PDA

View Full Version : for the Ohio haters

PeckerWood
07-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Chuck Noll with out this Ohio native he even played for the Cleveland Browns Paul Brown the Steelers might not be where they are to day?

Before Chuck Noll the Steelers hadn;t won anything. This was the man that turned everything around for the black and gold.

I'm from the state of Ohio been a Steelers fan for 38 years pre cable days Pittsburgh, Wheeling, and Steubenville were the TV Stations in my area when I was growing up.

:tt02::drink:

tony hipchest
07-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Chuck Noll with out this Ohio native he even played for the Cleveland Browns Paul Brown the Steelers might not be where they are to day?

:huh:

i'll take "things that broccoli would say" for $100, alex.

NJarhead
07-09-2009, 09:00 PM

:rofl:

MasterOfPuppets
07-09-2009, 09:09 PM

:toofunny: ..... :rofl:

stillers4me
07-09-2009, 09:51 PM

:applaudit:

7SteelGal43
07-09-2009, 10:04 PM
:rofl::huh:

Indo
07-10-2009, 01:14 PM

OHIO HATER!

:banana:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-10-2009, 06:43 PM
OH-

I love being from the Buckeye state.

Let's see, we gave you guys

-Chuck Noll
-Jack Lambert
-Ben
-Santonio Holmes
and most importantly....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2a/Steelmark_logo.png

Republic Steel of Cleveland allowed you guys permission to use their logo. :sofunny:

SteelCityKing
07-10-2009, 06:50 PM
oh yeah!? well, i heard that a long time ago, back in the day, there was this huge epic battle between Pennsylvania and Ohio...

...the loser got Cleveland.

regardless of what players are from Ohio and who played in Ohio and what rhymes with Ohio and we all know that "Ohio Is For Lovers" according to Hawthorne Heights, but to me...let's just put it this way, if i have to travel to Indiana for whatever reason, i go around Ohio. yeah, it'll save me 6-8 hours, but i'd rather waste my life driving around it than through it. period.

now, don't get your panties in a bunch because if you read my post carefully, i say nothing bad about the citizens of Ohio, just the state itself. i've been to Ohio, and i'll admit, most of America's assholes apparently mirgrated to Ohio for whatever reason, but i've had fun in Ohio and i've gotten drunk in Ohio, i've even bought fireworks in Ohio, but i HATE Ohio.

so, yeah, "my name's Jake and i hate Ohio." everyone say "hi Jake." and i don't care. Ohio sucks buckeyes. =)

SteelCityKing
07-10-2009, 06:52 PM
although, Saltfork Statepark is a beautiful place. it reminds me a bit of Camp Crystal Lake (the home of Jason Vorhees for anyone who doesn't know classic horror movies). but i still love it.

so, Ohio has one or two perks...but not one of those perks is Drew Carey. uggghhh...that smug turd. i'll slap his stupid glasses off his face. ha!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-10-2009, 09:58 PM
now, don't get your panties in a bunch because if you read my post carefully, i say nothing bad about the citizens of Ohio, just the state itself. i've been to Ohio, and i'll admit, most of America's assholes apparently mirgrated to Ohio for whatever reason, but i've had fun in Ohio and i've gotten drunk in Ohio, i've even bought fireworks in Ohio, but i HATE Ohio.

Ha-Ha, sounding like Woody Hayes in regards to Michigan, I love it. Just wish we could give you guys more to hate about our state with a Browns victory one day lol.

Auctually you could swap "Ohio" for "Western PA" and you'd pretty much have my own feelings. 'tis what makes the rivalry the best in the NFL bar none. :D. Though I will admit that I love the Sandwiches with fries and slaw on top, and the folks I met in Beaver falls were nice folks.

BTW, How's it going man?

fansince'76
07-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Never been to Cleveland, but I've heard it's a nice city.

HometownGal
07-10-2009, 10:04 PM
OH-

-Chuck Noll
-Jack Lambert
-Ben
-Santonio Holmes
and most importantly....

Bwoccowi. :chuckle: You waht whi wice or fwi wice with dat?

NEPAsteeler
07-10-2009, 11:27 PM
so, yeah, "my name's Jake and i hate Ohio." everyone say "hi Jake." and i don't care. Ohio sucks buckeyes. =)

HI JAKE! :flap:

Sorry, it's been awhile!

NEPAsteeler
07-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Bwoccowi. :chuckle: You waht whi wice or fwi wice with dat?

Me want Whi wice :rofl:

RoethlisBURGHer
07-11-2009, 02:21 AM
I love Ohio!

But the Clowns and Bungals suck!

Have a nice day!

HometownGal
07-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Me want Whi wice :rofl:

U wat saw with dat? Soy, gahric or tewiyoki? :chuckle:

Tony - you make me laugh so hard sometimes I almost pee my pants! :toofunny::laughing:

MasterOfPuppets
07-12-2009, 02:00 AM
OH-

-Chuck Noll
-Jack Lambert
-Ben
-Santonio Holmes
and most importantly....

2 wins a year !!! :toofunny:

RoethlisBURGHer
07-13-2009, 10:19 PM
2 wins a year !!! :toofunny:

:tt03::rofl:

OMG, I almost pissed my pants when I read that!

NJarhead
07-13-2009, 10:32 PM
OH-

-Chuck Noll
-Jack Lambert
-Ben
-Santonio Holmes
and most importantly....

You're right. We should try to help Ohio finally get a professional football team. :chuckle:

devilsdancefloor
07-14-2009, 12:20 AM
OH-

-Chuck Noll
-Jack Lambert
-Ben
-Santonio Holmes
and most importantly....

Damn James Harrison gets no love! He knows who you are and where you live!:chuckle:

Tony that possible was the funniest hing i heard in months! you win SIR!:thumbsup::tt03:

RoethlisBURGHer
07-14-2009, 01:00 AM
OH-

-Chuck Noll
-Jack Lambert
-Ben
-Santonio Holmes
and most importantly....

Republic Steel of Cleveland allowed you guys permission to use their logo. :sofunny:

Now, this is from the official Pittsburgh Steelers website about the Steelers logo:

{quote]The Steelers logo is based on the Steelmark logo belonging to the American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI). Created by U.S. Steel Corp. (now known as USX Corp.), the logo contains three hypocycloids (diamond shapes).

In the 1950s, when helmet logos became popular, the Steelers added players' numbers to either side of their gold helmets. Later that decade, the numbers were removed and in 1962, Cleveland's Republic Steel suggested to the Steelers that they use the Steelmark as a helmet logo.

When the Steelmark logo was created, U.S. Steel attached the following meaning to it: Steel lightens your work, brightens your leisure and widens your world. The logo was used as part of a major marketing campaign to educate consumers about how important steel is in our daily lives. The Steelmark logo was used in print, radio and television ads as well as on labels for all steel products, from steel tanks to tricycles to filing cabinets.

In the 1960s, U.S. Steel turned over the Steelmark program to the AISI, where it came to represent the steel industry as a whole. During the 1970s, the logo's meaning was extended to include the three materials used to produce steel: yellow for coal, orange for ore and blue for steel scrap. In the late 1980s, when the AISI founded the Steel Recycling Institute (SRI), the logo took on a new life reminiscent of its 1950s meaning.

The Steelers had to petition the AISI in order to change the word "Steel" inside the Steelmark to "Steelers" before the logo was complete.

The Steelers are the only NFL team that sports their logo on only one side of the helmet. At first, this was a temporary measure because the Steelers weren't sure they would like the look of the logo on an all-gold helmet. They wanted to test them before going all-out.

Equipment manager Jack Hart was instructed to put the logo only on one side of the helmet - the right side. The 1962 Steelers finished 9-5 and became the winningest team in franchise history to date. The team finished second in the Eastern Conference and qualified for the Playoff Bowl. They wanted to do something special for their first postseason game, so they changed the color of their helmets from gold to black, which helped to highlight the new logo.

Because of the interest generated by having the logo on only one side of their helmets and because of their team's new success, the Steelers decided to leave it that way permanently.

Today's helmet reflects the way the logo was originally applied and it has never been changed.[/quote]

So there, I decided that I had to school you with the facts my friend.

Cleveland Republic Steel simply made the suggestion, they didn't own the logo and didn't give the permission to use it.

Stlrs4Life
07-18-2009, 10:40 PM
I'll bend over and you'll see what a Buckeye is.:sofunny:

devilsdancefloor
07-19-2009, 01:53 AM

http://i28.tinypic.com/2v8qrzk.jpg
thanks stlrs4life i need one of these for my brain so i can try to erase that image out of my mind!!

Stang909
07-19-2009, 11:18 PM
I love Ohio!

But the Clowns and Bungals suck!

Have a nice day!

totally agree, I live so close to the state line though i get the best of both states.

revefsreleets
07-20-2009, 08:55 AM

Trust me folks, you do NOT want to see this...I had the unfortunate experience of witnessing Dom dropping trou on top of a giant snow drift in front of literally thousands of tailgating Steelers fans. If not for the loads of shots I did back at the tailgate, I'd be significantly more psychologically damaged than I actually am:sofunny:

HOFCitySteelers
07-22-2009, 06:21 PM
OH-

-Chuck Noll
-Jack Lambert
-Ben
-Santonio Holmes
and most importantly....

Lol, Santonio Holmes isnt even from the state of Ohio. He's from Belle Glade Florida.:banging::banging:

Roethlisberger is from Findlay. James Harrison is from Coventry. Lambert wanted to play for the Browns and they passed on him.

Some other Steelers players from Ohio off the top of my head would be:
Todd Blackledge from North Canton
Anthony Smith from Youngstown
Gary Russell from Columbus
Myron Bell from Toledo
If anyone remembers Mark Stock from back in the 80's Canton

A player who wasn't Ohio born but did play his high school ball at my alma mater Canton McKinley was Marion Motely for you old timers.
:tt::tt03::tt02:

Stang909
08-03-2009, 12:02 AM
Lol, Santonio Holmes isnt even from the state of Ohio. He's from Belle Glade Florida.:banging::banging:

Roethlisberger is from Findlay. James Harrison is from Coventry. Lambert wanted to play for the Browns and they passed on him.

Some other Steelers players from Ohio off the top of my head would be:
Todd Blackledge from North Canton
Anthony Smith from Youngstown
Gary Russell from Columbus
Myron Bell from Toledo
If anyone remembers Mark Stock from back in the 80's Canton

A player who wasn't Ohio born but did play his high school ball at my alma mater Canton McKinley was Marion Motely for you old timers.
:tt::tt03::tt02:

Today when I was in Rite Aid I picked up a Buckeye Preview book. After skimming through the pages I saw a picture of the great Dick Lebeau. Come to find out he was an Ohio State Buckeye and a member of the 1957 National Championship team of Woody Hayes. Lebeau was also born in London, Ohio.

Yet another Steeler that hails from the Buckeye State.