PDA

View Full Version : A Bengals Fan Speaks Out to Steeler Nation

mesaSteeler
07-04-2009, 01:01 AM
A Bengals Fan Speaks Out to Steeler Nation
http://www.nflgridirongab.com/category/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/

A Letter To Steeler Nation:

Steeler Nation,

First off, congratulations on winning your sixth Super Bowl Championship. I trust it still rests comfortably atop your collective mind. Secondly, I must say, I admire your obsession with your team. A Steeler fan seems always willing to display his or her loyalty anywhere in the world, at times creating awkward, even socially-damaging effects, yet one carries on undeterred.

And, thirdly, it is impossible to call you a group made up largely of bandwagoneers because youíre rarely absent from the playoffs and itís hard to lose fan support when the team always wins. So there you have it.

Now, with all pleasantries aside, itís time to speak of your teamís identity. What the universe should agree upon is that the Steelers are made up of defense and a running gameóany dumbbell knows that. However, letís not pretend that a central characteristic to your teamís success is not deception. Within the past six years, the Steelers have been the experts at the olí trickeration, often times at the Bengalsí expenseĖmost notably in the dreaded playoff game of 2005; a play that sealed the fate of the Bengalsí season and still causes the venom to rise in the mouths of bitter Who-Deyers today.

And your defense is run by a man who predicates his whole philosophy on the slight-of-hand. One could produce an entire college thesis on the deceptive strategies of Dick LeBeauís defenses. Heís always one step ahead of the league because he continues to trick everyone.

My beef, Steeler Nation, is that you assume that what you see unfold every year is due to sheer strength and determination, when there is something more cunning there, more conniving. Iím not at all saying that youíre dirty, Iím saying youíre sneaky. You want a sheer muscle team who socks you in your mouth? Try Baltimore. Pittsburgh will outsmart the Ravens, yes, but that doesnít mean youíre tougher.

A feeble Bengalsí fan like myself has no defense to your many, many championships and your apparent sheer awesomeness. You need not even look in our direction when we simpletons from Southern Ohio & Northern Kentucky exercise our underdeveloped vocal chords about how maybe youíre the evil genius who wins in the end rather than the muscle-bounded hero everyone else was rooting for. Thatís why we donít like you, Steeler Nation; youíre Iago, youíre Gargamel, youíre Skeletor. Iíd rather not face it either; I donít blame you, but you suck. You must at least acknowledge, someday, and hopefully soon, that you suck.

Best of luck this season. Go jump off a cliff, just as soon as you can. I truly despise you. Hugs & Kisses.

Sincerely,

B. Clifton Burke

(Ah It gives me such a delicious feeling of schadenfreude to know how tortured the pathetic Bungholes are over our success. :rofl::rofl:

To carry on in the vein of the article the Bungholes are nothing more than a "a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing." Scene V MacBeth by William Shakespeare. - mesa)

hindes204
07-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Bungles fans always make me smile..…........I can't wait to stomp the bungles into the ground this year

MasterOfPuppets
07-04-2009, 01:34 AM
And, thirdly, it is impossible to call you a group made up largely of bandwagoneers because youíre rarely absent from the playoffs and itís hard to lose fan support when the team always wins.
the green eyed monster rears its ugly head....

Now, with all pleasantries aside, itís time to speak of your teamís identity. What the universe should agree upon is that the Steelers are made up of defense and a running gameóany dumbbell knows
hmmmm 23rd rank rushing attack.... i guess any DUMBASS wouldn't know that..

letís not pretend that a central characteristic to your teamís success is not deception.
that sneaky play action pass should be banned from the league !!!

And your defense is run by a man who predicates his whole philosophy on the slight-of-hand. One could produce an entire college thesis on the deceptive strategies of Dick LeBeauís defenses. Heís always one step ahead of the league because he continues to trick everyone.
i think thats called good coaching... i wonder why it doesn't work in bungleland ?

maybe this clown should consider directing his babbling to mr brown instead of steeler fans...:toofunny:

Aussie_steeler
07-04-2009, 02:11 AM
Best of luck this season. Go jump off a cliff, just as soon as you can. I truly despise you. Hugs & Kisses.

One truly tortured soul.

Do the children of Steeler nation get a free pass or do they have to jump off a cliff as well??

Preacher
07-04-2009, 02:33 AM
Funny thing...

He is right... out team is VERY cunning, least on defense. But they have the brawn to back it up and put the smack down on you when the cunning plays are thrown out the window.

Seems he hasn't watched the Ravens-Steelers games lately. No trickery, no cunning, just brutal "slap you momma kick your daddy throw the dog over the fence" football.

CantStop85
07-04-2009, 06:20 AM
I'm patiently awaiting all the angry responses from people who only bother to read the last few lines...:chuckle:

mulldog24
07-04-2009, 06:21 AM
That poor pathetic Bungles fan should be the one to jump off of a cliff and end their missery!!!! Bungles sucked then,suck now,will allways SUCK!!!!!!!!

Galax Steeler
07-04-2009, 06:58 AM
That is a funny article and it could only come from a Bengals fan.

stillers4me
07-04-2009, 07:08 AM
Pittsburgh will outsmart the Ravens, yes, but that doesn’t mean you’re tougher.

Look James Harrison right in the eyes and say that with a straight face,

And live to tell about it. :chuckle:

Poor Bungle fans....welcome to my world!

Rick5895
07-04-2009, 08:46 AM
MMMM, not tough eh? Tell that to Kieth Rivers. As the Jethro Tull song says BUNGLE IN THE JUNGLE

rick723
07-04-2009, 09:15 AM
True Bungel fan. Can He count to 6? Oh right, he never got past zero.

Give It To Abercrombie
07-04-2009, 10:02 AM
That is a funny article and it could only come from a Bengals fan.

If you were a Bengals fan, you'd have a good sense of humor too. It's the only thing that keeps them from the edge of that cliff.

Psyychoward86
07-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Brings tears of joy :crying01:

mmalone
07-04-2009, 11:52 AM
i will make him happy...

#1 Steelers
#2 Cinci
#3 Ravens
#4 Brownies

have to look at the New LB and defense for cinci.. they will be better.

LVSteelersfan
07-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Must be awful to root for a team that has never won anything. At least the Clowns and the Ratbirds have won championships of some sort. Bungles in the Jungle have never won anything. Ever. Thank God I jumped on the Steelers bandwagon back in 1969 and never got off. The Steelers still sucked in 1969, but there was just something about them that I really liked. They busted people in the mouth as they lost. Other teams hated playing the Steelers. The way football was meant to be played. This guy is delusional at best if he thinks the Steelers D is not tough. Even our safeties and corners knock peoples' blocks off. Get a life and root for the Reds. The Bungles are never going anywhere with that pathetic front office.

X-Terminator
07-04-2009, 12:54 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how much we're in their heads. It's bordering on obsession...

mesaSteeler
07-04-2009, 12:55 PM
"Steeler Nation; you’re Iago, you’re Gargamel, you’re Skeletor."

Well it's clear that the Bungals have retreated into bad fantasy land since Iago, Gargamel, and Skelator are from really bad cartoons.

I had to Wiki them to figure out what they were since I thought Iago was a Macbeth reference. I should have known better to expect a Bungal to read Shakespeare.

The "Smurfs", since that is what Gargamel referances, is about the right speed for Bungal.

AllD
07-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Our QB coach, Ken Anderson is a former Bungle and so was LeBeau as HC? Seems like the City of Champions sooner or later attracts the best from everywhere.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Ahhh, the Bengal fans. Being from Southern Ohio and Northern Kentucky....we all know that they have an IQ in the negative twenty range.

And will someone please tell Wes Welker and Willis McGahee that nobody in our defense hits hard.

MasterOfPuppets
07-04-2009, 04:50 PM
i don't know what effect this bunghole was expecting from his lttle rant....but i bet it wasn't the warm fuzzy feeling of delight i have from knowing how miserable the poor bastard is.... :laughing:

St33lersguy
07-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Yo idiot if we were not tough how comeone of our WRs ended one of your LBs jaw. Did you watch the 2008 AFC championship game, a team you said was tough. By the way beong deceptive is a good thing too so thanks for that compliment (I think). This guy is la-hoo-sa-her

scsteeler
07-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Must be awful to root for a team that has never won anything. At least the Clowns and the Ratbirds have won championships of some sort. Bungles in the Jungle have never won anything. Ever. Thank God I jumped on the Steelers bandwagon back in 1969 and never got off. The Steelers still sucked in 1969, but there was just something about them that I really liked. They busted people in the mouth as they lost. Other teams hated playing the Steelers. The way football was meant to be played. This guy is delusional at best if he thinks the Steelers D is not tough. Even our safeties and corners knock peoples' blocks off. Get a life and root for the Reds. The Bungles are never going anywhere with that pathetic front office.

They did win an AFC Championship!!!!!!!!!! I wish that Bungles fan would write more entertaining reads like this I need something to help get me to the start of at least preseason. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

sherlock
07-06-2009, 02:38 AM
[QUOTE=mesaSteeler;622584]

A Steeler fan seems always willing to display his or her loyalty anywhere in the world, at times creating awkward, even socially-damaging effects, yet one carries on undeterred.

Well,someone has just started work where I do and he`s a real big AF fan and has been to most of the NFL grounds,and he reckoned the friendliest crowd was at Pittsburgh.....so there!!!:hug:

revefsreleets
07-06-2009, 09:49 AM
The rare Bugle fan who can actually write and spell.

The content is weak, but that's fine in context...I'm just amazed that there was any kind of coherency at all...

Steel Head
07-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Seems he hasn't watched the Ravens-Steelers games lately. No trickery, no cunning, just brutal "slap you momma kick your daddy throw the dog over the fence" football.

Yeah no doubt

Those games were straight up, face to face, who is tougher. And the Steelers won all 3...not to mention Willis Mcgahee nearly died at the end of the last game

CPanther95
07-06-2009, 10:23 AM

Steeler Nation,

...................maybe youíre the evil genius who wins in the end rather than the muscle-bounded hero everyone else was rooting for. Thatís why we donít like you, Steeler Nation; youíre Iago, youíre Gargamel, youíre Skeletor.

We're Batman, Baltimore is The Scarecrow, and Cincy and Cleveland are the Wonder Twins (or possibly Ace & Gary - the Ambiguously Gay Duo).

Dino 6 Rings
07-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Personally, I Embrace the Dark Side and welcome the idea of being the BAD GUY!!!

That's why I loved beating the Cinderella Cardinals, loved Beating "America's Team" in the 70s. I loved beating the feel good Rookie QB in the AFC Title game. Loved beating the Holgrem lead Seahawks as he tried to be the first coach to win a SB with two different teams. I enjoy being BAD!

So you're welcome Bengals fan. I'm glad I give you something to Root against.

SteelMember
07-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Ahhh. They sure are cute little guys. Mew.

http://media3.guzer.com/pictures/cute_kitty2.jpg

fansince'76
07-06-2009, 10:41 PM
You want a sheer muscle team who socks you in your mouth? Try Baltimore. Pittsburgh will outsmart the Ravens, yes, but that doesn’t mean you’re tougher.

The same Baltimore that put a bounty on our #1 WR's head for knocking a couple of them on their asses? Yeah, OK, buddy.

4QGKlluCU0o

yGRFqOipcTg

Keep talking out of your ass, chucklehead. :coffee:

tony hipchest
07-06-2009, 11:40 PM
The same Baltimore that put a bounty on our #1 WR's head for knocking a couple of them on their asses? Yeah, OK, buddy.

Keep talking out of your ass, chucklehead. :coffee:

kudos to hines who quickly called for a medic before he rushed off to make the next tackle.

kudos to the steelers who gathered around in prayer when it looked like mcgahee was dead.

:chuckle:

steelerchad
07-07-2009, 08:18 AM
Baltimore tougher than the Steelers?
That's an idiotic statement with no factual basis whatsoever.

I was at all 3 of the matchups between these 2 last year and all 3 were hard hitting defensive struggles which we got the best of. Not just winning all 3 games, which is most important. But also, beating them down physically.

Baltimore did all the talking with the bounty and all and never backed it up against us. In fact they whined about the TD call at the end of the game in Baltimore, then they had a chance to get revenge in the AFC title game and didn't even show up.
That game was a massacre and the score wasn't very telling about how we dominated most of that game. In addition, there were 3 monster hits in that game. The McGahee hit was one of the most brutal hits I've ever witnessed live. Our rookie WR, Sweed, laid out one of their DB's. And one of our Special teamers nailed someone on the opening kickoff.

The only decent hit for Baltimore was a late one on a Roethlisberger sandwich.

Baltimore is tough, yes. But they were 2nd toughest by far last year.

Hammer67
07-07-2009, 09:14 AM
Funny thing...

He is right... out team is VERY cunning, least on defense. But they have the brawn to back it up and put the smack down on you when the cunning plays are thrown out the window.

I was just going to type this myself. This whole rant seems to be someone who missed the three Baltimore - Pittsburgh games this past year. I would define those as the most hardhitting, straight shooting football games I have seen in my lifetime.

SteelersMongol
07-07-2009, 07:51 PM
This man might B a Bungle fan, but he's brave enough 2 admit it. :thumbsup: This kind of people R hard 2 come by these days.

Funny thing...

:chuckle: :thumbsup:

Look James Harrison right in the eyes and say that with a straight face,

And live to tell about it. :chuckle:

Poor Bungle fans....welcome to my world!

:toofunny:

TheWarDen86
07-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Funny how all Dick Lebeau's "trickery" couldn't help the Bengals though. :noidea:

X-Terminator
07-08-2009, 04:58 AM
Funny how all Dick Lebeau's "trickery" couldn't help the Bengals though. :noidea:

He may be a HOF coach, but he's no miracle worker.

stillers4me
07-08-2009, 05:12 AM
He may be a HOF coach, but he's no miracle worker.

:laughing:

MaidenIndiana
07-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Let's not be so rough on the poor Bengals fan. Have you ever been to Cincinnati? From where I live you drive south until you can smell it, then drive east till you step in it. That way you know you're in Cincinnati. Poor guy has to live there.

PisnNapalm
07-08-2009, 02:35 PM
That was hysterical! Thanks for posting that letter.

Steely McSmash
07-10-2009, 11:27 AM
The Gargamel reference, although hysterical, is way off base.

If the Steelers were Gargamel there would need to be a lot more smurf women to replace all the smurfs we'd be feasting on!

pghfrank1948
07-11-2009, 06:05 AM
I live in Ohio and that is the typical view of the Black and Gold. They lucked into 6 SBs. With trickery. What a bunch of losers these ohioans are Browns, Bengals, and the frauds in Columbus. I told a guy at work that in his wldest dreams did he ever think there would be a black president before the Browns made it to the SuperBowl and he didnt talk to me for 4 months. I relish every year the pain and anguish that these losers go though and I hope it continues in the future. It makes my se!!!!son to see these crybabies hurt so bad. GO STEELERS!!! Stairway to SEVEN

triphahn
07-11-2009, 04:03 PM
That was awesome. I started to get riled up at the start but that turned hysterical. I think I will print it and hang it on the wall in my office to read whenever I need a good laugh.