PDA

View Full Version : Fox NFL's team QB ratings

Kaeg
07-01-2009, 06:21 AM
Seems somebody wanted to assess each team's overall talent at QB this season. This list takes into account depth at the position. I'm really not sure how they came up with #1 though.
msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9735822/Positional-Power-Rankings:-QB-packages?gt1=39002
Sorry, I haven't posted many links so I'm not sure quite how to shorten it yet.

Penn St Steelers
07-01-2009, 06:47 AM
seems a bit funny how the Pats rank #6 when after Brady how many people have ever really heard of those 3 guys?

I mean for all we know they were UPS drivers last year

Galax Steeler
07-01-2009, 06:56 AM
Phillip Rivers no. 1 what are they a smoking.:rofl:

Dino 6 Rings
07-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Sigh...here is the list in reality

Brady = 3 Rings
Ben = 2 Rings
Payton = 1 Ring
Eli = 1 Ring
Warner = 1 Ring

After that...it Doesn't Matter. They are all dogs chasing their own tails.

klick81
07-01-2009, 10:06 AM
As much as I like the recognition given to Ben, this list is a joke.

Come on...Cowboys at #3? Please.

The_WARDen
07-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Sigh...here is the list in reality

Brady = 3 Rings
Ben = 2 Rings
Payton = 1 Ring
Eli = 1 Ring
Warner = 1 Ring

After that...it Doesn't Matter. They are all dogs chasing their own tails.

I have to disagree a tad...rings are not the final end all in determining good QBs. Otherwise, Trent Dilfer & Doug Williams were both better than Dan Marino?

revefsreleets
07-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Bear in mind, this is based on "QB Packages", meaning the whole depth chart of QB's.

I'd still move us up to #1 as Batch > Volek, and Ben >>>Rivers.

Dino 6 Rings
07-01-2009, 11:16 AM
I have to disagree a tad...rings are not the final end all in determining good QBs. Otherwise, Trent Dilfer & Doug Williams were both better than Dan Marino?

This was a Current List.

Who was better John Elway or Montana? Elway or Marino? Elway or Favre?

I'd say Elway beats out Marino and Favre, 2-1. Montana wins 4-2 over Elway.

That's my point in todays list of great QBs.

HughC
07-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Any player ranking is subjective, and position rankings even more so. For example, if you are ranking best running backs by team, their production is also effected by their offensive line, how good the QB is (can defenses stack 8 in the box?), etcetera. With other positions at least you see the backups on the field occassionally, but most of these backups only time on the field is to hold a PAT.

The other thing is, what was the formula? Was it half for the starter, half for the backups? One-third for each of the #1, #2, and #3 guy? 60 percent - 30% - 10%?

I'm starved for team and NFL news this time of year, but this seems a bit contrived.

Dino 6 Rings
07-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Bear in mind, this is based on "QB Packages", meaning the whole depth chart of QB's.

I'd still move us up to #1 as Batch > Volek, and Ben >>>Rivers.

Yes package deal. So that would mean when Favre goes to the Vikings, that would be the best QB package in football...right? Favre plus 2 starters behind him on the roster.

AllD
07-01-2009, 05:54 PM
This was a Current List.

Who was better John Elway or Montana? Elway or Marino? Elway or Favre?

I'd say Elway beats out Marino and Favre, 2-1. Montana wins 4-2 over Elway.

That's my point in todays list of great QBs.

Everybody forgets about the Blonde Bomber. Four SB rings and he could throw the ball, just ask Swannie and Stallworth.

Unitas-Montana-Bradshaw

Brady and his kicker are not in their league. Marino could pass, but that's it. Elway lost too many SBs to be considered in the top 3. Favre is now a cartoon character. Romo hasn't done sh*t and probably never will. The Manning's have a nice future in coaching.

beSteelmyheart
07-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Phillip Rivers????????
Oh for crying out loud, are you kidding me?? Who are these people who write this crap, & where in hell exactly do they come from?
True, he might be a gamer & whatever but please. really. Give me a break here. Phillip Rivers over Ben. I think I want to puke.

Ishkabibble
07-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Good to hear the Blonde Bomber could throw a ball. He was a QB, right?
I'm a huge Bradshaw guy and it's always irritated me when he's not mentioned among the greatest ever. But saying Brady, Marino, Manning & Elway are lesser QB's is flat-out absurd. One thing's for certain; don't bring career stats into the conversation, cuz TB ain't gonna win there.