PDA

View Full Version : Former Titans and Ravens QB McNair dead

Fordy
07-04-2009, 03:31 PM
of apparent murder-suicide. Sorry I cant find any links. Just heard this from a friend. CRAZY.

tony hipchest
07-04-2009, 03:41 PM
this is freaky. i know its sacrilege for steelerfans to wear other teams colors, but i just put on my red/white, and baby blue throwback mccnair oilers jersey to wear for 4th of july festivities.

hindes204
07-04-2009, 03:43 PM
No way...really!!! Anybody have any good links

tony hipchest
07-04-2009, 03:46 PM
im about to make a beer run. i'll check on sirius.

hindes204
07-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Wow, it's true.
http://wcbstv.com/topstories/Steve.McNair.shot.2.1071568.html

Not sure if this link will work, iPhone is a little difficult to cut and paste addresses

tony hipchest
07-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Wow, it's true.
http://wcbstv.com/topstories/Steve.McNair.shot.2.1071568.html

Not sure if this link will work, iPhone is a little difficult to cut and pastaddresses
Sirius confirms it as well

MasterOfPuppets
07-04-2009, 04:01 PM
just seen it on espn....they found a dead woman shot also...hoooooly crap :doh:

hindes204
07-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Wow, I always liked him, he was a tough player who played through alot of pain, and never whined about it... May he rest in peace

ricksteelers55
07-04-2009, 04:13 PM
sometimes we do forget that there are things wayyy more important than football,today we lost the life of a great person....rest in peace Steve

GutterflowerSteel
07-04-2009, 04:16 PM
He was a worthy competitor, and I always hated when the Steelers had to play against him.

RIP Steve :crying01:

WTF?!!

Godfather
07-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Wow, I always liked him, he was a tough player who played through alot of pain, and never whined about it... May he rest in peace

This is awful. McNair was one of my favorite players even though I never liked the teams he played for. He never got the credit he deserved on or off the field (he did a lot for the Coast after Katrina).

jjpro11
07-04-2009, 04:22 PM
he used to always kick our asses.. man.. what a player.. and what a shame. RIP

X-Terminator
07-04-2009, 04:26 PM
I honestly can't believe it. I don't think I've ever heard of anything in his personal life that was questionable and could have led to this, if it is in fact a murder-suicide. What a damn shame.

NEPAsteeler
07-04-2009, 04:29 PM
I always hated when we played this guy. He always seemed like an achilles heal to the Steelers.

May he rest in peace. :tombstone

Godfather
07-04-2009, 04:33 PM
I honestly can't believe it. I don't think I've ever heard of anything in his personal life that was questionable and could have led to this, if it is in fact a murder-suicide. What a damn shame.

Saw on another board it's a double homicide. Maybe another Sean Taylor situation.

It's all rumor until the cops can figure out what happened.

tony hipchest
07-04-2009, 04:36 PM
right now they know the 20 year old woman they found dead was a lady who mcnair has been seeing (she's his girlfriend).

its not known if she or he was the murderer.

what is known is that mccnair is a gun owner and known to have them in his car (i think they were both found dead in a vehicle not to far from the appt complex he/she lived at?)

all per sirius.

if it was a double homicide, early reports are that it was made to look like a murder/suicide.

this could mean nothing more than the gun was left behind in one of the victims hands.

either way it sucks he went out like this.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Hard to believe he was only 36...seems like he has been around longer.

Very sad.

klick81
07-04-2009, 04:39 PM
This is insane. I hope this wasn't a suicide, for what it's worth.

Rek
07-04-2009, 04:40 PM
What the hell?!

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-04-2009, 04:51 PM

I seem to remember his being arrested on a DUI/Illegal possession of a firearm charge several years ago....and also a seperate incident in which he was arrested for a DUI in which he was the passenger...due to a strange state law that said if the driver is drunk and the registered owner is in the vehicle, the owner can also be charged.

I will check and see...maybe it was the same incident.

thumper
07-04-2009, 05:35 PM
I can't believe he is dead. Found shot to death, with a woman (also shot to death). Nothing is known about who did it or why.

I can say this: He was often a Steeler killer but he seemed like a good guy from what I could tell. Remember those games where they could never quite get to him - or if the did - he'd pull the ball down and run for 10 yards on 3rd and 8? It used to frustrate the hell out of me.

But now he is gone.

What a shame.

Fire Haley
07-04-2009, 05:52 PM
"Murder suicide" ??? Who told you that?

Try getting some facts before you shoot off your mouth.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair and a woman were found shot to death Saturday inside a residence in Nashville, police said.

Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron confirmed that authorities were called to a condominium and found McNair and a woman shot to death inside. Aaron said police don't yet know the circumstances of the shooting.

"I don't have any answers for you now as to what's happened, who's responsible," he said.

Aaron said police tentatively have identified the woman but did not release her name.

The condominium where the bodies were found is one that McNair was known to frequent, but police spokeswoman Kristin Mumford could not say whether he was the owner.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/6512635.html

------------------------

Nobody knows nuthin.

Unless you were there.

Hines0wnz
07-04-2009, 06:01 PM
RIP Steve

You were a great player and human being.

Fire Haley
07-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Steve McNair was 37 years old. He leaves behind a wife Mechelle and four sons: Junior, Steven, Tyler and Trenton.

So. Who is the woman?

C'mon you brilliant detectives.

SteelCityMan786
07-04-2009, 06:33 PM
May he RIP.

Steeler in Carolina
07-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Very shocking.

MasterOfPuppets
07-04-2009, 06:55 PM
RIP Steve

You were a great player and human being. i'll hold my judgement on that till i find out who killed the young lady....

Fire Haley
07-04-2009, 07:15 PM
ESPN is reporting that his wife is in Mississippi and has been notified so this is another woman.

He just opened a new restaurant a week of so ago.

Aha! This is the source of the "murder/suicide" claim...

It has been retracted.....more crappy reporting

WBIR Editor's note: An earlier version of this story included a report from CNN and Nashville police that McNair's death was being considered a murder/suicide. Since authorities are not releasing any details about a motive, the article was updated to reflect the latest information.

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=92323&catid=2

Godfather
07-04-2009, 07:22 PM
i'll hold my judgement on that till i find out who killed the young lady....

We're not talking about Brandon Marshall or Chris Henry here. McNair should get the benefit of the doubt.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-04-2009, 07:32 PM
"Murder suicide" ??? Who told you that?

Try getting some facts before you shoot off your mouth.

Take a pill and relax...initial reports were that it was a murder- suicide. You need to blame the media instead of "shooting off your mouth"

WBIR Editor's note: An earlier version of this story included a report from CNN and Nashville police that McNair's death was being considered a murder/suicide. Since authorities are not releasing any details about a motive, the article was updated to reflect the latest information.
http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=92323&catid=2

RoethlisBURGHer
07-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Wow, this is shocking.

RIP Steve McNair

Psyychoward86
07-04-2009, 07:55 PM
One of the few men who could truly give the Steelers fits, at least during his prime. We'll miss you man. R.I.P

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-04-2009, 07:57 PM
One earlier report stated that it was the female who shot McNair..

http://www.faniq.com/article/Steve-McNair-killed-by-woman-in-murderhomicide-1734252

Only later did they say that it might be a double homicide....We will all have to wait until the smoke clears before we can sort out what really happened. Such is todays so called "news" reporting.

devilsdancefloor
07-04-2009, 08:36 PM
RIP air mcnair! :tt03:

St33lersguy
07-04-2009, 08:41 PM
RIP Steve McNair. It's ashame he died so young

STEELAMANIA
07-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Love triangles suck.....this shows that nobody is exempt from crap like this.

HometownGal
07-04-2009, 09:39 PM
OMFG how tragic!!!! :jawdrop: I have always admired and respected Steve McNair, not only as a football player, but as a human being. He was very involved with the youngins in Tennessee and was the ultimate warrior. I hated it when the Steelers played against him because he always gave our defenses fits.

Whatever the police find as the cause of his untimely, unfortunate and very sad passing, I will never forget him. :tombstone: Steve - though I'm a Steelers fan til I die, I'll always remember you as the ultimate professional.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-04-2009, 09:40 PM
I quess my most vivid memory of Air McNair was when Harrison had that incredible Monday Night game agaisnt he Ravens...

Harrison ended up with three forced fumbles, 3 1/2 sacks, 1 interception, one fumble recovery, 9 tackels and 6 QB hurries....

I remember McNair having that WTF look on his face and his hands on his hips while looking at his linemen in the huddle... before he was pulled out of the game

MasterOfPuppets
07-04-2009, 10:40 PM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair(notes) was shot multiple times, including once in the head, and a pistol was discovered near the body of the 20-year-old woman found dead with him Saturday in a downtown condominium.

Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron identified the woman as Sahel Kazemi, whom he called a “friend” of McNair’s. She had a single gunshot wound to the head.

Police said the 36-year-old McNair was found on the sofa in the living room, and Kazemi was very close to him on the floor. Aaron said the gun was not “readily apparent” when police first arrived.

Autopsies were planned for Sunday.

Aaron said McNair’s wife, Mechelle, is “very distraught.”

“At this juncture, we do not believe she is involved,” he said. “Nothing has been ruled out, but as far as actively looking for a suspect tonight, the answer would be no.”

The bodies were discovered Saturday afternoon by McNair’s longtime friend Wayne Neeley, who said he rents the condo with McNair.

Aaron said Neeley told authorities he went into the condo, saw McNair on the sofa and Kazemi on the floor but walked first into the kitchen before going back into the living room, where he saw the blood.

Neeley then called a friend, who alerted authorities.

Police said a witness saw McNair arrive at the condo between 1:30 and 2 a.m. Saturday and that Kazemi’s vehicle was already there.

Two days ago, Nashville police arrested Kazemi on a DUI charge while driving a 2007 Escalade registered to her and McNair. McNair was in the front seat, but didn’t break the law and was allowed to leave by taxi.

WTF ??? did he not know the number to 911 ? ...looks like stevie boy was a sugah daddy... his wife probably put out a hit on him...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-mcnairkilled&prov=ap&type=lgns

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Latest reports are that McNair was shot several times and the female had one single shot to the head.

McNair was stranged from his wife and renting the apartment with a friend, who found McNair and his girlfriendm, Sahel Kazemi in the apartment. Sahel and McNair were dating and owned a vehicle together.

Indications would point towards a murder/suicide with McNair's girlfriend being the shooter.

Fire Haley
07-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Take a pill and relax

Don't yell at me...I've been drinking.

KeiselPower99
07-05-2009, 01:00 AM
Wow! I heard this and its just nuts. I always had respect for him and thought he was a great football player. It appears to be a murder suicide and I read somewhere that the lady was arrested the other night and claimed she was high not drunk. So maybe drugs were involved somehow?? Anyways some very sad news.

Fire Haley
07-05-2009, 07:01 AM
Including YOU. You're reading the same news sources as everyone else. He wasn't trying to spread rumors, only repeating what he read from the news. SHAME ON HIM for not being there and telling us exactly what happened.

Go drink another. Next time take a deep breath before you go popping off.

I was going on the 1st post of this thread where NO article was mentioned and NO story was provided. And NO link.
Just a "Hey! look at me" thread with "murder/suicide" being the only info.

Obviously trying to smear the dead McNair as the murderer.

That's how I saw it.

Now all you weak kneed sisters can pile on.

Fire Haley
07-05-2009, 07:19 AM
According to this:

http://news.lalate.com/2009/07/04/sahel-kazemi-photo/

She was 20 years old, her name was Sahel Kazemi.

http://www.televisioninternet.com/news/pictures/sahel-Kazemi-photo.jpg

Reports say Kazemi had a new black Cadillac Escalade that he bought and registered to both their names. Two days before her death she was arrested for DUI in the SUV.
McNair posted her bail.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-05-2009, 07:20 AM
I was going on the 1st post of this thread where NO article was mentioned and NO story was provided. And NO link.

That's how I saw it.

You have to be sober by now....:doh:

interpreting the "cop-speak"...it still sounds like she was the shooter...but we will have to wait until the official investigation is over.

Galax Steeler
07-05-2009, 07:30 AM
What a shame. I always cringed when we had to play against him. May he R.I.P

stillers4me
07-05-2009, 08:02 AM
When are these guys ever going to learn.....nothing good ever comes from infidelity. Politicians, athletes, celebrities. My heart goes out to his wife and kids. It's hard enough to learn of the betrayal but to learn it this way....... (sigh).

HometownGal
07-05-2009, 08:15 AM
You have to be sober by now....:doh:

interpreting the "cop-speak"...it still sounds like she was the shooter...but we will have to wait until the official investigation is over.

I am hearing and reading so many different accounts of what really happened and I agree - until the investigation is finished, we really aren't going to know what happened and why.

I'm with stillers4me here - nothing good ever seems to come out of infidelity with those in the limelight, as usually, the grass really isn't greener on the other side as Steve McNair quite possibily learned with his own life. I feel awful about his death, but I feel worse about how his wife and children had to learn about it and how they are going to cope with it. I pray that God comforts them.

stlrtruck
07-05-2009, 08:26 AM
McNair was the guy you hated because he was that darn good. He was a true icon of the old school NFL. Played through pain, played hurt, and found ways to win!

Prayers for his family!

fansince'76
07-05-2009, 08:29 AM
Thoughts and prayers out to both families that are affected by this. RIP to them both. :tombstone

wootawnee
07-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Ode to Air Mcnair.......
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bFL31wbGc1H5/610x.jpg
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/CardImages/Cards/019/337/03F.jpg
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/football_pro/news/2001/11/04/nfl_week8/4.jpg
http://nbcsportsmedia3.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/2082000/2082509.hlarge.jpg
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_277d_UiZClw/SRxl0IwuxVI/AAAAAAAACeY/aNn7DDcuqu0/1994-09-26+Steve+McNair.jpg

Fire Haley
07-05-2009, 10:17 AM
When are these guys ever going to learn.....nothing good ever comes from infidelity..

Like I been telling you kids - being a sugar daddy ain't easy.
Things get messy.

Preacher
07-05-2009, 11:07 AM
It really is sad...

and yes, now a murder-suicide is being reported.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2009/07/04/2009-07-04_former_nfl_quarterback_steve_mcnair_found_shot_ dead_in_nashville_report.html

tony hipchest
07-05-2009, 12:17 PM
since the media reports are slow its time for some fine internet detective work.

heres what we know. the 20 year old waitress (dave and busters), was a friend of mcnairs and was arrested last thursday for dui. mcnair bailed her out. they were both found dead in a condo that may or may not have been both of theirs.

"waitress" = code for aspiring stripper at a gentlemans club.

her mugshot has skank written all over it, and it is likely she had a nice little horse or meth habit.

steve had her set up with an apartment and escalade so he pop in for secretive booty-calls whenever he pleased.

either this girl started to get attached, or he realized she was psycho and he was playing with fire. he tried to cut her off and end the relationship.

she flipped, but calmly went into the bedroom and grabbed her gat, blasted him (im gonna say from behind and he never saw it coming).

she then ate a bullet herself. a gun fired inside her mouth w/o any signs of struggle would explain why they arent looking for any suspects.

case solved.

the thing that is murky is if he was still living at home or if him and his wife were separated (the media is calling the crime scene his condo). either way it seems he knew he made a mistake with this girl and was gonna end it.

i definitely feel for his wife and kids who may never have the answers they need for closure.

and i will still wear his jersey cause i thought he was a bad ass football player.

Fire Haley
07-05-2009, 12:26 PM
"Case solved"

Maybe not - Apparently when the chick got pulled over a couple days ago, she refused a breath test and said "I'm not drunk, I'm high."

Drug deal gone bad?

Ex-jilted lover of hers find them out?

Jealous wife pays for the hit and the crime scene is staged?

The only thing they are giving the public is....

"She died by a single gun shot to her head. But police are now revealing the critical detail - the gun was found next to her body, not McNair’s."

tony hipchest
07-05-2009, 01:10 PM
the bloodshot eyes and saying she was high definitely suggests she was a pothead as opposed to a crackwh0re.

but people with cash to burn usually pay up for their drugs as opposed to ripping a dealer off. especially for pot.

i initially thought of the ex jilted lover scenario but this dude doesnt sound like a murderer-

ith a brand new Cadillac Escalade she said was a gift from her boyfriend.

"She is the sweetest girl, and she did not deserve this," Kazemi's ex-beau, Keith Norfleet, told the newspaper upon learning of her death. "He was making her believe they were going to be together, and everything would be perfect."

the wife sounds too distraught and fred mcnair along with other members of steves family are rushing out to be with her. if they dont suspect her, neither can i. i think we will learn they were trying to reconcile.

no smoke anywhere else and the fire seems contained w/in the condo.

the murdering skank is seen as guilty in the court of tony.

steve was a legend there in nashville. me thinks the cops wrap this case up pretty quick. no sense in digging up dirt (thats the medias job).

MasterOfPuppets
07-05-2009, 01:25 PM
the best way to cover up a double homicide is to make it look like a murder / suicide ...just sayin..:noidea:

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-05-2009, 01:59 PM
since the media reports are slow its time for some fine internet detective work.

Not to be morbid...but let me apply some of my training to the situation so that the forum may have some idea as to what may be happening.

We can say with some confidence that McNair and his wife were, at the very least, estranged based on two facts.

1) The apartment in which he was found, was described as one that McNair shared with the friend who found the two bodies.

2) Having a car in BOTH his name and the name of his girlfriend suggests that he wasnt trying to hide the relationship. (A hidden affair would be more likely if the vehicle was bought by McNair but in her name only)

We can say with some confidence that unless some other facts are presented, that one of the two parties was the shooter based on two facts

1) Generally, cops will talk "too quickly" to the media...until supervision tells them to shut up, so in some cases initial reports can tell quite a bit about what the trained officers saw at the scene,

2) Generally if there is a third party shooter, someone in the neighborhood would have already spilled the beans about the investigative teams asking questions along that line...(and the media is usually pretty savy about picking up those hints)

We can say with confidence that McNair was not the shooter.

1) Never heard of a suicide in which the shooter shot himself repeatedly in various spots.

2) A single shot to one of the parties, with the murder weapon left on scene is usually an indication that they are the shooter. (For the record, women rarely put the gun in their mouths...police psychologists suggest that most are inherently too vain to not "present" a nice looking corpse...the gunshot will have been to the temple)

The profile that Nashville police will initially be looking at is:
This has all the earmarks of a "lover" who found out she was about to be spurned and all her "dreams" spiraled into one passionate and violent event.

tony hipchest
07-05-2009, 02:51 PM
This has all the earmarks of a "lover" who found out she was about to be spurned and all her "dreams" spiraled into one passionate and violent event.

gotta say, your take seems spot on.

makes alot more sense than a homicide cover-up. rarely can a dumb ass criminal commit the "perfect crime" (which is what this would be).

there woulda been some sign of a struggle or the person shot last woulda atleast escaped out of the room.

im thinking forensics will show she was shot with the gun pressed to her head, and has gunpowder residue on her hand.

HometownGal
07-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Imho - and this is JUST an opinion - I believe with all of the evidence out there thus far, it is a safe bet to say that this was a murder/suicide based on the "jilted lover" scenario. :shake02:

Steel_12
07-05-2009, 02:53 PM
When are these guys ever going to learn.....nothing good ever comes from infidelity. Politicians, athletes, celebrities. My heart goes out to his wife and kids. It's hard enough to learn of the betrayal but to learn it this way....... (sigh).

If he was separated from his wife, it isn't infidelity

HometownGal
07-05-2009, 03:29 PM

Not necessarily. He was still legally married at the time of his death and all states view "infidelity" in different lights.

No one really knows at this point what was going on in McNair's personal life. He and his wife had a farm in Mississippi where she and the kids were at the time of his death, while he had a restaurant (and shared a condo with a male friend) in Nashville and was spending a lot of time in that area (obviously for more than peeling potatoes and tossing salad).

lilyoder6
07-05-2009, 04:02 PM
i see it a murder/suicide as well... with steve being shot 4 times, and then the girl with 1 shot to the head and the gun under her body... it leans that way...

and like anything else.. he prob said it was over and she didn't want the money to go away

Steel_12
07-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Not necessarily. He was still legally married at the time of his death and all states view "infidelity" in different lights.

No one really knows at this point what was going on in McNair's personal life. He and his wife had a farm in Mississippi where she and the kids were at the time of his death, while he had a restaurant (and shared a condo with a male friend) in Nashville and was spending a lot of time in that area (obviously for more than peeling potatoes and tossing salad).

Did it say that he was still legally married or that it was his wife? Because they could be legally separated and she'll still be his wife.

tony hipchest
07-05-2009, 04:54 PM

...and if he wasnt separated from his wife, it is infidelity.

brilliant observation! :applaudit:

:rolleyes:

Fordy
07-05-2009, 04:55 PM

That's how I saw it.

I dont recall accusing Mcnair of murder in my original post..I do remember using the word "apparent" though. I also remember saying that I could not provide a link and that I heard the news from a friend way before cnn, espn or whoever esle started covering the story..SORRY ILL NEVER MAKE THE MISTAKE OF POSTING SOMETHING WITHOUT A LINK EVER AGAIN!!!:wave: ILL keep all my privy inside info to myself and wont share anything to all the fellow football fans on the board all in the name of making you happy, Killer.:hatsoff:

Fordy
07-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Ode to Air Mcnair.......
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bFL31wbGc1H5/610x.jpg
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/CardImages/Cards/019/337/03F.jpg
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/football_pro/news/2001/11/04/nfl_week8/4.jpg
http://nbcsportsmedia3.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/2082000/2082509.hlarge.jpg
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_277d_UiZClw/SRxl0IwuxVI/AAAAAAAACeY/aNn7DDcuqu0/1994-09-26+Steve+McNair.jpg

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts__16/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-715580013-1246770448.jpg?ymQkchBD.Gpwf1Da

Fire Haley
07-05-2009, 05:32 PM
SORRY ILL NEVER MAKE THE MISTAKE OF POSTING SOMETHING WITHOUT A LINK EVER AGAIN!!!:wave: :

My work here is done.

I love you too man.

Fire Haley
07-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Kazemi's sister: "She would never kill anyone, ever"

She doesn't believe her sister killed McNair, or herself.

"She was one, young girl who had so many dreams that they never came true," Salmani said. "She would never kill anyone, ever. Or anything. Not even a little bug. I want people to know that."

Salmani said she talked to her sister nearly every day, and that she'd been hearing about McNair for several months, since he started coming to Dave & Busters and chatting her up.

"He started to talk to her a little," Salmani said. "They exchanged phone numbers, and started dating from there."

Kazemi told her sister that McNair was in the process of divorcing.

"That's why she was like, 'OK, now you're divorcing. We can date,'" Salmani said. "He told her, it was going to be finished, the whole divorce was going to be done, two weeks from yesterday."

Although a check of Davidson County's court records shows there is no divorce pending — at least in Nashville — McNair's house is for sale. His wife, Mechelle McNair, hasn't spoken to the media. Police said she is distraught over his death.

Salmani said her sister believed that she and McNair would move in together once the divorce was final, and eventually marry.

"All she was trying to do was have fun," Salmani said. "Nothing else. I believe there is a third person involved."

Kazemi first came to Nashville nearly four years ago with her then-boyfriend, Keith Norfleet. They broke up about five months ago, and she started seeing McNair soon after.

She probably didn't know who McNair was, Salmani said, until her colleagues at the restaurant told her. Salmani now fears McNair was using her sister, because she was a young woman with a pretty face.

She fears jealous people in his life are the reason her sister is dead, and won't live out her dreams.

Her greatest dream, Salmani said, was to be famous.

"I think she is now," she said. "She is everywhere."

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090705/NEWS03/90705013/Kazemi+s+sister

--------------------------------

Interesting comments at the end

1. ex-boyfriend
2. the wife
3. the father (or relative) of the girl

The Patriot
07-05-2009, 06:19 PM
She obviously did it. The police just need forensic evidence to prove it. The fact that they're not searching for any suspects is a clear indicator. It's just like what happened to Phil Hartman.

tony hipchest
07-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Interesting comments at the end

1. ex-boyfriend
2. the wife
3. the father (or relative) of the girl

rule #1 - never trust a man named after 2 penises i.e. jimmy johnson, richard hardon, harry wang, etc.

rule #2 - never trust a girl named salami, or tubesteak, or meatroll.

im even more convinced than ever her sister was a psychobitch.

which was it? was she just looking to "have fun"

or was she just looking to "be famous" and "marry him"? :dualies:

case closed.

BehindSteelCurtain
07-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Sad way to die.

steel striker
07-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Very sad and, like many others I hated when we would have to play against Steve he would just about always get the best of us. I liked and respected him and, this is just ashame. Prayers going out to all that are involved.

JPPT1974
07-05-2009, 07:45 PM
RIP Steve, you will be missed! :(

lilyoder6
07-05-2009, 09:08 PM
if there was a 3rd person.. u would of thought the girl would of tried to run when the supposingly 3rd person shot mcnair 4 times..

and then was smart enough to put the gun underneath her body...

meelanova
07-06-2009, 06:27 AM
rule #1 - never trust a man named after 2 penises i.e. jimmy johnson, richard hardon, harry wang, etc.

rule #2 - never trust a girl named salami, or tubesteak, or meatroll.

im even more convinced than ever her sister was a psychobitch.

which was it? was she just looking to "have fun"

or was she just looking to "be famous" and "marry him"? :dualies:

case closed.

Agreed.

Galax Steeler
07-06-2009, 06:43 AM
if there was a 3rd person.. u would of thought the girl would of tried to run when the supposingly 3rd person shot mcnair 4 times..

and then was smart enough to put the gun underneath her body...

I think they were going to test and see if she had any residue on her hands if she pulled the trigger then it will show up.

The_WARDen
07-06-2009, 07:17 AM
aaahhh...the ole, seriously baby I'm getting a divorce routine. Just another athlete that couldn't keep it in his pants. Sadly, it ended in tragedy.

Fire Haley
07-06-2009, 08:28 AM
As I was saying...

Tenn. police call it a homocide - not sure who the perp is yet....

Tenn. police rule ex-QB McNair's death a homicide

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Shot twice in the head and two more times in the chest, former NFL quarterback Steve McNair was the victim of a homicide, police declared Sunday. But authorities wouldn't say it was a murder-suicide — even with his 20-year-old girlfriend dead at his feet from a single bullet.

McNair had been dating Sahel Kazemi for several months, and Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron said Sunday that a semiautomatic pistol was found under her body. She was shot in the head.

McNair, who was married with four sons, had a permit to carry a handgun in Tennessee, and he was arrested once before with a 9mm weapon although charges in the case were dropped. Police said they had not yet determined who owned the gun found at the scene.

Investigators weren't looking for a suspect but were questioning friends of the couple as well as Kazemi's ex-boyfriend. They were also waiting for results of drug and other laboratory tests before deciding whether McNair was killed in a lovers' quarrel.

"That's a very important part of the investigation as we work to ultimately classify Miss Kazemi's death," Aaron said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5grrYbARZsg3ruEAqycFPRfNu2EjwD998LVSG1

HometownGal
07-06-2009, 08:39 AM
I think they were going to test and see if she had any residue on her hands if she pulled the trigger then it will show up.

Ding, ding, ding - we have a winner! :applaudit:

I would be absolutely shocked if it turns out this bimbo didn't kill him and turn the gun on herself.

KeiselPower99
07-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Just found this over on theredzone.org from the New York Daily News.

The wife of slain quarterback Steve McNair may have only learned about the gridiron star's affair with a gorgeous young woman after the clandestine couple's grisly deaths, sources close to the football player said Sunday.

"She's blindsided by this," one source said of Mechelle McNair, who was holed up in her family's home just 6 miles from the condo her husband used to bed his mistress. "She's crushed. Her whole world is shattered."

Nashville cops confirmed that Steve McNair, 36, was killed by four bullets fired at close range, two of which hit him in the head, and ruled his death a homicide.

His lover, Sahel Kazemi, 20, died of a single gunshot from the same semiautomatic found on the floor under her body, police also said.

They stopped short of calling the slayings a murder-suicide carried out by Kazemi, but said they are not looking for any suspects.

Cops ruled McNair's death a homicide and have not ruled on Kazemi's death, citing the need for more tests.

Kazemi and McNair, a dad of four boys, were dating for several months, friends told cops; McNair apparently kept the affair a secret from his wife.

Photos obtained by TMZ.com show a smiling McNair parasailing on a recent tropical vacation with the curvy Kazemi, whom he met as she waitressed at a Dave & Buster's sports bar.

"He started to talk to her a little," Kazemi's aunt Sepideh Salmani told The Tennessean newspaper. "They exchanged phone numbers, and started dating from there."

Salmani said her beautiful, raven-haired niece believed that McNair was in the process of getting a divorce.

Kazemi's sister told The Florida Times-Union of Jacksonville that Kazemi had expected to wed McNair.

"She said they were planning to get married," Soheyla Kazemi told the paper."

County records do not indicate that a divorce is pending, but the McNair family home is up for sale for $3 million.

Investigators said McNair had been drinking at a pair of Nashville bars - Blue Moon Lagoon Bar and Loser's Bar - into the early-morning hours of Saturday and then returned to the downtown condo he shared with a pal.

Although neighbors have not reported hearing gunshots, cops believe McNair and Kazemi died about 2 a.m., nearly 12 hours before their bodies were found.

There was no sign of forced entry at the condo, and investigators are checking whether the couple had been having a "lovers' quarrel," cops said.

It was not immediately known whom the pistol belonged to, although McNair did have a permit to carry a gun, police said.

Kazemi, who was raised by an aunt in Florida after her parents were killed in Iran, moved to Nashville with her ex-boyfriend, Keith Norfleet.

Norfleet, whom investigators want to interview, had a "volatile" relationship with Kazemi but was trying to win her back from McNair, Norfleet's stepmother said.

"They had a lot of jealousy in their relationship and they'd fight and break up a lot," said Trudie Norfleet. "He loved her. ... He's awful torn up about it."

The quarterback, renowned in Nashville for his extensive work in the community, rented the condo overlooking the Titans stadium with sporting goods dealer Wayne Neeley, who called McNair's best friend after seeing the bodies sprawled on a couch.

"It's a picture I'll never get out of my head," a weeping Robert Gaddy told the Daily News. "It's the most terrible sight I've ever seen."

"This was a great man, a man who'd do anything for you," said Gaddy, who had been friends with the Heisman finalist since meeting him at Alcorn State University.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2009/07/06/2009-07-06_untitled__3mcnair06m.html#ixzz0KUTRPzSP&C

Dino 6 Rings
07-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Dating Crazy Younger Women when you are Already Married is NEVER a good idea.

Ever.

Fire Haley
07-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Dating Crazy Younger Women when you are Already Married is NEVER a good idea.

Ever.

Oh I wouldn't say that. It worked for me, I survived.

That's how I found my crazy 12 yrs younger ex-wife #2, while she was still married too.

The midnight meetings in smoky bars, hot stuff........living on the edge baby.

Now I lead a pure life.

Psyychoward86
07-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Oh.......boy. Everytime we take pity on these deceased people it seems like they had it coming..

redst3
07-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Yahoo! Article about McNair's "Dark Side," advance apologies if this was posted further up the thread.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-mcnairkilled&prov=ap&type=lgns

The_WARDen
07-06-2009, 01:20 PM
I think the Miss Scarlet did it in the billiard room with a candestick!

Dino 6 Rings
07-06-2009, 02:05 PM
"no worry baby, I'm gonna take care of you...yes I'm going to leave my wife...yeah...now give me some sugar"

later

"hey baby, it ain't working out, I plan on getting back with my wife and making things work out with my family"

Bang Bang, she shot him down, Bang Bang, he hit the ground, Bang Bang, that awful sound, Bang Bang, his baby shot him down.

BlastFurnace
07-06-2009, 02:12 PM
His poor children. That's who I feel sorry for the most in the entire situation.

MasterOfPuppets
07-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Kazemi and McNair, a dad of four boys, were dating for several months, friends told cops; McNair apparently kept the affair a secret from his wife. see ? nothing good can come from keeping secrets in a relationship....:nono:

The_WARDen
07-06-2009, 03:35 PM
His poor children. That's who I feel sorry for the most in the entire situation.

The ONLY silver lining is that if he had sons, now maybe their mom can remarry a man who'll make a good role model.

SteelersinCA
07-06-2009, 03:58 PM
My bet is he won't be so pure as they make him out to be when all is said and done.

stillers4me
07-06-2009, 04:56 PM
O.J. did it.

tony hipchest
07-06-2009, 05:42 PM
so the psycho bitch bought the second hand gun last thursday. looks like she had murder on her mind.

i agree with LLT (good call on the gunshot being to the temple). if she just had suicide on the brain, it most likely woulda been with pills or a razor.

BurghBoyz86
07-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Top 5 games by Steve McNair against the Pittsburgh Steelers http://bit.ly/9DvEX

Pretty cool (and painful haha) trip down memory lane

AllD
07-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Maybe she switched seats with him and took the DUI rap. Then he just treated her as another piece of ass? Just specualtion.

Steel_12
07-06-2009, 10:10 PM
...and if he wasnt separated from his wife, it is infidelity.

brilliant observation! :applaudit:

:rolleyes:

STFU...seriously.

Steel_12
07-06-2009, 10:17 PM
The ONLY silver lining is that if he had sons, now maybe their mom can remarry a man who'll make a good role model.

I'm sure they thought he was a good role model before all of this came out...that's what matters. If nobody knew about the affair, then how could they think he wasn't a good role model?

tony hipchest
07-06-2009, 10:50 PM
STFU...seriously.

who are you?

lilyoder6
07-06-2009, 11:36 PM
well it looks like a done deal...

was watching espn.. and police came out and said the 3 of 4 shots to mcnair was from 3 ft...

and the shot to the girls head was connected... which means she put it to her face and killed herself

SteelersGirlTN7
07-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Maybe she switched seats with him and took the DUI rap. Then he just treated her as another piece of ass? Just specualtion.

Can't find the link I read it on earlier right now, but in reference to what you're saying ...

the cop that arrested her was the SAME cop that charged him 2 years ago in the incident w/ his brother in law ...

McNair wasn't even listed on the original cop report either apparently; he was allowed to take a taxi home and then proceed to bail her out later ..

Thats just not right ..

Fire Haley
07-07-2009, 07:57 AM
Poor guy - with his millions, he could of bought dozens of honest hookers a month.

But no, he wanted a pet.

Let this be a lesson to you - why buy the book when there's a lending library in town.

Steel_12
07-07-2009, 12:27 PM
who are you?

I'm a husband, father, son, brother, uncle and soldier...who the fukk are you?!

Dino 6 Rings
07-07-2009, 12:41 PM

Take it easy Steel_12.

No need to lose your cool.

Get home safely.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Not to be morbid...but let me apply some of my training to the situation so that the forum may have some idea as to what may be happening.

We can say with some confidence that McNair and his wife were, at the very least, estranged based on two facts.

1) The apartment in which he was found, was described as one that McNair shared with the friend who found the two bodies.

2) Having a car in BOTH his name and the name of his girlfriend suggests that he wasnt trying to hide the relationship. (A hidden affair would be more likely if the vehicle was bought by McNair but in her name only)

We can say with some confidence that unless some other facts are presented, that one of the two parties was the shooter based on two facts

1) Generally, cops will talk "too quickly" to the media...until supervision tells them to shut up, so in some cases initial reports can tell quite a bit about what the trained officers saw at the scene,

2) Generally if there is a third party shooter, someone in the neighborhood would have already spilled the beans about the investigative teams asking questions along that line...(and the media is usually pretty savy about picking up those hints)

We can say with confidence that McNair was not the shooter.

1) Never heard of a suicide in which the shooter shot himself repeatedly in various spots.

2) A single shot to one of the parties, with the murder weapon left on scene is usually an indication that they are the shooter. (For the record, women rarely put the gun in their mouths...police psychologists suggest that most are inherently too vain to not "present" a nice looking corpse...the gunshot will have been to the temple)

Spot on.

Very sad.

Steel_12
07-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Take it easy Steel_12.

No need to lose your cool.

Get home safely.

I'm as cool as a fan...

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Fire Haley
07-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Kuwait? Doha?

I did my best shopping at the gold shops in Fahaheel.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/167213678_878b4f9e93.jpg

SteelersMongol
07-07-2009, 08:08 PM
R.I.P. ex-worthy opponent.

SteelersMongol
07-07-2009, 08:12 PM
STFU...seriously.

Hey man. U should chill. I don't know what upset U, but I'm pretty positive if U guys actually knew each other in person U would've liked each other. :thumbsup:

Steel_12
07-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Kuwait? Doha?

I did my best shopping at the gold shops in Fahaheel.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/167213678_878b4f9e93.jpg

I wish I could go off base but I can't. Not in Doha...close to KC

tony hipchest
07-08-2009, 05:01 PM
looks like this case is about to be wrapped up. she was telling friends and co-workers she was ready to "end it all".

http://tennessean.com/article/20090708/NEWS03/90708043

Police have determined that Sahel Kazemi murdered former Titans quarterback Steve McNair last weekend with four shots while he was asleep on the couch, then sat down next to him and shot herself in the temple.

Serpas said Kazemi shot McNair in the right temple. That was followed quickly with two shots to the chest from about two to four feet away. Then she shot him in the left temple, which Serpas said was a "contact shot" within two inches from his head.

Then she sat next to him on the couch, Serpas said, in such a way that police believe she tried to stage her suicide to fall into his lap. She shot herself in the temple. Police think she fell into McNair's lap, then gravity pulled her to the floor.

Psyychoward86
07-08-2009, 05:03 PM
looks like this case is about to be wrapped up. she was telling friends and co-workers she was ready to "end it all".

http://tennessean.com/article/20090708/NEWS03/90708043

Not a hero's death, but at least he went peacefully. Damn you Sahel Kazemi.

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Man, that sucks!!!

Pro athlete or not, it just isnt right. On the other side of the coin, I guess it is just another sad case of why you shouldn't step out on your wife...but we dont know the whole story.

tony hipchest
07-08-2009, 06:15 PM
that bitch was pretty twisted to shoot him in each temple. talk about overkill.

theres no bright sides, but im glad he wasnt the one who turned out to be the suicidal murderer.

fordfan485
07-08-2009, 08:51 PM
I keep on hearing how the news says she bought the gun on Thursday, isn't she only 20 years old, you cant buy a handgun till your 21 how would they know she bought it if it was acquired illegally.

HometownGal
07-09-2009, 07:19 AM
What a crazy bitch. :screwy: I hope she rots in hell. :mad: While I don't condone infidelity, this wacko robbed 4 children of their father. I only hope and pray that Mechelle McNair and the children are able to find some peace one day.

:tombstone: Steve.

klick81
07-09-2009, 09:49 AM
I keep on hearing how the news says she bought the gun on Thursday, isn't she only 20 years old, you cant buy a handgun till your 21 how would they know she bought it if it was acquired illegally.

I believe TN law states you must be 18+ to purchase & possess a fire arm (not concealed carry though).

tony hipchest
07-09-2009, 10:12 AM
you need to be 21 to buy a pistol and 21 for a carriers permit. she was illegal and bought the 9 milli from an aquaintance for $100 bucks.

Fire Haley
07-09-2009, 10:19 AM
you need to be 21 to buy a pistol and 21 for a carriers permit. she was illegal and bought the 9 milli from an aquaintance for $100 bucks.

Total bullcrap. Know your state laws.

http://crime.about.com/od/gunlawsbystate/a/gunlaws_tn.htm

Tennessee gun laws - you have to be 18 or older to buy a handgun.

tony hipchest
07-09-2009, 10:51 AM
dont yell at me. im not drunk yet.

just figured nashvilles largest paper would know their own laws-

http://tennessean.com/article/20090706/NEWS03/90706040/Sahel+Kazemi+bought+gun+found+at+McNair+crime+scen e++police+say+

Federal law prohibits anyone under 21 from purchasing a handgun from a licensed dealer.

Kazemi did not have a carry permit; Tennessee requires a person to be 21 to have carry permit.

Fire Haley
07-09-2009, 12:38 PM
To purchase from a FFL (that's Federal Firearms License - dealers) - yes, you have to be 21, NOT from a private sale.
TN State law says18 is still legal to own handgun.

State law does not restrict selling handguns to people under the age of 21 by unlicensed sellers. Under federal law, only federally licensed dealers are prohibited from selling or delivering handguns or ammunition for handguns to any person under the age of 21.

You DO have to be 21 for a concealed handgun carry license

http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/TNSL.pdf

All the gun laws - state by state.

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/#?st=TN

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
07-10-2009, 12:34 PM
McNair was a busy guy... so many girlfriends so little time.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2009/07/09/2009-07-09_news_learns_steve_mcnair_had_longtime_affair_wi th_a_stripper.html

Even as fans filed into the Tennessee Titans' LP Field Thursday, staring raptly at rolling video of Steve McNair's on-field heroics and writing condolence messages in large albums, a woman in Minnesota grieved alone, in her own way.

The former business manager of a Minneapolis strip club told the Daily News that McNair had been a frequent visitor to the club and had an intimate and extramarital relationship with an exotic dancer for about six years.

"She liked money and athletes," the former business manager said on condition of anonymity. "She went out with athletes before. She was one of those girls who said, 'You're married? You have kids? So what?' Lets have fun.

"I can tell you that she was very upset when she learned that he had died," the former business manager added.

While the pretty brunette mourned privately, Titans fans turned out Thursday to pay their last respects to the quarterback who became the face of the team after the Houston Oilers relocated to Nashville in 1997. Large crowds jammed into the Lewis & Wright Funeral Home in working-class north Nashville early Thursday morning to get a glimpse of the closed silver casket that contained his body.

Thousands more - many wearing blue Tennessee jerseys sporting McNair's No.9 - attended the tribute at the Titans' stadium and a visitation and service at Mount Zion Baptist Church in White Creek, Tenn., remembering McNair for his football prowess and for his years of local charity work.

"The whole community is in mourning for Steve," Tennessee State Rep. Brenda Gilmour said earlier this week. Gilmour, who represents north Nashville, said McNair had recently opened a breakfast-and-lunch restaurant in her district to provide jobs and inexpensive meals to her constituents.

"He had the kind of personality that made you feel like a member of the family as soon as you met him," she said.

Titans coach Jeff Fisher joined McNair's former teammates, including Al Del Greco and Jevon Kearse, at the funeral home early Thursday to say goodbye to McNair and spend a moment with his wife, Mechelle, and their four children.

"He wasn't an overly vocal leader, but you knew every single play and every single snap that he was going to be there to help us win," Del Greco remembered.

Nashville police said on Wednesday that McNair was fatally shot four times on the Fourth of July by his 20-year-old lover as he slept on a sofa in the downtown Nashville condo he rented with a friend. The woman, Sahel Kazemi, then turned the 9-mm semiautomatic she had purchased two days earlier on herself.

Kazemi had been pulled over on suspicion of driving under the influence two days earlier, with McNair and the manager of McNair's restaurant in the passenger seats of the Cadillac Escalade the retired NFL star had helped her purchase. McNair, who declined to speak to Kazemi while the officer conducted his investigation, later bailed his girlfriend out of jail.

Kazemi had told her family that McNair planned to divorce his wife and live with her, but the DUI arrest incident seemed to solidify Kazemi's fear that the relationship - and her hold on the wealth and glamour that came with dating a football star - was falling apart.

According to police, Kazemi also believed McNair had been seeing yet another woman who wasn't his wife, and had followed the woman out of McNair's condo, although she did not confront her.

If that weren't enough, Kazemi was also apparently having money troubles. Last Thursday at about 5 p.m., several hours after the arrest, Kazemi placed an ad on Craig's List to sell her furniture - including the same living-room sofa on which Kazemi and McNair would die. Shortly after placing the ad, Kazemi met a man interested in buying another car she owned in the parking lot of Dave & Buster's, the restaurant where she worked. The man didn't buy the car, a Kia, but he did sell Sahemi the gun she used to shoot McNair and herself for $100.

Kazemi was born in Iran but moved to Turkey and then Jacksonville, Fla., when she was a little girl, after her mother's death. She was 16 when she moved to Nashville with then-boyfriend Keith Norfleet.

Friends describe her as a fun and vivacious young woman, but by last Friday, Kazemi, known as Jenny to friends, was telling a friend that her life was "a ball of ---" and "I should just end it."

McNair's death pulled back the veil on the secret lives of athletes, the ballplayers who are faithful husbands and fathers in public but have lovers and clandestine apartments on the side. But unlike Kazemi, the exotic dancer who dated McNair for six years knew how the game was played.

She had no illusions that he would leave his wife for her. "They had an understanding," the former business manager said.

"He was sitting in the VIP section of the club when she first met him. She made a beeline for him. She knew who he was. There are girls like that in clubs all over the country. They know sports and they know athletes," he added.

"He would give her money for her rent or her car payments, or he would pay for plane tickets," the former business manager said. "She'd spend weekends with him. He would call and say, 'I'm going to be in Baltimore or Chicago or wherever. Why don't you meet me there?' Everything was always first-class."

The dancer may have first been attracted to McNair's fame and wealth, but she soon became fond of his big smile and warm personality.

"He had a great personality," the ex-business manager said. "Very nice guy. Very respectful, whether you were a millionaire or a dancer or a bartender."

The dancer knew she wasn't McNair's only lover, but that doesn't make the heartbreak that came from his death any less real. "She really cared for him," the former business manager said. "He was not perfect, but he was a good guy."

klick81
07-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Hmm...reading/hearing about all of this must be a joy for his wife and kids. Wow.

lilyoder6
07-10-2009, 01:30 PM
man.. this guy def had a busy schedule...

must of been hard 2 keep them all in check

HometownGal
07-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Very sad and heartbreaking, I'm sure, for his wife and kids to learn of his "extracirricular" activities in the manner they did. :shake02: He isn't the only athlete to be wearing "two (or three or four) hats" and he won't be the last, but Steve McNair did not deserve to be brutally murdered the way he was. :tombstone:

Kazemi was born in Iran but moved to Turkey

Common sense 101 - never, EVER trust an Ishkabibble.

steelreserve
07-12-2009, 05:38 AM
Yeah, dude, I mean seriously. If she was going to do this, why not just strap on a vest and suicide bomb the place like she was supposed to. It would've cleared things up a couple days faster, that's for sure.