PDA

View Full Version : Things Metallica can be used for...

Preacher
06-30-2009, 08:05 PM
So I have come to the conclusion that Metallica's music can be used for many things... what have YOU used them for?

1. Setting the pace for workouts

2. revving the brain for German translations!!

3. Similar to two, keep the brain awake while writing a thesis, dissertation, or project.

tony hipchest
06-30-2009, 08:15 PM
sex

steelreserve
07-01-2009, 02:46 AM
as a useful metaphor for anything that used to be awesome, but then suddenly started to suck and kept it up for 15 years.

Preacher
07-01-2009, 03:02 AM
sex

TMI

revefsreleets
07-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Scaring the octogenarian neighbors.

43Hitman
07-01-2009, 08:52 AM
as a useful metaphor for anything that used to be awesome, but then suddenly started to suck and kept it up for 15 years.

ouch...

By the way, their newest album is great if you haven't heard it yet.

43Hitman
07-01-2009, 08:53 AM
When I played, I used to use it to get revved up for a big pool match or tournament.

Hammer67
07-01-2009, 09:50 AM

Amen brother....

I miss the days of Kill em All and Ride the Lightning...

That being said, I can't think of a better Metallica song then Creeping Death

revefsreleets
07-01-2009, 10:36 AM
That's about right...the black album dropped in 1991, and, for the most part, it's when they jumped the shark. Love it or hate it, St. Anger was at least a return to aggressive metal, and that was 2003, so there were 12 years "in the wilderness".

It happens...

vasteeler
07-01-2009, 11:00 AM
ouch...

By the way, their newest album is great if you haven't heard it yet.

to each their own but i HATE that album and i used to love Metallica

revefsreleets
07-01-2009, 11:19 AM
to each their own but i HATE that album and i used to love Metallica

You hate Death Magnetic?

Did you dig Metallica black album through Re-load?

43Hitman
07-01-2009, 11:37 AM
I'll admit that after the Black album I was like ehhh.. when it came to Metallica, cause when it came to the days of Cliff Burton and Jason Newstead(sp?) nothing was better. This new album however, has rekindled my relationship with them. So I can respect the way a lot of the ole headbangers from the 80's(me included) feel.

KeiselPower99
07-01-2009, 12:11 PM
I love the new album but Ill be honest...My favorite album of theirs is Load.

Steelerstrength
07-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Personally, Metallica has always been first on my list of music for the gym! Even back when cassette tapes were transitioning to CD's (and those huge Walkman's)!

You see, back in the day, my heavy training days consisted of my attempts at bending the f'in olympic bars by putting too much weight on them! Nothing better than 765 lbs. shrugs! :banging:

When "Kill 'Em All" came out, '83, I entered my first contest.
"Master Of Puppets" ('85) took me to my first win, Mr. Santa Barbara.
"And Justice For All" kept me crazy & focused thru 9 more wins! (Pacific Coast, Southern Cal, etc.)
"Metallica Black" put me over the f'in top! Nothing Else Matters was my mind set! I won the Southern Cal again, as a warm-up, then Nationals ('94) and earned a pro card by winning the Overall Title at the World Natural Bodybuilding Championships! ('94)

That's what I used Metallica for! :jammin:

vasteeler
07-02-2009, 10:47 AM
You hate Death Magnetic?

Did you dig Metallica black album through Re-load?

no! And justice for all was the last album i liked. To me every thing after was pop metal. although the later albums sounded way better quality wise but i thought yhe material was just not edgy enough, too polished.

revefsreleets
07-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Gotcha!

Preacher
07-02-2009, 04:15 PM
I had enough of metallica when lars went sue happy against his fans, and when james hetfeild only stayed in the band after having his teethpulled for a year and a half.

Well, theivery is theivery... so I don't blame Lars for that... though I do find it a bit hypocritical as they talk openly about passing bootleg tapes of European metal around in their youth.

The whole Hetfield thing... I don't have a problem with that. They pushed on for 15 years after Cliff died... never dealt with it according to Lars. It catches up with you. Can't blame a man for being just a man.

JEFF4i
07-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Appreciating better music.

*again...runs and hides*