PDA

View Full Version : Pitchman Billy Mays found dead

nojobny
06-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Pitchman Billy Mays Found Dead
Posted Jun 28th 2009 11:50AM by TMZ Staff

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/06/0628_billy_mays_bn_ap_01.jpg

TMZ has confirmed TV pitchman Billy Mays was found dead today in his home in Tampa, Florida early this morning.

According to the Tampa PD, the 50-year-old TV pitchman was found unresponsive by his wife Deborah at 7:45 AM.

TMZ has learned Mays' body has already been removed from his home.

Mays had just returned from Philadelphia, where he shot a new OxiClean commercial. He was a passenger aboard a plane that suffered a blown front tire upon landing. He told a local TV station, "All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."

We're told Mays was at his home around 6:00 PM last night, and according to a source Mays was "acting fine and normal ... he was talking business with his father-in-law."

According to cops, there are no signs of forced entry to the residence and no foul play is suspected.

The Medical Examiner's office is expected to complete the autopsy by tomorrow afternoon.

Billy's wife Deborah just released the following statement:

Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days. Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times.

Story developing ...

tony hipchest
06-28-2009, 11:45 AM
wow. i certainly woulda had the sham wow guy going first.

who was the pretty blonde actress who died after hitting her head in a skiing fall? i think it was liam neesons wife(?).

this sounds alot like that.

JEFF4i
06-28-2009, 11:47 AM
What a shame. Man, been one of those weeks.

stillers4me
06-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Another 50 year old ......:yikes:

Edman
06-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Boy, what a week.

Preacher
06-28-2009, 12:14 PM
wow. i certainly woulda had the sham wow guy going first.

who was the pretty blonde actress who died after hitting her head in a skiing fall? i think it was liam neesons wife(?).

this sounds alot like that.

I was wondering the same thing... that's why you NEVER take head injuries lightly.

HometownGal
06-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Celebrity deaths usually come in 3's - this has been a really freakish week. :shake01: And 2 celebrities passing away at the age of 50 and one at 62! Sure makes you appreciate your life all that more.

Billy Mays was a household name and I really liked him. :tombstone: Billy and thoughts and prayers out to his family.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Celebrity deaths usually come in 3's - this has been a really freakish week. :shake01: And 2 celebrities passing away at the age of 50 and one at 62! Sure makes you appreciate your life all that more.

Billy Mays was a household name and I really liked him. :tombstone: Billy and thoughts and prayers out to his family.

Dont forget Ed McMahon!!! He passed away on Tuesday the 23rd.

MACH1
06-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Wow. Four in on week!

Crazy stufff. RIP Billy

silver & black
06-28-2009, 01:11 PM

I hear that! I'm going to be 50 in September! :doh:

devilsdancefloor
06-28-2009, 01:15 PM
RIP pitch man! wonder if his gravestone will read "billy mays here"?

tony hipchest
06-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Wow. Four in on week!

Crazy stufff. RIP Billy
i dont know what to make of it, other than oxicontin or oxiclean can indirectly lead to the death of otherwise healthy men.

sadly, patrick swayzee is right around the corner. for anyone who saw his special on tv, he is pretty much in the same stage that farrah was when she did hers.

:drink: to those whose faith is strong and are right with the Lord.

Psyychoward86
06-28-2009, 01:23 PM
WDF is with the celebrity deaths these last 2 weeks :doh:

Godfather
06-28-2009, 01:25 PM
WDF is with the celebrity deaths these last 2 weeks :doh:

I'm glad I'm not running a celebrity death pool this week. All this would be keeping me busy.

stillers4me
06-28-2009, 02:23 PM
i dont know what to make of it, other than oxicontin or oxiclean can indirectly lead to the death of otherwise healthy men.

sadly, patrick swayzee is right around the corner. for anyone who saw his special on tv, he is pretty much in the same stage that farrah was when she did hers.

:drink: to those whose faith is strong and are right with the Lord.

:doh: I forgot all about Patrick Swayze.

revefsreleets
06-28-2009, 02:41 PM
The fact that THIS guy was a celebrity proves to me that our once great society has pretty much just about run it's course.

How does a guy get famous for yelling about crappy Chinese chotchkies in a monotone voice?

tony hipchest
06-28-2009, 03:04 PM
i blame TV and advertising in general,:hunch:

although i wouldnt say our great country has run its course.

what you describe is just a side effect of capitalism, and the importance of advertisers to shove their products down our throats. :hunch:

its what made farrah fawcet a celeb. well that and capitalizing on tons of testosterone, and masturbatory fodder.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-28-2009, 03:07 PM
i blame TV and advertising in general,:hunch:

although i wouldnt say our great country has run its course.

what you describe is just a side effect of capitalism, and the importance of advertisers to shove their products down our throats. :hunch:

its what made farrah fawcet a celeb. well that and capitalizing on tons of testosterone, and masturbatory fodder.

Gotta confess....I owned "the poster".

(...and some of your know exactly which one I'm talking about)

tony hipchest
06-28-2009, 03:15 PM
which poster? :jerkit:

:wink:

i bet many coulda used a sham wow towel or some oxiclean back then. :chuckle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-28-2009, 03:28 PM
which poster? :jerkit:

:wink:

i bet many coulda used a sham wow towel or some oxiclean back then. :chuckle:

LOL...you know which poster!!!!

http://yeeeah.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/farrah-fawcett.jpg

tony hipchest
06-28-2009, 03:35 PM

DONT MAKE ME LOOK!

im in the middle of watching a race and have no time to go... uhm... memorialize her, right now.

:laughing:

all kidding aside, i hope her high profile struggle brings about awareness to the cause.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-28-2009, 03:42 PM
DONT MAKE ME LOOK!

im in the middle of watching a race and have no time to go... uhm... memorialize her, right now.

:laughing:

all kidding aside, i hope her high profile struggle brings about awareness to the cause.

My feeling also.

(...about the second part....not the first.)

7SteelGal43
06-28-2009, 03:43 PM

oh yeah...THAT poster :love:

AllD
06-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Ka-Boom! and he's gone.

hindes204
06-28-2009, 11:39 PM
Billy Mays was a Pittsburgher...he was from Mckees Rocks

Galax Steeler
06-29-2009, 06:13 AM

Kind of makes you start wondering.:chuckle:

Indo
06-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Didn't know he was from Pittsburgh....

and I already admitted to owning the poster:

http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36570

nojobny
08-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Autopsy: Cocaine contributed to Billy Mays' death
(AP) – 24 minutes ago

TAMPA, Fla. — An autopsy report says cocaine contributed to the death of TV pitchman Billy Mays.

The 50-year bearded TV personality died of a heart attack in his sleep. His wife found him unresponsive June 28 at their condo in Tampa, Fla.

A release from the Hillsborough County medical examiner's office Friday said Mays had last used cocaine days before his death.

The report said that although Mays died from heart disease, cocaine use was a contributing cause of death.

HometownGal
08-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Autopsy: Cocaine contributed to Billy Mays' death
(AP) 24 minutes ago

TAMPA, Fla. An autopsy report says cocaine contributed to the death of TV pitchman Billy Mays.

The 50-year bearded TV personality died of a heart attack in his sleep. His wife found him unresponsive June 28 at their condo in Tampa, Fla.

A release from the Hillsborough County medical examiner's office Friday said Mays had last used cocaine days before his death.

The report said that although Mays died from heart disease, cocaine use was a contributing cause of death.

:jawdrop: I'm in total shock! :jawdrop:

onefortheotherhand
08-08-2009, 12:43 AM
ahhh, so thats why he was always yelling :doh:

SteelersinCA
08-08-2009, 01:35 AM
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Preacher
08-08-2009, 04:42 AM
bump

Galax Steeler
08-08-2009, 06:15 AM
You never know about people.

millwalldavey
08-08-2009, 08:03 AM
He was a bit high strung... i see his commercials still run on tellly.