PDA

View Full Version : 50 Things I Hate About Yinz...

SteelCityKing
07-09-2009, 09:46 AM
i was thinking of starting this thread the other day and i finally got around to it. i know how all of you guys LOVE the Pittsburgh Steelers. some, more than others, would die for your team and if you could pick any super power it would be to infact bleed black and gold. but i just have to ask this one question and i don't want to pick any fights and i don't want to be the d*ckhead of the group (if i haven't already been established as such). but i know for the fact that there are people out there who hate us...and they LOVE to hate us. Steelers fans and the Steelers organization itself. so, i ask you this...

...what do YOU really dislike or what displeases you about the PIttsburgh Steelers? i know everyone (fan or not) has their little buggaboos and nitpicks and things they really can't stand. i know i have a few. but, i want to know what really grinds your gears SteelersFever.com members. top 50...i'll kick it off.

50. not that this really has anything to do with the franchise or organization itself, but it's more directed towards the haters and opposing fans. i HATE it when the only comeback and stupid nickname people have for our team is the "Shitsburgh Squealers!" i think that is one of the LAMEST nicknames and comebacks of all time and it drives me up the wall. granted, every team has their own nickname opposing fans give them, but our nickname is the dumbest i've ever heard and i hate it. truly.

revefsreleets
07-09-2009, 09:52 AM
49. The ridiculous argument asserted ONLY by some Pittsburghers that you must live in Pittsburgh to be a REAL Steeler fan, or the equally ridiculous argument that if you are a Steeler fan, you MUST only be fan of other Pittsburgh teams, or, again, you aren't a real fan.

Dino 6 Rings
07-09-2009, 09:53 AM
48. Steelers fans who also root for PSU. That drives me crazy.:flap:

Steel Head
07-09-2009, 09:54 AM
47. Ohio bandwagoners :flap:

SteelCityKing
07-09-2009, 09:57 AM
49. The ridiculous argument asserted ONLY by some Pittsburghers that you must live in Pittsburgh to be a REAL Steeler fan, or the equally ridiculous argument that if you are a Steeler fan, you MUST only be fan of other Pittsburgh teams, or, again, you aren't a real fan.

haha! that's a good one. that pisses me off to the fullest. i love all Pittsburgh teams, but i respect a lot of other professional sports all over the nation. a lot of teams i don't really care for (a lot in PA) but i also respect the person...THE PERSON who roots for a team that i don't like. i'll bust their chops and make them feel like crap for being a fan of that team, but it's all in good fun and i give them the utmost props for loving their team through thick and thin. there's nothing wrong with having friends who love other teams.

SteelCityKing
07-09-2009, 09:58 AM
47. Ohio bandwagoners :flap:

the irony of it all, Ben Roethlisberger is FROM Ohio. it's like Westside Story, or the Montagues versus the Capulets. it's a battle of epic proportions...

...well, not really. but it's just ironic i guess. :noidea:

SteelCityKing
07-09-2009, 10:00 AM
46. the nickname "Fast" Willie Parker. that's the most unoriginal name i've ever heard. it's like saying, "hi...i'm "Ball Thrower" Ben Roethlisberger." or "sup? i'm "Dude Tackler" James Harrison!" haha!

Steel Head
07-09-2009, 10:02 AM
the irony of it all, Ben Roethlisberger is FROM Ohio. it's like Westside Story, or the Montagues versus the Capulets. it's a battle of epic proportions...

...well, not really. but it's just ironic i guess. :noidea:

bigger irony for the Penn State comment is Franco Harris and Jack Ham are from Penn State and we have had a Penn State alum on our roster in all 7 of our Super Bowl appearences.

I dont remember any good Pitt players playing for the Steelers

revefsreleets
07-09-2009, 10:03 AM
I have a picture of when I was SIX wearing a Steelers jersey. When I was 12, my entire room was done in B&G, including black and gold drapes (they didn't even have such things back then, my mom had to make them).

Having the veracity of my fanhood questioned by some of the lessor and more dimwitted posters here is really starting to chap my ass...

SteelCityKing
07-09-2009, 10:06 AM
I have a picture of when I was SIX wearing a Steelers jersey. When I was 12, my entire room was done in B&G, including black and gold drapes (they didn't even have such things back then, my mom had to make them).

Having the veracity of my fanhood questioned by some of the slower and lessor dimwitted posters here is really starting to chap my ass...

ahhh...the homemade Steelers memorabilia. when i was 7, i had a Hanes white tee with black and yellow Sharpie'd stripes on the sleeves and the numbers "1/2" written on them. the highlight was, it was a custom jersey. it had my last name on it. mom was an excellent craftswoman. haha!

mmalone
07-09-2009, 10:21 AM

Having the veracity of my fanhood questioned by some of the lessor and more dimwitted posters here is really starting to chap my ass...

im going out on a limb here. take it easy on me...

Picture 1972 wearing my black hat with gold ball.. carrying a trombone to school..
not being very big for my age. living on the east side of cleveland. getting beat for being a steelers fan. then.. here the one thing i hate and still hear to this day.
how dumb the steelers are and back in the day, in 1972-75 how dumb bradshaw is .. 6 superbowls later i still here cleveland folks saying how dumb the steelers are.. and they cheat so much.. its bizzare... luckily i do live in Florida now.

We have some great steeler bars down here.

ps. my father made us all steeler fans because he hated modell back in the 60's already.

tony hipchest
07-09-2009, 10:35 AM
48. people intentionally typing with an accent to prove their pittsburghness. "arn city" "dahntahn".

i mean c'mon. i dont feel the need to type with an ever so slight spanish/texan southwestern twang, even though i may subconsciously shorthand terms such as "gonna" ( going to).

SteelCityKing
07-09-2009, 10:40 AM
45. when people say "Picksburgh Stillers." ughhhh! UGGGGH!

BlastFurnace
07-09-2009, 10:58 AM
44. As an organization, the only thing that bothers me is that they won't negotiate a new contract during the season...that they cut off all negotiations before the season begins.

BlastFurnace
07-09-2009, 11:01 AM
43. Another thing that drives me crazy is the nickname for Mendenhall..."Mendy". We had "The Bus", "Fast Willie", and now... "Mendy"? This is a big, tough RB. We need to give him a better nickname than that.

The_WARDen
07-09-2009, 11:08 AM
42. This is kind of a Catch 22 with me. Ben's unwillingness to give up on play and live to fight another play. It usually results in him getting clobbered and/or turning the ball over. However, it does lead to miracle plays...so I'm a little torn.

The_WARDen
07-09-2009, 11:11 AM
41. The franchise QB getting sacked 40+ times a season.

Steel Head
07-09-2009, 11:12 AM
45. when people say "Picksburgh Stillers." ughhhh! UGGGGH!

Stillers is cool (pittsburgh thing, you ohio people might not get it)

but Picksburgh? wtf is that?

The_WARDen
07-09-2009, 11:13 AM
40. Ike Taylor's hands of stone. Great cover corner...if he could just catch, he could be even that much better.

MACH1
07-09-2009, 11:13 AM
39. I joined this site before you, so you must be a bandwagoner.

The_WARDen
07-09-2009, 11:16 AM

That should be a top 5 one. Awesome!

The_WARDen
07-09-2009, 11:17 AM
38. Other fans telling you how to be a fan. The Fan Police!

revefsreleets
07-09-2009, 11:27 AM
37. Fans who know better than the coaches and FO

atlsteelers
07-09-2009, 11:29 AM
36. Bruce Arians - somebody had to write it.

revefsreleets
07-09-2009, 11:41 AM
35. 465 concurrent "I hate Bruce Arians" or "Fire Bruce Arians" threads...

The_WARDen
07-09-2009, 11:42 AM
34. They don't run the ball! Even though they didn't win a thing with the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense.

devilsdancefloor
07-09-2009, 11:44 AM
35. fans who can not find anyting wrong with your opinion, so decide to attack the poster.

devilsdancefloor
07-09-2009, 11:45 AM
34. rod woodson leaving for the niners

MACH1
07-09-2009, 11:48 AM
33. Bu Bu Bu But Bush..............oh wait :chuckle:

Steel-Bryan
07-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Well idk if this has anything to do with this, but i hate when the steelers games aren't on tv and i have to use the game tracker on nfl.com :thmbdown:

MACH1
07-09-2009, 11:57 AM
33. Game time threads if were behind by a point in the first quarter, half the "fans" through in the towel. And start whining about how bad the team sucks.

Steel Head
07-09-2009, 12:03 PM
32. Fans that think we should abandon the running game because you know we got Big Ben. ugh

KeiselPower99
07-09-2009, 12:28 PM
31. Bandwagon Fans. As for the Picksburgh saying. Im told its how they say Pittsburgh in Western Pa.

Steel Head
07-09-2009, 12:33 PM
As for the Picksburgh saying. Im told its how they say Pittsburgh in Western Pa.

eh, some people but it's not as bad as you'd think

but yeah, almost everyone calls them the "Stillers"

Dino 6 Rings
07-09-2009, 03:21 PM
30. Not Drafting Dan Marino and paying for it with an entire Decade of mediocre QB play.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-09-2009, 03:24 PM
29. Letting Kordell Stewart play QB instead of keeping him in the Slash role for his entire Steelers career.

stlrtruck
07-09-2009, 03:45 PM
28. Those who think that because I live in the Tampa, FL area that I should forsake all ties to the Stillers and be a buccaneers fan!

steelax04
07-09-2009, 04:13 PM
28. Those who think that because I live in the Tampa, FL area that I should forsake all ties to the Stillers and be a buccaneers fan!

28a. Those who think that because I live in the Philadelphia, PA area that I should be an Eagles fan... especially that ex-wife of mine..... :banging:

Preacher
07-09-2009, 04:15 PM
27. Fans who rant and rave about the how this decision and that decision sucks and the Steelers are doing this and that wrong. . .

and then call other fans "Fan Police" because they don't like an opinion to be challenged, or don't like it being pointed out that they are acting like petulant children.

Preacher
07-09-2009, 04:18 PM
26. Fans who think that we have abandoned the run game. . . and cry for the days of "bettis" and "cowher" when we couldn't win the big games.

Preacher
07-09-2009, 04:20 PM
The fact that the FO/coach always has the press conference on Teusdays, so it is pretty much overlooked by ESPN, NFL network (those of us on the other side of the country for years could only rely on ESPN to hear the presser!!

Preacher
07-09-2009, 04:21 PM
24. People who think post-counts matter

Preacher
07-09-2009, 04:22 PM
23. People who :pw: in these kind of threads. . .

Oh wait.... DANG IT. :doh: :chuckle:

stillers4me
07-09-2009, 04:36 PM
24. People who think post-counts matter

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/plus1.gif

Dino 6 Rings
07-09-2009, 04:41 PM
22. Monday Morning "We should have ran the ball on 3rd and 1 in that spot!" as well as Monday Morning "We should have Thrown the Ball on 3rd on 1 in that spot!" in regards to which ever one did not happen to work in the same game.

Dino 6 Rings
07-09-2009, 04:42 PM
(disclaimer) I still feel we shouldn't have been throwing the ball against the Colts going into half time with a big lead.

touchdownward
07-09-2009, 05:04 PM
21. New "fans" who will be wearing a different color jersey come mid-season.

steelreserve
07-09-2009, 05:33 PM
20. Fans who bitch and moan about how other fans bitch and moan too much.

(... wait, did I just create a paradox by bitching and moaning about that?)

steelreserve
07-09-2009, 05:39 PM
19. The fact that ever since we won the Super Bowl in 2005, if you live outside of Pittsburgh and you show up sporting a new Steelers jersey/hat/bumper sticker/you name it ... people automatically assume you're a bandwagoner who only started liking the team when they won the Super Bowl. Even if your new jersey is only because it's for a new player, or the bumper sticker was to replace the old one that was peeling off.

(If I had my pick of problems to have, I guess tha'ts a relatively nice one).

MasterOfPuppets
07-09-2009, 05:40 PM
yeah those goobers fail to realize that the population of pittsburgh and the surrounding area, wouldn't be enough to support a team. if it weren't for a loyal fanbase willing to make the voyage and buying thier products (gear) , there would be no team in pittsburgh

fansince'76
07-09-2009, 06:02 PM
18. Dumb offseason threads....

MasterOfPuppets
07-09-2009, 06:06 PM
:rofl:

NEPAsteeler
07-09-2009, 09:08 PM

I live about 2 hours north of Philly and about 2 hours west of New York so people tend to think that I'm automatically either an Eagles or Giants/Jets fan. I hate that. There's A LOT of Steelers fans out here!

BehindSteelCurtain
07-09-2009, 09:14 PM
18. Dumb offseason threads....

:chuckle::rofl:

HometownGal
07-09-2009, 09:14 PM
18. People who NEVER show up around here when the Steelers are winning but are the first to point their fickled fingers of fooktard-ism as soon as the Steelers lose a game. :upyours:

Hammer Of The GODS
07-09-2009, 09:16 PM
17. The long ass wait to get season tickets. :banging:

HometownGal
07-09-2009, 09:17 PM
16. Scapegoat hunters. :banging:

BehindSteelCurtain
07-09-2009, 09:19 PM
15. The wait from February to September

stlrtruck
07-09-2009, 09:37 PM
14. Various useless articles on what players are doing during the off-season!

tony hipchest
07-09-2009, 10:13 PM
14. Various useless articles on what players are doing during the off-season!i dont know truck....

in the days of s. mcnair and d. stallworth, i love reading about our players working out with t. shaw in orlando, ben golfing with MJ, spaeth working with and learning from deaf children, heath miniature golfing, and sweed spending time with sickle cell patients.

sure beats motorcycle accidents, bitchslaps over baptismals, and whatever the hell c. wilson had going on (hostage situations locking down neighborhoods) with that woman he was with (whatever it was it ended his career).

onefortheotherhand
07-10-2009, 12:14 AM
13. people talking shit about the O-line even though they eventually got it together and helped us win a superbowl

(how else would have ben been able to do those harry houdini plays)

LVSteelersfan
07-10-2009, 12:46 AM
I also hate the ones who say I can't be a real Steeler fan because I grew up in Montana. Sorry, I am a DIEHARD Steeler fan and have been since 1969. I also hate people who attack me for my opinion on the Steelers. That "I am right, you are wrong" attitude is condescending and stupid on a message board. Sorry, but my opinion is my opinion and some smart A $ $ remark by some message board bully is not going to change it most of the time.

Steelers & I
07-10-2009, 01:19 AM
I hate the stupid game announcers who always say during the telecast of Steelers away games: "These Steelers fans travel well".

When are these morons going to get it, Steelers fans aren't flying or hopping a bus out of Pittsburgh every weekend to attend Steelers games all across the country, the damn Steelers fans are ALREADY THERE. They reside EVERYWHERE. Steelers NATION is not a myth, it's fact.

stlrtruck
07-10-2009, 07:47 AM
i dont know truck....

in the days of s. mcnair and d. stallworth, i love reading about our players working out with t. shaw in orlando, ben golfing with MJ, spaeth working with and learning from deaf children, heath miniature golfing, and sweed spending time with sickle cell patients.

sure beats motorcycle accidents, bitchslaps over baptismals, and whatever the hell c. wilson had going on (hostage situations locking down neighborhoods) with that woman he was with (whatever it was it ended his career).

I guess it just gets to be a thorn in the side when the media is only reporting the terrible stories instead of the feel good stories like what Ben does with the police forces, or Spaeth and the deaf community. I mean really if these guys weren't famous would we hear one word about what they were doing on their day off? And why in the hell are we so enamored with knowing what they are doing?

I would compare it to an article on what Obama is doing on his day off. I DON'T CARE what he does with his family or on his down time. Leave the man alone for a few hours to be a father and husband. I'm more concerned with what he does for the nation. While the articles on his down time may be a good read, it's irrelevant to his position.

The_WARDen
07-10-2009, 08:02 AM
19. The fact that ever since we won the Super Bowl in 2005, if you live outside of Pittsburgh and you show up sporting a new Steelers jersey/hat/bumper sticker/you name it ... people automatically assume you're a bandwagoner who only started liking the team when they won the Super Bowl. Even if your new jersey is only because it's for a new player, or the bumper sticker was to replace the old one that was peeling off.

(If I had my pick of problems to have, I guess tha'ts a relatively nice one).

tis one of the reasons why I refuse to get a new bumper sticker right now even though the helmet color on the one I have is grey and not black and you can barely make out Steelers on it.

Although I did buy a new winter coat 2 winters ago so I guess that defeated the purpose...

:noidea:

The_WARDen
07-10-2009, 08:04 AM
28a. Those who think that because I live in the Philadelphia, PA area that I should be an Eagles fan... especially that ex-wife of mine..... :banging:

Fight the bEagle fans! My comeback is always why would I want to root for a bunch of losers when the Steeler tradition has already been instilled in me.

Steely McSmash
07-10-2009, 09:23 AM
12. Fans who think multiple 7th rounders are LOCKS to make the team.

Steely McSmash
07-10-2009, 09:25 AM
11. People expecting something out of a WR their first year in the league.

10. People calling the Rooney's cheap

Steel Head
07-10-2009, 09:41 AM
10. People calling the Rooney's cheap

lol, that's a good one!

steelax04
07-10-2009, 09:44 AM
I hate the stupid game announcers who always say during the telecast of Steelers away games: "These Steelers fans travel well".

When are these morons going to get it, Steelers fans aren't flying or hopping a bus out of Pittsburgh every weekend to attend Steelers games all across the country, the damn Steelers fans are ALREADY THERE. They reside EVERYWHERE. Steelers NATION is not a myth, it's fact.

I wish I could remember what game it was that I was watching, but one of the announcers said the typical "Steelers fans travel well" comment and the other announcer corrected him saying how Steelers fans are already everywhere and don't need to travel. So there's at least one announcer out there that understands Steeler nation! :tt03:

steelax04
07-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Fight the bEagle fans! My comeback is always why would I want to root for a bunch of losers when the Steeler tradition has already been instilled in me.

Yeah, she couldn't understand the simple fact that all of my family is from the State College, PA area where it's PSU and Steelers... so I was born into a Steelers household.

"...but, but, but you live in Philadelphia, you SHOULD be an Eagles fan..."

Finally I had to kick her to the curb. :wave:

steelax04
07-10-2009, 09:49 AM
I only have 70 some posts so I need to pad my count with this thread so I get some street cred.

Three posts in a row should do it... :laughing:

that and this smilie rocks... :yeehaw:

T.Richardson
07-10-2009, 11:32 AM
9. Fans that want "smashmouth" football back. It didnt win multiple championships when Cowher was here, and its a different league than it was in the 70's (passing was much harder)

Dino 6 Rings
07-10-2009, 11:50 AM
8. Steelers fans who use bad gross "nicknames" when referring to other teams, Like "Stains" or "Bungholes" or nasty names like that. Just lame.

fansince'76
07-10-2009, 11:59 AM
8. Steelers fans who use bad gross "nicknames" when referring to other teams, Like "Stains" or "Bungholes" or nasty names like that. Just lame.

"Rat-Turds." :chuckle:

Steel Head
07-10-2009, 12:05 PM

so you are saying Myron Cope is lame?

that's lame

Dino 6 Rings
07-10-2009, 12:09 PM
so you are saying Myron Cope is lame?

that's lame

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, you nailed me.

Pretty sure Myron never said Stains or Bungholes. Bungles sure, but I don't think he used disgusting terms.

atlsteelers
07-10-2009, 12:14 PM
i was saving this one.

7. Steeley McBeam

Steelman16
07-10-2009, 02:04 PM
6. How almost no Steelers players ever get the respect that they deserve. Including from supposed Steelers fans! Fast Willie Parker, anyone?

Dino 6 Rings
07-10-2009, 03:14 PM
5. How time and time again the Front Office cuts away a player at the perfect time and lets them go to free agency or cuts them out right at the perfect point in their career for the youth on the team to take over and not over pay for an aging veteran that isn't willing to take a minor role or less money. Time and Time again they get it right, but some fans, complain everytime.

Preacher
07-10-2009, 03:55 PM
4. (though this is true for all teams) Fans who whine and cry about trolls, and then go and troll other teams boards.

MasterOfPuppets
07-10-2009, 04:06 PM
3. the know it all fans that think that nobody watches the games, or knows the game quite as well as they do. as if they're the only ones that have ever played organized football...:laughing:

Dino 6 Rings
07-10-2009, 04:12 PM
3. the know it all fans that think that nobody watches the games, or knows the game quite as well as they do. as if they're the only ones that have ever played organized football...:laughing:

The EA Sports Madden Know it All fan that thinks because a Play Action pass on 4th and 35 from your own 18 yard line gets a touchdown in the Video Game that it will work on Sunday in the real NFL!!!

steelreserve
07-10-2009, 04:32 PM

The EA Sports Madden Know it All fan that thinks because a Play Action pass on 4th and 35 from your own 18 yard line gets a touchdown in the Video Game that it will work on Sunday in the real NFL!!!

Hey, that worked for me once. On the last play of the Super Bowl. It was one of the most exciting video game finishes to anything ever. Although for some reason it was against the Rams, which doesn't make any sense at all.

SteelCityKing
07-10-2009, 05:14 PM
1. now that Troy Polamalu is on the cover of Madden NFL 10...here's comes the Madden Curse to Pittsburgh. if that be the cae, let the Madden Curse hit up Arizona too. haha!

there is no Madden Curse. there are no such thing as curses. except the Redsox...and maybe the Pirates since Bonds left...and the Curse of the Black Pearl...and curse words! ANYWAYS...

i don't think that is the number one reason i dislike the Steelers. but i'm sure we'll hear a lot about the Madden Curse now.

my true number one reason i dislike the Steelers has to be the amount of bandwagoners and fari weather fans. i know we've discussed that topic 100 times over and probably 1,000 times since i've been on the boards, but i have to admit, i hate bandwagoners and fairweather fans. granted, i'm in no place to criticize people on their fandom. i'm torn because Rasheed Wallace went to the Celtics and i hate the Celtics. hate them. but i still love Rasheed. so, i don't want to sound like a hypocrite. but when someone from Pittsburgh who i KNOW loves the Steelers tells me she wants the Patriots to win because "Tom Brady is smokin' hot!" (and that's the ONLY reason) really makes me sick.

1. fairweather fans, bandwagoners, and opposing fans and their stupid nicknames for us. but then again, it's not the franchises fault we are so awesome and everyone is jealous of our awesomeness. haha! that's my REAL number one.

T.Richardson
07-10-2009, 07:17 PM
0. Fans that say they been a fan of a team since 1925....

pancake
07-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Well I waited too late to get in the top 50, even though I seen a couple of posts that were the same.

Mine would be " Losing to Dallas in the Super Bowl". :banging:

Preacher
07-10-2009, 08:46 PM
-2 Fans that believe (insert team here) are going to be better than us because of the offseason freeagent pickup's they just made.

Preacher
07-10-2009, 08:47 PM
-3. Fans that claim "you cannot root for any other team, or your not a diehard fan"

Steelman16
07-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Hey, that worked for me once. On the last play of the Super Bowl. It was one of the most exciting video game finishes to anything ever. Although for some reason it was against the Rams, which doesn't make any sense at all.

Dude, no way! I beat the Rams in the super bowl with that play. Over 70 yards. Touchdown, time expired, and I won. It was crazy.

Yeah, I play Madden. :doh:

JackHammer
07-11-2009, 01:57 AM
-4 Steely McBeam :mad:

Kaeg
07-11-2009, 08:23 AM
One thing I've noticed: The vast majority of these "complaints" are more fan related or opposing team's fans related rather than about our team. I think that speaks volumes. We don't have too much to complain about with our team, do we? It's a nice place to be.

HometownGal
07-11-2009, 07:14 PM
We don't have too much to complain about with our team, do we? It's a nice place to be.

I agree 100%, but even though we just won a Super Bowl in February, you'd swear the Steelers finished 0-16 with some of the nitpicking and dunderheaded remarks around here. :banging:

SteelCityMan786
07-11-2009, 09:16 PM
48. Steelers fans who also root for PSU. That drives me crazy.:flap:

I heard that.

Funny considering a good fraction of Penn State's PA Resident Alum live in Allegheny County. Not to mention there are a fair amount of PSU Fans that live in Pittsburgh.

37. Fans who know better than the coaches and FO

That annoys me to. Until you have played, coached. reffed, or have had something to do with organized Football(Meaning you weren't just being a fan, I'm talking along the lines of someone who is a Front office employee) in reality, you don't know what it's like.

That is very annoying. I've went to other cities(Washington, DC for example) and a good fraction of the people that live there are STEELERS fans. It probably has nothing to do with the fact that the Skins play in Landover either.

23. People who :pw: in these kind of threads. . .

Oh wait.... DANG IT. :doh: :chuckle:

You're a creature of your own hatred.

21. New "fans" who will be wearing a different color jersey come mid-season.

Nothing more needs to be said :drink:

18. People who NEVER show up around here when the Steelers are winning but are the first to point their fickled fingers of fooktard-ism as soon as the Steelers lose a game. :upyours:

Hmmmm, something you and I hold in common.

16. Scapegoat hunters. :banging:

Individual moments might screw up games, but at the end of the day if the TEAM doesn't come back, then odds are they don't deserve to win.

i dont know truck....

It can be comforting to know that the Players are doing what they're supposed to be doing or are doing something else that is good.

(See my response to Rev.)

Here's another pet peeve. Just because something works in a Video Game, doesn't mean it works in real life.

Anyway something that annoys me hmmmmm. When people think that if a team loses just 1 game, that they suck and that they're entitled to have an undefeated team and championships every year when in reality they're entitled to have bad years every once in awhile. In addition whenever they claim to have been sticking behind a team the whole time, but bash a team when they lose.

Big7BenHOF
07-12-2009, 01:16 AM

Ha. Ya know, I just had that happen to me today.

I was at Mayhem Fest here in California and I was wearing my Steelers hat. Some dude comes to me and asks "Are you from Pittsburgh?" I say 'no,' and then he asks why I'm wearing the hat...(what a dumb f***ing question). So then I obviously say "I'm a Steelers fan man, why else?" And then he starts asking me how long I've been a fan....I hate those people... :banging::banging:

HOWEVER, There was another Steelers fan who came up to me and we started talking about the team. :tt02::tt02::tt02:

We represent down here in CA!

sherlock
07-12-2009, 04:39 AM
29. Letting Kordell Stewart play QB instead of keeping him in the Slash role for his entire Steelers career.

Apologies,but who/what is Slash?:noidea:.....not the guitar player I`m guessing!

steelreserve
07-12-2009, 05:34 AM
No, dude. When he was on the Steelers, he played bass. Bass slash receiver. That's why there was the slash.

The JoKeR
07-12-2009, 12:03 PM
I am in the military and move around quite often, and I am always wearing Steelers gear (I even have a Steelers tattoo on my leg!). When I see someone else wearing Steelers gear I always ask if they're from Pittsburgh. Usually they say yes and we BS about the area and the Steelers, but even if they say no I don't hold that against them. Alot of people grew up watching the Steelers and becoming a fan of their work ethic. My family is from Pittsburgh and I don't know what I'd do without Steelers football, but all because someone isn't FROM Pittsburgh doesn't mean they can't be a fan! :)

T.Richardson
07-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Apologies,but who/what is Slash?:noidea:.....not the guitar player I`m guessing!

Kordell Stewart was nicknamed "Slash" He was a pretty decent QB I thought.

There was another "slash" on the Steelers, Antwaan Randle El, since Kordell said he was his "mini me"

touchdownward
07-12-2009, 09:40 PM
No, dude. When he was on the Steelers, he played bass. Bass slash receiver. That's why there was the slash.

Bass???? I thought it was rumored he played the skin flute. :chuckle:

fansince'76
07-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Bass???? I thought it was rumored he played the skin flute. :chuckle:

Or was it male organ? :chuckle:

stillhead
07-13-2009, 07:42 AM
i hate the fact that they built heinz field "dahntahn" and have completely ruined tailgating and the enitre steeler experience. hotels, parking garages, the T tunnel, a casino. what's next? a hospital?

steelballs
07-13-2009, 10:12 AM

BINGO!!! Substitute Tampa w/ Baltimore and the Bucs with the rats and I live with the same idiotic mind set.

vasteeler
07-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Kordell Stewart was nicknamed "Slash" He was a pretty decent QB I thought.
There was another "slash" on the Steelers, Antwaan Randle El, since Kordell said he was his "mini me"

are you sure we are thinking of the same kordell?

Dino 6 Rings
07-13-2009, 11:08 AM
0. Fans that say they been a fan of a team since 1925....

Hold on there Champ...I for one believe that I have a very Old Soul and that I've been re-born plenty of times already...and while I was living my past life as a Poor Lower Class Farm Hand back in 1936, right before I had a heart attack and died alone in a field of newly planted corn, I was a fan of the Football team called the Pittsburgh Steelers.

So there.

HometownGal
07-13-2009, 01:27 PM
i hate the fact that they built heinz field "dahntahn" and have completely ruined tailgating and the enitre steeler experience. hotels, parking garages, the T tunnel, a casino. what's next? a hospital?

Heinz Field isn't "dahntahn" - it's on the North Shore. I don't get where you're going with the "entire Steelers experience being ruined" - I haven't noticed a decline in tailgating parties and drunks filing into Heinz Field to ruin the "experience" for those of us who don't enjoy listening to F bombs and belches all game while having beer dumped on us by unruly drunks while we're trying to enjoy the "experience". :noidea:

Dino 6 Rings
07-13-2009, 01:55 PM
I've been to games in both Heinz and Three Rivers and didn't see any drop off in the partying outside either.

I think someone just wanted to rant.

SteelCityKing
07-13-2009, 02:03 PM
the parking at Heinz Field is God awful! i walked a mile to get to the stadium. granted, i'd walk 100 miles to get to a game. but to pay $40 to walk that far is pretty poopy! ha!

stillhead
07-13-2009, 02:26 PM
north shore? lol. yeah it's a real "shore". it's in the city of pittsburgh, the "dahntahn" comment was reverting back to person who started the post talking about pittsburghese.

yeah, it's real rant wanting to be able to park somewhere within 5 miles of the stadium. haven't noticed a decline in tailgating parties????? seriously? when we were you last there? sure you still have some, the people lucky enough to have a parking pass held over from 3 rivers but it's nowhere near what it used to be. it was nice being able to have a place to park and tailgate. that's the experience. it sounds like hometown gal has had bad experiences. i wish they would have built the new stadium in butler or washington county. would have been nice. but the stadium authority won out.

stlrtruck
07-13-2009, 02:39 PM
The only complaint I have about Heinz Field is that they didn't close in the south endzone. Personally, while I'm at the game I don't much care to see the dahntahn city lights. I'd rather close it in and let there be an opportunity for more fans to make more noise.

If i wanted to see dahntahn, then I'd sit outside the stadium and look at it or go to a Pirates game.

SteelCityKing
07-13-2009, 03:44 PM
The only complaint I have about Heinz Field is that they didn't close in the south endzone. Personally, while I'm at the game I don't much care to see the dahntahn city lights. I'd rather close it in and let there be an opportunity for more fans to make more noise.

If i wanted to see dahntahn, then I'd sit outside the stadium and look at it or go to a Pirates game.

i'm going to have to politely disagree with you on that one. one of my big gripes about Heinz Field itself is that it doesn't show enough of the city. the only view you get from the south end is that ugly concrete monstrosity and the east side of Station Square. kind of boring. if they would rotate the south end opening about 500 feet to the left, you'd have a better view of the city than PNC Park does. and that's saying a lot. i would like to see more of the city if i was facing the south opening.

StainlessStill
07-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Since we're on the topic of Heinz Field. Personally, I love the stadium, but I am torn between the Open End VS Three Rivers closed bowl. I go to many Steelers games, and take pride when the fans get super loud and come home to tell people that "didn't you hear how crazy it was on tv? I was there contributing.." Heinz can get LOUD, but imagine what 65,000 + can do with extra added seats with a bowl like Three Rivers. Nonetheless, it doesn't matter to me but at the same time makes you wonder.

One thing I hate is when people try to over load and try to prove they are a fan. I had countless and countless of friends come over to where they would force to yell at the t.v to like prove to me they are a worthy fan. I go nuts and it comes normal, but when I see people forcing it that drives me insane.

SteelCityKing
07-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Since we're on the topic of Heinz Field. Personally, I love the stadium, but I am torn between the Open End VS Three Rivers closed bowl. I go to many Steelers games, and take pride when the fans get super loud and come home to tell people that "didn't you hear how crazy it was on tv? I was there contributing.." Heinz can get LOUD, but imagine what 65,000 + can do with extra added seats with a bowl like Three Rivers. Nonetheless, it doesn't matter to me but at the same time makes you wonder.

One thing I hate is when people try to over load and try to prove they are a fan. I had countless and countless of friends come over to where they would force to yell at the t.v to like prove to me they are a worthy fan. I go nuts and it comes normal, but when I see people forcing it that drives me insane.

i always hate when you have a gathering of people and they all come to watch the football game on tv and there is ALWAYS that one person who either didn't wear ANY black and gold or Steelers stuff and he can't explain why or he "didn't have anything Steelers." or, there is always that one person who wore the bare minimum of black and gold, and it's not even gold...it's a pastel yellow and striped white blouse or dress shirt. it's like they tried to hard to find something to wear to fit in. i like to bust people's chops when they come over to my house for the game. i tell people, "wear you Steelers stuff and get a free beer." it usually works, but like i said, there is always that one person who just doesn't get it.!

StainlessStill
07-13-2009, 05:52 PM
i always hate when you have a gathering of people and they all come to watch the football game on tv and there is ALWAYS that one person who either didn't wear ANY black and gold or Steelers stuff and he can't explain why or he "didn't have anything Steelers." or, there is always that one person who wore the bare minimum of black and gold, and it's not even gold...it's a pastel yellow and striped white blouse or dress shirt. it's like they tried to hard to find something to wear to fit in. i like to bust people's chops when they come over to my house for the game. i tell people, "wear you Steelers stuff and get a free beer." it usually works, but like i said, there is always that one person who just doesn't get it.!

Oh yeah, been there done that. Luckily I have around 35 Steelers jerseys to where if someone doesn't have anything Steelers they either have 2 options.

1. Get out
2. Wear a jersey.

Another thing. I hate when people sit around the tv not paying attention to the game and then bitch and moan about the loudness. Why even come? Because of the free food? Go home and knit or watch the bowling championship on ESPN 2.

SteelersMongol
07-13-2009, 08:30 PM

Exactly.

tony hipchest
07-13-2009, 08:48 PM
51. pretending a simple accent is actually its own language.

chinese, japanese, pittsburghese??? is pittsburghese to english what mandarin is to chinese?

i mean really, "yunz" is the only "word" that is original unto itself.

(yes, im old enough to remember when "yunz" was the actual spelling of the derivative of "you ones".)

ive met people from spain, puerto rico, and mexico, who admit they can barely understand a word the other is saying, yet all claim to speak spanish. :noidea:

RoethlisBURGHer
07-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Oh yeah, been there done that. Luckily I have around 35 Steelers jerseys to where if someone doesn't have anything Steelers they either have 2 options.

1. Get out
2. Wear a jersey.

Another thing. I hate when people sit around the tv not paying attention to the game and then bitch and moan about the loudness. Why even come? Because of the free food? Go home and knit or watch the bowling championship on ESPN 2.

AMEN BROTHA!

I had a Super Bowl party at my house for SB XL, and about 4 people came and didn't even watch the game...and complained that us watching the game were to loud for them to talk. I quickly kicked them out.

:tt03:

Big7BenHOF
07-13-2009, 09:10 PM

1. Get out
2. Wear a jersey.

Or when they're there to "root for the Steelers" and they don't watch the game, but then cheer when we score and whatnot.

StainlessStill
07-14-2009, 08:04 AM
Anyone have their friend over or watched the game at a bar with a fan of the other team that thinks EVERY PLAY is either Pass Interference or Holding?

(Come to think of it..in our case, James Harrison DOES get held on every play! >:D ) FACT!

Indo
07-14-2009, 08:54 AM

Kordell Stewart was nicknamed "Slash" by Coach Cowher because he played Wide Receiver / Quarterback (WR/QB). The nickname came from the "slash" between the WR and QB

Steel Head
07-14-2009, 09:23 AM

great point

I feel bad for people who never experienced a game at Three Rivers Stadium. It was so loud and intense. Plus it had the whole "blue-collar" atmosphere where Heinz Field is more "corporate" with the people in the club seats who barely cheer, talk about oter crap and get mad at people who stand up

T.Richardson
07-14-2009, 11:32 AM
[B]the parking at Heinz Field is God awful! i walked a mile to get to the stadium. granted, i'd walk 100 miles to get to a game. but to pay $40 to walk that far is pretty poopy! ha!

well...Heinz and PNC do share the same parking lot...or at least I think so because the parking lot extends from PNC to Heinz Field.

Steely McSmash
07-14-2009, 12:11 PM
That annoys me to. Until you have played, coached. reffed, or have had something to do with organized Football(Meaning you weren't just being a fan, I'm talking along the lines of someone who is a Front office employee) in reality, you don't know what it's like.

why would this be true? you don't need direct experience to be able to think strategy.

MasterOfPuppets
07-14-2009, 12:31 PM
after just seeing the re-emergence of the cribbs thread...... stupid ass fans who think the steelers could or should, pick up every player that is a FA or WANTS traded !!!! :banging:

fansince'76
07-14-2009, 12:52 PM
after just seeing the re-emergence of the cribbs thread...... stupid ass fans who think the steelers could or should, pick up every player that is a FA or WANTS traded !!!! :banging:

And also expect top-tier talent to be able to be signed for bargain basement prices. "(Fill in the blank) would look great in the B&G for vet minimum." :coffee:

MasterOfPuppets
07-14-2009, 12:58 PM
And also expect top tier-talent to be able to be signed for bargain basement prices. "(Fill in the blank) would look great in the B&G for vet minimum." :coffee:
oh there's another one !!! .....steeler fans who think EVERY steeler FA is gonna give a "hometown discount to remain in pittsburgh....:laughing:

SteelCityMan786
07-14-2009, 01:47 PM
why would this be true? you don't need direct experience to be able to think strategy.

Maybe I should re write that to say odds are pretty good you don't know what it's like. It helps to know especially when someone questions you about your reasoning.

StainlessStill
07-14-2009, 01:50 PM
great point

I feel bad for people who never experienced a game at Three Rivers Stadium. It was so loud and intense. Plus it had the whole "blue-collar" atmosphere where Heinz Field is more "corporate" with the people in the club seats who barely cheer, talk about oter crap and get mad at people who stand up

I'll never sit in the lower sections of Heinz Field ever again. Too many pansies who sit on their hands and clap every once in awhile, just in case we get a first down. Too many assholes who if you stand to cheer the defense or stand when a big play is coming, tell you to sit down because they pay money to come watch the game. (Like I don't or something?)

If you guys ever want to have a good time, forget the lower seats, and go up high in the 500 sections. Those are the best fans in the house and are pretty crazy. FUN TIME up in the 500 sections! Met tons of friends while doing so, also.

HometownGal
07-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Anyone have their friend over or watched the game at a bar with a fan of the other team that thinks EVERY PLAY is either Pass Interference or Holding?

WOW - can I associate with that! Or how 'bout those "Steelers fans" who B & M about every little thing but don't way one word when the Steelers score? Or - those who will watch the Steelers until they fall behind, then go off into another room to pout and then come back to watch the game when the Steelers go ahead? I was married to one of those "fans". :jerkit:

Hammer67
07-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Heinz Field isn't "dahntahn" - it's on the North Shore. I don't get where you're going with the "entire Steelers experience being ruined" - I haven't noticed a decline in tailgating parties and drunks filing into Heinz Field to ruin the "experience" for those of us who don't enjoy listening to F bombs and belches all game while having beer dumped on us by unruly drunks while we're trying to enjoy the "experience". :noidea:

I may be a "drunk" at some games but I am never loud and unruly!!! :flap:

:drink:

Hammer67
07-14-2009, 02:16 PM
You know, I am going to have to say I hate watching football with my grandfather. Now, I love the man, but, he is such a PESSAMIST! He used to coach and referee local WPIAL HS and thinks he knows EVERYTHING. Even the Super Bowl years, he beeotches about the play calling, the coaching, the running game, the defense, Ben, etc. He doesn't really say "back in the day" type stories, but he just loves to complain. I wonder why he even watches.

I am always like, man, enjoy it! At least they aren't the Browns!

fansince'76
07-14-2009, 02:23 PM
You know, I am going to have to say I hate watching football with my grandfather. Now, I love the man, but, he is such a PESSAMIST! He used to coach and referee local WPIAL HS and thinks he knows EVERYTHING. Even the Super Bowl years, he beeotches about the play calling, the coaching, the running game, the defense, Ben, etc. He doesn't really say "back in the day" type stories, but he just loves to complain. I wonder why he even watches.

I think he's made his appearance in a few gameday threads here.... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hammer67
07-14-2009, 02:27 PM

You don't, but playing/coaching the game does give you more insight to the the nuances of technique, the gameplan, play selection, etc. As opposed to just reading other's analysis. It doesn't mean you automatically know any more then the next guy, but it does help with understanding the little things that make up the big picture that the average fan might not have insight into, especially since you don't know to look for it on TV.

For instance, you could just say "The line sucks!" when Ben is sacked, but you may not realize WHY the line sucks, or, if it was indeed the line at all. I love watching linemen and their technique...things I wouldn't have noticed had I not played or coached. Hand movement, feet, stance, posture.

That being said, I do hate it when people (sometimes on this board) just demean others opinions or observations, saying "Well I KNOW because I PLAYED/COACHED the game!" That's nonsense...sure you played, but you could have sucked. You might have coached, but you also could have sucked.

HometownGal
07-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Fans who rip the buttholes out of Steelers FWF's and bandwagon hoppers but turn around and do the same thing with regard to the team(s) they support in other sports. Gawd that frosts my ass - I can't stomach hypocrites. :mad:

SteelCityKing
07-14-2009, 04:16 PM
people who always scream "put Batch in!" when Ben goes down after a sack! they yell that EVERYTIME!!! or right after he throws and interception.

that annoys the hell out of me because it's not like Charlie Batch is way better and can fix the problem. Byron Leftwich could've, but he's no longer a Steeler!

i know what's really going to kill me, people bellowing "fire Bruce Arians." once the offense crumbles at some point this year. i hate that!

StainlessStill
07-14-2009, 06:21 PM
I also hate it when you go to the game on Sunday, and you see that 1 dude that walks by with a N.Y Giants jersey on when the game is Steelers Vs Ravens. I've seen this multiple times. Do they REALLY need to be in the stadium wearing a jersey of a team that's not even playing?! People chap my ass.:tt02:

SteelCityKing
07-14-2009, 07:24 PM
I also hate it when you go to the game on Sunday, and you see that 1 dude that walks by with a N.Y Giants jersey on when the game is Steelers Vs Ravens. I've seen this multiple times. Do they REALLY need to be in the stadium wearing a jersey of a team that's not even playing?! People chap my ass.:tt02:

oh man! that's not as bad as going to a Pittsburgh Pirates/Cleveland Indians game and someone is wearing a Cleveland Browns jersey. not only that, but a Jeff Garcia Cleveland Browns jersey!

not only is he not representing any of the teams playing that day, but not even the same sport or same athlete. and athlete (and i use the term loosely) who hasn't played for Cleveland in 5 years!

i watched him get plowed in the face with a full beer...at a Pirates game...booed, harassed, and embarassed. but i thought to myself, "man, the balls on this cat for walking through enemy territory like that!" i was impressed, but fairly pissed off at the same time.

StainlessStill
07-14-2009, 07:58 PM
oh man! that's not as bad as going to a Pittsburgh Pirates/Cleveland Indians game and someone is wearing a Cleveland Browns jersey. not only that, but a Jeff Garcia Cleveland Browns jersey!

not only is he not representing any of the teams playing that day, but not even the same sport or same athlete. and athlete (and i use the term loosely) who hasn't played for Cleveland in 5 years!

i watched him get plowed in the face with a full beer...at a Pirates game...booed, harassed, and embarassed. but i thought to myself, "man, the balls on this cat for walking through enemy territory like that!" i was impressed, but fairly pissed off at the same time.

That's brutal. Add in the mixture of the frustrated Bucco fans and there you have pissed off fans, haha.

I went to my local school when the Steelers came to play for their charity basketball event. This young douche of a kid wore a Kellen Winslow Browns jersey to the event. I boo'd him miraculously through the whole game, and told James Harrison to slam the Browns fan on the court just like he did in '05. The kid thought he was all cool by doing that.

I should of safety blitzed his ass outside in the parking lot. Thought about it, too.

SteelCityMan786
07-14-2009, 08:24 PM

It is true to some degree because some people like to claim why certain portions of the team suck. Knowing how certain things are can help you make better arguements as to why certain portions suck.

Otherwise, not too much.

revefsreleets
07-15-2009, 11:47 AM
You don't, but playing/coaching the game does give you more insight to the the nuances of technique, the gameplan, play selection, etc. As opposed to just reading other's analysis. It doesn't mean you automatically know any more then the next guy, but it does help with understanding the little things that make up the big picture that the average fan might not have insight into, especially since you don't know to look for it on TV.

For instance, you could just say "The line sucks!" when Ben is sacked, but you may not realize WHY the line sucks, or, if it was indeed the line at all. I love watching linemen and their technique...things I wouldn't have noticed had I not played or coached. Hand movement, feet, stance, posture.

That being said, I do hate it when people (sometimes on this board) just demean others opinions or observations, saying "Well I KNOW because I PLAYED/COACHED the game!" That's nonsense...sure you played, but you could have sucked. You might have coached, but you also could have sucked.

Football is chess, not checkers. Simply realizing the complicated nature of the game is beyond many, and actually understanding that complication leaves out most.

zsheik22
07-16-2009, 03:50 AM

At least we know why she is your ex wife, LOL.

Some people do say picksburgh around here in western PA, but it's not that bad like the other guy said.