PDA

View Full Version : US test fires its own missile...

tony hipchest
06-29-2009, 06:15 PM
... as just a "friendly" reminder. :wave:

"shoo wanna play ruff? ok. i play ruff. SAY ELLO TO MY 'LIL FRIEN!"

nothing new. we know they work and all. its just nice to get the ol classic out of the garage and take it for a spin every once in a while.

big boys play with big toys-

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/06/29/Vandenberg-fires-Minuteman-test-rocket/UPI-11301246299457/

Vandenberg fires Minuteman test rocket

Related Stories
South Korea updates defense plan
Intel: Missile launch toward U.S. unlikely
LOMPOC, Calif., June 29 (UPI) -- An unarmed Minuteman missile test-fired Monday from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California reached its target in the Marshall Islands, base officials said.

The test was the first of three Minuteman tests planned for this year.

The missile, with three unarmed re-entry vehicles, traveled 4,190 miles at speeds in excess of 24,000 mph to reach targets in the Kwajalein Atoll, said Col. David Buck, commander of the 30th Space Wing.

Members from the 91st Missile Wing at Minot Air Force Base, N.D., assisted with maintenance tasks preceding the launch.

"It's really something when you see a truly outstanding team come together," Buck said in a release from the base. "I couldn't think of a better team to demonstrate the awesome capability of our (intercontinental ballistic missile) fleet."

"three unarmed re-entry vehicles" is just a nice way of saying warheads. reports are all 3 hit their target.

i lived at vandenberg as a kid. these launches are freaking awesome to watch up close and make the earth shake like an earth quake far away.

Indo
06-29-2009, 06:37 PM
I must admit, I like this Not-So-Subtle way of telling North Korea that they shouldn't F*kk with us. Isn't there a Daisy Cutter lying around somewhere that also needs to be (re-)tested?

Preacher
06-29-2009, 07:02 PM
I must admit, I like this Not-So-Subtle way of telling North Korea that they shouldn't F*kk with us. Isn't there a Daisy Cutter lying around somewhere that also needs to be (re-)tested?

Yep.

Sorry, but the machiavellian concept of "mine is bigger than yours" really is the core truth of international relations.

tony hipchest
06-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Isn't there a Daisy Cutter lying around somewhere that also needs to be (re-)tested?:chuckle: i remember we dropped 2 or 3 in afghanistan and immediately issue a press release stating that no, we in fact did not drop a nuke cause the rest of the world kinda freaked out over the mushroom cloud. :laughing:

just to reemphasize the point we didnt have to use nukes we showed footage of a 20,000 lb MOAB (mother of all bombs) test in alabama or florida, with news we also have a 25,000 pounder in the works.

_Ea-DinsBJQ

H7tG7keSe-0

i wonder what ever came of the DOAB :scratchchin:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
06-29-2009, 07:23 PM
In ALABAMA! Shit, no wonder I have a hand growing out of my stomach!

MACH1
06-29-2009, 08:14 PM

And the things you could do with that hand. :chuckle:

touchdownward
06-30-2009, 08:12 AM

Gives the lyric, "I come from Alabama with a banjo on my knee" a whole new meaning. :chuckle: