PDA

View Full Version : Taliban Now Buying Children to Use as Human Bombs...

revefsreleets
07-08-2009, 09:54 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jul/02/taliban-buying-children-to-serve-as-suicide-bomber/

The Religion of Peace® (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registered_trademark_symbol) strikes again!

Pakistan's top Taliban leader, Baitullah Mehsud, is buying children as young as 7 to serve as suicide bombers in the growing spate of attacks against Pakistani, Afghan and U.S. targets, U.S. Defense Department and Pakistani officials say.
A Pakistani official, who spoke on the condition that he not be named because of the sensitive nature of the topic, said the going price for child bombers was $7,000 to $14,000 - huge sums in Pakistan, where per-capita income is about $2,600 a year.
"[Mehsud] has turned suicide bombing into a production output, not unlike [the way] Toyota outputs cars," a U.S. Defense Department official told reporters recently. He spoke on the condition that he not be named because of ongoing intelligence efforts to catch Mehsud, a prime target for a U.S. and Pakistani anti-Taliban campaign.
An apparent U.S. effort to kill Mehsud last week failed. On Sunday, the Pakistani government offered a reward of about $615,300 for information leading to the capture of Mehsud, dead or alive. The U.S. State Department has offered a bounty of $5 million for Mehsud, who is thought to be hiding in the tribal areas near the Afghan border.
Suicide bombings have become frequent in Pakistan in the past year, including high-profile attacks on hotels frequented by Westerners, as well as on Pakistani police and military installations. There has also been a spate of such attacks directed at U.S.-led forces in Afghanistan.
The U.S. official said the price depends on how quickly the bomber is needed and how close the child is expected to get to the target.
"[Mehsud] produces these suicide bombers, which are sold or bartered, which can be used by [Afghan Taliban leader Mullah] Omar's Taliban or ... other groups," the U.S. official said.
In some cases, he said, the children are kidnapped and then sold to Mehsud.
Using child suicide bombers "is the grim reality of the Taliban Frankenstein that now threatens to overwhelm the Pakistani state," said Bruce Riedel, a Brookings Institution scholar who chaired a review of Pakistan-Afghanistan strategy for President Obama.
Efforts to reach a spokesman for Mehsud were not successful.

stlrtruck
07-08-2009, 10:17 AM
And the Western World is nuts?

revefsreleets
07-08-2009, 10:23 AM
You know, it's sort of related, but when I poke fun at Mormonism or Scientology, I should also say that those religions are, for the most part, largely harmless (although Scientology does have some kidnapping in their background, and they've been known to cause financial ruin to more than one family).

Christianity has a bloody past, but there is no doubt in my mind that Islam is far and away the most dangerous religion of all time, if for no other reason than that they may actually gain access to WMD at some point and will not hesitate to use them.

It's one thing to be silly, but another thing entirely to be literally a threat to millions.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
07-08-2009, 10:52 AM
why would it be so bad to just drop a bomb on the middle east?

SCSTILLER
07-08-2009, 11:06 AM
And we are supposed to just sit around and be reasonable with these nutjobs! Yeah, right!

tony hipchest
07-08-2009, 12:39 PM
And we are supposed to just sit around and be reasonable with these nutjobs! Yeah, right!:huh:

what the hell are you talking about? who the flying fig said that?

i know people here are so jaded that its almost taboo to talk about anything good obama does, and will only be scoffed at and mocked, but your president has been stepping up efforts in pokiston and afghanistan and pushing to give the military commanders the autonomy and support they desperately say they need.

i cant find the exact article (its been a month or 2) but i think its general patreus who is being re deployed to oversee and head up the efforts.

http://blog.taragana.com/n/obama-administration-seeks-wartime-authority-for-military-commanders-in-dealing-with-pak-48841/

Obama Administration seeks wartime authority for military commanders in dealing with Pakistan

Ani May 2nd, 2009
WASHINGTON -The Obama administration is pushing for a new proposal which would give the US Central Command (CENTCOM) a wartime authority to deal with Pakistan.

The new proposal, if accepted by the US Congress, would give the military commanders the same total authority that they enjoy in Iraq and Afghanistan’s war zones.

It would also enable the CENTCOM to surpass the State Department and other US Departments while taking decisions about the providing any military assistance to Pakistan.

According to the Dawn, US Secretary of Defence Robert Gates recently revealed the blueprint of the new strategy during a congressional hearing, and asked the Senators to approve the proposed military aid to Pakistan with a sense of wartime urgency.

The programme would also enable CENTCOM chief General David Petraeus to control all the military funds for Pakistan that the US has earmarked for counterinsurgency training and for providing sophisticated equipments.

The United States is planning to provide 400 million dollars to Pakistan in the current fiscal year itself. The Obama Administration is seeking to provide Islamabad a total of three billion dollars over the next five years in aid. (ANI)

i think its paramount that we snuff out these nutjobs asap and so does our current CIC.

X-Terminator
07-08-2009, 12:46 PM
why would it be so bad to just drop a bomb on the middle east?

Believe me, I'd love to do just that. Unfortunately, the peaceniks in the American Left and in Europe would never, ever, EVER let it happen. If it were up to me, I'd have pressed that motherfathin' button 2 seconds after WTC 1 went down, and then told the peaceniks to kindly piss off.

fansince'76
07-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Believe me, I'd love to do just that. Unfortunately, the peaceniks in the American Left and in Europe would never, ever, EVER let it happen. If it were up to me, I'd have pressed that motherfathin' button 2 seconds after WTC 1 went down, and then told the peaceniks to kindly piss off.

X-T for Prez in '12! :usa: :salute: :peace:

:chuckle:

revefsreleets
07-08-2009, 01:29 PM
I've softened my view on that a lot. Many people live under extremely repressive regimes...they are powerless, and, most importantly, silent. I think we'd kill a ton of innocent people along the way...there's got to be a better solution.

Fire Haley
07-08-2009, 02:33 PM
No blood for poppies!

It's a quagmire.

revefsreleets
07-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Actually,I think Afghanistan will end up trading heroin for Saffron. More profitable, and infinitely less dangerous to grow...

Indo
07-08-2009, 04:31 PM
2 thoughts:

A) Just think of the balls Truman must've had to drop not one but 2 of the Big Boys on non-combatants----I'm not sure that I could've made (and lived with) that same decision. But, as it turns out, the number of lives saved probably far outweighs the number taken...(I'm not sure that that makes it "right", but it is what it is)

2) Has everyone read Salmon Rushdie's book The Satanic Verses?
In it, he calls Islam a Barbaric Religion----the Ayotollah Khomeni (spelling?) then proceeded to put a bounty on his head for (I think) $2million, thereby proving and confirming Rushdie's assertion that they are barbaric.

Lastly) Civilization as we know it began approximately 7,000 years ago in The Fertile Crescent (the area between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers in what was then known as Mesopotamia. This is now the Middle East (Iraq/Iran/etc). It appears to me that Civilization was left behind there by about 6,932 years...it hasn't progressed a day beyond that...

revefsreleets
07-09-2009, 07:54 AM
Lawrence of Arabia is another good read in that regard (Well, it's actually entitled "The Seven Pillars of Wisdom", but everyone knows it as LOA). Even as he admired many things about the Arabs, T.E. Lawrence could not help but note how backwards and savage, and sometimes downright stupid and childish they were as a people.

Fire Haley
07-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Bombs in Iraq and Afghanistan have killed over 70 today.

Why no screaming from the liberals?

Where are the headlines on CNN?

Oh right - Obama has the blood on his hands now....shhhhhhhhhh

MACH1
07-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Bombs in Iraq and Afghanistan have killed over 70 today.

Why no screaming from the liberals?

Where are the headlines on CNN?

Oh right - Obama has the blood on his hands now....shhhhhhhhhh

bu bu bu bush

Fire Haley
07-09-2009, 11:04 AM
The war machine keeps turning....where's the protests?

DynCorp, Fluor Win Afghan Work Worth $7.5 Billion

July 8 (Bloomberg) -- DynCorp International Inc. and Fluor Corp. have been selected over KBR Inc. for five-year contracts worth as much as $7.5 billion for each company to support the U.S. troop build-up in Afghanistan, an Army official said.

Falls Church, Virginia-based DynCorp International Inc. and Irving, Texas-based Fluor Corp. each won basic one-year contracts worth as much as $1.5 billion that include four one- year options for the same annual amount, Jim Loehrl, executive director of the Army’s Rock Island, Illinois, Contracting Center, said yesterday in a telephone interview.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aMvHvWx8Ra0c

tony hipchest
07-09-2009, 11:25 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/07/09/afghanistan.attack/index.html

Bombing kills 25 in Afghanistan

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/07/08/afghanistan.offensive/index.html

Story Highlights
Brig. Gen. Larry Nicholson says, "We don't have enough Afghan forces"

Operation against Taliban began last week in Afghanistan's Helmand province

U.S. service member killed in ninth American death in Afghanistan since Monday

Britain's defense chief defends mission, says more lives will be lost

CNN had a nice little bar graph comparrison of the troops killed in afghanistan vs. those in iraq.

deaths in iraq have been on a steady decline for 3 years.

deaths in afghanistan have been climbing for 7 years straight and are projected to be an all time high in 2009 and surpassing troops lost in iraq.

why protest stepping up the efforts?

Fire Haley
07-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Where are the anti-war protestors now?

Where are the CNN headlines screaming about the deaths caused by the war-monger president?

That's what I want to know.

SCSTILLER
07-09-2009, 04:50 PM
:huh:

what the hell are you talking about? who the flying fig said that?

i know people here are so jaded that its almost taboo to talk about anything good obama does, and will only be scoffed at and mocked, but your president has been stepping up efforts in pokiston and afghanistan and pushing to give the military commanders the autonomy and support they desperately say they need.

i cant find the exact article (its been a month or 2) but i think its general patreus who is being re deployed to oversee and head up the efforts.

http://blog.taragana.com/n/obama-administration-seeks-wartime-authority-for-military-commanders-in-dealing-with-pak-48841/

Obama Administration seeks wartime authority for military commanders in dealing with Pakistan

i think its paramount that we snuff out these nutjobs asap and so does our current CIC.

Tony, you know what the hell I am talking about! Let the innocent prisoners go to fight another day, don't pour water on them! Hell, people wanted to reason with them after 9-11 and try to figure out why they did it to us, or did you forget that! War protesters, remember them? Or was your TV turned off! I for one support the surge in Afghanistan, as I might be a part of it soon, but am afraid that we might start walking in the same footsteps as the Russians did, not likely but it just may happen.

tony hipchest
07-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Tony, you know what the hell I am talking about! Let the innocent prisoners go to fight another day, don't pour water on them! Hell, people wanted to reason with them after 9-11 and try to figure out why they did it to us, or did you forget that! War protesters, remember them? Or was your TV turned off! I for one support the surge in Afghanistan, as I might be a part of it soon, but am afraid that we might start walking in the same footsteps as the Russians did, not likely but it just may happen.oh, i see.

300,000,000 people in america and you chose to focus on, listen too, and generalize about 30,000 wacko extremists. :thumbsup:

afghanistan war protesters? no, i dont remember them. but im about as likely to pay them any mind as i am those at a klan rally or neo nazi convention.

maybe you forget the 99.999% of americans who remember 9-11 like it was yesterday and want every one of them taliban bastards head on a stake.

maybe you forget it was the taliban who attacked us on our soil. i surely remember what happened to the last country who did that.

i just think your partisan statement was made in haste and is a slap in the face to americas resolve and her quest for justice.

just because YOU support the surge in afghanistan doesnt mean the majority who voted opposite of you dont.

MACH1
07-09-2009, 09:08 PM
maybe you forget the 99.999% of americans who remember 9-11 like it was yesterday and want every one of them taliban bastards head on a stake.

maybe you forget it was the taliban who attacked us on our soil

The taliwhackers attacked us? And here all this time I thought it was terrorists from al-Qaeda. :banging:

tony hipchest
07-09-2009, 09:22 PM
The taliwhackers attacked us? And here all this time I thought it was terrorists from al-Qaeda. :banging:

i guess they are a muddied bunch.

allow me to rephrase....

the taliban provided the bases and training camps for those who attacked us.

while they grow the heroin (poppies) atleast they dont push it on the streets. i still dont know if that makes them any better. :noidea:

either way, anyone purchasing children to use as human bombs to attack americans and our allies probably needs to be destroyed

SCSTILLER
07-12-2009, 08:03 PM
oh, i see.

300,000,000 people in america and you chose to focus on, listen too, and generalize about 30,000 wacko extremists. :thumbsup:

afghanistan war protesters? no, i dont remember them. but im about as likely to pay them any mind as i am those at a klan rally or neo nazi convention.

maybe you forget it was the taliban who attacked us on our soil. i surely remember what happened to the last country who did that.

i just think your partisan statement was made in haste and is a slap in the face to americas resolve and her quest for justice.

just because YOU support the surge in afghanistan doesnt mean the majority who voted opposite of you dont.

Where is the uproar from the liberal media about this surge? When Patreaus (betrayus, remember that) and Bush pushed for a surge, there was an uproar throughout the left wing and the media, but now Obama wants to follow in the same footsteps in Afghanistan as what was done in Iraq, NOTHING in the media about it. Why is that?

tony hipchest
07-12-2009, 08:24 PM
do you guys do anything besides whine about liberal media uproar and bias?

caring about issues > caring about media coverage of the issues.

not being a media wh0re > being a media wh0re.

one of obamas big ticket items was shifting more focus to afghanistan (or do you not remember that).

dont act like he's following bush's lead. patting bush on the back for obama no longer allowing afghanistan go ignored is laughable.

although i doubt he will be caught, i would love to hear the right wing whining and spin if it were the obama administration who produced bin ladens corpse to the world.

fansince'76
07-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Rank-and-file Afghans trusting these scum is worrisome, to say the least.

Afghans Turn to Taliban in Fear of Own Police

By Peter Graff – Sun Jul 12, 9:57 AM ET

Pankela, Afghanistan (Reuters) – As British troops moved into the village newly freed from Taliban control, they heard one message from the anxious locals: for God's sake do not bring back the Afghan police.

U.S. and British troops have launched a campaign to seize control of Helmand province, about half of which was in Taliban hands, and restore Afghan government institutions.

But as they advance, they are learning uncomfortable facts about their local allies: villagers say the government's police force was so brutal and corrupt that they welcomed the Taliban as liberators.

"The police would stop people driving on motorcycles, beat them and take their money," said Mohammad Gul, an elder in the village of Pankela, which British troops have been securing for the past three days after flying in by helicopter.

He pointed to two compounds of neighbors where pre-teen children had been abducted by police to be used for the local practice of "bachabazi," or sex with pre-pubescent boys.

"If the boys were out in the fields, the police would come and rape them," he said. "You can go to any police base and you will see these boys. They hold them until they are finished with them and then let the child go."

The Interior Ministry in Kabul said it would contact police commanders in the area before responding in detail.

When the Taliban arrived in the village 10 months ago and drove the police out, local people rejoiced, said Mohammad Rasul, a toothless elderly farmer who keeps a few cows and chickens in a neatly tended orchard of pomegranate trees, figs and grape vines.

Although his own son was killed by a Taliban roadside bomb five years ago, Rasul said the fighters earned their welcome in the village by treating people with respect.

"We were happy (after the Taliban arrived). The Taliban never bothered us," he said.

Before the Taliban arrived, the police had come to his house with a powerful landlord he called a "tyrant," who put a rifle in his face, searched through his compound and demanded money.

"If (the British) bring these people back, we can't live here. If they come back, I am sure they will burn everything," Rasul said.

MINES, SNIPERS

The British effort, Operation Panther's Claw, has focused on the Babaji district north of the provincial capital Lashkar Gah, an area of lush fields, vineyards and orchards, watered by carefully tended streams and canals fed by the Helmand river.

Taliban fighters have sown the area with homemade mines and sniper nests, inflicting the worst casualties of the war. At least 15 British soldiers have been killed in the past 12 days.

Further south, some 4,000 U.S. Marines have met less resistance after seizing three districts of the lower Helmand River valley in an air and ground assault.

The aim is to impose Afghan government control over most of the province in time for an August 20 presidential poll.

But commanders say holding the area for the longer term will depend on bringing in credible local security forces.

The United States has spent lavishly in the past eight years to build up the Afghan National Army (ANA).

But it left training the Afghan National Police (ANP) to Germany, which spent a fraction as much, sending a small number of civilian instructors.

The result is a police force that is widely acknowledged to be unprepared for work in a combat zone: the ANP suffered three times as many deaths as the ANA last year.

Washington is rushing to make up the gap, sending 4,000 military trainers to Afghanistan this year to focus mainly on professionalizing the police.

Entire police forces are being removed from districts and sent to remote locations for intensive eight-week training.

Major Al Steele, commander of Bravo Company of 3 SCOTS, the Black Watch, who met elders in Pankela, acknowledged their concerns but said foreign forces were working on it.

"We have heard a lot of complaints about the ANP, but the Coalition Forces and the ANA are working together well, and the ANP are getting better," he told Gul Mohammad, squatting outside the elder's mud-walled compound.

The elder shrugged and flipped his prayer beads.

"Every time we heard that new ANP would come. But the old ANP would come back and it would be just like in the past."

"The people here trust the Taliban," he said. "If the police come back and behave the same way, we will support the Taliban to drive them out."

(Editing by Paul Tait and Myra MacDonald)

Afghans Turn to Taliban in Fear of Own Police (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090712/ts_nm/us_afghanistan_police)

devilsdancefloor
07-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Look this damn war should have been over with by now! We as a nation cant handle what it takes to rid these bastages. That goes for left and right in this country. Let the military do its effing job kill people and break stuff. Do not nuke air fuel bombs are nasty and do a damn good job! For every attack on allied forces we did double back some might change their minds.I liked the push in iraq and i like the push in now in Afghanistan we should have been pushing twice as hard before this. I do not want to see a large amount of coffins return to dover, but we need to kick their asses now rather then try later. Im not a fan of the president, but if goes ahead and does this major operation hats off to him. the inner bickering between the aisle has got to stop and we need to focus on the enemy. I have said this since bush was in office.

stlrtruck
07-13-2009, 07:46 AM
I think it's pretty damn sad when the enemy is treating the local people with greater respect than the local authorities left in charge to protect them.

What the F is wrong with people?

MasterOfPuppets
07-13-2009, 02:44 PM
"If the boys were out in the fields, the police would come and rape them," ok ...its a country full of terrorist AND pedophiles ... can someone please tell me why nuking the place is a bad idea ??? :noidea: " kill em all, and let god sort em out " ( origin unknown )