PDA

View Full Version : Palin Announces She's Quitting as Governor of Alaska

Fire Haley
07-03-2009, 03:56 PM
KTUU-TV in Anchorage reports that Palin not only won't seek re-election, but will resign later this month.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/politics_nation/2009/07/palin_wont_seek_reelection_in.html

--------------------------------

She's finished.

fansince'76
07-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Can't say I blame her with all the bullshit she's STILL putting up with. For example, Letterman makes a completely uncalled-for remark about her 14-year-old daughter, she calls him on it, but according to the media, SHE'S a humorless queen bitch for it?

43Hitman
07-03-2009, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see her start touring the country to attend and put together tea parties, in protest of the legislature that is being proposed in the House and Senate. She would invigorate a lot of pissed off Americans.

Fire Haley
07-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Quitting an elected position is too much like 'cut and run'.

Nobody likes a quitter.

Was she hiking the Appalachian trail with Sanford?

Steel_12
07-03-2009, 04:35 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The Patriot
07-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Can't say I blame her with all the bullshit she's STILL putting up with. For example, Letterman makes a completely uncalled-for remark about her 14-year-old daughter, she calls him on it, but according to the media, SHE'S a humorless queen bitch for it?

Letterman is a douche, but the comments of a late night TV show host shouldn't prompt a Governor to resign.

fansince'76
07-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Letterman is a douche, but the comments of a late night TV show host shouldn't prompt a Governor to resign.

I think that's just the tip of the iceberg and was the final straw. Not only her life, but her entire family's lives, have literally been turned into tabloid fodder for the last year now. Some people can take that and some people can't. But you're correct, if you want to play ball with the big boys, you gotta have thicker skin than what she's exhibiting with this move.

tony hipchest
07-03-2009, 05:11 PM
lol.

happy 4th of july. :usa:

shes gone huntin.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/2008-09-02-images-sarahpalinbikini.jpg

Godfather
07-03-2009, 05:12 PM

That's far from the only, or even the worst, example. The hatchet job the left did on her is a disgrace. I didn't think it was possible to see anything more disgusting than the right's treatment of the Clintons, but the left's treatment of Palin takes the cake.

I don't blame her for giving up and going away, but this will still hurt her future prospects. Not because it makes her a quitter, but because if she does try to come back the left will do the same thing again.

Preacher
07-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Actually, let me shed a little light on this subject via an excerpt from a news paper:

“We know we can effect positive change outside of government,” she said in making the announcement.
Known as Sarah Barracuda when she played basketball in high school, Ms. Palin used point guard analogy in explaining her decision, saying she knows “exactly when to pass the ball so the team can win.”
She said that she planned to hand over the reins of the state government to Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell, who would be sworn in at the governor’s picnic in Fairbanks later this month.
“This decision came after much consideration,” Ms. Palin told reporters gathered at her home, and added, “I really don’t want to disappoint anyone with this announcement.”
There had been wide speculation that she would seek to be the Republican Party’s presidential candidate in 2012. Gov. Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota, who is also considered to be a leading Republican candidate for president in 2012, announced last month that he would not seek re-election.
By leaving office early, Ms. Palin, a 45-year-old mother of five, will be able to travel around the country more freely and not be constrained by the duties and responsibilities of being a governor.
“Some are going to question the timing of this, and let me say this decision has been in the works for quite a while,” she said.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/03/palin-to-resign-as-governor-of-alaska/?hp

T&B fan
07-03-2009, 05:13 PM
lol.

happy 4th of july. :usa:

shes gone huntin.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/2008-09-02-images-sarahpalinbikini.jpg

hahaha love that pic :thumbsup:

Godfather
07-03-2009, 05:40 PM
I have to question the political strategy here. I understand her not wanting the lame-duck period after announcing she wasn't seeking a second term. But she should have waited until the last day of qualifying and let Parnell run. This gives the detestable Murkowski machine time to regroup.

Psyychoward86
07-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Haaa....But yeah. She's been under a lot of pressure since McCain made her his runningmate. Cant blame her at all.

Godfather
07-03-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm bummed because I wanted her to run in 2016. I think she would have been a good POTUS, and as a bonus I could enjoy watching the haters be miserable.

hindes204
07-03-2009, 07:24 PM
It's amazing the disparity on coverage on this...if you change it to msnbc they are bashing her (big surprise) and the reporter actually said "I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop" insinuating there is a scandal coming...why the hell does that station still exist.................oh yea, Tony needs a station to watch, lol

X-Terminator
07-03-2009, 08:00 PM
It's amazing the disparity on coverage on this...if you change it to msnbc they are bashing her (big surprise) and the reporter actually said "I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop" insinuating there is a scandal coming...why the hell does that station still exist.................oh yea, Tony needs a station to watch, lol

No, the bigger question is why do you even watch BSNBC, or any other cable news network?

This type of garbage reporting is exactly why so many good people don't get into politics, and we end up being stuck with the Ted Kennedys and Haley Barbours of the world. You'd have to be insane to want to deal with this every day.

hindes204
07-03-2009, 08:13 PM
No, the bigger question is why do you even watch BSNBC, or any other cable news network?

This type of garbage reporting is exactly why so many good people don't get into politics, and we end up being stuck with the Ted Kennedys and Haley Barbours of the world. You'd have to be insane to want to deal with this every day.

Trust me, the decision to watch a little bit of this garbage network was merely just to see how they were covering the palin news, I would never subject myself to that ridiculous network on a daily basis

JEFF4i
07-04-2009, 12:55 AM
We'll see.

This could be a good move for the realization for her full potential, one can only hope.

Fire Haley
07-04-2009, 08:44 AM
What do Alaskans have to say? - she (was) their state governor.

THE VOTERS HAVE THEIR SAY

Palin's constituents also offered their thoughts on her sudden resignation.

"I was shocked and kind of disappointing because Alaska has had to stand behind her through all of the publicity and the scandals and everything, and I can't believe it," Lisa Tidwell said.

"Well I hate to see her go. I thought she was doing a good job and I like her and I'm just wondering what she's got planned," Steve Loff said.

"I was very happy. I think it's a long time coming and I can't wait to see the reasons that she's doing it. I think something big is about to break and happen," Patti Lenhart said.

"I think it's immature. I think she should be finishing up what she started," Dawn Munoz said.

Check out the comments section at the end of the breaking story article:

All over the place with the love and hate.

http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=10641495

Fire Haley
07-04-2009, 09:25 AM
I'm bummed because I wanted her to run in 2016.

You mean after Obama wins his second term?

We don't need another messiah - we need someone who can beat him in 2012.
She wasn't it. Time to look in a new direction.

J Dogg
07-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Pathetic.

She was hired to do a job and she wasn't up to snuff. There's no chance I support her for anything more than dog catcher in Anchorage after this.

America needs Statesmen and not politicians and Palin has made it VERY clear that she's nothing more than a politician.

Fire Haley
07-04-2009, 10:11 AM
This can mean only one thing...

http://www.cynical-c.com/archives/bloggraphics/jeb.jpg

Godfather
07-04-2009, 10:12 AM

Actually, yes. The only way Obama loses in 2012 is if he's an epic fail. I don't want that to happen because a failed presidency is bad for America. And it would hurt in the long run by reviving the neocon/Bush version of the GOP. What we need is either a Republican Party that actually supports small government, or even better a new conservative party that does so without all the GOP's historical baggage.

silver & black
07-04-2009, 10:15 AM

We don't need another messiah - we need someone who can beat him in 2012.
She wasn't it. Time to look in a new direction.

I agree. I like Palin, but 2012 is not her time.

So, who does the right have that is a viable candidate? And I'm not talking about who can win... I'm talking about a real alternative to the normal party BS. I'm sure there aren't any viable candidates on either side of the fence that are willing to subject themselves and their families to the scrutiny of the media. That's why we end up with the dipshits we have/had.

"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by those that are dumber." [ Plato ]

Godfather
07-04-2009, 10:16 AM
This can mean only one thing...

http://www.cynical-c.com/archives/bloggraphics/jeb.jpg

Another Bush? Maybe his slogan can be "Third Time's A Charm"

J Dogg
07-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Tim Pawlenty is still my odds on favorite for the nomination, especially if the economy is still sputtering along.

Fire Haley
07-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Another Bush? Maybe his slogan can be "Third Time's A Charm"

Not a Bush - he's dropping that part.

Just

JEB!

Like Sting

Fire Haley
07-04-2009, 11:16 AM
So, who does the right have that is a viable candidate?

I present to you....

MITCH DANIELS, GOVERNOR OF INDIANA

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/94/Mitch_Daniels.jpg/225px-Mitch_Daniels.jpg

Can Mitch Daniels Save the GOP?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/eye-on-2012/can-mitch-daniels-save-the-gop.html

JEFF4i
07-04-2009, 11:49 AM
None listed seem to be what the GOP needs...we'll see who comes out and rises it from the ashes, but so far, I've yet to see someone who can do it.

Thought Palin might, but things kind of fell apart at the seams.

silver & black
07-04-2009, 11:56 AM
I present to you....

MITCH DANIELS, GOVERNOR OF INDIANA

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/94/Mitch_Daniels.jpg/225px-Mitch_Daniels.jpg

Can Mitch Daniels Save the GOP?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/eye-on-2012/can-mitch-daniels-save-the-gop.html

The language in the address -- including the generational call to action -- is a direct echo of the successful rhetoric employed by President Obama during the 2008 election, a race in which he won those under the age of 24 by a whopping 38 points

That is exactly what I don't give a damn about... rhetoric. I want someone who will get the ball rolling with a viable plan to fix this shit sandwich that has become the USA.

I want a real, viable person that will give an honest attempt at serving his/her country for the betterment of his/her country. Rhetoric is why we are where we are right now... stuck with a smooth talking politician that is in over his head.

silver & black
07-04-2009, 12:05 PM
None listed seem to be what the GOP needs...we'll see who comes out and rises it from the ashes, but so far, I've yet to see someone who can do it.

Thought Palin might, but things kind of fell apart at the seams.

I honestly don't care if the GOP rises from the ashes, and I definitely lean to the right.

I want this country fixed. I don't care what party the person is from, as long he/she has a real plan to fix this mess. The guy we have right now sure isn't going to get it done.

It's a pipe dream, I know.

Shoes
07-04-2009, 01:12 PM
The sheer volume and quality of unfocused RAGE at the woman is pretty amazing. Those possessing the angry voices have turned into Velcro, happily grabbing onto something, anything, to deal with the disruption to their gestalt she represents.

Frankly, I think it is a result of what, exactly, she is: A beautiful, intelligent, thoughtful, articulate, woman who, as a conservative, is against everything the left thought was the automatic ultimate result of being a beautiful, thoughtful, articulate, woman. In other words, she is an anathema, a unicorn. She is so unlike what is expected of her that she simply can't be believed, or tolerated. Funny word, that last. As such, she must be destroyed.

Godfather
07-04-2009, 01:22 PM
The sheer volume and quality of unfocused RAGE at the woman is pretty amazing. Those possessing the angry voices have turned into Velcro, happily grabbing onto something, anything, to deal with the disruption to their gestalt she represents.

Frankly, I think it is a result of what, exactly, she is: A beautiful, intelligent, thoughtful, articulate, woman who, as a conservative, is against everything the left thought was the automatic ultimate result of being a beautiful, thoughtful, articulate, woman. In other words, she is an anathema, a unicorn. She is so unlike what is expected of her that she simply can't be believed, or tolerated. Funny word, that last. As such, she must be destroyed.

It's not just that the left is afraid of strong, independent women. It's also the fact that she had the audacity to run against the Chosen One and interfere with His birthright to the presidency.

tony hipchest
07-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Frankly, I think it is a result of what, exactly, she is: A beautiful, intelligent, thoughtful, articulate, woman who, as a conservative, is against everything the left thought was the automatic ultimate result of being a beautiful, thoughtful, articulate, woman. In other words, she is an anathema, a unicorn. She is so unlike what is expected of her that she simply can't be believed, or tolerated. Funny word, that last. As such, she must be destroyed.its getting so deep in here i need a snow shovel.

since its obvious she has evolved into americas version of princess dianna to some, allow me to say shes not dead....

she just freaking quit amongst scandal and lawsuits. :doh:

she was set out to be destroyed by that pu$$ycat katie couric? dont make me laugh.

perhaps sister sarah shouldve actually listen to the people paid to coach and advise her and take the time to prepare for an interview.

she was a very pretty, fortunate, stubborn, opportunistic, and crafty, conservative who was adept at pandering to the democratic base in her state.

i saw no evidence of articulation, thoughtfulness, or intelligence. that type of lip service is just hogwash.

J Dogg
07-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Democratic base?

Alaska is the most libertarian state in the country. The "bases" are useless when talking about that state.

Shoes
07-04-2009, 01:47 PM
its getting so deep in here i need a snow shovel.

since its obvious she has evolved into americas version of princess dianna to some, allow me to say shes not dead....

she just freaking quit amongst scandal and lawsuits. :doh:

she was set out to be destroyed by that pu$$ycat katie couric? dont make me laugh.

perhaps sister sarah shouldve actually listen to the people paid to coach and advise her and take the time to prepare for an interview.

she was a very pretty, fortunate, stubborn, opportunistic, and crafty, conservative who was adept at pandering to the democratic base in her state.

i saw no evidence of articulation, thoughtfulness, or intelligence. that type of lip service is just hogwash.

Maybe you weren't really listening Tony.... Remember Tolerance.

Have a great 4th....:tt:

tony hipchest
07-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Democratic base?

Alaska is the most libertarian state in the country. The "bases" are useless when talking about that state.in the eyes of the alaskan democratic party, she was definitely the lesser of two evils when looking at her republican counterpart she dethroned.

J Dogg
07-04-2009, 02:00 PM
in the eyes of the alaskan democratic party, she was definitely the lesser of two evils when looking at her republican counterpart she dethroned.

Given some of the winners that Alaska has offered up, I couldn't give a damn what they thought.

tony hipchest
07-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Maybe you weren't really listening Tony.... Remember Tolerance.

Have a great 4th....:tt:
i was. its unfortunate that it was her own staffers, and mccains advisors, friends, and aides who couldnt tolerate her.

cant blame democrats for that.

fansince'76
07-04-2009, 02:06 PM

As opposed to the Eloquent Teleprompter Reader, I suppose? :rolleyes:

Godfather
07-04-2009, 02:08 PM
in the eyes of the alaskan democratic party, she was definitely the lesser of two evils when looking at her republican counterpart she dethroned.

Murkowski was crooked beyond belief. How arrogant do you have to be to appoint your own daughter to your Senate seat--after getting the law changed so you'd be making the appointment?

And that might be the most blatant thing he did but it wasn't the worst. He put together a natural gas pipeline deal that would have cost taxpayers $10 billion more than it should have if Palin hadn't brought the hammer down on it.

tony hipchest
07-04-2009, 02:14 PM
As opposed to the Eloquent Teleprompter Reader, I suppose? :rolleyes:
threads about palin. theres a billion of others to go bash barry.

Shoes
07-04-2009, 02:15 PM
i was. its unfortunate that it was her own staffers, and mccains advisors, friends, and aides who couldnt tolerate her.

cant blame democrats for that.

John McCain is a angry, bitter man...and so are his advisers... I guess that makes him a demo.

fansince'76
07-04-2009, 02:15 PM
threads about palin. theres a billion of others to go bash barry.

Yeah, but those would ultimately get hijacked with Palin/McCain/Bush bashing as well, so what's good for the goose....

tony hipchest
07-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Murkowski was crooked beyond belief. How arrogant do you have to be to appoint your own daughter to your Senate seat--after getting the law changed so you'd be making the appointment?

And that might be the most blatant thing he did but it wasn't the worst. He put together a natural gas pipeline deal that would have cost taxpayers $10 billion more than it should have if Palin hadn't brought the hammer down on it.exactly. she was seen as a saint compared to him, even amongst the opposing party.

Given some of the winners that Alaska has offered up, I couldn't give a damn what they thought.

very good.

tony hipchest
07-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Yeah, but those would ultimately get hijacked with Palin/McCain/Bush bashing as well, so what's good for the goose....

bu..bu...bu...but bush?

the proof is not in the pudding. all the oboma bashing threads on this board are pretty much reserved for bashing obama. :noidea: if bush is mentioned, that member is called out with a :nono:

maybe youd like to name all the members here who actively bash bush in about 50% of ALL locker room threads.

:coffee:

fansince'76
07-04-2009, 02:34 PM
bu..bu...bu...but bush?

the proof is not in the pudding. all the oboma bashing threads on this board are pretty much reserved for bashing obama. :noidea: if bush is mentioned, that member is called out with a :nono:

Yeah, you're definitely speaking from experience on that one, which kind of makes my point.

maybe youd like to name all the members here who actively bash bush in about 50% of ALL locker room threads.

My bad, I keep forgetting this is a "Republican board." :rolleyes:

Shoes
07-04-2009, 02:38 PM
since its obvious she has evolved into americas version of princess dianna to some, allow me to say shes not dead...

How can that be...since the media hates Palin..... as far as Couric, she is on a sinking ship.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/evening_news_ratings/evening_news_ratings_week_of_june_1_118500.asp

tony hipchest
07-04-2009, 02:42 PM
My bad, I keep forgetting this is a "Republican board." :rolleyes:

care to elaborate on the response if bush is mentioned in an obama bashing thread?

if youve witnessed this place being called a "republican board" im almost certain youve witnessed the response.

fansince'76
07-04-2009, 02:43 PM
care to elaborate on the response if bush is mentioned in an obama bashing thread?

Sure. If Bush is mentioned, then the thread is no longer exclusively reserved for bashing Obama, is it? Simple. :coffee:

tony hipchest
07-04-2009, 02:48 PM
How can that be...since the media hates Palin..... as far as Couric, she is on a sinking ship.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/evening_news_ratings/evening_news_ratings_week_of_june_1_118500.asp

so what youre saying is that sarah's approval rating suck a little less than courics? :applaudit:

maybe she dumped the people of alaska so she can put her journalism degree from idaho to use and replace couric.

= much more national exposure and (doing good outside of politics). :thumbsup:

Shoes
07-04-2009, 02:55 PM
so what youre saying is that sarah's approval rating suck a little less than courics? :applaudit:

maybe she dumped the people of alaska so she can put her journalism degree from idaho to use and replace couric.

= much more national exposure and (doing good outside of politics). :thumbsup:

No....I'm saying Couric is not fit to be a News Anchor

tony hipchest
07-04-2009, 03:16 PM
No....I'm saying Couric is not fit to be a News Anchor

and im saying.... no, actually palins OWN people are saying, she was not fit to even be interviewed by said anchor.

dont blame me or the media or democrats.

blame paling and the factions of her camp and the RNC who (not only selected her but) started to turn on her well before the election was over.

remember how she was smacked down and told to STFU when she insisted on giving her own vice presidential concession speech? :laughing:

J Dogg
07-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Remember the Jimmy vs Timmy fight from South Park?

Yeah....this thread is kind of like that.

tony hipchest
07-04-2009, 03:24 PM
:noidea: not big on south park. sorry.

Shoes
07-04-2009, 03:26 PM
and im saying.... no, actually palins OWN people are saying, she was not fit to even be interviewed by said anchor.

dont blame me or the media or democrats.

blame paling and the factions of her camp and the RNC who (not only selected her but) started to turn on her well before the election was over.

remember how she was smacked down and told to STFU when she insisted on giving her own vice presidential concession speech? :laughing:

You know Tony, I didn't vote for President Obama but I do wish him well. Many people in the Democratic Party speak for tolerance and peace but demonstrate very little of it. In fact they have a raging war going on in their own hearts.

J Dogg
07-04-2009, 03:30 PM
:noidea: not big on south park. sorry.

Jimmy vs Timmy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWk6RgQbPVc)

tony hipchest
07-04-2009, 03:52 PM
You know Tony, I didn't vote for President Obama but I do wish him well. Many people in the Democratic Party speak for tolerance and peace but demonstrate very little of it. In fact they have a raging war going on in their own hearts.oh c'mon :doh:

thats just rhetoric uses as an excuse to pigeonhole and lump most democrats into a box. for example...

Many people in the Republican Party speak for the Chrisian Doctrine and fidelity but demonstrate very little of it. In fact they have a raging war going on int their own pants.

most of ALL people have a raging war going on in their own hearts, and the rest simply do not care.

jasonhightower
07-04-2009, 03:54 PM
As an independent voter I feel Sarah actually is to blame partially for the failure of the last election and the path her political career has taken so far... She didn't have to say "yes" to the opportunity to run with McCain.

Any forethought and she should of realized she wasn't prepared for this type of jump and was going to end up way over her head. I think those that believe she is the next great thing are really, really over-rating her.

I've liked McCain for years but was really impressed by Obama, like it or not. What really irks me is when lefties or righties want the "other team" to fail, because that means we all suffer and it destroys any reasonable chance for positive dialogue.

Shoes
07-04-2009, 04:22 PM
oh c'mon :doh:

thats just rhetoric uses as an excuse to pigeonhole and lump most democrats into a box. for example...

Many people in the Republican Party speak for the Chrisian Doctrine and fidelity but demonstrate very little of it. In fact they have a raging war going on int their own pants.

most of ALL people have a raging war going on in their own hearts, and the rest simply do not care.

That's not rhetoric from me, but what I've witnessed.... I've also seen the hypocrisy of the rep party and make no excuse for them. BUT I'm willing to give President Obama a fair chance and you gave Gov. Palin nothing...... there is no war in my heart and I do care.

hindes204
07-04-2009, 04:41 PM
As an independent voter I feel Sarah actually is to blame partially for the failure of the last election and the path her political career has taken so far... She didn't have to say "yes" to the opportunity to run with McCain.

Any forethought and she should of realized she wasn't prepared for this type of jump and was going to end up way over her head. I think those that believe she is the next great thing are really, really over-rating her.

I've liked McCain for years but was really impressed by Obama, like it or not. What really irks me is when lefties or righties want the "other team" to fail, because that means we all suffer and it destroys any reasonable chance for positive dialogue.

I honestly feel that if this administration succeeds in implementing the policies it has been trying to impose on us (ridiculous spending, cap and trade, nationalized healthcare, just to name a few) than we all suffer. Why would I want the administration to succeed in passing things that I fundalmentaly oppose

tony hipchest
07-04-2009, 05:44 PM
I honestly feel that if this administration succeeds in implementing the policies it has been trying to impose on us (ridiculous spending, cap and trade, nationalized healthcare, just to name a few) than we all suffer. Why would I want the administration to succeed in passing things that I fundalmentaly oppose
dont worry. princess palin will make it all better. all govt will be absolved except for the agency responsible for distributing all GDP to the people of alaska.

woohoo!

hindes204
07-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Where is this princess palin thing coming from, unlike your savior Obama, the press despises her

MasterOfPuppets
07-04-2009, 06:00 PM
oh c'mon :doh:

:rofl:

43Hitman
07-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Actually, yes. The only way Obama loses in 2012 is if he's an epic fail. I don't want that to happen because a failed presidency is bad for America. And it would hurt in the long run by reviving the neocon/Bush version of the GOP. What we need is either a Republican Party that actually supports small government, or even better a new conservative party that does so without all the GOP's historical baggage.

I for one think he will lose in 2012, I just hope to much damage isn't done to our country before then. I agree with the rest of what your saying though.

Dino 6 Rings
07-05-2009, 11:29 AM
All but two of the 15 complaints have been dismissed with no findings of wrongdoing, although one complaint led to Palin's agreement to reimburse the state about $8,100 for costs associated with trips taken with her children. The state says it has spent nearly $300,000 to investigate the complaints, and Palin says she has racked up more than $500,000 in legal fees fighting them.

Seems like a lot of money spent on "gotcha" kind of stuff.

Fire Haley
07-05-2009, 11:51 AM
See, the thing is, Lefties just aren't happy unless they're hating America and American government.

Since Omama Fuehrer is in charge, they have to displace all that rage somehwere, since blaming him for anything is verboten.

SteelCurtain7
07-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Where is this princess palin thing coming from, unlike your savior Obama, the press despises her

Word. At least unlike the Obamessiah, she has practical government experience. She's not a glorified community organizer like the Teleprompter-in-chief. :tt03:

MACH1
07-05-2009, 03:40 PM

She would of had it easy if she was given the free pass that obaama and biden were given.

MACH1
07-05-2009, 03:42 PM
I for one think he will lose in 2012, I just hope to much damage isn't done to our country before then. I agree with the rest of what your saying though.

He knows he's going to lose. That's why he's trying to push so much horse shit through now.

HometownGal
07-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Word. At least unlike the Obamessiah, she has practical government experience. She's not a glorified community organizer like the Teleprompter-in-chief. :tt03:

:laughing::rofl::laughing::thumbsup:

She would of had it easy if she was given the free pass that obaama and biden were given.

That's it in a nutshell. The leftist media witch hunted her (and her family) from the day her candidacy for VP was announced by McCain. The Nobody-In-Chief and his drunkard sidekick could have been ax murderers and would still have been exalted by the media. :shake02:

tony hipchest
07-05-2009, 04:34 PM
It's amazing the disparity on coverage on this...if you change it to msnbc they are bashing her (big surprise) and the reporter actually said "I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop" insinuating there is a scandal coming...why the hell does that station still exist.................oh yea, Tony needs a station to watch, lolno need to get all sensitive.

its not like the paparazzi killed her in some tunnel in france, so no need to force yourself to watch the evil MSNBC.

ive been following on FOXNEWS and even the holy "never been wrong" network and all their GOP analysts can figure out WTF she said at her "i quit" presser, or what the hell she is even doing. (all except her biggest cheerleader bill kristol who is still convinced she is a genius).

this is not suprising, being that most of her family, friends and co-workers despise her.

why should the media be any different? if youre honest with yourself, you will see the media has been rather kind. it is the people who know her the best that have said the most damning and vile things about her.

wait a minute... you subscribe to her facebook and twitter page dont you?!?!?!?

this is classic! the GOP's "great Snow White hope" is going ochocinco on us. :toofunny:

twittweets.com??? what is she, like in high school? no wonder she freaking quit. now she has more time to twit. hilarious.

tony hipchest
07-05-2009, 04:44 PM
:laughing::rofl::laughing::thumbsup:

That's it in a nutshell. The leftist media witch hunted her (and her family) from the day her candidacy for VP was announced by McCain. The Nobody-In-Chief and his drunkard sidekick could have been ax murderers and would still have been exalted by the media. :shake02:

"bu..bu...bu...but biden"? :chuckle:

im sorry, but i thought this thread was about palins epic fail in gaining real executive experience (although governing a half term alaska cant really be considered "real" can it?) more like governing with training wheels?

do they even have a media outlet stationed in their capitol?

seems like she simply couldnt cope with "real" and actual scrutiny. :shake01:

fansince'76
07-05-2009, 04:53 PM
im sorry, but i thought this thread was about palins epic fail in gaining real executive experience (although governing a half term alaska cant really be considered "real" can it?) more like governing with training wheels?

Yep, certainly can't compete with having really nothing more than "community organizer" on one's résumé, that's for sure. Vote early and often, folks! :peace:

hindes204
07-05-2009, 04:53 PM
no need to get all sensitive.

its not like the paparazzi killed her in some tunnel in france, so no need to force yourself to watch the evil MSNBC.

ive been following on FOXNEWS and even the holy "never been wrong" network and all their GOP analysts can figure out WTF she said at her "i quit" presser, or what the hell she is even doing. (all except her biggest cheerleader bill kristol who is still convinced she is a genius).
this is not suprising, being that most of her family, friends and co-workers despise her.

why should the media be any different? if youre honest with yourself, you will see the media has been rather kind. it is the people who know her the best that have said the most damning and vile things about her.

wait a minute... you subscribe to her facebook and twitter page dont you?!?!?!?

this is classic! the GOP's "great Snow White hope" is going ochocinco on us. :toofunny:

twittweets.com??? what is she, like in high school? no wonder she freaking quit. now she has more time to twit. hilarious.

I agree with you the the GOP analysts cannot figure out exactly what she is doing, I'm not sure anybody knows but her...but the difference is that the MSNBC hacks are all rooting for a scandal to drop soon. And you say the press has been rather kind....really?!?!?!? Time to be honest with yourself, the media has tried to destroy her from day 1....unlike Obama who has gotten the most favorable news coverage I've ever seen

tony hipchest
07-05-2009, 05:08 PM
poor Princess Diasarah :chuckle:

Yep, certainly can't compete with having really nothing more than "community organizer" on one's résumé, that's for sure. Vote early and often, folks!

bu..bu...but obama? :hunch:

43Hitman
07-05-2009, 05:18 PM
You know, sometimes you can really act like a big pile of steaming :poop: Tony.

tony hipchest
07-05-2009, 05:51 PM
You know, sometimes you can really act like a big pile of steaming :poop: Tony.you must be a charter member of the Princess Diasarah fanclub.

embrace and love the quitter then.

let the slobberfest ensue.

im pretty certain youve made your share of douchbag posts yourself, so dont be acting like a knight in shining armor.

if you all can handle obama being called the messiah, you need to cut the sensetivities in this thread.

its not my fault even john mccain hates palin. :noidea:

Shoes
07-05-2009, 06:07 PM
you must be a charter member of the Princess Diasarah fanclub.

embrace and love the quitter then.

let the slobberfest ensue.

im pretty certain youve made your share of douchbag posts yourself, so dont be acting like a knight in shining armor.

if you all can handle obama being called the messiah, you need to cut the sensetivities in this thread.

its not my fault even john mccain hates palin. :noidea:

John McCain hates himself.....:chuckle::chuckle:

tony hipchest
07-05-2009, 06:16 PM
John McCain hates himself.....:chuckle::chuckle:

:laughing: lol... that may be true.

SteelTalons
07-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Who called Obama the messiah/savior. Oh ya! Glenn Beck and the other Republican chickenheads...

And as far as Palin support goes... What? Your serious?! The best comparison I have to Sarah Palin as a whole is a couple weeks back when McCain's daughter went on Bill Maher's show. Everyone was listing out facts, and dates, and plans. And the only thing she had to say was...

I think we need to look forward and cut taxes, its been problems on both sides! And yet people vote for these people because lord knows what would happen if we could afford health care or other projects for the benifit of the nation as a whole. Who is actually coming up with ideas and plans instead of making hollow statements?

I don't expect and picture perfect job, just one that actually makes some sense!

Oh we don't want the government to do anything... We are supposed to run the government! Do you trust some fatcat exec or someone you can toss out? God forbid we have a liberal in office, and Obama isn't liberal by most standards he just isn't completely stupid.

But people are afraid of that... Not because he can't fix things or has good ideas. Its because most of the time. He's not the Christian you expect in your elected officials.

Which as an Atheist is a whole other can of worms that I don't feel like opening.

fansince'76
07-05-2009, 06:36 PM
I just have to say that I find it instructive, humorous, and pathetic (all at the same time) that the Lefties still apparently consider Palin to be so much of a threat that they continue to pile on even though she's throwing in the towel. Not the least bit surprised though.

hindes204
07-05-2009, 06:40 PM
I just have to say that I find it instructive, humorous, and pathetic (all at the same time) that the Lefties still apparently consider Palin to be so much of a threat that they continue to pile on even though she's throwing in the towel. Not the least bit surprised though.

im not at all surprised either

fansince'76
07-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Oh we don't want the government to do anything... We are supposed to run the government! Do you trust some fatcat exec or someone you can toss out?

So you prefer a government that thinks you're too stupid to make your own decisions and feels it needs to control every aspect of your life (you're gonna take public health insurance whether you want it or not or we'll fine you)? Sorry, I don't.

MACH1
07-05-2009, 06:58 PM
So you prefer a government that thinks you're too stupid to make your own decisions and feels it needs to control every aspect of your life (you're gonna take public health insurance whether you want it or not or we'll fine you)? Sorry, I don't.

And the people that need the handout most, ya think they can pay the fines? :doh: Just another cost to pass(spread) around.

tony hipchest
07-05-2009, 07:00 PM
and i find it instructive, humorous, and pathetic (all at the same time) that the righties still apparently consider Palin to be their best candidate for a '12 presidential run.

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

not the least bit suprised though. :coffee: (all the other candidates are exposing themselves as adulterous cheats and palin is striking like an opportunistic cougar).

some say she is using her supposed "media abuse" *snicker* to put herself fron and center to advance her "political career" *another snicker*

others say she will focus on her book deal.

others suggest she will take on a national talk show gig.

any way you slice it, it is appearant that there isnt enough money to be made in wassilla.

and just like a year ago, i will continue to LMAO at all those who bash obama, who hypocritically catch the sensitive sniffles anytime the big ol bad media doesnt paint a rosy picture of sister sarah.

:chuckle:

still not sure what this repetitive deflection has to do with the topic of this thread. :noidea:

maybe we all prefer a govt where the elected official QUITS.

fansince'76
07-05-2009, 07:04 PM
and just like a year ago, i will continue to LMAO at all those who bash obama, who hypocritically catch the sensitive sniffles anytime the big ol bad media doesnt paint a rosy picture of sister sarah.

Only one thing, it ain't media bashing him. According to them, he walks on water, or haven't you heard? There's a big difference between plain folk on a message board and the media.

J Dogg
07-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Barak Obama is one of the most liberal Presidents this country has ever known.

And as far as government provided health care goes......

............I have had the "privilege" of having government provided health care for over 7 years now. It's not something I would wish on the Taliban. Plus the idea of being fined if I don't have health care frightens the crap out of me. Just because you're too stupid or too lazy to afford good health care doesn't mean that I should be stuck with the bill for you.

Modern day American liberals don't have good ideas. In that way, they're no better than the conservatives. But they really separate themselves when they want to force their twisted version of Utopia on me. I don't want affordable health care. I think health care is fine how it is. I don't want cap and trade. I don't want to pay $3000 extra dollars a year in energy costs so that lear jet liberals can feel better about their contribution to the planet while third world nations keep building coal fired power plants.

Liberals have ruined youth sports, they've ruined education, and now they're hell bent on running every decent company in this country to Switzerland. I'm willing to bet the Swiss LOVE the American Democratic Party. Not only will our best companies leave, but our best minds will follow because they DAMN SURE don't follow President Obama's Twitter.

tony hipchest
07-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Barak Obama is one of the most liberal Presidents this country has ever known.

And as far as government provided health care goes......

............I have had the "privilege" of having government provided health care for over 7 years now. It's not something I would wish on the Taliban. Plus the idea of being fined if I don't have health care frightens the crap out of me. Just because you're too stupid or too lazy to afford good health care doesn't mean that I should be stuck with the bill for you.

Modern day American liberals don't have good ideas. In that way, they're no better than the conservatives. But they really separate themselves when they want to force their twisted version of Utopia on me. I don't want affordable health care. I think health care is fine how it is. I don't want cap and trade. I don't want to pay $3000 extra dollars a year in energy costs so that lear jet liberals can feel better about their contribution to the planet while third world nations keep building coal fired power plants.

Liberals have ruined youth sports, they've ruined education, and now they're hell bent on running every decent company in this country to Switzerland. I'm willing to bet the Swiss LOVE the American Democratic Party. Not only will our best companies leave, but our best minds will follow because they DAMN SURE don't follow President Obama's Twitter.

thats a nice testimonial and all but what does it have to do with sarah palin quitting her job?

:hunch:

tony hipchest
07-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Only one thing, it ain't media bashing him. According to them, he walks on water, or haven't you heard? There's a big difference between plain folk on a message board and the media.

yeah, theres also a big difference between discussing the topic at hand and continual deflection, but it is obvious in this thread that nobody really wants to discuss the Virgin Sarah being a quitter. i wonder why.

whats good for the goose, is good for the gander, right?

i cant wait for the message board and blogger tears to flow if palin has the balls to accept a '12 bid. (this thread already has me pulling out my raincoat and galoshers.)

J Dogg
07-05-2009, 07:37 PM
thats a nice testimonial and all but what does it have to do with sarah palin quitting her job?

:hunch:

What do most of the posts in this thread have to do with that? Sarah Palin is a nut job deluxe. She was the redneck lightning rod in 2008.

But that doesn't mean that intellectual lightweights like Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann can go on a so called cable news network and root for some kind of scandal to drop. It doesn't give that creepy old man David Letterman the right to make jokes about her kids.

I can't wait for the first time Al Franken drops some acid or lights up a joint in the Senate. Will that get the same coverage Palin and Sanford are getting.

fansince'76
07-05-2009, 07:42 PM
yeah, theres also a big difference between discussing the topic at hand and continual deflection, but it is obvious in this thread that nobody really wants to discuss the Virgin Sarah being a quitter.

Try page 1, post #7.

But you're correct, if you want to play ball with the big boys, you gotta have thicker skin than what she's exhibiting with this move.

tony hipchest
07-05-2009, 07:50 PM

But that doesn't mean that intellectual lightweights like Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann can go on a so called cable news network and root for some kind of scandal to drop. It doesn't give that creepy old man David Letterman the right to make jokes about her kids.
g. rush limbaugh is living off a 9 figure contract. are you suggesting all others be stripped of their rights to capitalize in a capitalist nation?

they already tried this with larry flint.

sarah cant have it both ways. she either needs to pull up the big boy pants or scurry away off into her hole.

she will do neither, since she already has a following of enabling sympathizers.

J Dogg
07-05-2009, 07:52 PM
rush limbaugh is living off a 9 figure contract. are you suggesting all others be stripped of their rights to capitalize in a capitalist nation?

they already tried this with larry flint.

sarah cant have it both ways. she either needs to pull up the big boy pants or scurry away off into her hole.

she will do neither, since she already has a following of enabling sympathizers.

Limbaugh has survived because the man gets ratings. Maddow and Olbermann have two of the lowest rated shows in all of cable television.

tony hipchest
07-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Try page 1, post #7.i wasnt calling you out personally. i recognize that you were one of the few anti-obamaiites to see the reality of the GOP chosen one's latest...

i dont even know what to call it, blunder, embarrassment, train wreck... :noidea:

tony hipchest
07-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Limbaugh has survived because the man gets ratings. Maddow and Olbermann have two of the lowest rated shows in all of cable television.maybe you should fire them and find a more profitable replacement. :noidea:

regardless, this thread isnt about ratings and has nothing to do with you suggesting their capitalistic rights should be stripped from them. even FOX has no idea why palin is such a nutjob. im sure rush will have an answer and call her brilliant, though. :chuckle:

J Dogg
07-05-2009, 08:05 PM
maybe you should fire them and find a more profitable replacement. :noidea:

Are you serious? Is that an actual response?

Wait, it's really what I've come to expect from the liberals over the last six months. People who I used to be able to have good conversations with have suddenly stopped acting reasonable.

Rush Limbaugh exists because people want to listen to him. Various sources have ranked him as the most powerful man in talk radio. He survived a drug scandal and can still command 9 figures because people want to listen to him. It's simple economics. If Maddow or Olbermann were fired today, they'd be hard pressed to get another job because nobody wants to listen to them.

It's a sad day for American journalism when the most honest man in the profession is a comedian who has a show on Comedy Central.

BTW: Nice edit.

MACH1
07-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Olbermann can go back to SportsCenter. He werent to bad there.

J Dogg
07-05-2009, 08:11 PM

What? He SUCKED there. Second worst anchor next to Craig Kilborn. And just to help out those who forgot how epically he sucked as a sports anchor, he tortures football fans every fall Sunday evening on that abomination NBC is trying to pass off as a football highlights show.

Shoes
07-05-2009, 08:21 PM

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

MACH1
07-05-2009, 08:30 PM
What? He SUCKED there. Second worst anchor next to Craig Kilborn. And just to help out those who forgot how epically he sucked as a sports anchor, he tortures football fans every fall Sunday evening on that abomination NBC is trying to pass off as a football highlights show.

Wheres that sarcasm smiley when ya need it. :laughing:

J Dogg
07-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Wheres that sarcasm smiley when ya need it. :laughing:

Oh thank goodness you were kidding.

Stewart Scott, Kraig Kilborn, and Keith Olbermann are the gold standard of annoying at ESPN.

But the platinum standard is Chris Berman, but they only drag his fat drug abusing carcass out during football season.

MACH1
07-05-2009, 08:41 PM
The WWE guy "coach" is better than olbermann, and he sucks.

J Dogg
07-05-2009, 08:45 PM

Not as bad as Freddie Coleman.

tony hipchest
07-05-2009, 08:50 PM
What? He SUCKED there. Second worst anchor next to Craig Kilborn. And just to help out those who forgot how epically he sucked as a sports anchor, he tortures football fans every fall Sunday evening on that abomination NBC is trying to pass off as a football highlights show.you must be a bill pidto fan. still dont know what any of this has to do with palin. :noidea:

dan patrick and olberman put sportscenter on the map. since youre an expert on ratings, are you gonna deny the viewers and cashflow they brought in?

im gonna go out on a limb and say there isnt a person who has ever appeared on an ESPN show that you havent hated.

thats fine. but it begs the question... unless you are sporting a serious woody for palin, what is the point in constantly deflecting the topic of this thread?

MACH1
07-05-2009, 09:19 PM

Still lookin for that sarcasm smile. http://dygytalworld.ehost-services139.com/forums/images/smilies/cartman.gif

Godfather
07-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Plus the idea of being fined if I don't have health care frightens the crap out of me. Just because you're too stupid or too lazy to afford good health care doesn't mean that I should be stuck with the bill for you.

Um, that doesn't make any sense. If only the lazy and stupid don't have health care, then you shouldn't have to worry about the fine unless you're lazy and/or stupid. (I think the mandate is a terrible idea, just pointing out that you're contradicting yourself.)

Plus, you're making a HUGE mistake in assuming insurance and access are the same thing. There are cases where the uninsured have access, and there are cases where people with insurance pay for years and then are denied care when they get sick.

J Dogg
07-05-2009, 09:28 PM
you must be a bill pidto fan. still dont know what any of this has to do with palin. :noidea:

dan patrick and olberman put sportscenter on the map. since youre an expert on ratings, are you gonna deny the viewers and cashflow they brought in?

im gonna go out on a limb and say there isnt a person who has ever appeared on an ESPN show that you havent hated.

thats fine. but it begs the question... unless you are sporting a serious woody for palin, what is the point in constantly deflecting the topic of this thread?

First off, there is a long list of fantastic personalties on ESPN. John Kruk, Dale Jarrett, Kenny Mayne, Orestes Destrade, Mike and Mike, Tom Jackson, Mike Ditka, Teddy Atlas, Jay Bilas, Orel Hershiser, Digger Phelps, etc.

Secondly, Palin is a nut. Her downfall is being covered by nuts. They're all clowns in the same sad circus. Turn the page and move on.

tony hipchest
07-05-2009, 09:30 PM
there aint no shame in admitting it (unless one is a fanboy caught up in all the political cable tv new broadcast wars).

dont let the ribs rib you.

patrick and olberman breathede life into the medium.

infact a podunk 'sportscaster" from idaho/wassilla can probably thank her livelyhood to them.

J Dogg
07-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Um, that doesn't make any sense. If only the lazy and stupid don't have health care, then you shouldn't have to worry about the fine unless you're lazy and/or stupid. (I think the mandate is a terrible idea, just pointing out that you're contradicting yourself.)

Plus, you're making a HUGE mistake in assuming insurance and access are the same thing. There are cases where the uninsured have access, and there are cases where people with insurance pay for years and then are denied care when they get sick.

None of which can, or will, be solved by government providing health insurance.

Give the government more oversight. Give them a bigger stick to smack companies around with. But for the sake of common sense, keep the government out of the business of PROVIDING health care to more people.

MACH1
07-05-2009, 09:43 PM
there aint no shame in admitting it (unless one is a fanboy caught up in all the political cable tv new broadcast wars).

dont let the ribs rib you.

patrick and olberman breathede life into the medium.

infact a podunk 'sportscaster" from idaho/wassilla can probably thank her livelyhood to them.

Even a hayseed from NM might have a chance.

Live from New Mexico "Name that Cheese" :chuckle:

Godfather
07-05-2009, 09:48 PM
None of which can, or will, be solved by government providing health insurance.

Give the government more oversight. Give them a bigger stick to smack companies around with. But for the sake of common sense, keep the government out of the business of PROVIDING health care to more people.

Oh, I agree. We need to expand health savings accounts and allow nonprofit mutual societies to form (such as through churches or civic organizations like Kiwanis and Rotary).

revefsreleets
07-06-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm no fan of Sarah Palin. Need to establish that first. I think she's a weak candidate for the GOP, and not what's needed to fix the messes that Obama is sewing right now. I think the real GOP candidate will emerge after the mid-terms...TBA...

As for the "strategy" here, my only guess is that she can say, retrospectively, that she didn't try to wear two hats, that sitting governors who also campaign for higher office are short changing their constituents. This is effective against Obama, he of the ubiquitous "present" vote, and will work against pretty much any other GOP candidate who currently holds an office while simultaneously running for Pres in 2012.

Otherwise, this makes no sense...

Fire Haley
07-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Well, I think she blew her chance on the national stage too. She can be a gadfly on the perimeter, but, maybe it's better she just faded away and turn the focus on beating the bozo in office in 2012.

Cape Cod Steel Head
07-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Claus!

revefsreleets
07-06-2009, 11:07 AM
You do realize, don't you, that by the end of this mess, even Sarah Palin could probably beat an incumbent Obama by double digits...his popularity is dropping like a rock, and there's no reason to think that anything he's currently in the process of ruining will stem that tide...

MACH1
07-06-2009, 11:48 AM
You do realize, don't you, that by the end of this mess, even Sarah Palin could probably beat an incumbent Obama by double digits...his popularity is dropping like a rock, and there's no reason to think that anything he's currently in the process of ruining will stem that tide...

Especially after it starts hitting everybody's pocket book.

Dino 6 Rings
07-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Well, I think she blew her chance on the national stage too. She can be a gadfly on the perimeter, but, maybe it's better she just faded away and turn the focus on beating the bozo in office in 2012.

Actually, what she can do now is travel around the US raising money for every Republican running against a Democrat in the 2010 mid term elections and not have to worry about using tax payer funds for her travel. She can pretty much target every seat the GOP is going after in 2010, show up, draw crowds, raise tons of cash and stay in the spot light raising money for Every Single other Republican all the while being free from having to run the day to day operations of Alaskan State Politics.

KeiselPower99
07-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Im hoping for a Huckabee/Palin ticket in 2012.

KeiselPower99
07-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Actually, what she can do now is travel around the US raising money for every Republican running against a Democrat in the 2010 mid term elections and not have to worry about using tax payer funds for her travel. She can pretty much target every seat the GOP is going after in 2010, show up, draw crowds, raise tons of cash and stay in the spot light raising money for Every Single other Republican all the while being free from having to run the day to day operations of Alaskan State Politics.

Thats actually a damn good point right there.

revefsreleets
07-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Im hoping for a Huckabee/Palin ticket in 2012.

Not very balanced. Don't they BOTH believe that Jesus rode a Dinosaur?

The Patriot
07-06-2009, 12:55 PM

So she's becoming a community organizer?

The Patriot
07-06-2009, 12:56 PM

Mit Romney believes that the lost city of Zion is Kansas City.

The_WARDen
07-06-2009, 12:57 PM
THIS IS ALARMING!!!! Who will keep Russia from invading Alaska now???

Damn you Sarah! Why?????

:crying01:

The_WARDen
07-06-2009, 12:58 PM

He didn't? Well, how else did he get around?

:noidea:

Dino 6 Rings
07-06-2009, 01:07 PM
So she's becoming a community organizer?

Hey, it worked for Barry.

Actually I think this will take her Family out of the spot light. Once she's no longer in office and she's a regular citizen again, her family is once again off limits until she actually announces she's running for something. So she'll be free to go where she wants when she wants and make any appearance at any time on any show, and rally or any cause, and she can do it all without having to worry about being seen as "running while in office".

Maybe it is really a "family" issue and she is just burnt out with all the criticism, but something tells me, its not that.

revefsreleets
07-06-2009, 01:13 PM
He didn't? Well, how else did he get around?

:noidea:Well, according to Mitt, he got around on horseback, and was a Cowboy. The Mormons believe that Jesus came to America for awhile, if I'm not mistaken, in a wooden submarine (Totally not joking here). They also believe that only white people go to heaven (although they had to change that in the late 70's for obvious reasons).

That Mormonism is a cooky crazy Religion, I tell ya!

Fire Haley
07-06-2009, 01:22 PM
She till quit on her oath as governor and bailed on Alaska's citizens who elected her.
That don't sit well with me.

I think she should open up her own talk show like Oprah....let's call it "Sarah!"

She's in it for the money now, no doubt.

Dino 6 Rings
07-06-2009, 01:28 PM
She till quit on her oath as governor and bailed on Alaska's citizens who elected her.
That don't sit well with me.

I think she should open up her own talk show like Oprah....let's call it "Sarah!"

She's in it for the money now, no doubt.

I think it'll play out like this, if you liked her before, you'll still like her, if you hated her before, you still hate her, but if you're in the middle, you'll wait and see how she moves on to the "higher calling" that she has elluded to.

Romney's only hope is that the economy stays in the tank til 2011. As much as I am not a fan of Barry O, I really hope the economy gets better sooner than that.

The_WARDen
07-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Well, according to Mitt, he got around on horseback, and was a Cowboy. The Mormons believe that Jesus came to America for awhile, if I'm not mistaken, in a wooden submarine (Totally not joking here). They also believe that only white people go to heaven (although they had to change that in the late 70's for obvious reasons).

wonder how Tonto felt about the whole "only white people get into heaven" part?

Dino 6 Rings
07-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Romney would have won the primaries if he was a "normal" Christian. I know for a fact people down here in Baptist Country view Mormonism as Satanic. Not, "like satanism" but flat out Satanic.

Organized Religion is Crazy.

Fire Haley
07-06-2009, 01:48 PM
I believe Obamarama will have this country so screwed up by 2012 his own party will be calling for his head.

I knew I should have voted for Hillary.

Godfather
07-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Romney would have won the primaries if he was a "normal" Christian.

Disagree--Huckabee still would have taken a lot of those votes.

Dino 6 Rings
07-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Disagree--Huckabee still would have taken a lot of those votes.

Maybe now, but a year and 1/2 ago Huck wasn't as "big" as he is now. He was a little known Gov from Arkansas, and even though he appeared to be conservative, his stance on Immigration from his time in Arkansas (open border kind of guy) was really going to be his undoing in the primaries. Romney, if he was a Baptist, would have ran over Huck and McCain with his fiscal knowledge.

But he was a Mormon and he got shredded for it.

Dino 6 Rings
07-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Plus, when the Primaries were just ending, and McCain was the clear winner, that debacle in Texas with the Mormon ranch and "child endangerment" charges was forefront in the news. That would have crushed Romney the Mormon going into the late summer months.

SteelCurtain
07-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Well, according to Mitt, he got around on horseback, and was a Cowboy. The Mormons believe that Jesus came to America for awhile, if I'm not mistaken, in a wooden submarine (Totally not joking here). They also believe that only white people go to heaven (although they had to change that in the late 70's for obvious reasons).

But Good ole Christians, believe that Jesus rose from the dead and walked on water. Noah also made a boat big enough for two of every species of animals on the earth so they could survive the great flood. Wow I can't believe the animals didn't die out due to imbreading.... Oh and Moses parted the Red Sea. I guess only Ten of those 613 commandments that Moses received from God were only good enough for the 2000 year old book you all cherish so much. Those aren't cooky beliefs at all:wink02::rofl:

Not a Mormon or religious at all actually, but c'mon man. How can you be so hipocritical and say that about Mormons?

revefsreleets
07-06-2009, 03:54 PM
But Good ole Christians, believe that Jesus rose from the dead and walked on water. Noah also made a boat big enough for two of every species of animals on the earth so they could survive the great flood. Wow I can't believe the animals didn't die out due to imbreading.... Oh and Moses parted the Red Sea. I guess only Ten of those 613 commandments that Moses received from God were only good enough for the 2000 year old book you all cherish so much. Those aren't cooky beliefs at all:wink02::rofl:

Not a Mormon or religious at all actually, but c'mon man. How can you be so hipocritical and say that about Mormons?

Barking up the wrong tree...I've been quick to point out the ridiculousness of Christianity as well...I don't espouse any Religion, so no hypocrisy here.

Godfather
07-06-2009, 03:57 PM

Inbreeding is how we got thoroughbred horses and purebred dogs. That seems to work OK.

Believing a supreme being can perform miracles isn't kooky...although given what mainstream Christianity believes, Jesus visiting the Indians isn't that outlandish.

Slight correction to rev's post--Nephi led his brothers to the New World on a boat just before the fall of Jerusalem. The risen Christ appeared to his descendants. The race aspect was that the Hebrews in the New World split into two ethnicities, Nephites (light skinned, believers) and Lamanites (dark skinned, pagans) but over time the lines and the meaning of the terms became blurred as people in each ethnic group converted. One of the greatest Nephite prophets was a Lamanite by ethnicity.

Not Mormon, just know a little about them.

Godfather
07-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Maybe now, but a year and 1/2 ago Huck wasn't as "big" as he is now. He was a little known Gov from Arkansas, and even though he appeared to be conservative, his stance on Immigration from his time in Arkansas (open border kind of guy) was really going to be his undoing in the primaries. Romney, if he was a Baptist, would have ran over Huck and McCain with his fiscal knowledge.

But he was a Mormon and he got shredded for it.

Hmm....as a Baptist he might have done better. As a mainline Protestant I think he gets the same results. In other words, even if the fundies don't like Mormons they were still voting FOR Huck more than they were against Mitt.

SteelCurtain
07-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Barking up the wrong tree...I've been quick to point out the ridiculousness of Christianity as well...I don't espouse any Religion, so no hypocrisy here.

Well then I apologize. I misinterpreted what you meant. I just get tired of the hypocrisy in organized religions, especially Christianity due to its prevalence in our country.

SteelCurtain
07-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Inbreeding is how we got thoroughbred horses and purebred dogs. That seems to work OK.

Believing a supreme being can perform miracles isn't kooky...although given what mainstream Christianity believes, Jesus visiting the Indians isn't that outlandish.

I believe how we get thoroughbreds and purebreds is through selective breeding, not inbreeding. A farmer that lives down the road from me has goats that inbreed regularly. After about 4 generations of inbreeding the newborn goats die within a week of being born.

You're right believing a supreme being can perform miracles isn't kooky, but when you call another’s religious beliefs about a supreme being kooky, then that is hypocrisy.

revefsreleets
07-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Well then I apologize. I misinterpreted what you meant. I just get tired of the hypocrisy in organized religions, especially Christianity due to its prevalence in our country.

I can take a Christian being President (although most just pretend, like Clinton, Reagan, Bush I and Obama)...I just don't like too much Religiosity mixed into my politics, and REALLY don't want this country run on stuff "God told me" and the like...

Godfather
07-06-2009, 04:55 PM
You're right believing a supreme being can perform miracles isn't kooky, but when you call another’s religious beliefs about a supreme being kooky, then that is hypocrisy.

I agree with that.

Visiting the New World is quite ordinary compared to the miracles in the New Testament.

jasonhightower
07-06-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm convinced we need more "middle" american's... this extremism on either side is utterly unproductive.

tony hipchest
07-06-2009, 11:53 PM
"middle america" is no longer profitable....

or even able to be sold.

tony hipchest
07-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Even a hayseed from NM might have a chance.

Live from New Mexico "Name that Cheese" :chuckle:HA!

fat chance. most of the yokels in the continental 47 dont even know NM is a province, let alone a state.

someone from here is lucky to get interviewed on the barnyard channel.

Preacher
07-07-2009, 02:23 AM

Actually, I am a Christian and can completely say that about Mormons, and Jehovah's witnesses based upon a number of things. . . but that is a topic for another thread. If you are interested in a POLITE and IN DEPTH discussion on it, start the thread and I will gladly join in.

Don't know if you have been around for em, but you can ask Rev, it will be a very enlightening thread, if those who are a part of it can be polite.

Fire Haley
07-07-2009, 08:39 AM
She admits it - she's toast....

Palin: Politically speaking, 'If I die, I die.'

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Sarah Palin says she's not a quitter, she's a fighter, but adds that, politically speaking, "if I die, I die. So be it."

The Alaska governor spoke in taped interviews on ABC, NBC and CNN on Tuesday morning.

She tells CNN that "all options are on the table" for her future.

But she tells ABC's "Good Morning America" that she recognizes she might not have political staying power, saying "politically speaking, if I die, I die."

Speaking in fishing waders from the town of Dillingham, she says her resignation on Friday was a matter of progressing in an unconventional way because that's how Alaskans are.

Palin says she doesn't think she needs a title to affect "positive change," but also says she can't see herself being totally out of public service.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5illexPZsCzzxjlIGyNHi67btTcjwD999JBBG0

revefsreleets
07-07-2009, 08:44 AM
I do believe that there were originally only supposed to be 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses...well, membership roles surpassed that, Jehovah didn't snap all the "true believers" up as scheduled, so they just cooked the books and upped the ceiling. Now there are about 6 million of them running around...

I believe they have predicted the end of the World more than once.1874, 1918, 1925, 1975. Believe it or not, I think Michael Jackson was a JW at one point...

Godfather
07-07-2009, 09:59 AM
I can take a Christian being President (although most just pretend, like Clinton, Reagan, Bush I and Obama)...I just don't like too much Religiosity mixed into my politics, and REALLY don't want this country run on stuff "God told me" and the like...

Even W would fall into the pretending category. He claimed to have a devotion to the Bible but he consistently got Biblical quotes wrong.

I wouldn't call Reagan a pretender. He was pretty much secular, but after the assassination attempt he became more religious because he felt God spared him for a purpose.

Dino 6 Rings
07-07-2009, 10:14 AM
I think its odd how religion becomes a key issue when the candidate has a R next to their name.

Fire Haley
07-07-2009, 10:22 AM
even Sarah Palin could probably beat an incumbent Obama by double digits...his popularity is dropping like a rock, and there's no reason to think that anything he's currently in the process of ruining will stem that tide...

The same suckers that voted him in?

dropping like a rock

Obama's Approval Rating in Ohio Down to 49 Percent; 44 Percent Disapprove

"President Barack Obama gets a lackluster 49 – 44 percent approval rating in Ohio, considered by many to be the most important swing state in a presidential election, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today. This is President Obama’s lowest approval rating in any national or statewide Quinnipiac University poll since he was inaugurated and is down from 62 – 31 percent in a May 6 survey."

revefsreleets
07-07-2009, 10:25 AM
W as a pretender? No way...that dude was the real deal, total convert, hard core born again.

I'm skeptical about Reagan...finding God doesn't necessarily mean he was a Christian.

As for Obama's ratings, who is surprised by this? I think he'll bottom out right around 33%, as that is just about the number of people who have just completely sold their souls to this dude, no matter WHAT he does...

KeiselPower99
07-07-2009, 10:35 AM
I was watching Cnn yesterday and they was saying how in Washington they dont want Palin around becuase she isnt a great public speaker. The only reason Obama was elected was is public speaking. I really think by the end of his first year in office and going into the election next year we will see the bottom fall out of Obama and the Democrats popularity.

Fire Haley
07-07-2009, 11:05 AM
As for Obama's ratings, who is surprised by this? I think he'll bottom out right around 33%, as that is just about the number of people who have just completely sold their souls to this dude, no matter WHAT he does...

Don't forget the 96% of blacks who support him only because he is black.
That always help his polls.

It doesn't matter now...we all know our Great Leader is going to personally pay for all our housing, utilities, and groceries. We won’t have to work any more, just as soon as he fixes the climate and the economy, then all will be well.

You know it's getting bad when Colin Powell is having buyer's remorse.

MACH1
07-07-2009, 11:25 AM

Um, yeah your mistaken. Don't throw shit out there if you don't have a clue as to what your talking about.

MACH1
07-07-2009, 11:26 AM
I think its odd how religion becomes a key issue when the candidate has a R next to their name.

And if its a D next to your name, you can be a closet Muslim and win.

Godfather
07-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Don't forget the 96% of blacks who support him only because he is black.

Yep, they always vote the black guy. Just ask Governor Swann, Governor Blackwell, Senator Steele, Lieutenant Governor Beard (in Louisiana), 2004 presidential nominee Al Sharpton, etc.

revefsreleets
07-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Um, yeah your mistaken. Don't throw shit out there if you don't have a clue as to what your talking about.

Sure, I may have exaggerated a tad, but it IS a funny religion, almost, but not quite as kooky as Scientology:

Mormons believe the following.

Satan is Jesus' brother
God lives on a planet named "Kolob"
The Garden of Eden is in Missouri
They each get their own planet when they die

I could go on, but why? It's a ridiculous religion....

Fire Haley
07-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Yep, they always vote the black guy. .

Are you telling me that over 90% of blacks agreed with Obama's policies?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

KeiselPower99
07-07-2009, 12:01 PM

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

He had policies??

Godfather
07-07-2009, 12:11 PM

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Are you telling me no white Democrat has ever gotten 90% of the black vote?

Nice try.

revefsreleets
07-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Blacks DID turn out in record numbers. Some states had high triple digit increases in black voter turnout.

Makes a difference...

Fire Haley
07-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Ya think?

Breakdown of demographics reveals how black voters swept Obama into White House

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1083335/Breakdown-demographics-reveals-black-voters-swept-Obama-White-House.html

Exit Polls: Black Voters Catapult Obama To Big Win in North Carolina

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2008/05/06/exit-polling-shows-wright-controversy-economy-matter-to-indiana-north-carolina-voters/

New York: The lowest white turnout and record black women and youth ballots in the historic November election put Barack Obama in the White House, according new poll research.

http://www.samaylive.com/news/lowest-white-highest-black-turnout-helped-obama-in-us-elections/622473.html

The Patriot
07-07-2009, 01:31 PM
John Kerry got 88% of the black vote in 2004. John f**king Kerry.

Fire Haley
07-07-2009, 01:38 PM
88% of 2.5%?

hahahaha

Godfather
07-07-2009, 01:53 PM
John Kerry got 88% of the black vote in 2004. John f**king Kerry.

Look at Kerry's opponent.

That was the worst douche vs. turd election ever. I hope to God we never have a November ballot that bad again.

I voted for Michael Badnarik.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
07-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Blacks DID turn out in record numbers. Some states had high triple digit increases in black voter turnout.

Makes a difference...

But, they only make up 13% of the population, and only about 60% voted. 9% is not really all that significant.

Like I said before, color didn't have as much to do with it. As much as Bush and the Republican party was demonized for 8 years by the media, any Democrat would have won.

Godfather
07-07-2009, 03:27 PM
But, they only make up 13% of the population, and only about 60% voted. 9% is not really all that significant.

Well, according to one of the links, black turnout was 65% instead of the usual 60%. Even so, most of the black vote goes Democratic anyway. It's silly to accuse someone who voted for Kerry, Gore, and Clinton of voting for Obama based on race. With the few who voted R in the past or didn't show up, maybe, but that's a small number.

Fire Haley
07-07-2009, 03:32 PM
You're right of course, even with record numbers of blacks they were dwarfed in the voting by the kool-aid drinking, socialist loving hippies.

I hope you're happy.

stlrtruck
07-07-2009, 03:41 PM
You're right of course, even with record numbers of blacks they were dwarfed in the voting by the kool-aid drinking, socialist loving hippies.

I hope you're happy.

I thought these types were dying off and their own children revolted against them?

Dino 6 Rings
07-07-2009, 03:59 PM
man, I should totally be a political analyst and get paid for my thoughts...here go...

Palin's Plan

By Roger Stone

It was 1962. Richard Nixon had had enough. Enough of being called "Tricky Dick, the man no one would buy a used car from." Enough of the elitist derision that had come his way since the Hiss case. He had had enough of the liberal media who consistently held him to a higher standard than his Democratic opponents and poked fun at his lack of sophistication - he being the son of a grocer. So Nixon blew. He announced the end of his career in seeking elective office; "You won't have Dick Nixon to kick around anymore because, gentlemen, this is my last press conference." Six years later he was inaugurated as President of the United States.

This moment came last week for Sarah Palin and her husband Todd. Sick of the derision of the media for her unsophisticated country ways, her plain speaking and consistently being held to a higher standard than her critics, Palin had had enough. Palin resigned as Governor and, like Nixon, did not reveal her future plans. A follow-up FACEBOOK posting for her legions of admirers was clearly written in her own hand as it is plain-spoken and blunt.

Watching the Washington chattering class pan the Palin moves shows the moronic level of political analysis in the media today. Switch-hitter Dave Gergen, Ed Rollins who bolted his Party to go destroy the candidacy of Ross Perot and then trashed Perot, and Upper West Side reform Democrat Dick Morris who toiled for Ohio lefty, Howard Metzenbaum and Clinton but is today a born again Christian and right-winger, all panned the Palin move. Fools.

In fact, resignation as Governor was necessary to preserve any prospect that Palin could be nominated and elected in 2012 or beyond.

Palin could accomplish nothing more as Governor to burnish her "experience" credentials. Nuisance lawsuits and ethics complaints from garden variety left-wing nuts were costing her hundreds of thousands of dollars and paralyzing state government. Palin's accomplishments as Governor in boom times where behind her. The lot of a Governor today is painful cuts and delivering bad news for the next 18 months. Who needs it?

Palin has the most valuable commodity a Presidential candidate can have - a base. Roughly 23% of Americans and 68% of Republicans have a favorable view of Palin. She alone has this kind of intense following. She alone can fill a large hall or small stadium anywhere in Republican Country. This is similar to the following that sustained Nixon through two defeats and his 'self-destruction' in 1962 to win the White House in 1968.

Like Nixon, Palin needs some rehabilitation to her political image caused by the relentless attacks of the elitist media, the knife-work of the relatively talentless Republican Party pros like Steve Schmidt and her own self-inflicted wounds from the post election period that were born out of inexperience at this level of political combat. Like Nixon, Palin can re-make herself in the controlled environment of television. Instead of being tortured by smug media types like Katie Couric, Palin can demonstrate her better understanding of issues and articulate a case against Obama. She can be folksy and plain-spoken and above all, 'smart.' All hail the Conservative Oprah!

The "New Palin" is crucial to the expansion beyond her base of true believers to be a viable presidential candidate. The obvious place for Palin to re-tool her political image is FOX television. FOX's viewers are Palin's potential voters. It is ironic that FOX president Roger Ailes is the genius TV producer who erased candidate Nixon's flaws in a controlled environment and facilitated the greatest political comeback in American history, is at the helm at FOX.

As Bill Kristol, the only DC based analyst who "gets it" said, the move also frees Palin to "write her book, give speeches, travel the country, and educate herself on some issues." It also frees her to build a net work of fundraisers and supporters throughout the country - many of whom will be her TV viewers.

Palin will also be more in demand as a dinner speaker, fundraiser and campaigner than any other Republican in 2011. She can suspend her TV career and will have a chance to collect countless political IOUs along the way, campaigning for candidates and raising them money and hitting the State Republican dinner circuit. Demand for the "New Palin" will only increase.

Palin's "star-power," charisma, presence and genuineness cannot be discounted. No one can discount her moxie, her energy and her inspirational qualities. Her anti-elite middle-class message can have resonance again when the Obama economic policies likely fail. The Ivy leaguers and Hollywood crowd so high on Obama may be riding for a fall. The media has unfairly labeled her as "dumb." All she must do is disprove this...and she can have sixty minutes each week to do it.

Palin's stunning move guarantees an outsider strategy in which Palin is a "movement" but not a "party" candidate. No decision on running should be made until 2011 and focus must be on image repair. This is a woman who held off 36 year Senate vet Joe Biden in a 90 minute debate. She may just be up to the task.

http://stonezone.com/

Dino 6 Rings
07-07-2009, 04:04 PM

Sigh...yep...I should get paid.

MACH1
07-07-2009, 04:10 PM

What you should do is quit your day job and let obonga put you on the spread it out payroll, I hear its going to have great benefits.

Godfather
07-07-2009, 05:20 PM
2012 might be too soon. But she is young enough to still have a future. Hopefully this isn't the last we hear from her.

Dino 6 Rings
07-07-2009, 06:08 PM
2012 might be too soon. But she is young enough to still have a future. Hopefully this isn't the last we hear from her.

Could be she pushes a Huckabee/Jindal Ticket to help take away from Romney and then sit back, maybe become Energy Czar under the Huck/Jindal administration.

43Hitman
07-07-2009, 10:58 PM

Sounds a lot like what I was saying too... Except now she is going to have a hard time saying no to certain GOP members. She no longer has an excuse to reject them, cause she has all the free time she needs.

revefsreleets
07-08-2009, 09:14 AM
MORE importantly was Obama's coming out party in the primaries. The impact of the black vote has been marginalized here, but let's take an honest look at those numbers.

In The PRIMARIES, black voters in South Carolina were the MAJORITY. 55% of total voters were black, and 78% of them voted for Obama. These were the Democratic primaries, mind you, so there were no GOP candidates for them to vote against. 19% voted for Hillary, who, as a Clinton, has always enjoyed a lot of popularity amongst African Americans. 78%. RACE won Obama that primary. Race, and only race.

In Georgia, blacks made up half the voting roster for the Democratic party. 90% of the African Americans in that state voted for Obama. Again, these are primaries, not the general election. The "Bush Excuse" can't fly.

If the man wasn't black, he would NOT have gotten very far in the primaries, and therefore would have never gotten the D nomination, ergo, he could never have been elected President.

This isn't rocket science we're talking about...

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
07-08-2009, 11:56 AM
I dont know how anyone in their right mind could actually want. palin to be president..

revefsreleets
07-08-2009, 12:01 PM
I dont know how anyone in their right mind could actually want. palin to be president..

It's are, I know, but I agree.

There are probably dozens of batter candidates from the GOP...

Godfather
07-08-2009, 02:02 PM
MORE importantly was Obama's coming out party in the primaries. The impact of the black vote has been marginalized here, but let's take an honest look at those numbers.

In The PRIMARIES, black voters in South Carolina were the MAJORITY. 55% of total voters were black, and 78% of them voted for Obama. These were the Democratic primaries, mind you, so there were no GOP candidates for them to vote against. 19% voted for Hillary, who, as a Clinton, has always enjoyed a lot of popularity amongst African Americans. 78%. RACE won Obama that primary. Race, and only race.

In Georgia, blacks made up half the voting roster for the Democratic party. 90% of the African Americans in that state voted for Obama. Again, these are primaries, not the general election. The "Bush Excuse" can't fly.

If the man wasn't black, he would NOT have gotten very far in the primaries, and therefore would have never gotten the D nomination, ergo, he could never have been elected President.

This isn't rocket science we're talking about...

Obama's big winning streak--and the one that got him the nomination--was the run he went on in Western states like Wyoming, Idaho, Colorado, etc. Yeah, those states are full of brothers.

Al Sharpton is black too, but you didn't see him get any traction in the primaries. That was only four years earlier with the same demographics. In fact, the 2004 Democratic electorate was blacker because you didn't have as many Republicans crossing over for either Operation Chaos or lesser-of-two-evils purposes.

Godfather
07-08-2009, 02:02 PM
There are probably dozens of batter candidates from the GOP...

Disagree. There are better candidates in terms of electability, but Palin would be an excellent President.

Fire Haley
07-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Obama's big winning streak--and the one that got him the nomination--was the run he went on in Western states like Wyoming, Idaho, Colorado, etc.

It didn't help him much in the real election.

McCain WON Idaho, Wyoming etc

try looking at electoral votes next time

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/24/ElectoralCollege2008.svg/350px-ElectoralCollege2008.svg.png

revefsreleets
07-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Obama's big winning streak--and the one that got him the nomination--was the run he went on in Western states like Wyoming, Idaho, Colorado, etc. Yeah, those states are full of brothers.

Al Sharpton is black too, but you didn't see him get any traction in the primaries. That was only four years earlier with the same demographics. In fact, the 2004 Democratic electorate was blacker because you didn't have as many Republicans crossing over for either Operation Chaos or lesser-of-two-evils purposes.

That was after the fact. He gained early traction and by then Hillary was toast...it was a two "man" race by then, and the media had already abandoned Clinton's ship. Also, how many electoral votes are there in all those states compared to Georgia?

I can't understand WHY people buck this...it's very obvious. If Obama was, say, a white Catholic, the guy simply doesn't win a single primary, and never gets anywhere.

Why would Palin be a good President?

Dino 6 Rings
07-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Why would Palin be a good President?

I think if you want to be more of a America First, type of country, Us First with our own Energy Independence, less reliance on the outside world for Imports of Oil or Even Products, I believe she'd bring that. I also believe she'd have a better impact on closing the southern Border because her focus would be on America, not so much being part of the UN or "World Community"

Not as Isolationist as Ron Paul, but she'd probably push us more in that direction. She wouldn't apologize for America at all.

As for whether or not she knew the name of the President of Russia (Obama blew that one 2 days ago when he called Putin, the President) I'm sure she'd be educated on that by her handlers. I believe she'd have came out fast against the Iranian Governments violent crack down of its own citizens as well as the Chinese Crack Down happening Today against its own Citizens. Women having their heads bashed in by government thugs is never something she'd stand for, I just have that feeling.

She also probably wouldn't Raise Taxes, she's push for tax cuts, probably not so much pushing for Windmills in Arizona, as she would be for more Refineries here and Nuclear Plants and maybe even more drilling locally for Oil. She'd probably cut down a lot of wasteful spending and it wouldn't surprise me if she put out some kind of pay freeze on elected officials, or at least tried that, floated the idea.

I also imagine she'd have a kind heart for those in the US that need help. I don't see her being a "bitter old man" Like Ron Paul or McCain or Fred Thompson. I think she'd modivate people not to join a national "volunteer" group but to Volunteer at your local community level that already exists. (I do this with my wife, its hard work but good for the soul). I believe she'd also push for more funding for medical research for all kinds of childhood diseases.

I think she'd fund our military heavily. She's a big supporter of our troops as her son is a soldier. So I imagine a lack of body armor wouldn't be an issue for our troops as her Motherly instincts would want to protect all the men and women of our armed services. She'd want us to have the best jets, best ships, best weapons available, just in case, but don't think she'd send us into wars without seriously considering the consequences of those actions. She wouldn't "shoot from the hip" or just "go for it" but wouldn't ignore problems either.

Those are some things I think that would make her an Good President. Not Great, Not Horrible.

Godfather
07-08-2009, 06:40 PM
In addition to what Dino said, she's been a small business owner and a small town mayor in recent years. The libs love to scoff at those things but it means she has a ground-level understanding of how federal policy affects people. That's something we need a lot more of in the Beltway. Most of those people have no clue about the real world.

KeiselPower99
07-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Godfather and Dino Yall hit the nail on the head why she is the frontrunner for the people. Shes down to earth and knows what we need to do to fix the problems we have. Raising taxes in a fallen economy isnt the answer. Even Stevie Wonder can see that.

revefsreleets
07-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Well, if she somehow winds her way through this whole process and gets herself nominated as the GOP candidate in 2012, she'll have my vote as the "lessor of two evils" candidate, but I still see plenty of holes in her platform...

tony hipchest
07-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Those are some things I think that would make her an Good President. Not Great, Not Horrible.

In addition to what Dino said, she's been a small business owner and a small town mayor in recent years. The libs love to scoff at those things but it means she has a ground-level understanding of how federal policy affects people. That's something we need a lot more of in the Beltway. Most of those people have no clue about the real world.

the scary thing here is the same can be said for "first dude". he pretty much has just as much executive experience as they run the state together.

i wouldnt put it past her to do something kooky and nominate him as her running partner and say something folksy like "we are alaskan fisherpeople and know only dead fish flow with the stream".

her fans would eat this type of "thinking outside the box" up.

no thanks.

i still think our nation would be more balanced if republicans could vote on the democratic primaries and the democrats vote for who would be on the republican ticket.

Godfather
07-09-2009, 11:11 AM
the scary thing here is the same can be said for "first dude". he pretty much has just as much executive experience as they run the state together.

i wouldnt put it past her to nominate him as her running partner and say something folksy like "we are alaskan fisherpeople and know only dead fish flow with the stream".

her fans would eat this type of "thinking outside the box" up.

no thanks.

i still think our nation would be more balanced if republicans could vote on the democratic primaries and the democrats vote for who would be on the republican ticket.

Hillary took an active role in Bill's administration. She even had an office in the West Wing. That seemed to work just fine.

You can cross over to vote in the other party's primary. You just have to change your registration in some states. I don't know if it would improve the candidates though. Look at last year--some Republicans voted for Hillary because they saw her as the lesser of two evils. Others voted for Obama because there was no way a black guy with a funny name would win in November. (Oops). Thanks to the latter group, assclowns would get a boost toward their party's nomination.

tony hipchest
07-09-2009, 11:24 AM
i knew it! are you actually suggesting a sarah/todd in '12 woudlnt be too shabby of an idea?

...just because he's an american who works and has to pay bills?

i know you can cross over, but what im talking about is having 2 votes on both tickets. you get to vote for your guy AND vote for the candidate you want them to run against.

using this example i think many republicans woulda voted for mccain, and bill richardson of the best candidate for john to run against.

just like in '00 i woulda voted for gore and mccain over bush as the best candidate for him to run against.

Dino 6 Rings
07-09-2009, 02:02 PM
I don't think having the "first dude" on the ticket is even something that needs to be talked about. Its a Ridiculous idea.

I could see her teaming up with the Huckabee team and helping to push Huck toward the forefront of people's minds. Jindal Still has some bearing and would be a solid VP pick for Huck. With Sarah in the background raising money, and more money, and more money, that team in itself could thwart the more moderate team Romney is putting together.

Plus, unless he runs for Gov of NY, Rudy will be back in the picture with a stronger campaign. That dude can still raise lots of cash.

I think Rudy would Stomp Obama in a General Election.

Dino 6 Rings
07-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Rudy is probably the most Middle of the road Candidate we could ever see. The guy is Socially Liberal, but Fiscally conservative. He'd be hard on Crime and Terror, but ease up on the border (yes he would). He'd be anti partial birth but recognize a woman's right to choose, just early on in the pregnancy. (Which really, most people agree with, you have radicals on both sides, some say "Never Abort" others say "Abort til birth" But really, most people will meet in the middle and put a cut off at mid 2nd trimester or something)

Rudy would be very good for energy as he'd want to drill here and he would flat out do whatever it took to get off Saudi Oil. He is not a friend of the Saudi's. They blew up his Buildings, he's taken offense at that still.

Anyway...Rudy is probably who I would have voted for in the General, I voted for him in the Primaries than flipped to Bob Barr in the General as a protest against anyone who supported that TARP bill which in hindesight, was the begining for the end for our Tax Payer funding of EVERYTHING in this Country. Once we bailed out the banks, everyone had their hands out.

Fire Haley
07-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Rudy's skeletons have skeletons in the closet.

Dump all the names you know and start over new for 2012.

Tell Sarah to shut up and sit down and let's just concentrate on bringing Obama down by his own blunders.

I want all the attention on how Obamarama is destroying our country, not last year's news headlines.

Godfather
07-09-2009, 03:23 PM
...just because he's an american who works and has to pay bills?

It would be nice to have a few people in power who fit that description. It would beat the current system where politicians want to set our personal budgets and decide what we can and can't afford. We'd see some different, and better, policies if the country were run by people who knew what was going on in the real world.

stlrtruck
07-09-2009, 04:42 PM
It would be nice to have a few people in power who fit that description. It would beat the current system where politicians want to set our personal budgets and decide what we can and can't afford. We'd see some different, and better, policies if the country were run by people who knew what was going on in the real world.

Oh you mean how it was suppose to actually set up to run?

revefsreleets
07-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Palin/Huckabee is way too "Religious Right" and potentially reactionary...

JEFF4i
07-09-2009, 09:09 PM
I just don't see any way that this bodes well for her in the long run.

However...

If she decided to resign since this was taking time she needed to spend with her Downs child, well, I'd have an unmeasurable amount of respect for her.

HometownGal
07-09-2009, 10:45 PM
I want all the attention on how Obamarama is destroying our country, not last year's news headlines.

The media would never allow such treachery and blasphemy. Why - it would be almost sacrilegous! :jawdrop: :rolleyes:

tony hipchest
07-09-2009, 10:47 PM
The media would never allow such treachery and blasphemy. Why - it would be almost sacrilegous! :jawdrop: :rolleyes:its all about what chad johnson and sarah palin say on twitter these days. i guess you cant knock them for staying ahead of the curve.