PDA

View Full Version : When, In the course of human events...

Indo
07-04-2009, 12:38 PM
If you have never read this, you should. It's not that long----

Happy Independence Day

http://www.earlyamerica.com/earlyamerica/freedom/doi/text.html

tony hipchest
07-04-2009, 02:28 PM
heres my favorite line-

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, except for the Bengals because they suck...

Indo
07-04-2009, 03:05 PM
:heha:

Indo
07-04-2009, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=tony hipchest;622737]heres my favorite line-We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, except for the Bengals because they suck...

All kidding aside, here's mine:

And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor.

tony hipchest
07-04-2009, 03:21 PM
lol.

in the 1492 thread, i think i took a great portion of the declaration and "bungleized" it.

maybe it was the preamble, or gettysburgh address. hell, i think i even did it with the magna carta (its been so long i coulda done all 4). :laughing:

anyways, great read no matter how many times you read it. the declaration if independance isnt to bad either. :wink:

happy fourth. :tt02: im about ready for some BBQ, racing, and blowing shit up.

Indo
07-04-2009, 03:23 PM
you got a daisy cutter lying around?

hindes204
07-04-2009, 03:27 PM
I have a copy of the contstitution and the declaration on my iPhone...I read over both of them frequently, I wish more Americans did

tony hipchest
07-04-2009, 03:27 PM
with the repetitive and effective use of "He..." i always liked this crux-

He is at this time transporting large armies of foreign mercenaries to complete the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of cruelty and perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the head of a civilized nation.

ouch.

tony hipchest
07-04-2009, 03:32 PM
you got a daisy cutter lying around?i wish! its illegal to shoot off anything that flies higher than 10 feet and the cops can hear anything all across town. (not to mention all the old ass fogies who call and nark).

i got some saturn missle batteries, and texas "lone star rockets". if im lucky, i'll catch some alley on fire. maybe find some of my daughters toys to shoot roman candles at and explode with firecrackers (she'll like that).

i wont be going "Joe Dirt" this year.

The Patriot
07-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Sounds a lot like a bitch list.