PDA

View Full Version : Cincy Reporters can't let it go...

Suitanim
01-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Absolutely disgusting how far these ****s will go to make a name for themselves. I feel dirty for even bringing this stupid retarded POS's article into the light of day, but it's probably more important to expose blatant ignorance than to let it grow under rocks in the dark...

Von Oelhoffen relishes role with Steelers
CINCINNATI ? Our careers ? covering the Bengals and playing for them ? overlapped three seasons (1997-99). During that time, two things struck me about Kimo von Oelhoffen:

1) He wanted to be a firefighter when his playing days were over.

2) He absolutely loved playing against the Pittsburgh Steelers. He loved playing against ?em so much, you?d have sworn he wanted to be one ? while he was a Bengal.

Each year during Steelers week, von Oelhoffen needed two Kleenex as he spoke, in awe, about the challenge of facing his idol, Steelers center Dermontti Dawson. One tissue to wipe the drool from his chin, the other to dab his starry, cloudy eyes.

So it was no surprise that when von Oelhoffen?s contract was up, he signed as an unrestricted free agent with the Steelers on Feb. 18, 2000. I?d have been shocked had he gone anywhere else.

Well, I learned something more about the 12-year veteran on Sunday. He?s a pretty good actor.

After his cheap shot on Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer, von Oelhoffen raised his hands to his helmet pretending to be sorry. I didn?t buy Kimo?s act then. I don?t buy it today. I won?t buy it tomorrow.

That the NFL didn?t fine von Oelhoffen, coupled with referee Larry Nemmers? refusal to penalize him, is a double slap in the face of the Bengals organization.

E-mailers have flooded my inbox, seeking my opinion on the play. I answer them with one word. D-i-r-t-y. Because every hit on a quarterback below the waist in exactly that.

In exonerating von Oelhoffen, the league claimed he didn?t have an unrestricted path to the quarterback. It said he was coming off a block (by left guard Eric Steinbach), got thrown off the block and his path to Palmer wasn?t clear.

What I saw was von Oelhoffen hit the ground, then lunge into Palmer?s left knee, crushing his ACL and MCL.

My first thought: Where?s referee Bernie Kukar when you need him? Of the league?s 130-plus officials, he?s the No. 1 protector of quarterbacks.

Back on Dec. 4, Kukar threw the flag on Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman for roughing Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, and Kukar threw the flag on Steelers linebacker Clark Haggans for roughing Palmer. Nemmers never reached for his yellow hankie.

It?s wasted space to print here that the Bengals would?ve won the game had Palmer played its entirety. But it?s not too far-fetched to think, and claim, that the Steelers? best chance at victory would be if Palmer got knocked out of the game.

Longtime Bengals observers still remember the night of Oct. 10, 1983, when Steelers defensive end Keith Gary yanked quarterback Ken Anderson?s head like a twist-off, soda-pop bottle. So von Oelhoffen?s dirty hit was hardly precedent-setting.

What genuinely surprised me was the Bengals? reaction.

Instead of slamming Rudi Johnson and Chris Perry down the Steelers? throats in a test of manhood, offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski allowed Jon ?Crazy Legs? Kitna to heave 40 passes. Two got picked off.

And tell me this: How could the Bengals ? with their franchise quarterback on crutches, his knee encased in ice and out until August ? let Roethlisberger and von Oelhoffen escape Paul Brown Stadium without a bump or a bruise? I have a feeling they were too busy bickering at halftime.

Therein lies the difference between the two clubs.

One is hard. The other is soft.

Contact Chick Ludwig at (937) 225-2253.

SteelCityMan786
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Geeze Cincy you can't handle we beat you. Damn Just shut the hell up.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2006, 09:04 PM
I cant believe they are still harping on this so bad.. for pete sake, get the hell over it. You lost, your QB is injured, life sux.. move on...

Suitanim
01-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Perhaps we should all call Chuck. Monday Morning. At, say, 10 o'clock. His number is (937) 225-2253.

tony hipchest
01-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Longtime Bengals observers still remember the night of Oct. 10, 1983, when Steelers defensive end Keith Gary yanked quarterback Ken Anderson?s head like a twist-off, soda-pop bottle.......

.........and them 4 guys are really pissed!:rofl:

CantStop85
01-13-2006, 09:23 PM
Geeze Cincy you can't handle we beat you. Damn Just shut the hell up.
I'm sure the authors of these articles read SF on a daily basis.

You're talking to thin air, bud.

Suitanim
01-13-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm sure the authors of these articles read SF on a daily basis.

You're talking to thin air, bud.

That's actually a good point. If someone is mentally challenged enough to print this horseshit and get it published, calling the paper or it's representatives will be a mistake. It will lend credibility to nothing...

Sharkissle29
01-14-2006, 12:07 PM
cry me a winner....what a bunch of sore losers, they need to stop winning so they dont have to be little whiners.

Hammer67
01-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Well...inexperience with the playoffs and playoff losses also translates to the media in the respective town. If Cincy is lucky enough to make the playoffs again...maybe their journalists will act like veterans and stop crying over their spilt milk like babies. :rolleyes:

Can you imagine Ed Bouchette writing something like that after last years loss to the Pats?

God...grow up Cincy.

BB2W
01-14-2006, 12:36 PM
At least he was right about one thing...

Therein lies the difference between the two clubs.

One is hard. The other is soft.

drizze99
01-14-2006, 02:30 PM
CantStop85... Oh I think we did! I'm sure CJ doesn't like Ike to much.

That article is COMPLETE horseshit. I'm sure glad I have free long distance!

clevestinks
01-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Cincy, save your sorry ass artlicles! You may need the same material after the ass whoppings next season. If this is going to be a rivalry, then only real men need apply! If your players can`t take the fact that they were beat by a better team, put a skirt on them.

We were favored at your house! We Won! Bottom line.

SteelCityMan786
01-14-2006, 03:18 PM
I cant believe they are still harping on this so bad.. for pete sake, get the hell over it. You lost, your QB is injured, life sux.. move on...

Exactly Life ain't fair. Points To You Man. The Bengals need to GET OVER IT! We have had the same shit in the AFC Championship, but we let go eventually.

SteelerzGirl
01-14-2006, 05:46 PM
Well what do you expect from Cincy? They're OUT of the playoffs, it's the dead of winter, and they have nothing better to do now but cry over spilt milk. Poor things... You almost have to feel sorry for them... Almost! :busted:

CantStop85
01-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Exactly Life ain't fair. Points To You Man. The Bengals need to GET OVER IT! We have had the same shit in the AFC Championship, but we let go eventually.
*Sigh*...You guys just don't get it...

What's the difference between reporters *****ing about Carson getting injured and you guys *****ing about reports *****ing about Carson getting injured.

I repeat, not a single person who reads this board has replied to this thread in disagreement with your opinion that Kimo's hit wasn't a cheap shot. Let it go...if you don't like the articles then stop reading them and bringing them up.

Suitanim
01-14-2006, 06:48 PM
*Sigh*...You guys just don't get it...

What's the difference between reporters *****ing about Carson getting injured and you guys *****ing about reports *****ing about Carson getting injured.

I repeat, not a single person who reads this board has replied to this thread in disagreement with your opinion that Kimo's hit wasn't a cheap shot. Let it go...if you don't like the articles then stop reading them and bringing them up.

We all moved on until your fellow "fan" Hero Decks showed up talking a bunch of ignorant bullshit. Remember, this IS a Steelers board...what do you expect?

CantStop85
01-14-2006, 06:55 PM
We all moved on until your fellow "fan" Hero Decks showed up talking a bunch of ignorant bullshit. Remember, this IS a Steelers board...what do you expect?
So my fellow "fan" held a gun to this thread creator's head and made him post about the article?

Eh, whatever. I'm simply amused by the irony in the fact that you're criticizing Cincy for not being able to let something go when you guys can't either.

Suitanim
01-14-2006, 07:08 PM
I thought I was clear...it was better to let the Steelers fans know just how ignorant, ill-informed and out of their element the Bengals, their fans and even their writers really are.

Perhaps if all you jackasses would have exercised just a touch of restraint before the game, things would be different, but you didn't. Your team was owned, and it sucks, don't it? Why should we pull punches?

CantStop85
01-14-2006, 07:14 PM
I thought I was clear...it was better to let the Steelers fans know just how ignorant, ill-informed and out of their element the Bengals, their fans and even their writers really are.

Perhaps if all you jackasses would have exercised just a touch of restraint before the game, things would be different, but you didn't. Your team was owned, and it sucks, don't it? Why should we pull punches?
Aha...now you've given up the argument and resorted to name-calling and team-bashing. I win! :bouncy:

Suitanim
01-14-2006, 07:16 PM
Aha...now you've given up the argument and resorted to name-calling and team-bashing. I win! :bouncy:

If it makes you feel better, then, yes, Corky, you beat me...

Stlrs4Life
01-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Perhaps we should all call Chuck. Monday Morning. At, say, 10 o'clock. His number is (937) 225-2253.

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!1

83-Steelers-43
01-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Personally, I wouldn't waste my time or money over some crying, pathetic, idiotic, typical Bungle moron. Just my preference. The fans in that city are a complete joke, the team is a joke and the organization as a whole is a joke. It's really not worth it.

drewcary
01-16-2006, 10:21 AM
The bungles will never get over it. The infighting at halftime during that game marked the beginning of the return of the bungles.
See you guys next time you play a playoff game. That should be sometime around the year 2021.

figg
01-16-2006, 10:46 AM

His voice mail is full for some reason :busted: