PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Qb

Steel-Bryan
07-10-2009, 09:01 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8113d1c3/Top-5-Quarterbacks

NO BIG BEN !?!?!? :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging:

fansince'76
07-10-2009, 09:06 PM
A top 5 QB list with Cutler at #5 is based on FF numbers. What a surprise. :yawn:

CantStop85
07-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Meh, not a bad list...everyone's going to be outraged Big Ben isn't on it, but Ben really had an average season (80.5 QB rating, 17 TD's-15 INT's) until the playoffs. He did well enough in the playoffs to warrant being in the top 5, but the rest of his season was pretty lackluster.

I might sneak him in ahead of Jay Cutler at 5, but that's a pretty solid top 4.

fansince'76
07-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Meh, not a bad list...everyone's going to be outraged Big Ben isn't on it, but Ben really had an average season (80.5 QB rating, 17 TD's-15 INT's) until the playoffs. He did well enough in the playoffs to warrant being in the top 5, but the rest of his season was pretty lackluster.

I might sneak him in ahead of Jay Cutler at 5, but that's a pretty solid top 4.

If it was solely based on last season, why was Brady #1 on it?

CantStop85
07-10-2009, 09:51 PM

Because it's Tom Freaking Brady, that's why. Jeeze.

:flap:

Anyway, I can't speak for Warren Sapp's rankings, but I would personally base it on their last season played. You can't really fault a player for missing a year due to injury. Anyway, if I had to make a top 5 I'd probably put Ben at 5....at least until after this season when Carson knocks him off. :chuckle:

fansince'76
07-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Because it's Tom Freaking Brady, that's why. Jeeze.

:flap:

Good point. :doh: :chuckle:

Preacher
07-10-2009, 09:54 PM

ding ding ding.

Base it on careers and overall ability to win a game, It goes Brady, Manning, Ben. Period.

If they were all the same age, those are the only two I would trade straight up or give something up for Ben if I had too.

However, that ability to escape to me is the X factor. And you put those other two behind our line... I don't think they get it done.

SC Steeler Steve
07-11-2009, 12:29 AM
And top 10 of all time didnt have Bradshaw???? Whateva!!!!

MasterOfPuppets
07-11-2009, 05:18 AM
oh give me a break !!! since when does fantasy football numbers count towards winning games ?

Galax Steeler
07-11-2009, 08:04 AM
I just don't see how Cutler can be ahead of Ben but it is Sapps opinion so whatever.:noidea:

HughC
07-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Double dissed; no Ben in Sapp's current top five and no Bradshaw in Wyche's all-time top ten.

Slightly off topic: who is the woman hosting those two segments?

OneForTheToe
07-11-2009, 01:19 PM
The only ranking of Sapp's that I would give any credence to is the ranking of top five deli meats.

steel striker
07-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Yeah are guy has two sb rings and, still can't get props from thoses jerks. Yet they call Ben clutch but, not top five well I'd rather have Ben then any other qb in the league period. I thought the name of the game is win but, I guess in their crazy book stats matter. Not to me and any other fan that knows anything about football.

lilyoder6
07-11-2009, 04:25 PM
sapp was basing his top five off of stats..

i can see where he is coming from but still.. u can't always just look at stats...

1-4 have been good for a long time...
but cutler, he is borderline.. i think that ben is better.. hell i would even put palmer in front of him

Psyychoward86
07-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Lol, Cutler.

Psyychoward86
07-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Bucky Brooks says he's at #4:

4. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers

The 27-year old signal caller has quickly joined the ranks of the elite after winning two Super Bowls in his first five seasons. Though Roethlisberger acted as a game manager early in his career, he has become one of the top playmakers at the position. Blessed with outstanding athleticism, toughness and improvisational skills, he repeatedly delivers game-changing results off broken plays. Additionally, he has developed into a dangerous pocket passer capable of leading his team to victories in the clutch, none more impressive than his game-winning drive in Super Bowl XLIII.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d811407b1&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

onefortheotherhand
07-12-2009, 01:22 AM
Ben should not be in anyones top 5. Just because your team wins doesn't mean you have a good QB, Ben is average.

that was a comment by some ass at nfl.com. it made me cringe :banging:

revefsreleets
07-13-2009, 11:44 AM
A top 5 QB list with Cutler at #5 is based on FF numbers. What a surprise. :yawn:

"My name is Ultimate Football Network, and I approve this list"

Bottom line, there are not 5 other QB's I'd rather have under center starting for my team over Big Ben.

Dino 6 Rings
07-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Last year was the first year I played fantasy. It may be the last. Not sure I want to even bother.

Basically, If I can't get the Steelers D with my first round pick, I am out. I don't really care who my QB or Offense is, its fantasy, but I refuse to play against anyone that has the Steelers D. Bottom line.

SteelCityKing
07-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Tom "Terrific"? where the hell did that name come from!? haha!