PDA

View Full Version : Why do the Redskins get credit for momentum?

Suitanim
01-13-2006, 07:16 PM
And not the Steelers? Remember, the Steelers won just as many consecutive season ending games as the Skins, but when the Redskins come up in upset scenario's they are called the "Red hot Redskins riding a 5 game winning streak" and the Steelers aren't mentioned at all.

I've actually heard quite a few people pick the Skins to go in as #6 NFC and knock of #1 NFC at home, but there is nothing reciprocal from anyone about the Steelers doing the same. The Redskins had 122 yards of offense last week! To me, this is the most disrespectful thing I've seen in the press concerning the Steelers in years...

Ambridge
01-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Wow!
There have been people actually picking the Skins this week??
I haven't heard anyone giving Washington a chance(I hate the Skins anyway)and that seems like the one thing they have in common with the Steelers this week.

Suitanim
01-13-2006, 07:38 PM
I've been listening to a hodgepodge of sports talk (mostly fishing for somebody thinking the Steelers will win) and have heard more than a few pick the Skins.

Suitanim
01-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Here's one...

The middle dude...he's also the only one not sucking Brady's ****, but they all pick the Colts.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/specials/playoffs/2005/01/11/experts.picks.divisional.round/index.html

tony hipchest
01-13-2006, 08:25 PM
because of dan snyders $$$$. after all they are the team with the greatest safety to enter the nfl in the past 25 years and they got the coach who has dominated the nascar circuit only to give it up and show he can still do the same in football. the hype machine is like a poor mans version of jerry jones. and since jerry jones cant make it to the playoffs any more.....

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2006, 08:36 PM
I listen to espn radio every morning on the way to work.. mike and mike have been consistently picking the seahawks all week.

the basic feeling is, the skins defense will hold up for about a half , maybe 3 quarters before they wear out and the seahawks get some big plays..

remember seattle has the #5 rush defense.

clevestinks
01-14-2006, 04:21 AM
The Skins offense is terrible! They get credit for a win streak based on being Houdini like, and magicly winning games

Prosdo
01-14-2006, 05:21 AM
It is pretty odd that you hear about the media talking about the Redskins momentum and not mentioning it when it comes to us.

Livinginthe past
01-14-2006, 05:52 AM
I have the answer to your question.

The media likes to put a spin on just about every game to ensure that the viewing public think its going to be a real close one - especially at playoff time.

The Steelers have had plenty of air time - all this 'we're gonna be lucky to stay close' (Ben) and 'Colts dont play proper football' (Joey) has added all the extra spice.

Seattle v Redskins have flown below the radar because one team appears to be outmatched in just about every department - all we have heard so far is Gregg Williams and fantastic blitz packages to make it competitive.

Thats why Washington is being made out to be the hottest team entering the playoffs = becasue they are the least likely to win their game.

NM

3 to be 4
01-14-2006, 08:09 AM
i think its because there is a vast conspiracy in the United States of America to not give the Pittsburgh Steelers the credit they deserve for being a playoff team.

Stlrs4Life
01-14-2006, 09:10 AM
I haven't heared of anybody pickinjg us against the Colts, or anybody picking the Redskins over the Seahawks.

SteelCityMan786
01-14-2006, 03:25 PM
And not the Steelers? Remember, the Steelers won just as many consecutive season ending games as the Skins, but when the Redskins come up in upset scenario's they are called the "Red hot Redskins riding a 5 game winning streak" and the Steelers aren't mentioned at all.

I've actually heard quite a few people pick the Skins to go in as #6 NFC and knock of #1 NFC at home, but there is nothing reciprocal from anyone about the Steelers doing the same. The Redskins had 122 yards of offense last week! To me, this is the most disrespectful thing I've seen in the press concerning the Steelers in years...

The Press don't give us respect with exclusion of our own.

Suitanim
01-14-2006, 03:30 PM
I have the answer to your question.

The media likes to put a spin on just about every game to ensure that the viewing public think its going to be a real close one - especially at playoff time.

The Steelers have had plenty of air time - all this 'we're gonna be lucky to stay close' (Ben) and 'Colts dont play proper football' (Joey) has added all the extra spice.

Seattle v Redskins have flown below the radar because one team appears to be outmatched in just about every department - all we have heard so far is Gregg Williams and fantastic blitz packages to make it competitive.

Thats why Washington is being made out to be the hottest team entering the playoffs = becasue they are the least likely to win their game.

NM
I buy this to a degree...

hmmmmmmmm
01-14-2006, 03:37 PM
I think the Steelers dont get as much credit for it because they were pretty much expected to do exactly what they did. The Redskins doing it and running through some tough teams in their division towards the end was more of a surprise especially by how bad they beat em.