PDA

View Full Version : Rugby on ESPN

steelersfanman92
07-01-2009, 09:07 AM
On July 4 at 4pm ESPN will, for the first time, air rugby live. They are showing the USA vs. Canada world cup qualifing match. If you have a chance to watch you definetly should. Rugby is one of the fastest and most exciting sports around and this should be a pretty good game.

The_WARDen
07-06-2009, 08:21 AM
ugh...I was busy watching paint dry.

NFL STEELERS NRL DRAGONS
08-25-2009, 05:35 AM
I was busy watching Rugby League a far better game.

Preacher
08-25-2009, 06:08 AM
I was busy watching Rugby League a far better game.

:rofl:

You must have been one of those pretty boy backs always afraid of getting in with the real men in a ruck. :chuckle:

sherlock
08-25-2009, 12:48 PM
On July 4 at 4pm ESPN will, for the first time, air rugby live. They are showing the USA vs. Canada world cup qualifing match. If you have a chance to watch you definetly should. Rugby is one of the fastest and most exciting sports around and this should be a pretty good game.

Gotta say I love the way Canada play rugby.....kinda old school...how France used to play.
Imagination,invention,free-flowing,,,,great to watch.

steelersfanman92
08-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Gotta say I love the way Canada play rugby.....kinda old school...how France used to play.
Imagination,invention,free-flowing,,,,great to watch.

I agree they are a fun team to watch, but its to bad the US sucks

sherlock
08-26-2009, 11:45 AM
I agree they are a fun team to watch, but its to bad the US sucks

The thing is steelersfanman92 is that no doubt you are well aware Rugby is very much a minority sport in the States so you can`t expect too much.
The U.S.A. rugby team hold their own in what you could call the 2nd tier of rugby,a tier which not that long ago included Argentina and Italy,teams who are now respected on the international stage.
Perhaps the States will be next although I think Canada will be the next team to break into the `major` league.
It must be frustrating for you to follow what is a minority sport in your country.....I know how you feel,what with following the NFL here in the U.K!

steelersfanman92
08-26-2009, 04:05 PM
The thing is steelersfanman92 is that no doubt you are well aware Rugby is very much a minority sport in the States so you can`t expect too much.
The U.S.A. rugby team hold their own in what you could call the 2nd tier of rugby,a tier which not that long ago included Argentina and Italy,teams who are now respected on the international stage.
Perhaps the States will be next although I think Canada will be the next team to break into the `major` league.
It must be frustrating for you to follow what is a minority sport in your country.....I know how you feel,what with following the NFL here in the U.K!

What you said makes a lot of sense. The good thing is that rugby is one of the fastest growing sports in the country. A lot of high school football players are starting to realize that rugby makes you better at football. The US team has a lot of size compared to others, just a lot of the players picked up the sport later in life unlike players from other countries that have been playing their entire life. The US team should show a lot of improvement in the coming years when players that grew up with the game start making the national team.