PDA

View Full Version : Remember last year?

mesaSteeler
07-04-2009, 01:18 AM
Remember last year?
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth
July 3, 2009 4:00 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

This is just another friendly reminder of how much difference one year can make in the AFC North for the Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers.

Below is another sample of what ESPN.com readers were saying about the division last summer.

Enjoy.

* "Big, big year with Ben Utecht. He gives the Bengals a 2WR + TE formation that will put up a TON of yards."

* "Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Ben Utecht, Antonio Chatman, second-rounder Jerome Simpson, third-rounder Andre Caldwell, a healthy Rudi Johnson, a healthy Chris Perry and the best pass blocking O-Line in the NFL... Cincinnati's offense will be in the top 10 -- no question."

* "If Martin Rucker translates his college game into the pros then Braylon Edwards, Donte' Stallworth, Kellen Winslow and Rucker would be the sickest combination of receivers in the league!"

* "Look up the road to the Dawg Pound for the best o-line in football."

* "I love Steeler fans. They talk as though what happened in 1988 (a year the Browns happened to make the playoffs, by the way) has any relevance on what will happen in the 2008 season. Similarly, your Super Bowl rings mean absolutely jack to what will happen this year."

* "Kyle Boller will start against the Bengals [in Week 1]. Troy Smith is a hoax and even Lloyd's of London won't insure Joe Flacco is he goes behind the Ravens putrid offensive line."

* "It really doesn't matter who starts at quarterback for the Ravens. There isn't a quality tackle on the offensive line, and whoever is back there is going to get killed."

* "As a Bengals fan, I hope the controversy in Baltimore over their sorry list of QBs continues until the day before opening day. With a terrible offensive line and two aging corners and one suspended [Fabian Washington] the Bengals will be toasting them all day long in the passing game. The Ravens are a few years away from contending for our [Bengals] AFC North crown this year."

* "Flacco may start later in the season, but he is not ready yet. It would be a big mistake to get him under center so early."

* "I have had the opportunity to watch Braylon Edwards at two practices this season, including Friday's Family Night at Browns Stadium. I can't help but notice there is something different about Edwards this year, an intangible. His performances so far that I have witnessed have been exceptional. Also, looking surprisingly solid has been reserve quarterback Ken Dorsey."

* "It's extremely unlikely anyone in the AFC North will win 11 games this year."

* "I will tell you what, let's play some Madden and then talk trash later."

* "Enjoy your No. 1 schedule. I'll enjoy watching the league pound Pittsburgh into the ground."

* "Where are all these Browns fans coming from? I'll give it two more years."

* "The Browns do not have a single rookie starting this year!! The Steelers will be lucky to go 6-10 this year. I just hope the Browns win the North by four games over the Steelers because I don't want to read about all the good teams the Steelers had to play. BROWNS 11-5, BUNGLES 8-8, RATBIRDS 8-8, STEELERS 6-10."

Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburgh Steelers, AFC North

MasterOfPuppets
07-04-2009, 01:40 AM
:toofunny: ...FAIL !!!

Steel-Bryan
07-04-2009, 03:28 AM
Whoever said these things are a guru ! :old:

mulldog24
07-04-2009, 06:03 AM
Just tell the STEELERS ya can't do it!!! When things look the worst the STEELERS play their best!!!!!!!! Piss on the BROWN STAINS,BUNGLES,RATBIRDS you can't touch us!!!!!!!!

Galax Steeler
07-04-2009, 06:52 AM

:toofunny:

bigjamesharrison2
07-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Another EPIC FAIL by a Bungles Fan...

Indo
07-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Another EPIC FAIL by a Bungles Fan...

But ya just gotta love them...they provide so much entertainment during the off-season...

And during the ON-season as well!

lilyoder6
07-04-2009, 12:41 PM
hahaha... that was a funny read..

what actually goes thru ppl's mind

fansince'76
07-04-2009, 01:13 PM
"I love Steeler fans. They talk as though what happened in 1988 (a year the Browns happened to make the playoffs, by the way) has any relevance on what will happen in the 2008 season. Similarly, your Super Bowl rings mean absolutely jack to what will happen this year."

"Enjoy your No. 1 schedule. I'll enjoy watching the league pound Pittsburgh into the ground."

Kiss it, bitches! :flipoff:

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/2009/0609/19707050_480X360.jpg

hindes204
07-04-2009, 01:23 PM
It's funny to read the things that people said before the season Last year, it's amazing how wrong the morons from Ohio were

HometownGal
07-05-2009, 08:10 AM
* "I love Steeler fans. They talk as though what happened in 1988 (a year the Browns happened to make the playoffs, by the way) has any relevance on what will happen in the 2008 season. Similarly, your Super Bowl rings mean absolutely jack to what will happen this year."

Well, assbag, maybe the glare from these might open up your eyes and make you pay a little more attention: Count em - -1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. :upyours:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mO03-wQ37zA/Scjk_QC-qRI/AAAAAAAAA3w/S66bWiBgYsA/s400/6-trophies.gif

* "I will tell you what, let's play some Madden and then talk trash later."

Gee - why am I not surprised? :noidea: :rolleyes:

steelerdave1969
07-05-2009, 03:49 PM

I really hope that they are saying the same things again for the '09 season as well...

Texasteel
07-05-2009, 03:59 PM
I really hope that they are saying the same things again for the '09 season as well...

Oh,,,,, I think I can promise they will. Once these Bungle fans figure how to get all the words spelled right they normally just copy and paste.

LVSteelersfan
07-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Surely they won't be stupid enough to open their big mouths again this year. Eating crow is a bad thing year after year. I am sure they will come out of the woodwork and say the Steelers will come out with big heads and won't break .500 this year. Of course they would be WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CantStop85
07-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Oh,,,,, I think I can promise they will. Once these Bungle fans figure how to get all the words spelled right they normally just copy and paste.

You know there are comments from Browns and Ravens fans on there too, right? :flap:

Texasteel
07-05-2009, 06:49 PM
You know there are comments from Browns and Ravens fans on there too, right? :flap:

Yea, but this is my week to pick on Cincy.

Psyychoward86
07-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Epic fail! :rofl:

Jackal
07-06-2009, 08:41 AM
To hell with building a fence on the border with Mexico, let's build one on the western border of PA...keep all of those dense @#%$ers from Ohio away from our fair city.

steel9guy
07-06-2009, 09:10 AM
To hell with building a fence on the border with Mexico, let's build one on the western border of PA...keep all of those dense @#%$ers from Ohio away from our fair city.

If you need people to help build it I will. The only thing they can brag about is being good on Madden and they probibly suck on that too hahaha They'll never have a superbowl. and where did James Walker get this information, Ed Werder??? What an idiot.:tt::rofl:

revefsreleets
07-06-2009, 09:52 AM
What about all the predictions about Derek Anderson leading the Browns into the playoffs? Those were MY favorites...

The_WARDen
07-06-2009, 10:20 AM

I love it when fans of losers say that having Super Bowl rings mean nothing...as if they would know.

Talk about a division of losers...the Steelers hold up their end of the bargain with 6, at least the Ravens have 1. As for the other 2 losers? ZERO Way to represent fellas!

Psyychoward86
07-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Yea, but this is my week to pick on Cincy.

:rofl:

Dino 6 Rings
07-06-2009, 12:04 PM
So this is the year, I think my math is correct, when we do in fact win the AFC north title this year we'll have more than all the other AFC North/Central teams combined including the Bengals, Ravens, Browns, Titans/Oilers and Jaguars.

The_WARDen
07-06-2009, 12:25 PM
So this is the year, I think my math is correct, when we do in fact win the AFC north title this year we'll have more than all the other AFC North/Central teams combined including the Bengals, Ravens, Browns, Titans/Oilers and Jaguars.

Those past titles won't help us this year...or so they say.