PDA

View Full Version : LeBrick gets dunked on and cries about it

BehindSteelCurtain
07-08-2009, 02:17 PM
CBS Sports
Gary Parrish

AKRON, Ohio -- You want to see video of Xavier's Jordan Crawford dunking on LeBron James?

If so, too bad.

Because you're not going to see it.

Thanks to Nike.

Turns out, there were at least two cameras rolling Monday night when Crawford dunked on James during a pick-up game here at the LeBron James Skills Academy. It was a two-handed jam, the kind that would've circulated quickly on YouTube. But Nike officials eliminated that possibility shortly after the dunk happened by allegedly confiscating tapes from various cameramen.

Freelance photographer Ryan Miller was one of the cameramen shooting the game.

He told CBSSports.com that Nike Basketball Senior Director Lynn Merritt took his tape.

"He just said, 'We have to take your tape,'" Miller said. "They took it from other guys, too."

Worth noting is that there is no policy against filming at the LeBron James Skills Academy, and Miller said he had been filming all day without incident. Nobody ever told him to stop. Nobody ever said there was a problem ... until after Crawford dunked on James.

"LeBron called Lynn over and told him something," Miller said. "That's how I knew his name was Lynn. LeBron said, 'Hey, Lynn. Come here.'"

Minutes later, Miller said Merritt demanded his tape.

"There's nothing I can think of besides LeBron just not wanting it online," Miller said. "It's a good story to tell people, I guess. But then again, I'm kind of pissed. I lost my tape."

revefsreleets
07-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Kobe raped a girl.

Or he didn't.

This is a tempest in a teapot, but will be fun for the ignorant haters for a few days...but it's not much comparatively, is it?

BehindSteelCurtain
07-08-2009, 02:26 PM
How ignorant is LeBron? Atleast the NBA scouts got to see it.

Lets not forget is "I'm MVP" T-Shirt.

revefsreleets
07-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Also, LeBrick?

Last season LBJ's FG% was .489
Kobe's was .467

Try harder

TackleMeBen
07-08-2009, 02:27 PM
i heard skip bayless talking about this. he really hates lebron for some reason

BehindSteelCurtain
07-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Also, LeBrick?

Last season LBJ's FG% was .489
Kobe's was .467

Try harder

Kobe's rings last season- 1
LeBron's rings last season- 0

BehindSteelCurtain
07-08-2009, 02:37 PM

yea he does. Every non-cavalier fan hates lebron.

revefsreleets
07-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Silly....

lilyoder6
07-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Kobe raped a girl.

Or he didn't.

This is a tempest in a teapot, but will be fun for the ignorant haters for a few days...but it's not much comparatively, is it?

hahahahahahahahaha

that is funny...

always got to bring in someone else to make ledick a better person...

hahahahahahahahaha got to love the ignorant fan's of lebron

MACH1
07-08-2009, 05:36 PM
What, the second greatest player dunked on by a nobody...Nooo it can't be true.

Bwaaahaahaaa LePosterized

http://avatars.espn.go.com/assets/images/784661/edited/ebc89a23cfa267fe6732b55c43c1d54c74b9aac4/_bc7b3fc31d92c203cefe3cf95fa9e966f86bf96d.jpg

lilyoder6
07-08-2009, 06:54 PM
What, the second greatest player dunked on by a nobody...Nooo it can't be true.

Bwaaahaahaaa LePosterized

http://avatars.espn.go.com/assets/images/784661/edited/ebc89a23cfa267fe6732b55c43c1d54c74b9aac4/_bc7b3fc31d92c203cefe3cf95fa9e966f86bf96d.jpg

bwhahahahahahahahaha

that is some funny shit

SteelersinCA
07-08-2009, 08:02 PM
I have always thought LeBron was a bit arrogant. He plays well on TV being humble, but actions speak louder than words and when you hold your own presser for the MVP award, you walk of the court without shaking hands and you wear an I'm MVP shirt the writing is on the wall.

Steel Head
07-08-2009, 08:33 PM
he probably ran off the court like a girl and wouldn't shake hands again

typical Ohio behavior

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-08-2009, 09:03 PM
he probably ran off the court like a girl and wouldn't shake hands again

typical Ohio behavior

Hmm but iarn't Ben Roethlisberger and James Harrison from Ohio???:scratchchin:

Steel Head
07-08-2009, 09:22 PM

moving to Pittsburgh cured them

SteelersinCA
07-09-2009, 12:22 AM
I still don't get why he would ask the tapes be confiscated, who cares if someone dunks on you, a broken clock is right twice a day. It's not like anyone is claiming this guy is even sniffing the same level of LBJ.

STEELtownHAVOX
07-09-2009, 06:19 AM

Skip calls him Prince James, lol...

I like LeBron, gained a lot of respect from him during the Olympics. I don't like how he acted when he lost to the Magic, but everyone makes mistakes.

revefsreleets
07-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Word is LBJ could care less one way or the other, but Nike was more mad that the media was taping when they were strictly prohibited from taping or shooting.

But, like I said, the haters hate, and this minor little nothing of an incident will get all blown out of proportion. And, again, if you're gonna get negative pub, it's better for it to be about not shaking hands or getting dunked on in a pick-up game than raping some chick in a hotel room and cheating on your wife in the process.

Steel Head
07-09-2009, 07:59 AM
why does Kobe get brought up in every Cavs/Lebron thread?

these haters are pathetic

revefsreleets
07-09-2009, 08:11 AM
I didn't start that...the followers of the second best player in the NBA started in with this nonsense when LBJ won the MVP, his first of many....

It's funny to watch the Kobe babies whine and complain though...

Steel Head
07-09-2009, 08:16 AM
I didn't start that...the followers of the second best player in the NBA started in with this nonsense when LBJ won the MVP, his first of many....

It's funny to watch the Kobe babies whine and complain though...

I dont see anyone whining except you and Queen James

Kobe has nothing to do with this thread

revefsreleets
07-09-2009, 08:21 AM
"Wah...stop picking on Kobe!":crying03:

Actually, this whole thread has nothing to do with anything...it's a non-issue...

Steel Head
07-09-2009, 08:24 AM
"Wah...who cares if Lebron is a big crybaby pu$$y, Kobe raped a girl, i saw it when i was stalking him, i was actually in the closet jerking off to my Queen James poster":crying03:

revefsreleets
07-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Personally attacking me changes nothing. Kobe's bad press was really awful, sad, and a testament to the kind of character he really is. I never said he raped that girl, I said that was part of his pub...big difference, and a more astute observer would be able to follow along...

That THIS is the best you guys can come up with says a lot (and a little at the same time).

Steel Head
07-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Personally attacking me changes nothing. Kobe's bad press was really awful, sad, and a testament to the kind of character he really is. I never said he raped that girl, I said that was part of his pub...big difference, and a more astute observer would be able to follow along...

That THIS is the best you guys can come up with says a lot (and a little at the same time).

Anyone that is brain-lived could figure out that girl who accused him of rape was just after his money

revefsreleets
07-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Don't want to be accused of rape? Don't cheat on your wife with 19 year old girls, then repeatedly lie about it.

As for the dunk: Non-issue...try and find something of some real value next time...

Rape accusations are FAR worse, like in a different UNIVERSE worse than getting dunked on by a college kid in a pick-up game...but i guess when ya got nothing, ya gotta run with nothing...

tony hipchest
07-09-2009, 11:42 AM
atleast if youre gonna have an affair, dont stick it in the 19 year old girl's butt, make her bleed, and then tell her to beat it so you can go to sleep.

not ratting out your teammates for doing the same thing, might help too.

MACH1
07-09-2009, 11:53 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/06/0621_lebron_57433ex_james_b-gr_01.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/06/0617_kobe_lebron_split_kobe_bryant_ap090617020079_ ap_exs2.jpg

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-09-2009, 01:32 PM

LULZ so is the face of the franchise from all of eternity in Jack Lambert and Chuck Noll.

Don't diss on the Buckeye State.

Also, this has nothing to do with LeBron being embarrassed, it has everything to do with the campers not allowed to bring camera s and being told prior to this that this was the case.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-09-2009, 01:34 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/06/0617_kobe_lebron_split_kobe_bryant_ap090617020079_ ap_exs2.jpg

UMMMMM...He did..sort..win..the..MVP...uhh...You did see that..correct?

Steel Head
07-09-2009, 01:36 PM
LULZ so is the face of the franchise from all of eternity in Jack Lambert and Chuck Noll.

"face of the franchise from all of eternity"

what does that mean?

and that would probably be Art Rooney

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-09-2009, 01:53 PM
"face of the franchise from all of eternity"

what does that mean?

and that would probably be Art Rooney

http://img2.allposters.com/images/PHOTOFILE/AACT036.jpg

That's the picture most football fans get when they think of the Steelers.

BehindSteelCurtain
07-09-2009, 06:05 PM

Don't diss on the Buckeye State.

Also, this has nothing to do with LeBron being embarrassed, it has everything to do with the campers not allowed to bring camera s and being told prior to this that this was the case.

It wasnt the campers who filmed it. It was atleast two camera guys.

I don't have a problem with him getting dunked on. It happens to everyone. I just don't like the fact that he was such a baby about it.

MACH1
07-09-2009, 09:19 PM
UMMMMM...He did..sort..win..the..MVP...uhh...You did see that..correct?

The better question is did lbj watch kobe win another championship from the seat of his couch.

tony hipchest
07-09-2009, 09:35 PM
The better question is did lbj watch kobe win another championship from the seat of his couch.c'mon. lebron and kobe are friends.

he even sent kobe tickets to join him at the browns home opener to enjoy the new amenities.

http://www.playusout.com/uploads/asshole-tissue-dispenser.jpg

:toofunny: theyre not 19 years old but he can still tell shaq how they taste. :flap:

MACH1
07-09-2009, 10:55 PM
http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss312/faizi1021/LAKERS/lakers-ring1.jpg

Nah...He doesn't want to get his ring dirty.

tony hipchest
07-09-2009, 11:14 PM
dang. those fan rings are pretty freaking nice!

when do the players get the real ones?

X-Terminator
07-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Now I don't follow the Not Basketball Association anymore, but from reading this thread, I'm seeing everything said about LBJ that the jealous haters say about Sidney Crosby. Except that Sid now has a ring to make the haters froth at the mouth even more.

Maybe if LBJ didn't hang out with this guy, he'd get a little more respect:

http://thefabempire.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/ovechkinlebron5.jpg

Guess he hasn't gotten the stench of "loser" off him yet...

revefsreleets
07-10-2009, 08:55 AM
It wasnt the campers who filmed it. It was atleast two camera guys.

I don't have a problem with him getting dunked on. It happens to everyone. I just don't like the fact that he was such a baby about it.

By all reports, LeBron had absolutely nothing to do with this one way or another...so how could he have acted like a baby?

Non.
Issue.

lilyoder6
07-10-2009, 01:44 PM
By all reports, LeBron had absolutely nothing to do with this one way or another...so how could he have acted like a baby?

Non.
Issue.

hahaha,,,,

they are prob just trying to cover lebaby's ass.. to make it look like they are the bad guys and lebron is not...

lilyoder6
07-10-2009, 01:46 PM
ledouche does not like to be dunked on.. so he makes evryone get rid of there stuff

xfl2001fan
07-16-2009, 11:31 AM
That the best you got lilyoder6? When you have grown up and become bigyoder26, let us know.

Cameras aren't allowed, Nike confiscated the tapes.

revefsreleets
07-16-2009, 11:56 AM
That the best you got lilyoder6? When you have grown up and become bigyoder26, let us know.

Cameras aren't allowed, Nike confiscated the tapes.

"No way, it was a clear conspiracy! Even though nobody has EVER been allowed to tape anything there in the prior 3 years, and it was CLEARLY stated there was no taping or photography, it's DEFINITELY a conspiracy, man! LeBron sucks, dude!"

xfl2001fan
07-16-2009, 12:14 PM
My bad. Must be a LeBlind Homer then. :noidea:

lilyoder6
07-17-2009, 03:34 AM
Ryan Miller, a freelance cameraman working the camp, told CBSSports.com that James called over Nike Basketball senior director Lynn Merritt shortly after the dunk, and that minutes later his tapes were taken away.

"LeBron came over and told him something. ... LeBron said, 'Hey, Lynn, come here," Miller said. Merritt approached Miller shortly thereafter and "he just said, 'We have to take your tape," Miller said. "They took it from other guys, too."

and he said he was filming for 15 min before hand.. so way didn't nike do something b4 hand????

exactly..the man was being a bitch about.. plain and simple

revefsreleets
07-17-2009, 05:45 AM
But if this was Kobe, I bet you'd have accepted Nike's official position.

Anyway, the 15 minutes is over, and this molehill is still a molehill.

xfl2001fan
07-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Ryan Miller, a freelance cameraman working the camp, told CBSSports.com that James called over Nike Basketball senior director Lynn Merritt shortly after the dunk, and that minutes later his tapes were taken away.

"LeBron came over and told him something. ... LeBron said, 'Hey, Lynn, come here," Miller said. Merritt approached Miller shortly thereafter and "he just said, 'We have to take your tape," Miller said. "They took it from other guys, too."

and he said he was filming for 15 min before hand.. so way didn't nike do something b4 hand????

exactly..the man was being a bitch about.. plain and simple

Have you ever been to a camp like this before? Regardless of whether or not Lebron said something after the dunk, or before the dunk...the rules are that you don't have a camer in the camp.

What the story doesn't mention was exactly how long after the dunk. In the excitement of a game/camp, 30 minutes can pass by in a very short period of time. For all we know, it was well after the dunk, the guy (a non professional camera-man...AKA freelance) lost track of time...was noticed eventually...and then todl CBS that "A short time later". Of course, nobody is going to question how long "shortly" is...and the non-professional cameraman looking for 15 minutes of fame wasn't tracking each and every passing minute from the time of the dunk.

Naturally, you still see through Kobe's nutsack when you view Lebron, so I don't expect a thougthful answer from you. Or a logical one at that. Just endless Lebron hatred...and that's OK. We get that you find Lebron being the best basketball player in the world a tough pill to swallow (especially when you consider that a piece of Kobe is apparently sitting in your mouth.)

lilyoder6
07-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Have you ever been to a camp like this before? Regardless of whether or not Lebron said something after the dunk, or before the dunk...the rules are that you don't have a camer in the camp.

What the story doesn't mention was exactly how long after the dunk. In the excitement of a game/camp, 30 minutes can pass by in a very short period of time. For all we know, it was well after the dunk, the guy (a non professional camera-man...AKA freelance) lost track of time...was noticed eventually...and then todl CBS that "A short time later". Of course, nobody is going to question how long "shortly" is...and the non-professional cameraman looking for 15 minutes of fame wasn't tracking each and every passing minute from the time of the dunk.

Naturally, you still see through Kobe's nutsack when you view Lebron, so I don't expect a thougthful answer from you. Or a logical one at that. Just endless Lebron hatred...and that's OK. We get that you find Lebron being the best basketball player in the world a tough pill to swallow (especially when you consider that a piece of Kobe is apparently sitting in your mouth.)

naturally u blow lebron anytime u get a chance

if this was kobe, or who ever i would of said the same thing... it doesn't matter who the person is.. it was a dick move ...

i mean nike tried to defend his ass and it became a bigger issue... just realize he was a dick about it and move on... i did til u had to bring it back up.. honestly i forgot bout the whole thing til u brought it up... just like the kobe vs lebron thread.. move on alrdy

xfl2001fan
07-17-2009, 02:54 PM
if this was kobe, or who ever i would of said the same thing...
I doubt that.

it doesn't matter who the person is.. it was a dick move ...

i mean nike tried to defend his ass and it became a bigger issue... just realize he was a dick about it and move on... i did til u had to bring it back up.. honestly i forgot bout the whole thing til u brought it up... just like the kobe vs lebron thread.. move on alrdy

What was a dick move? That Nike confiscated tapes in a closed setting where cameras are not allowed?

Or that some two-bit cameraman (looking for his 15 minutes of fame) used Lebron's name to create a story?

Nobody is denying that Lebron got dunked on. Nobody is denying that Lebron talked to anyone. Nobody is denying that the tapes were confiscated.

The timeline of all of these events is what is in questions...and nobody (including the no-rate cameraman) has given any kind of actual measurable data for when each of the separate events happened.

But you want to make this an issue because it's Lebron.

lilyoder6
07-18-2009, 03:24 AM
i'm the one trying to make an issue out of it.. i was the sole reason y this topic was near the top of the list in search engine's when the story broke... right.....

b/c a gym full of ppl couldn't see 2 guys filming for 15+ min...

i mean lebron knew where they were as soon as the dunk happened.. so i bet others saw them too and did nothing

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
07-18-2009, 04:02 AM
Is it football season yet?

xfl2001fan
07-18-2009, 05:40 AM
i'm the one trying to make an issue out of it.. i was the sole reason y this topic was near the top of the list in search engine's when the story broke... right.....

b/c a gym full of ppl couldn't see 2 guys filming for 15+ min...

i mean lebron knew where they were as soon as the dunk happened.. so i bet others saw them too and did nothing

This is you still wanting this to be an issue. You are basing your "guilty" verdict on him based off of your speculation. Thought things worked differently in this country.

Based on your English skills, maybe you're just not born and raised in America though...and it would explain so much.

lilyoder6
07-18-2009, 12:15 PM
This is you still wanting this to be an issue. You are basing your "guilty" verdict on him based off of your speculation. Thought things worked differently in this country.

Based on your English skills, maybe you're just not born and raised in America though...and it would explain so much.

i'm still wanting this to be an issue???? i am not the one who re-started this thread sherlock holmes..

and my english skills... u can just blow me.

u are such a profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering retard.. but u keep trying to be cool on the website..

revefsreleets
07-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Just out of curiosity (and because it was never answered the first time I asked), how can anyone (especially a Kobe fan) call him "LeBrick"?

His FG% is .489, 34th best in the league. Kobe's is .467, which places him 58th.

You guys DO realize that 34 >>> 58, right?

MACH1
07-20-2009, 11:10 AM
Stats don't win games when they're on the line, making you free throws does. LeBrick = couch fishing.

revefsreleets
07-20-2009, 11:24 AM
He's a career .750 FT shooter. Not bad for a forward.

That's all ya got? He's a bricker because he doesn't shoot .95 from the line?

Did you know he ranks #2 in the league in FT's? I knwo you don't care, and will find another lame excuse for that stat as well, but you need to get more original here. "LeBrick" is exceedingly lame...

MACH1
07-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Stats are all fine and dandy but they don't win games. Just ask Dan Marino. The shots have to go in when the game is on the line. The best player and the best closer is Kobe, thats why he has a new ring to add to the collection.

Bu..bu..bu..shaq.

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-20-2009, 12:21 PM
I saw the interview of the kid that dunked on him and it sounded pretty innocent. He said LeBron probably didnt think he was gonna dunk it and probably jumped late when he realized he was gonna dunk it.

I just hope it was Nike and his handlers that grabbed the tape without his insisting on it. Lebron is smart enough to know it happens to everbody and its no big deal.

If he insisted on it being confiscated and had to put on his MVP shirt to make himself feel better......then I think he is losing it. Honestly, that "LBJ-MVP" shirt is just as lame as Phil jacksons "X" hat.

revefsreleets
07-20-2009, 01:06 PM
It's Nike protecting their boy, that's all...

Kobe= Tired out oldness
LeBron= The new hotness

MACH1
07-20-2009, 06:52 PM
It's Nike protecting their boy, that's all...

Kobe= Tired out oldness
LeBron= The new hotness

Kobe = NBA CHAMPION
Lebrick = Not quite good enough

:stirthepot:

lilyoder6
07-20-2009, 07:25 PM
i just think that when u add names like brink or crybaby it just flows in motion with the le... so it sounds funny.. and skip calls him lebrick sometimes too..

and that shirt is stupid by lebron i mean what did that mvp get him??? a seat at home 2 watch the finals with lil dez

SteelersinCA
07-20-2009, 07:35 PM
I'd say something, but honestly what's the point? Kobe vs Lebron has now consumed 3 threads. Sometimes you gotta realize the wind is just pushing the piss back on your own leg.

revefsreleets
07-21-2009, 07:33 AM
It's one thing to have a favorite player and all that, it's another to be blatantly disrespectful based NOT on merit, but solely bias and hatred.

Steel Head
07-21-2009, 09:21 AM
where was Lebron at the ESPY's? crying behind stage after Kobe received his award?

revefsreleets
07-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Oh, that reminds me...bias, hatred AND IGNORANCE.

lilyoder6
07-21-2009, 10:19 AM
i doubt lebron wanted 2 spend the night answering ?'s bout the camp and videotape

revefsreleets
07-21-2009, 10:41 AM
I doubt he cares at all one way or the other...the only people who DO care are LBJ haters...

7SteelGal43
07-21-2009, 11:14 AM
http://img2.allposters.com/images/PHOTOFILE/AACT036.jpg

That's the picture most football fans get when they think of the Steelers.

umm, state your source

lilyoder6
07-21-2009, 02:23 PM
I doubt he cares at all one way or the other...the only people who DO care are LBJ haters...

u don't know who and who doesn't care about.. the man did not show up to receive his award... he didn't have anything rly else 2 do on that night now.. did he??? or bigger than the espy's

MACH1
07-21-2009, 03:25 PM
He was out on a fishin trip. :chuckle:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r201/low-nslow/Smajli/Enbi/LEFISH05.jpg

revefsreleets
07-22-2009, 10:04 AM
So now you guys are bashing him because he didn't show up to the ESPY's? Really?

Okay, then...

STEELtownHAVOX
07-22-2009, 10:08 AM
this thread is trash

revefsreleets
07-22-2009, 10:19 AM
BORING!
http://it.geocities.com/aliencontact0/h1a.jpg

xfl2001fan
07-22-2009, 10:20 AM
u don't know who and who doesn't care about.. the man did not show up to receive his award... he didn't have anything rly else 2 do on that night now.. did he??? or bigger than the espy's

Things more important than the ESPY's:

1 - Spend time with your kids without all the extra media hype
2 - Work on your game (every player can add something or do something a little better, even Kobe)
3 - Work on business deals/sponsorship contracts

Im' pretty sure that those things are all more important to Lebron. The man is hungry for a championship...and is always working hard to improve his game. (Just like Kobe has been his whole career.)

Maybe you think that receiving a meaningless award is more important than a championship, but I somehow doubt Lebron does.

fansince'76
07-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Things more important than the ESPY's:

1 - Spend time with your kids without all the extra media hype
2 - Work on your game (every player can add something or do something a little better, even Kobe)
3 - Work on business deals/sponsorship contracts.

I would think just about anything could take precedence over an awards show held by the absolute joke of a network that is Disney Channel II. A few more additions to that list, if I may:

4. Clean out cat's litter box.
5. Regrout bathtub.
6. Clean out bellybutton lint.

xfl2001fan
07-22-2009, 11:11 AM
I would think just about anything could take precedence over an awards show held by the absolute joke of a network that is Disney Channel II. A few more additions to that list, if I may:

4. Clean out cat's litter box.
5. Regrout bathtub.
6. Clean out bellybutton lint.

I would switch 4 and 6...and put the ESPY's as 6A or 6B...It is (afterall) a fans show...and that's really who these guys are playing for.

SteelersinCA
07-23-2009, 12:37 AM
I've now seen the dunk, it wasn't that impressive, although he did get smashed on. Regardless, the MVP award is pretty meaningless, no more or less than an ESPY in my opinion, but LBJ went ALL OUT for that. Only press conference I ever recall for the MVP award, not to mention the shirts. Just interesting how one award that isn't a championship gets his attention and another doesn't.

xfl2001fan
07-23-2009, 06:07 AM
I've seen the dunk...he was late on the help defense. IMO it wasn't a big deal.

As for the hype around the MVP...that was during the season when he was in game shape and all of his teammates were there. IMO, he knew that they were present and he could include them all in the ceremony. Much harder to pull that off during the offseason for an ESPY.

So long as he's working on his game or spending time with his kids...I don't mind him missing the ESPY.

revefsreleets
07-23-2009, 07:59 AM
Saying the MVP is meaningless doesn't ring true. It's THE major individual NBA award, and it's voted on by all the sportswriters.

I also saw the dunk finally. Yawn.

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Here is a link to the dunk. Pretty much like Crawford said.....LBJ-MVP jumped late.

http://ebaumnation.com/2009/07/22/jordan-crawford-dunks-on-lebron-james

IMO, James handlers made this way worse than if it had just got out the day after.

SteelersinCA
07-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Saying the MVP is meaningless doesn't ring true. It's THE major individual NBA award, and it's voted on by all the sportswriters.

I also saw the dunk finally. Yawn.

And individual awards in team sports mean what? MVP awards are a disaster in my opinion, is it the most valuable player or the one who puts up the biggest numbers? Not saying LBj didn't deserve it but to me it means just as much as the ESPY.

revefsreleets
07-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Laughable. It's like the award has meaning when YOUR player wins it, but it's suddenly a marginal award when the guy you don't like wins it. A truly sliding scale of merit...

Steel Head
07-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Kobe and the Lakers reaction to Queen James getting dunked on:

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt232/nham423/gifbinawesomeshot.gif

lol

MACH1
07-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Kobe and the Lakers reaction to Queen James getting dunked on:

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt232/nham423/gifbinawesomeshot.gif

lol

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

SteelersinCA
07-23-2009, 01:04 PM
Laughable. It's like the award has meaning when YOUR player wins it, but it's suddenly a marginal award when the guy you don't like wins it. A truly sliding scale of merit...

Show me where I ever said it has merit because Kobe won it last year. It has no more or less merit than the ESPY for best NBA player for x year. You can attach whatever merit you want to it. Having sportswriters vote on it doesn't give it anymore merit in my eyes. Perhaps less seeing as how some of the MVP votes have turned out.

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Having sportswriters vote on it doesn't give it anymore merit in my eyes. Perhaps less seeing as how some of the MVP votes have turned out.

I'm OK with sportswriters voting on the MVP, but you are right. Steve Nash has 2 MVP trophies and I really question at least one of them.

I just think its funny that he never walked around in public with a shirt that said "SN-MVP"

SteelersinCA
07-23-2009, 02:11 PM
To be fair, I don't like fans being to sole vote for the MVP either, but to pretend as though the league MVP has more merit than another award because the sportswriters vote on it is questionable at best.

The second part of that is pretty much my point exactly. He holds a press conference and makes a huge deal out of the MVP and doesn't even show up to the ESPYs. Even if you believe the MVP award is superior to the ESPY, you can't, with any intellectual honesty, say there is that much of a disparity between the two that one doesn't even warrant your presence.

But his supporters say he was honing his game or doing something else more important than the ESPYs. Remind me again when did LBJ receive the MVP award and hold that big press conference and drag his team down to Akron for it? Was it during the playoffs?? Maybe Lebron has his priorities amiss, maybe he should have been "honing his game" then. Perhaps if he did he'd have more than a lousy LBJ-MVP T-shirt to show at the end of the season. :chuckle:

revefsreleets
07-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Most fans are idiots. I mean, literally, like 80% know next to nothing. At least the sportwriters have an understanding of the game...

ESPY is a joke. It's based on online voting...which is about as credible as "Teen Beat" magazine...

Personally, I could care less about either award, as LBJ's legit status as best player in the NBA is pinned to neither (nor is it based on Championships)

Steel Head
07-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Most fans are idiots. I mean, literally, like 80% know next to nothing. At least the sportwriters have an understanding of the game...

ESPY is a joke. It's based on online voting...which is about as credible as "Teen Beat" magazine...

Personally, I could care less about either award, as LBJ's legit status as best player in the NBA is pinned to neither (nor is it based on Championships)

individual awards and "best player in the NBA status" mean nothing compared to winning championships in team sports

revefsreleets
07-23-2009, 02:35 PM
For the tenth time, in TEAM sports, you CANNOT judge a player based on his teams accomplishments. That works for tennis and golf...

I have two names that completely shut that faulty line of logic down: Dan Marino and Barry Sanders

It's just stupid...Jordan didn't win his first championship until he was 28, but he was already the best player in the NBA.

Next!

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Maybe Lebron has his priorities amiss, maybe he should have been "honing his game" then. :

Phil Taylor of CNNSI wrote an interesting piece which shows there might be some kind of "diva tendencies" in LBJ's personality starting to emerge. I hope it isnt the case, because he is a good kid and an amazing talent.......he shouldnt have to stoop to some of these actions.

Some diva tendencies are starting to show, first pouting after a big loss and now trying to suppress video that shows him as something less than a superman for about five seconds. It's a little like an actress who won't allow herself to be photographed unless her makeup is on and the lighting is perfect. It would be a shame to see James, who has been so appealing in part because he has seemed so natural and down-to-earth, turn into the kind of celebrity athlete who becomes so self-absorbed he can't handle defeat with grace or so image conscious he tries to micro-manage the flow of information about him that reaches the public.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/phil_taylor/07/23/lebron.tape/index.html?eref=sihpT1

I really dont think you can compare an ESPY to a league MVP. Seriously........the fans voted Nastia Lukin the ESPY as best female athlete over several other real female athletes. Gymnastics is a judged sport where its more important if you picked a good piece of music for your floor exercises ........than how athletic it is. An ESPY = Peoples Choice Award. NBA-MVP = Oscar.

revefsreleets
07-23-2009, 03:17 PM
I live 20 miles from him. My dad knows him and his mom (he's sat in Gloria's loge before). There are a lot of people around him who actually KNOW without speculating.

This is largely a construct of the media to make something out of nothing. He's been in this position for a long time, why would he digress as he gets older and wiser?

Mountains out of molehills....

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-23-2009, 03:33 PM
He's been in this position for a long time, why would he digress as he gets older and wiser?

I honestly hope he is not digressing as time goes on with more exposure to increased fame, expectations, scrutiny and wealth. I think he is the best thing for the game right now and hope he continues to get more humble with experience and mature like Chris Carter, Michael Jordan and others have.

You could say that Michael Vick, Mike Tyson, Michael Jackson are all examples of celebs that digressed with increased age and fame and became self centered. Again, I hope that needing to confiscate meaningless video and wear an MVP shirt in public are just temporary bad judgements and not a trend.

I would love to see LBJ continue to act like he did his first few years in the NBA.....More like Bill Russell and less like Shaq.

revefsreleets
07-23-2009, 03:46 PM
By all accounts, he is. However, scrutiny IS increasing, and, along with the increased notoriety come the detractors and haters...

Just look at this thread...even some of the more intelligent people lose their heads on this subject because they don't like the guy. If there's a market to feed that hate, some element of the pop media will always be feeding it...

TackleMeBen
07-23-2009, 06:24 PM
LeBron James struggled with sudden fame after appearing on Sports Illustrated's cover as a 17-year-old and admits he smoked marijuana during his junior year in high school.

http://www.rr.com/sports/sports/article/2030/8427947/James_reveals_struggles_with_prep_fame_in_new_book

SteelersinCA
07-23-2009, 11:35 PM
By all accounts, he is. However, scrutiny IS increasing, and, along with the increased notoriety come the detractors and haters...

Just look at this thread...even some of the more intelligent people lose their heads on this subject because they don't like the guy. If there's a market to feed that hate, some element of the pop media will always be feeding it...

I've said all along I like him, I just hate the Cavs, I hope he wins plenty of titles just not in Cleveland. That being said there were several things about LBJ I did not like to see this year. El Gonzo already brought most of them up. Hopefully he can take a page from Kobe (in all seriousness) and mature Kobe showed diva tendencies as well but came around. If Lebron can learn from his mistakes, that would be nice. You can't deny there are at least warning signs.

Steel Head
07-24-2009, 07:49 AM
For the tenth time, in TEAM sports, you CANNOT judge a player based on his teams accomplishments. That works for tennis and golf...

I have two names that completely shut that faulty line of logic down: Dan Marino and Barry Sanders

It's just stupid...Jordan didn't win his first championship until he was 28, but he was already the best player in the NBA.

Next!

You just dont get it. :doh:

I am saying that nobody cares if LEbron is slightly better than Kobe, all that matters is winning championships

Marino would give up all his records in an instant to have won the SB, that's a fact he said so himself

Would you rather have Big Ben unanimously declared the best QB in the league over Manning and Brady or would you like to see him keep winning SB's?

revefsreleets
07-24-2009, 07:57 AM
I completely get it.

Here, I'll type slower so even the particularly dull witted can understand.

LeBron is the best player in the league. He doesn't need titles or awards to prove it...but those titles WILL COME BECAUSE he's the best player, not in spite of it. As I clearly stated, Michael Jordan was the best player in the NBA before he won a single title. He'd have still BEEN the best player had he won zero titles. He elevated the play of those around him, which is the mark of a champion, but so does LeBron. He just needs a little better talent around him and he'll get it done.

The "Titles = greatness" is empty and invalid.

SteelersinCA
07-26-2009, 11:32 AM
http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&&mediaKey=5eb87283-c65b-42f0-a84b-bcb2c30f39d6&isShareURL=true

This is dated July 24th, looks like Lebron wasn't too busy working on his game to come to LA. Here he is a week later in LA. Not that it makes any real difference, just goes to show the "working on his game" excuse for not attending the ESPYs just went out the window.

MACH1
07-26-2009, 01:06 PM
The "Titles = greatness" is empty and invalid.

Oh Really?

Ask Magic, Bird, Russel, Bradshaw, ect ect. Or even the gods gift to football Brady. Titles is greatness. With out those three sb's would the football world be slobbering over brady like they do? Yeah, thats what I thought.

This is in no way a dig against lbj. But IF he never wins a ring, he'll go the way of stockton, malone, barkley.

xfl2001fan
07-26-2009, 02:17 PM
You give us a video liking to Paula Abdul as proof? Seriously?

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-26-2009, 02:26 PM
This is in no way a dig against lbj. But IF he never wins a ring, he'll go the way of stockton, malone, barkley.

That is the truth!!!!

But, I really think LBJ can get his championship (s) with a decent coach, a true 2nd scorer and some valuable role players. Right now with Ilgauskis, Verajo, Szerbiak, Delonte....he didnt have enough. This year hinges on what Shaq shows up( motivated or fat Shaq).

RoethlisBURGHer
07-26-2009, 03:25 PM
From the reports, the reporters and cameramen were told they could not film the pickup game. Apparently, this has been a rule of Nike's for a long time.

This is a Nike camp that LeBron does every year and carries his namesake. Once again, it is a NIKE camp.

When Nike officials found the two guys recording, they went over and told them to stop and confiscate the tapes.

I have not read one thing that says LeBron James whined to the Nike officials, but that Nike did this on their own.

So I do not see why everyone is hating on LBJ over this. If you want to hate on anyone, hate on Nike.

And yes, LBJ won the MVP while Kobe won a championship. A championship is a team accomplishment and the Lakers were a better team this season than the Cavs. You cannot blame LeBron James for the failures of his teammates against Orlando. LeBron played some hella good ball in that series, the rest of the team forgot how to shoot and defend.

SteelersinCA
07-26-2009, 04:31 PM
You give us a video liking to Paula Abdul as proof? Seriously?

You seriously can't see the one above it? Seriously? Don't know why it plays Paula for you, maybe it's smarter than we are or maybe it's just helping you "hone your game." :chuckle:

revefsreleets
07-27-2009, 08:13 AM
I'm sorry, I simply refuse to buy into the train of thought that the greatest players are somehow lessened is they don't win championships. If you're a golfer, or a bowler, or a tennis player, sure, but in a team sport one man cannot carry an entire team.

This is fairly moot anyway...as I've repeatedly stated, Michael Jordan was the best player in the NBA long before he won his first ring. LBJ is in the same boat...and the rings will come.