PDA

View Full Version : History of the Terrible Towel

Stlrs4Life
01-14-2006, 09:24 AM
http://www.steelersfever.com/terrible_towel.html

Sharkissle29
01-14-2006, 11:52 AM
good read. just wondering, doesn anyone have a video of a playoff game where you see 60 some thousand terrible towels waving? its quite a site, and i miss it this year :redface:

clevestinks
01-14-2006, 02:34 PM
There is only one towel in the NFL " The Terrible Towel" all immitators Go Home!

Colts get out your crying towel

Hammer67
01-14-2006, 04:24 PM
I have the Complete History DVD set and the Jerome Bettis segment has him from last year's Jets playoff game talking to Duce on the sideline. He was commenting on all the Terrible Towels. It pans back and the whole stadium is twirling gold.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Yeah thats a great writeup.. Ive read a few times at work.

The Terrible Towel is an icon forever.

Suitanim
01-14-2006, 04:35 PM
There are a good number for regular season games, but some of us old-schoolers stick to the "playoff only" rule (Which I broke for the Bengals game)...almost every fan in the stadium has one for the playoffs...

SteelerzGirl
01-14-2006, 05:12 PM
Thanks for digging that up, Stlrs4Life... It's always nice to go back to our Terrible Towel roots. :smile:

Ambridge
01-14-2006, 06:06 PM
There are a good number for regular season games, but some of us old-schoolers stick to the "playoff only" rule (Which I broke for the Bengals game)...almost every fan in the stadium has one for the playoffs...

I have a few Terrible Towels but I don't use them.
Every time I've gone to a Steeler game and took my towel the Steelers have lost so I just let my wife do all of the towel waving.

However, believe it or not I've never waved or held my Terrible Towel while watching a Steelers game at home so maybe tomorrow I'll do something different for the Colts game.

Don't forget like Myron said the Terrible Towel only promises miracles and good fortune in Playoff games.

Suitanim
01-14-2006, 06:10 PM
I have a few Terrible Towels but I don't use them.
Every time I've gone to a Steeler game and took my towel the Steelers have lost so I just let my wife do all of the towel waving.

However, believe it or not I've never waved or held my Terrible Towel while watching a Steelers game at home so maybe tomorrow I'll do something different for the Colts game.

Don't forget like Myron said the Terrible Towel only promises miracles and good fortune in Playoff games.

I used to feel that way...I left my first terrible towel at JB's Sports Bar in Orlando, FL after the loss on SB XXX (not on purpose, I was just really drunk) and I was reluctant to ever use one again.

Tobe
01-15-2006, 07:02 AM
Nice read...never get tired of stuff like that.