PDA

View Full Version : Bad Football Accident.

Preacher
07-04-2009, 12:18 AM
WARNING: IF THEISMAN'S INJURY MADE YOU QUEASY, DO NOT WATCH

PEgkuoD5VsU

hindes204
07-04-2009, 01:13 AM
Ouch...reminds me of another video on YouTube where a kick boxer kicks a guy in the shin and his leg snaps...and then he tried to stand on it

steelreserve
07-04-2009, 02:07 AM
I'll see your gruesome injury and raise you twenty.

ImxR20TgNA0

LvKTKoXX8U0

Godfather
07-04-2009, 09:15 AM
I saw that Raiders one when it happened.

There was a nasty one in the New Orleans Bowl last year. DeAndre Brown from USM came down wrong on his ankle when he jumped up to catch a pass. That was fugly. Fortunately he's a freshman so he has plenty of time to recover.

AllD
07-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Blood makes me puke.

NEPAsteeler
07-04-2009, 04:38 PM
That hockey video was just plain nasty. I hate the sight of blood.

onefortheotherhand
07-08-2009, 10:49 PM
holy shit the hockey one musta hit an artery or sumthin coz it was like a hose

steelreserve
07-09-2009, 01:13 AM
holy shit the hockey one musta hit an artery or sumthin coz it was like a hose

Yeah, the Clint Malarchuk incident was a pretty famous injury. He severed his jugular vein and probably would've died within a minute or so if there if there hadn't been a former Army medic standing in the locker room tunnel 20 feet away at the time. All the spraying you saw was the blood draining out of his head, and bending over is probably the best thing you can do in that case (assuming you have a way to stop the bleeding shortly afterwards) because it stops gravity from emptying your brain faster than your heart can pump blood into it.

Turned out that although the guy obviously needed to be rushed to the hospital and got a lot of stitches, he was perfectly fine within a couple of days and playing again in a month, although his career was not really the same. Unsurprisingly, he went on to invent the steel-reinforced collar that hockey goalies wear today.

This also happened again last year to a regular skater, in the same city, no less.

Galax Steeler
07-09-2009, 04:06 AM
Wow those are some gruesome injuries. That hockey one was amazing.