PDA

View Full Version : Artest to the Cavs?

revefsreleets
07-02-2009, 12:35 PM
That's the latest rumor. Thug life, baby!

Eh, he plays defense and can drain 3's...and Andy's all but gone, I think, so...not a fan of punks, but it IS the NBA.

KeiselPower99
07-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Artest. This generations Dennis Rodman

SteelersinCA
07-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Or to the Lakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

revefsreleets
07-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Well, the Cavs are still looking, that's the point I'm making.

SteelersinCA
07-03-2009, 11:10 AM
I think they blew their shot on the caliber player Artest is and Ariza can become, anyone else is 2nd tier compared to them. Longer they look, the less that is out there.

revefsreleets
07-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Artest really isn't their type of player anyway...to thuggish. Glad they passed.

Aziza was intriguing, but maybe they have hopes for JJ Hickson? He's just a pup yet, and definitely has tons of upside...

Steel Head
07-03-2009, 02:05 PM
I can't wait to see Artest make Queen James cry in the finals next year

SteelersinCA
07-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Artest really isn't their type of player anyway...to thuggish. Glad they passed.

Aziza was intriguing, but maybe they have hopes for JJ Hickson? He's just a pup yet, and definitely has tons of upside...

You mean real thug or fake thug like Shaq is? Remember all those Shaq "raps?" We could probably rap better than that. :laughing:

Steel_12
07-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Real thugs are in the streets...

Artest to the Lakers makes them the favorites, IMO.

fansince'76
07-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Remember all those Shaq "raps?" We could probably rap better than that. :laughing:

Gotta admit, this was hilarious:

iBh5dvSbgLM

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

SteelCityKing
07-03-2009, 05:30 PM
yeah, Artest signed with the Lakers.

Kobe = Jordan
Lamar = Pippen
Artest = Rodman

i'm putting my money on the Lakers next year. that is, unless the Celtics pick up Rasheed Wallace from the Pistons. it could happen and it probably will. i love 'Sheed, but i can't root for Boston. my heart is going with the Lakers and geographically, i should root for the Cavs. but my stomach hurts thinking of Shaq and LeBron posing and taking pictures of each other before the game and making the next cover of Slam.

my NBA life will be turned upside down next season because my Pistons are in splinters and the Spurs will be good...real good with Blair and possibly Rasheed.

bring back Rodman. i'll root for any team he plays for. even if it's the Clippers! haha!

tony hipchest
07-03-2009, 05:38 PM
shaq only tried to be a thug on the court. (remember him swinging at barkley and ostertag- i think?)

somebody who took a side job as paul blart mall cop cant be looked at as a fake thug.

Steel_12
07-03-2009, 06:35 PM
shaq only tried to be a thug on the court. (remember him swinging at barkley and ostertag- i think?)

somebody who took a side job as paul blart mall cop cant be looked at as a fake thug.

lol it was Brad Miller...i still think he woulda died if Shaq had connected

tony hipchest
07-03-2009, 06:48 PM
lol it was Brad Miller...i still think he woulda died if Shaq had connected :chuckle: thats right. it was a death shot for sure! that fist was swinging like a wrecking ball.

nothing will be funnier than him and barkley going at it. barkley was a bit off his rocker but diplayed cojones of steel.

BehindSteelCurtain
07-03-2009, 07:12 PM
I hate people on this board that claim to be true Steeler fans but yet support a Ohio team.

Steel Head
07-03-2009, 07:35 PM
I hate people on this board that claim to be true Steeler fans but yet support a Ohio team.

:thumbsup:

Im with you man. I am pretty sure some of them are closet Brownies/Bungles fans.

pretty sad really

BehindSteelCurtain
07-03-2009, 10:02 PM
:thumbsup:

Im with you man. I am pretty sure some of them are closet Brownies/Bungles fans.

pretty sad really

It drives me INSANE!:banging:

lilyoder6
07-04-2009, 03:07 AM
so basically the lakers and rockets just switched players...

but i think artest is a better off and def than ariza

revefsreleets
07-06-2009, 09:19 AM

So, I'm turning 40 in September, and I've been a Steelers fan since I was 6....BUT I'm not a true fan because of my geographical location?

I lived in Salem, which is halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh, but I'm only (according to you and steel head) allowed to be fans of EITHER Ohio teams OR PA teams, but not both?

I'm sorry, but this makes even LESS sense than saying that picking up Shaq doesn't address any of the Cavs needs...and that made no sense at all.

MACH1
07-06-2009, 12:16 PM
So, I'm turning 40 in September, and I've been a Steelers fan since I was 6....BUT I'm not a true fan because of my geographical location?

Ah ha, I knew it Poser. :wink02:

revefsreleets
07-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Ah ha, I knew it Poser. :wink02:

A mere and meager 34 years, and, of course, I only followed them during the best and brightest years, like when the Malone years, the Brister years, the Kordella years...proudly wore my B&G gear in NEO even in the lowliest of years, the era when the Browns actually knew how to beat the Steelers.

These kids crack me up sometimes...

pittsburghp8baller
07-06-2009, 01:01 PM

Since when does FOOTBALL have anything to do with BASKETBALL? Who cares who he routes for in a DIFFERENT sport? Lets question his loyalty to the Steelers when they ACTUALLY PLAY the Cavaliers.

I suppose you want Ben traded since he has been at Cavalier games routing for them?

BehindSteelCurtain
07-06-2009, 03:21 PM
It's like being a Browns fan and liking Michigan.

I just don't understand how you could like the cleveland cavaliers, assuming OSU too, assuming cleveland Indians, and Pittsburgh Steelers. Stick to one city.

BehindSteelCurtain
07-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Since when does FOOTBALL have anything to do with BASKETBALL? Who cares who he routes for in a DIFFERENT sport? Lets question his loyalty to the Steelers when they ACTUALLY PLAY the Cavaliers.

I suppose you want Ben traded since he has been at Cavalier games routing for them?

That's different.........I am talking about from a fan's perspective.

revefsreleets
07-06-2009, 03:30 PM

I just don't understand how you could like the cleveland cavaliers, assuming OSU too, assuming cleveland Indians, and Pittsburgh Steelers. Stick to one city.

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

I picked my teams when I was like 6 years old...and I've stuck with them the whole way. The Indians, for example, were AWFUL for the first 2/3rds of my life. Hardly frontrunning to be a fan of a perennial basement dweller.

Seriously, why pick on someone who picks teams that ARE geographically located? You COULD make some kind of argument against liking a bunch of teams from remote parts of the country, but this is weak...

SteelersinCA
07-06-2009, 03:43 PM
I think what he's trying to understand is why are the Steelers the anomaly? You have, OSU, the Indians, the Cavs and then the Steelers, why not the browns? Personally, I don't give a shit, but I can see where his confusion lies.

MACH1
07-06-2009, 03:52 PM
That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Guess I'm not allowed to be a fan of any teams. :rolleyes:

revefsreleets
07-06-2009, 03:52 PM
I think what he's trying to understand is why are the Steelers the anomaly? You have, OSU, the Indians, the Cavs and then the Steelers, why not the browns? Personally, I don't give a shit, but I can see where his confusion lies.

OSU is in Columbus.
The Indians and Cavs are in Cleveland.
The Steelers are in Pittsburgh.

Proximity-wise, all are about equal distance.

Plus, I'm a LIFELONG fan of these teams, so who cares why i picked the teams I picked? The IMPORTANT thing is I didn't hop ship to ride the winning ponies...I stuck with my teams through thick and thin, and, need i remind anyone, the Cavs and Indians both have a history of being horrifically bad.

SteelersinCA
07-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Hey growing up in Columbus, I'm with you, I'm just trying to articulate what I guess he was really trying to say. I hate every Ohio team for the same reason I hate every North East team, their fans.

fansince'76
07-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Guess I'm not allowed to be a fan of any teams. :rolleyes:

Not true!

https://www.capedfcu.org/images/steelheads.jpg

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

stlrtruck
07-06-2009, 04:05 PM
If we base it on location, then I'd be screwed.

Born in CT, raised in MD, and now live in Tampa. So by location that only leaves either the patriots*, colts, ratbirds, or the bucs. Hockey would have been the Bruins, Caps, or the Lightning.

It's sports suicide!

revefsreleets
07-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Hey growing up in Columbus, I'm with you, I'm just trying to articulate what I guess he was really trying to say. I hate every Ohio team for the same reason I hate every North East team, their fans.

Generalize much?

I actually find SOME of the Browns fans to be among the most intelligent and football savvy fans I've run across, and I lived in Florida for most of the 90's, where there were literally thousands of transplants from every NFL city.

SteelersinCA
07-06-2009, 04:20 PM
I never have backed away from my generalizations Rev; every time you ask I acknowledge them. I'm sure there are some intelligent fans of the Browns out there, but when you are inundated with the majority who aren't, it tends to lead to a solid disrespect and disdain for their teams. Blind homerism is a sickness.

revefsreleets
07-06-2009, 04:40 PM
I never have backed away from my generalizations Rev; every time you ask I acknowledge them. I'm sure there are some intelligent fans of the Browns out there, but when you are inundated with the majority who aren't, it tends to lead to a solid disrespect and disdain for their teams. Blind homerism is a sickness.

Interesting....and remind of when you accused ME of blind homerism...without even knowing anything about me, or reading any of the other 17,000 posts of mine prior (there are more under suitanim).

Whatever...it's all good...

SteelersinCA
07-06-2009, 04:53 PM
I wasn't accusing you of blind homerism. Relax. I was saying the majority of Ohio team fans I know are blind homers, much like the NE fans I know. I find that as a fan base in general, blind homerism is rampant in those fan bases. That is all, no personal insinuations whatsoever.

tony hipchest
07-06-2009, 06:14 PM
WOOHOO! i get to root for either the NMSU aggies or UTEP miners :tt03:

oh i guess i cant root for the miners (not that i'd really want too). theyre in texas. :poop: :doh:

fwiw, i'll root for any baskeball i damn well please. ive got jerseys representing about half the teams in the nba. it almost disgusts me, but i still have a (now "throwback") jason kidd jersey from his first go-around with the maverics. i dont even like the maverics, but the jersey is cool, and kidd is awesome and someone i followed since his days at Cal.

i'll even quit watching a team if they suck and choose another team to follow (or even claim a team *sonics* that no longer exists).

im pretty much indifferent towards the cavs but have no problem watching and rooting for labron.

has nothing to do with my steelers love.

pittsburghp8baller
07-06-2009, 06:17 PM

That makes no sense. Im a Notre Dame and Hawaii football fan but i still love the Steelers. The only thing the Pitt Panthers and Steelers have in common is they play on the same field

Guess I'm not allowed to be a fan of any teams

id rather not be allowed to be a fan of any teams than be a Redskin and Capital fan.

I really dont see what the problem is with liking the teams from different cities? I went to Capitals/Panthers game this year with one of my friends, which was his first NHL game, the Panthers won and now he is a Panthers fan. That doesnt take away the fact that he has been a die hard Redskins fan his whole life and recently became a Nats fan when they moved to town.

A lot of people mold there team bias based on what they first see. I know I started to follow the Devil Rays (back when they were called the Devil Rays) because i went to one of there games when i lived in Florida. And I LOVE the Miami Hurricanes baseball team, again cause ive seen them live and have seen them on TV quite a bit. I have never felt that it made me less of a Pirates fan following the Rays and Miami FL.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-06-2009, 07:19 PM
I wasn't accusing you of blind homerism. Relax. I was saying the majority of Ohio team fans I know are blind homers, much like the NE fans I know. I find that as a fan base in general, blind homerism is rampant in those fan bases. That is all, no personal insinuations whatsoever.

The majority of Steeler fans act pretty similiar (at least in my area), some of the ones currently in my area are even worse somewhat. Nothing like trying to talk football and having the fact that the Steelers won 6 Super Bowls in my face, rather than say how Woodley will be now that Foote's gone or if Limas Sweed will pan out or something, or how the Browns may have something.

I like talking football with real fans, I had a great time talking Football in Beaver Falls on a College visit with real fans of the Steelers and Nittany lions., A huge majority of the Steeler fans that have come out of the Woodwork in Akron/Canton are not like that and they seem to be doing it for attention and to piss Browns fan off. I don't however consider people like Rev and people like him in that boat.

Quite a few Dawgs whom actually are that way. On the site I frequent there's Browns fans that are Red Wings and Tigers fans for some reason. Heck, I'm more of a Purdue Boilermaker fan than a Buckeye fan, simply because my dad raised me as such. (I still love the Buckeyes though)

I have zero problems with Steeler fans cheering for Ohio teams so long as they're legit with a reason and they're cheering for the Steelers not simply because the Browns suck.

SteelCityKing
07-06-2009, 08:39 PM
as Steelers fans, we do tend to throw the common fact of having 6 champioships in the face of every opposing fan. which does get rather annoying after awhile because our team is more than that. we have plenty of other facts and tidbits to spit in opposing fans faces that they can't rebute and that, to me, is more intelligent than the Browns fans saying, "we have more championships than the Steelers...before the merger." that's ALL i ever hear come from Browns fans. that's super irritating.

SteelCityKing
07-06-2009, 08:40 PM
how did this thread about Ron Artest going to the Cleveland Cavaliers start on about the Browns being a butthole colored team? answer me that! =)

SteelCityKing
07-06-2009, 08:41 PM
also, you should change your name from Rodwoodsonwasprettycool to Rodwoodsonisahalloffamer! how about THAT!? =)

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-06-2009, 09:01 PM
also, you should change your name from Rodwoodsonwasprettycool to Rodwoodsonisahalloffamer! how about THAT!? =)

Sure :).

If anyone can fix me up a sig of him as a Boiler I'd also be happy to rock him in my sig.

http://www.indy.com/photos/219056/post.jpg

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/pur/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/2702983.jpeg

tony hipchest
07-06-2009, 09:02 PM
how did this thread about Ron Artest going to the Cleveland Cavaliers start on about the Browns being a butthole colored team? answer me that! =)
this thread took a shitty turn when some newbs felt the need to call out long time steelersfever member(s) for being steelerfans. :noidea:

SteelersinCA
07-07-2009, 12:01 AM
The majority of Steeler fans act pretty similiar (at least in my area), some of the ones currently in my area are even worse somewhat. Nothing like trying to talk football and having the fact that the Steelers won 6 Super Bowls in my face, rather than say how Woodley will be now that Foote's gone or if Limas Sweed will pan out or something, or how the Browns may have something.

I agree 100%, I'm just on the other side.

xfl2001fan
07-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Artest signing with the Lakers really hurts. As much as I like the additions of Shaq/Parker (who are both improvements over the players we gave up), it's still a tough pill to swallow. Artest would have really put us over the top this season...though that's one LARGE three-headed ego monster to contend with (Shaq/Lebron/Artest). Then again, there is now Artest/Kobe/Phil in LA. Meh.

xfl2001fan
07-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Despite the Andy signing (I don't beleive he's worth the money...but most big men are overpaid...look at Eric Dampier getting 10M this season) give Danny Ferry (and our owner) some credit.

To get Mo Williams and Shaq, he gave up:

Damon Jones, a retiring Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic.

With the economy fading...and Cavs ticket sales going up (while most other teams deal with harsher times), expect for the Cavs to make another crazy trade to bring in a star looking for a ring.