PDA

View Full Version : Jurevicius suing Browns over staph

mesaSteeler
06-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Jurevicius suing Browns over staph

June 26, 2009 2:52 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth
Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

There had been speculation for months -- and perhaps longer -- that someone would eventually take the Cleveland Browns to court over their staph infection problem.
Jurevicius

It turns out former Browns receiver Joe Jurevicius was the first to take the plunge.

Jurevicius, an 11-year NFL veteran, is reportedly suing his former team for negligence over a staph infection he received in his right knee last year. He has since been released by the Browns.

Several current and former Browns have had similar health problems with staph, including Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow Jr., LeCharles Bentley and Brian Russell. There are approximately seven known cases of staph infections linked to the Browns in recent years.

Jurevicius is a Cleveland native and very well-respected within the Browns' family and his community. Most likely, he wouldn't have gone as far as suing a team he grew up rooting for unless Jurevicius legitimately feels his playing days were cut short by staph.

Cleveland Browns, AFC North, Joe Jurevicius, LeCharles Bentley, Kellen Winslow Jr., Braylon Edwards, Brian Russell

(I seem to remember that the Clownies had busted sewer pipes in their locker room a few years ago that flooded it with raw sewage. Sounds like a good source for a staph infection.

The "Brown Stains" truly live up to their nick name. The Steelers better have all of their vaccinations up to date when we have to go there. In particular the Steelers better have their rabies vaccinations up to date. You can never tell when a sick psycho BrownStain may start biting. - mesa)

klick81
06-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Wow...maybe this will force the Brownies to clean their s___ up. Literally.

HughC
06-26-2009, 03:49 PM
May as well start a class action suit with all the problems they've had there.

Galax Steeler
06-26-2009, 04:33 PM
There is never a dull moment in Clevland. That will be interesting how it comes out.

SteelCityKing
06-26-2009, 05:07 PM
There is never a dull moment in Clevland. That will be interesting how it comes out.

Cleveland itself is one big, giant, huge dull moment. it's kind of sad that someone gets a staph infection and THAT makes the highlights. not since LeBron James pooped on his season has Cleveland made any headlines. granted, it wasn't that long ago, but the only time they make any headlines is on bad terms. but i guess taht saying, "there is no such thing as bad press" rings true.

i hope this deal is settled and it opens peoples eyes to a huge epidemic swarming the nation. the disease of people who like Cleveland. take action...please. =)

AllD
06-26-2009, 07:11 PM
There was a cure mentioned in Popular Science a few months back for infections that do not react to antibiotics.

There is a remedy that was used during WWI in Europe which is more organic. My buddy has a similar problem after breaking an ankle and having infection problems directly related to the hospital. Also, they can get it under control with normal antibiotics and it remains dormant, but in order to have a complete recovery you risk restarting the infection. Hopefully the European cure will work for most. It is more cost effective than antibiotics, just not approved in the US yet.

Psyychoward86
06-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Even after their careers are over, the Browns continue to shoot themselves in the foot.

tony hipchest
06-26-2009, 08:20 PM
There was a cure mentioned in Popular Science a few months back for infections that do not react to antibiotics.

There is a remedy that was used during WWI in Europe which is more organic. My buddy has a similar problem after breaking an ankle and having infection problems directly related to the hospital. Also, they can get it under control with normal antibiotics and it remains dormant, but in order to have a complete recovery you risk restarting the infection. Hopefully the European cure will work for most. It is more cost effective than antibiotics, just not approved in the US yet.if it is better, cheaper, and safer than current drugs on the US market, it will never be approved.

good luck to joe. 7 surgeries to clean out that knee aint no joke.

St33lersguy
06-27-2009, 10:42 AM
The ckeveland browns are so full of problems it makes me want to feel bad for them

LVSteelersfan
06-27-2009, 02:04 PM
They should have changed their name to something besides the Browns when the league gifted them with a franchise for a second time. Their expansion team has been stinking up the league since they came back. Time to move that stinking franchise to LA where it should have gone to begin with.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-27-2009, 03:53 PM
They should have changed their name to something besides the Browns when the league gifted them with a franchise for a second time. Their expansion team has been stinking up the league since they came back. Time to move that stinking franchise to LA where it should have gone to begin with.

http://boozedout.com/wp-content/upload/1christ-middle-finger.jpghttp://boozedout.com/wp-content/upload/1christ-middle-finger.jpg

And the day that happens, I will NEVER EVER support the NFL ever again and would make the point to boycott the league. I would go as far as to watch College Football exclusively during the fall and never even watch the Super Bowl

Cleveland is a great city that loves its football and a lot of people who have followed the team have dog like loyalty to the team . We live, breathe and die the sport, and have a massive WORLDWIDE fan base.

LA doesn't care about football and If it was given this current team the support would be similar to how most people support soccer in the US or the Florida Marlins in Miami.

It would also be PR suicide for the league, if they got rid of the team again, Browns fan would probably make 1995's protest and fight to keep the team in Cleveland look like a tea party.

We fought like mad to get our team back and keep our history and we are willing to do it as much as physically possible again, multiple times even.

Also what Modell did ranks amongst the worst things ever in sports, EVER, No one in Cleveland will ever forgive him no matter how he would apologize, he's a scumbag.

We have a crummy team but I will support that team until the day I die and so will anyone else who's a Browns Backer, LA can never offer that support and would crash and burn miserably.

TackleMeBen
06-27-2009, 10:33 PM
as much as i hate cleveland, i cant imagine them with without a football team.

HometownGal
06-27-2009, 10:53 PM

There is a remedy that was used during WWI in Europe which is more organic. My buddy has a similar problem after breaking an ankle and having infection problems directly related to the hospital. Also, they can get it under control with normal antibiotics and it remains dormant, but in order to have a complete recovery you risk restarting the infection. Hopefully the European cure will work for most. It is more cost effective than antibiotics, just not approved in the US yet.

That totally sucks about your buddy, AIID, but I can sympathize with him. I got a MRSA infection from a hospital and during my hospitalization last November for head surgery, I had to undergo a long series of treatments via 3 different IV antibiotics. When I was discharged, I had to continue those antibiotics at home via a port they had implanted in my arm. No one can guarantee that the infection won't return at some point, but for now, I'm clean. :hope: Your friend went through HELL and I hope he is doing much better.

Good for JJ in filing a lawsuit again the Browns organization (sorry Browns fans, but I would feel the same way had this happened to one of the Steelers). Staph infections can be quite serious if not discovered or left untreated and like MRSA, are highly contagious if active.

Do you have any more info on this European treatment? If so, could you please PM me? I would like to know more about it JIC. Thanks.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Good for JJ in filing a lawsuit again the Browns organization (sorry Browns fans, but I would feel the same way had this happened to one of the Steelers). Staph infections can be quite serious if not discovered or left untreated and like MRSA, are highly contagious if active.

Actually most Browns fans are siding with JJ on this, they can't fault him and think it's good that the org. should be held more accountable.

fansince'76
06-27-2009, 11:13 PM
as much as i hate cleveland, i cant imagine them with without a football team.

Things just weren't the same without them from '96-'99....

AllD
06-28-2009, 08:37 AM
Just Google: Popular Science The Next Phage 03-31-09.

It is a 7 page article and an interesting read.

vasteeler
06-29-2009, 10:47 AM

i agree i hated it when there were no browns
its just not the nfl w/out the browns

RoethlisBURGHer
06-29-2009, 03:50 PM

I agree, especially living in Cleveland.

A lot of people were rather depressed while the Browns were gone.

Godfather
06-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Also what Modell did ranks amongst the worst things ever in sports, EVER, No one in Cleveland will ever forgive him no matter how he would apologize, he's a scumbag.

I agree 100%. I will never forgive Mo(money)dell for destroying the greatest rivalry in sports.

And there was no reason for him to do what he did. There was a referendum pending to build a new football stadium. If he wanted to go to Baltimore so badly he should have sold the team and started the Ratbirds from scratch.

chucoblack&gold
07-08-2009, 10:34 PM

Browns=Dormant :chuckle: