PDA

View Full Version : Jacko on his backo

Fordy
06-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Just heard Micheal Jackson was rushed to the hospital and was not breathing..

stillers4me
06-25-2009, 04:40 PM
bad joke......RIP

Pittsburghfan
06-25-2009, 04:46 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/25/michael-jackson-dies-death-dead-cardiac-arrest/

We've just learned Michael Jackson has died. He was 50.

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

If true RIP

stillers4me
06-25-2009, 04:49 PM
I just read he passed away. This is unreal...the guy is my age. People my age aren't supposed to die. RIP, King of Pop.

2 icons in one day.....unbelievable.

Dino 6 Rings
06-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Pop star Michael Jackson dies at 50
Updated Thu. Jun. 25 2009 5:49 PM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

Michael Jackson, the "King of Pop," has died after suffering cardiac arrest at his Los Angeles home.

A fire department official said Jackson was not breathing when paramedics arrived at his rented Bel Air mansion at 12:26 p.m., according to CNN-affiliate KTLA News.

Jackson, 50, was treated at UCLA Medical Center. But hospital officials were unable to revive him.

His death came as Jackson prepared for a major comeback, after years of seclusion. He was scheduled to perform 50 shows in London's O2 Arena, with the financial backing of two billionaires.

In recent years, Jackson had been the subject of endless tabloid headlines and financial difficulties. If his London shows had proved successful, he was expected to embark on a major world-wide tour.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20090625/michael_jackson_090625/20090625?hub=TopStories

Godfather
06-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Wow, that came out of nowhere.

He was an awesome entertainer. It's a shame he had so many personal demons.

SteelersinCA
06-25-2009, 05:21 PM
I can't find anything credible saying he is indeed dead.

revefsreleets
06-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Faked death. That's the only way for him to get out of all his tax liability and debt.

Pittsburghfan
06-25-2009, 05:22 PM
CNN just announced that he is in a coma. So he may or may not be dead yet.

SteelersinCA
06-25-2009, 05:23 PM
LA Times says he's dead.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/06/pop-star-michael-jackson-was-rushed-to-a-hospital-this-afternoon-by-los-angeles-fire-department-paramedics--capt-steve-ruda.html

Preacher
06-25-2009, 05:25 PM
[Updated at 3:15 p.m.: Pop star Michael Jackson was pronounced dead by doctors this afternoon after arriving at a hospital in a deep coma, city and law enforcement sources told The Times.]
[Updated at 2:46 p.m.: Jackson is in a coma and family have are arriving at his bedside, a law enforcement source told The Times.
Jackson was rushed to a hospital this afternoon by Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics.
Capt. Steve Ruda said paramedics responded to a call at Jackson's home around 12:26 p.m. He was not breathing when they arrived. The parademics performed CPR and took him to UCLA Medical Center, Ruda told The Times.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/06/pop-star-michael-jackson-was-rushed-to-a-hospital-this-afternoon-by-los-angeles-fire-department-paramedics--capt-steve-ruda.html

Godfather
06-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Apparently some "journalists" jumped the gun.

It's official now...CBS interrupted the local news to tell us. Kind of silly since the local anchors could have made the announcement.

klick81
06-25-2009, 05:31 PM
That's a horrible joke (but I did lol, sorry). So which is it? So...is he dead?

stillers4me
06-25-2009, 05:32 PM
People magazine is going to a one hellava a dillema for the next cover. How dare he die the same day as Farrah?

tony hipchest
06-25-2009, 05:58 PM
wow. freaky. this will be the vigil of all vigils. its already starting.

hows everyone doing in their deadpools?

kinda sad the transformation he's undergone and now this. RIP.

stillers4me
06-25-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm watching the coverage and I'm getting a bit weepy. Despite all the crappy stuff he was accused of and the general weirdness of his life, he was one hell of an entertainer. It may be a long time before the world witnesses talent like that again. May he find the peace that alluded him in life.

stillers4me
06-25-2009, 06:03 PM
wow. freaky. this will be the vigil of all vigils. its already starting.

hows everyone doing in their deadpools?

kinda sad the transformation he's undergone and now this. RIP.

It's Elvis all over again.

MasterOfPuppets
06-25-2009, 06:05 PM
It's Elvis all over again.
oh ? was elvis a child molester too ? :noidea: and before anyone brings up that he wasn't convicted...neither was OJ....

Rek
06-25-2009, 06:07 PM
I say he pulled a 2pac and really isn't dead.

Also, what's with all the celebrities dying this week? Geez.

stillers4me
06-25-2009, 06:08 PM
oh ? was elvis a chilf molester too ? :noidea:

I was talking about the vigils. And Priscilla was 14 years old when she met Elvis, so apparently, he was.

TackleMeBen
06-25-2009, 06:11 PM
man this sucks. i loved his music. his dangerous cd was my favorite. we performed a few of his songs when i was in choir in high school.

steelreserve
06-25-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm just upset that one of my favorite inappropriate jokes is now irrelevant:

"Knock, knock."

"Who's there?"

"Little Boy Blue."

"Little Boy Blue Who?"

"Michael Jackson."

how upsetting.

Edman
06-25-2009, 06:48 PM
I just got the news. Sad, but it's not like his current predicament was any better. So much crap and controversy has persecuted this poor man for such a long time. A tragic, but very talented musician.

Wow, everybody's dying lately.

TackleMeBen
06-25-2009, 06:50 PM
rev sharpton is giving a press conference in front of the apollo..

revefsreleets
06-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Mixed on this one. A) He's a celeb, and I'm REALLY against all this celeb worshiping we do in this society, BUT B) He WAS a musical and popular icon, and there's no denying his influence and place in history and, finally, C) Love it or hate it (his music), he was a talented songwriter. You don't accidentally make the best selling album of all time.

RIP you freaky weirdo

Oh, and F*** Al Sharpton and the race bating attention whoring horse he rode in on.

Fire Haley
06-25-2009, 08:36 PM
I remember Michael singing as a kid, Jackson Five. Too bad there.

Celebs dropping like flies.

Kung fu, Ed, Farrah and now Thrilla.

Busy week.
The wheel keeps turning.

tony hipchest
06-25-2009, 08:54 PM
C) Love it or hate it (his music), he was a talented songwriter. You don't accidentally make the best selling album of all time.

.you know what, ive heard alot of people say they hated elvis' music or that of the beatles, or even some country/western mega stars.

i dont think ive ever heard anyone say they hate MJ's music. that says alot.

i remember police 'synchronicity' and darryl hall and john oats 'H20' were the "big" albums of the day. 'thriller' blew them away. that says alot, too.

and when the thriller video came out (back when mtv actually played videos all day), i can remember watching every hour just to catch it over and over. seems like they played it non stop for several months.

still one of the coolest videos ever. kinda hard to remember that he was actually "cool" at one time.

one of the talking heads said he had recently made arrangements in his will to return his portion of the beatles catalog back to paul mccartney in the event of his death.

real cool if true.

TackleMeBen
06-25-2009, 09:02 PM
i remember my mom buying the 45 of billie jean and playing on the stereo throughout the house.
(btw, for the young ones on here a 45 is a record, bigger than a cd today )

TackleMeBen
06-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Mixed on this one. A) He's a celeb, and I'm REALLY against all this celeb worshiping we do in this society, BUT B) He WAS a musical and popular icon, and there's no denying his influence and place in history and, finally, C) Love it or hate it (his music), he was a talented songwriter. You don't accidentally make the best selling album of all time.

RIP you freaky weirdo

Oh, and F*** Al Sharpton and the race bating attention whoring horse he rode in on.
revs, you know how to say what you think. i think that but wouldnt say it b/c i dont want to be thought of as being racist by talking bad about al sharpton.

revefsreleets
06-25-2009, 09:03 PM
And the kids today wouldn't understand, but him having Eddie Van Halen play the solo in "Beat It" was a monumental moment in music.

Without that single decision, even at age 14, I don't buy Thriller. And I'm sure several million other kids don't either. He crossed over before there was even a term for it.

revefsreleets
06-25-2009, 09:07 PM
revs, you know how to say what you think. i think that but wouldnt say it b/c i dont want to be thought of as being racist by talking bad about al sharpton.

Do YOU talk about race on every occasion so YOU can promote YOU?

I don't think so.

But Sharpton, and, to a somewhat lesser extent, Jesse Jackson, have made a living that way. I just call it like it is...nothing racist about that.

TackleMeBen
06-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Do YOU talk about race on every occasion so YOU can promote YOU?

I don't think so.

But Sharpton, and, to a somewhat lesser extent, Jesse Jackson, have made a living that way. I just call it like it is...nothing racist about that.
i agree with you, but you know with this PC world we are living in. :wink02:

i loved him having eddie play on beat and slash on dirty diana.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
06-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Beat It is one of my favorite songs of all time, and I am just a young buck. When I trained MMA it was set to be my entrance music! (I will be able to play Van Halen's solo one day!)

Though he turned into a creep later in life, you can't deny his impact of music and pop culture.

Galax Steeler
06-26-2009, 03:49 AM
This is really a shock. I don't think anyone saw this one a comming.

Hammer67
06-26-2009, 06:18 AM
I am already sickedned by the media attention...does EVERY channel need non stop coverage? I mean, there is a war going on and a government spending our money like drunken sailors.

All this attention to a music star that hasn't been relevant in 20 years except for crazy behavior and pedophilia...

I'm just sayin'....

trauben
06-26-2009, 06:30 AM
Wow, what a shocker. For all we know he wasn't even sick. It just proves that you never know when your time to go is.

I am already sickedned by the media attention...does EVERY channel need non stop coverage? I mean, there is a war going on and a government spending our money like drunken sailors.

All this attention to a music star that hasn't been relevant in 20 years except for crazy behavior and pedophilia...

I'm just sayin'....
I remember thinking the same thing when Elvis passed away. Vietnam was up and running, gas prices were soaring (for that time anyway), etc.

stillers4me
06-26-2009, 06:41 AM
I was a bit taken back by the media coverage, myself. I mean, it's big news...... Michael Jackson is the definition of a mega star but it seemed way too excessive. I hate the showed that "last picture".....I mean the man was probably dead on arrival, no matter what they are saying. How can you not be breathing for that long but "slip into a coma"? That was a morbid photo and after what the man went through in his life, it seemed disrespectful have yet another paparazzi take of picture of him dead. He can't even get peace in death.

And the circus is just beginnnng...custody battle over his children, his money, and his debts to come.

The_WARDen
06-26-2009, 06:59 AM
Great artist...freakshow human being. I am not sorry that he is gone...all 12 year old boys should feel safer today.

HometownGal
06-26-2009, 07:48 AM
Though he was as nutty as a fruitcake, I appreciated his music and contribution to the entertainment world. NO ONE could dance like him. :tombstone:

Vincent
06-26-2009, 09:06 AM

I'm just sayin'....

Lemme see here... We have the North Koreans threatening to "wipe us off the map". Congress is about to pass their global warming "package" which is 1200 pages of bull@#$% that nobody read, and the biggest tax burden to date. Unemployment is at 9.1%. California is collapsing. China has called for a "world currency", and on and on and...

And the death of a pedophile that purchased the remains of the elephant man occupies the lead of every news outlet on the planet. WTF am I missing here?

http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu191/vinnyq/Jacksoncoverage.jpg

Seriously, there hasn't been this much red text on Drudge since 9/11. Hello??!!

fansince'76
06-26-2009, 09:27 AM
Lemme see here... We have the North Koreans threatening to "wipe us off the map". Congress is about to pass their global warming "package" which is 1200 pages of bull@#$% that nobody read, and the biggest tax burden to date. Unemployment is at 9.1%. California is collapsing. China has called for a "world currency", and on and on and...

And the death of a pedophile that purchased the remains of the elephant man occupies the lead of every news outlet on the planet. WTF am I missing here?

Don't forget the crackpot regime in Iran blaming the U.S. for the internal unrest over their rigged presidential election.

Hammer Of The GODS
06-26-2009, 09:50 AM
WOW I'm shocked!

Not that this PEDOPHILE is dead, but that so many of you can dismiss that and mourn for this piece of shyte!

I have a lot of musicians and actors I like and enjoy. BUT the first time I hear they are diddling children they bring out the "THEY SHOULD BE STRUNG UP BY THIER GENITALS" speech.

WTF people? :shake01:

Most of the same people who are mourning this disgusting excuse for a human being are willing to crucify belicheck and the patsies for videotaping?

If there is a hell that scumbag is getting pitch forks shoved in his arse!

revefsreleets
06-26-2009, 10:22 AM
I've never been fully convinced that he DID actually diddle any kids. I think he has a very sick and inappropriate attitude towards children, but I'm not sure it's sexual. Face it, this is one EFFED up dude we're talking about. I'm making no apologies, just saying that maybe it's not quite as nefarious as we've been led to believe.

Anyway, this dude is currently living in Costa Rica, and he'll live like a king of the royalties of the 10's of millions of albums his "death" will sell.

silver & black
06-26-2009, 11:24 AM
oh ? was elvis a child molester too ? :noidea: and before anyone brings up that he wasn't convicted...neither was OJ....

I said the same thing on my Raiders forum.

silver & black
06-26-2009, 11:30 AM
And the kids today wouldn't understand, but him having Eddie Van Halen play the solo in "Beat It" was a monumental moment in music.

Without that single decision, even at age 14, I don't buy Thriller. And I'm sure several million other kids don't either. He crossed over before there was even a term for it.

I'm not familiar with MJ's music, other than what was played non stop on the radio back in the day, but, I think he had Stevie Ray Vaughn play on one of his songs too.

Dino 6 Rings
06-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Ok, here is my opinion on the matter.

The Generation this effects are the Pre-Gen Exers. You know, the folks that were Teenagers and Tweens in the 80s. The people that as kids bought the Thriller album, or who sat infront of MTV since 1979 and watched video after video during the 80s before it "flipped" to the crap it is now.

So there is an Entire Generation of people that really were effected by his music. Yes many of them did turn their backs on Michael after the molestation allegations. But deep down, they still enjoyed his music. I'd put at people between the ages of 35 and 45 right now. Those who are most affected by his death. They grew up with him as an ICON. He was "Music" for a generation, the Standard that couldn't be reached.

Now, myself, I was a Teen in the 80s, but more the early 90s. I was into Dylan and Pink Floyd and Metallica and Black Sabbath. But I knew his music as well as I knew Madonna's. It was on every station, every day.

Dino 6 Rings
06-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Back then if Michael Touched it, it was instantly Gold.

He's had duets with Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, Freddy Mercury.

7SteelGal43
06-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Well, I always said Michael would be the first person in the history of the world to be born a black male and die a white female.

Hammer67
06-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Ok, here is my opinion on the matter.

The Generation this effects are the Pre-Gen Exers. You know, the folks that were Teenagers and Tweens in the 80s. The people that as kids bought the Thriller album, or who sat infront of MTV since 1979 and watched video after video during the 80s before it "flipped" to the crap it is now.

So there is an Entire Generation of people that really were effected by his music. Yes many of them did turn their backs on Michael after the molestation allegations. But deep down, they still enjoyed his music. I'd put at people between the ages of 35 and 45 right now. Those who are most affected by his death. They grew up with him as an ICON. He was "Music" for a generation, the Standard that couldn't be reached.

Now, myself, I was a Teen in the 80s, but more the early 90s. I was into Dylan and Pink Floyd and Metallica and Black Sabbath. But I knew his music as well as I knew Madonna's. It was on every station, every day.

I'm in your boat here, but that doesn't excuse the media coverage or people CRYING over this. Something I never understood anyway...why the hell would you sob over some guy you didn't know? he was an enternainer! And, he hasn't been relevant in 20 years...plus, the pedophilia thing doesn't sit well with me as a father of a young child. No pass here even if he did write "Beat it".

JPPT1974
06-26-2009, 12:11 PM
First Ed McMahon, second Farrah Fawcett, now Michael Jackson! Three celebs in one week! RIP as the three will be missed!

Psyychoward86
06-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Even though he was involved in a lot of scandals and bad crap, I'll miss the guy. great singer/dancer...

*Does the thriller dance*

SCSTILLER
06-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Even though he was involved in a lot of scandals and bad crap, I'll miss the guy. great singer/dancer...

*Does the thriller dance*

Not me, i haven't heard about him since he either dangled his kid over the railing or stood on the car at his hearing, whichever one came last. Was he a great entertainer, yes, was he a sick human being, heck yeah! Not to sound mean, but my life isn't affected one way or the other by this!

trauben
06-26-2009, 01:57 PM

Don't be shy Vincent............... just tell us how you REALLY feel. :sofunny:

Seriously though, I agree whole heartily and I liked his music in the 70s and 80s!

China calling for "world currency"? The mark of the Beast is coming shortly then.

WOW I'm shocked!

Not that this PEDOPHILE is dead, but that so many of you can dismiss that and mourn for this piece of shyte!

I have a lot of musicians and actors I like and enjoy. BUT the first time I hear they are diddling children they bring out the "THEY SHOULD BE STRUNG UP BY THIER GENITALS" speech.

WTF people?

Most of the same people who are mourning this disgusting excuse for a human being are willing to crucify belicheck and the patsies for videotaping?

Don't count me as one of them. When I heard about Farrah yesterday morning I was happy that her suffering was over. When I heard about Jackson? .......... nothing ....... I felt nothing.

First Ed McMahon, second Farrah Fawcett, now Michael Jackson! Three celebs in one week! RIP as the three will be missed!
You forgot about David Caridean (Kung-Fu Sex Freak).

I never knew why anyone could scream, cry, faint, etc., over any celebrity. The first time it really hit me was when my mom took me and my sisters to an Osmond concert in the early 70s and all the girls around us were screaming and crying. I remember my one sister and I stood there staring at them like they were aliens from another planet. Or maybe we were the aliens with emotionless frames for guys we'd never even talk to let alone meet? I dunno.... just never understood that whole emotional overload thing some females get into a frenzy in with celebs. :noidea:

BTW............. JOKE...................

When Farrah Fawcett arrived at heaven God granted her one wish. She wished that all the children on earth would be safe, then God killed Michael Jackson.

SteelersinCA
06-26-2009, 02:07 PM
WOW I'm shocked!

WTF people? :shake01:

I believe the strip search on the first allegations concluded he did not match the description provided by the kid. I also believe the kid or the dad was caught on tape essentially plotting against MJ to ruin him.

I don't know enough about the 2nd one other than he was acquitted. He definitely had an affinity for kids but it doesn't mean he ever violated them sexually. Of course I'm one of those "hippie liberals" that actually believe innocent until proven guilty.

Dino 6 Rings
06-26-2009, 04:58 PM
As long as it doesn't turn into the Princess Diana fiasco, I'll be able to live with a couple days of it. Hopefully the Lawsuits start up right away to distract the "mourners" from making too big a deal about it.