PDA

View Full Version : McNair's biggest games vs. Pitt

thumper
07-06-2009, 02:33 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-14024-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Examiner~y2009m7d6-Top-five-most-memorable-games-Steve-McNair-vs-Pittsburgh-Steelers

He used to drive me nuts and here are the top 5 games he had vs. Pitt. Not the most fun read but I read it any way, giving Air his respect.

The last games with him beating us as a Raven were really the least fun football I have ever watched.

Psyychoward86
07-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Lol, there's so many times in #2....

"Pittsburgh’s defense made it tough on O’Donnell all day, forcing him to throw three interceptions."

"O’Donnell took the field to try and rally his team from a four point deficit. He never got that chance though, as on the first play of the series he was hammered to the turf by Jason Gildon."

"McNair replaced O’Donnell"

Why don't they pay ME to write those :chuckle:. Anyways, back on topic. This stuff brings back some baaaad memories.

Men of Steel
07-06-2009, 05:15 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-14024-Pitt...burgh-Steelers

While attempting to block the kick, Steelers’ Dewayne Washington slid softly into Nedney who went down as if he’d been shot in the shoulder. Flags flew. Running into the kicker called. 26-yard field goal made. Steelers lose 34-31.

that penalty should have never happend and WE should have wooon !!!! :banging:

my heart was broken that night....

stillers4me
07-06-2009, 05:19 PM
He was a worthy opponent. :hatsoff:

thumper
07-06-2009, 05:31 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-14024-Pitt...burgh-Steelers

that penalty should have never happend and WE should have wooon !!!! :banging:

my heart was broken that night....

The only reason it wasn't more painful is because that team wasn't going any where any how. They weren't that good. Had they beat TN they would have lost soon after.

BurghBoyz86
07-06-2009, 05:48 PM
I think he definitely hit the nail on the head with the number one game. That was one of the most upsetting losses I have ever endured as a fan. Good read though, as painful as it was!

tony hipchest
07-06-2009, 05:50 PM
The only reason it wasn't more painful is because that team wasn't going any where any how. They weren't that good. Had they beat TN they would have lost soon after.

to the raiders?

they woulda smacked the buccaneers in the superbowl. they had already given them the beatdown in tampa bay, earlier that year.

01 and 02 remind me of 04 and 05 where we actually had a better team with a worse record (after posting team best records the year prior). we just didnt get the lucky breaks to prove it in 02.

Edman
07-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Yeah, Air McNair owned us pretty bad. We always played him hard, but he almost always came out better. A fantastic opponent and a fantastic player. The only Titans player I had any respect for.

RIP Steve McNair.:hatsoff:

The Titans franchise can still go down a hole and die, though.

Galax Steeler
07-07-2009, 03:58 AM
Hats off to McNair I had to cringe everytime we played him. He was a competitor and loved the game of football.

SteelersMongol
07-07-2009, 07:55 PM
The man was real good. He always used 2 find ways 2 beat us.

LVSteelersfan
07-07-2009, 08:04 PM
My favorite memory of McNair was him retiring so he couldn't perform his magic on us any more. He used to upset me pretty much more than anyone we had to play against. RIP big guy.

BlastFurnace
07-07-2009, 08:41 PM
I remember being bummed when I found out he had landed in Baltimore in 2006. To me, that meant trouble for us because of how he played against us.

He was an excellent QB.

thumper
07-07-2009, 10:19 PM
to the raiders?

they woulda smacked the buccaneers in the superbowl. they had already given them the beatdown in tampa bay, earlier that year.

01 and 02 remind me of 04 and 05 where we actually had a better team with a worse record (after posting team best records the year prior). we just didnt get the lucky breaks to prove it in 02.

We had Bill Cowher as head coach. If that wasn't too much of a hurdle to overcome in post season games (unless they were totally dominant over a team in a big way) what else was? With Cowher coaching in the post season, you are doomed unless you had lucky breaks. He was truly a ball and chain for most post season games.

thumper
07-07-2009, 10:22 PM
I remember being bummed when I found out he had landed in Baltimore in 2006. To me, that meant trouble for us because of how he played against us.

He was an excellent QB.

And he didn't necessarily put up big #s. He was kind of like Ben in that way: he didn't always have gaudy #s but what he was good at was winning, period. I don't think he was as clutch as Ben but he was damn hard to from making 3rd down conversions. He either hung in there and got rid of the ball just before the rush reached him -always finding someone wide open 8-12 yards down field - or he took off and ran like a horse getting the 1st down that way. That man made me scream many times.

thumper
07-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Also, not touched upon in this thread: what a nasty way to go. Shot in the head and chest twice. That had to be one grisly sight at the scene of the crime.

fansince'76
07-07-2009, 10:47 PM
We had Bill Cowher as head coach. If that wasn't too much of a hurdle to overcome in post season games (unless they were totally dominant over a team in a big way) what else was? With Cowher coaching in the post season, you are doomed unless you had lucky breaks. He was truly a ball and chain for most post season games.

Hard to win in the postseason with at-best journeyman QBs (and even that term is being kind). When he finally had a legit NFL QB toward the end, he finally won it all.

hindes204
07-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Air Mcnair was a very worthy opponent, he was one of the toughest QBs I've ever seen...RIP