PDA

View Full Version : Soccer.....Team USA.....Congrats!!

sherlock
06-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Congratulations to the U.S.A. soccer team for their performance in the Confederation Cup.
I don`t know how much coverage they get in the States but they did you proud!
They beat the European champions,Spain in the semi`s and at one point looked like beating the most revered national team around in the final.
Both Spain and Brazil fielded their strongest sides possible.
I`ve said before in this forum that the U.S. soccer team can give anyone a game and considering soccer is a minority sport in America they punch above their weight.
Did they get much coverage by the media or did it slip by largely un-noticed?

stlrtruck
06-29-2009, 12:02 PM
ESPN covered the game and that was about it. I was interested in the score and high lights but not to the point of watching the game.

pittsburghp8baller
06-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Congratulations to the U.S.A. soccer team for their performance in the Confederation Cup.
I don`t know how much coverage they get in the States but they did you proud!
They beat the European champions,Spain in the semi`s and at one point looked like beating the most revered national team around in the final.
Both Spain and Brazil fielded their strongest sides possible.
I`ve said before in this forum that the U.S. soccer team can give anyone a game and considering soccer is a minority sport in America they punch above their weight.
Did they get much coverage by the media or did it slip by largely un-noticed?

all the games were on ESPN so it got coverage. i would of watched it but the pirates were playing so i didnt get around to it. i did catch some during the rain delay but by then brazil had taken over.

i wouldnt call myself a die hard soccer fan by any means, when i can i do watch some games. Ive even gone to some DC United games and have a blast when i do go.

Great step forward for the team, hopefully they can keep the momentum foward into the world cup.

The_WARDen
06-29-2009, 12:18 PM
what is soccer?

:noidea:

sherlock
06-29-2009, 12:27 PM
I was interested in the score and high lights but not to the point of watching the game.

i would of watched it but the pirates were playing so i didnt get around to it. .

I had to laugh at these quotes....I guess soccer isn`t ready to take over in the States just yet!! :toofunny:
Anyway I much prefer American Football these days as well !
Thanks for your answers.

STEELtownHAVOX
06-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Good fight USA, amazing enough to see that we were up 2-0 over Brazil the first half.

sherlock
06-29-2009, 12:31 PM
what is soccer?

:noidea:

HAHA!!...Well apart from in the U.S. ,it`s er..football :chuckle:

pittsburghp8baller
06-29-2009, 04:31 PM
ill say this, watching US got me intrigued enought to go buy FIFA 08 on PS3.

Steel_12
06-29-2009, 07:17 PM
I can only watch soccer if it's a big game like that one. Other than that, I can't watch it. Soccer will never be the top sport in the US...at least as long as we're alive