PDA

View Full Version : 2010 mock draft

Galax Steeler
07-12-2009, 11:01 AM
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - *Rolando McClain, MLB, Alabama, 6'4, 248
Lawrence Timmons just doesn't seem like a great fit on the inside and James Farrior's career is winding down.

This was a mock draft I found seems like someone don't have alot of faith in Timmons. :rofl:

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2009/5/7/868081/2010-nfl-mock-draft

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-12-2009, 04:22 PM
I think the Steelers need an ILB, but am doubtful they look in round 1.

I got a feeling that Donovan Woods is gonna be the productive #4 ILB this year and be big on ST.

MasterOfPuppets
07-12-2009, 05:31 PM
i'd be thrilled with that pick .... him or brandon spikes...give him 2 years to learn from and watch farrior, then he could slide right in....:thumbsup:

Texasteel
07-12-2009, 06:49 PM
I think we all agree that an ILB will be taken, I think that there will be some fine once available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I'm telling you guys watch Pat Anger just once. He tackles well supports the run and lead the Hawkeyes in ints. last year.

SteelMember
07-13-2009, 12:21 PM
That guy would be just fine with me, but I'm pretty sure the * in this case means that he is an underclassmen. So he's not an automatic for 2010.

SteelMember
07-13-2009, 12:29 PM
I think we all agree that an ILB will be taken, I think that there will be some fine once available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I'm telling you guys watch Pat Anger just once. He tackles well supports the run and lead the Hawkeyes in ints. last year.

The way you talk Tex makes me want to see more of this guy, but stuck in SEC land, I unfortunately won't be able to see very much. Two I will get to see are Micah Johnson out of Kentucky and of course Spikes from Florida, but I think he is a top 20 pick. I'm also interested to see if Sean Lee from PSU can get it back together after his ACL surgery.

St33lersguy
07-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Wouldn't mind an ILB, Farrior is getting old. Also lnteresting how they have the pats with the 32nd pick, guess now that this person's favorite player is back he thinks they will win the SB

SteelMember
07-14-2009, 11:33 AM
As we saw in the last draft, ILB seems to have less value compared to OLB once the first/best one or two are gone. So after Spikes and McClain are gone, which both may not make it to the end of the 1st round, the Steelers will probably look in rounds 3-5 for an ILB. There are some good prospects there.

Besides, aren't we supposed to be hanging all our hopes on the center of the future...Josh McNeil, C Tennessee. Or maybe the replacement for Big Snack...Terrence Cody, Alabama.

MasterOfPuppets
07-14-2009, 01:55 PM
levon kirkland, chad brown , kendrell bell.... what do they have in common ? all are middle linebackers the steelers drafted in rd 2 .... the steelers simply don't, or at least never have made a habbit of taking INSIDE lbers in rd 1 ....at least i can't think of any.

Steel Head
07-14-2009, 02:33 PM
levon kirkland, chad brown , kendrell bell.... what do they have in common ? all are middle linebackers the steelers drafted in rd 2 .... the steelers simply don't, or at least never have made a habbit of taking INSIDE lbers in rd 1 ....at least i can't think of any.

doesn't mean it won't happen, it is just unlikely

Lawrence Timmons, Robin Cole

MasterOfPuppets
07-14-2009, 05:30 PM
doesn't mean it won't happen, it is just unlikely

Lawrence Timmons, Robin Cole
i don't think timmons was drafted to be an inside linebacker . cole was an outside linebacker.

"That's why I was a first-round (NFL draft) pick," said Robin Cole. "(The Steelers) were looking for someone to replace (Andy) Russell."
Cole was the first outside linebacker chosen in the 1977 draft as the Steelers selected him out of the University of New Mexico with their initial pick. A first-team All-American as a senior at New Mexico, Cole went on to play 11 seasons with the Steelers from 1977-87