all week being the best safety in football in the week leading up to the ravens steelers championship game. i remember after troy intercepted that ball in the final minutes and took it home... yeellling off the top of my lungs like a lunatik.. " ED WHOOOOO!!!?!?!??!!!!!"

So what do u all think? please GET BAK AT ME :tt02:

stillers4me
06-25-2009, 05:39 PM
And here I thought you were talking about his hair. :hunch:

Rek
06-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Who's Troy Polamalu? Never heard of him.

Men of Steel
06-25-2009, 06:07 PM

:doh: hahahaha :rofl:

arge5809
06-25-2009, 11:06 PM
nice

Psyychoward86
06-25-2009, 11:32 PM

Ha...........I get it.

Stang909
06-26-2009, 12:56 AM
I saw the title and also thought you were talking about his hair.

Men of Steel
06-26-2009, 01:50 AM

ooo just some weird lookin hawaiian dude w loong hair.. nobody important. :doh: hehe:chuckle:

wootawnee
06-26-2009, 03:27 AM
This dude makes me wanna puke....But whatever........:rofl::banging:

http://www.steelersonly.com/steeler_fans/steelers-fan-pictures-3L.jpg

Galax Steeler
06-26-2009, 04:35 AM
This dude makes me wanna puke....But whatever........:rofl::banging:

http://www.steelersonly.com/steeler_fans/steelers-fan-pictures-3L.jpg

I like Troy but there is no way I would dress like that.:chuckle:

Muppet13
06-26-2009, 09:00 AM

R u kidding?:mad:

stillers4me
06-26-2009, 09:03 AM

Ever heard of sarcasm?

The_WARDen
06-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Ever heard of sarcasm?

What's sarcasm? Never heard of it.

CanadianSteel
06-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Cool Avitar SteelKid....
As far as Troy.... I have said before... that as well as being a kick arse player... I think he is one of very few sports persons that people can look up too these days... A great person and player and I am very proud each time I wear his 43 jersey on my back !

fansince'76
06-26-2009, 11:49 AM
According to some, his career was, for all intents and purposes, over 2 years ago and he was "washed up" then.

Hammer67
06-26-2009, 12:46 PM

:laughing:

Obviously sarcasm is in the eye of the beholder...

OT, I think Troy has a good 5 to 6 years left of productive play if he stays healthy and doesn't pull a Barry Sanders.... He is smack dab in the middle of his prime right now.

Men of Steel
06-26-2009, 01:15 PM
i guess we can all agree Mr. Troy P is in his PRIME right now... how long will that
"prime" last.... (starting to use "prime" allot... ever since i saw transformers)... :doh:

jasonhightower
06-29-2009, 02:04 PM
Troy may very well decide to "check out" before he's physically unable to perform at a high level. I think most have heard his comments about life after football and his other guiding factors in life. I'd give him 3 more years or so.

Fire Haley
06-29-2009, 02:50 PM
He's under contract for 3 more years.

7/23/2007: Signed a five-year, $33 million contract. The deal contains $15.375 million guaranteed, including a $10.975 million signing bonus.
2009: $2.9 million, 2010: $6.1 million, 2011: $6.4 million, 2012: Free Agent