PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis Touts McNair as Jesus

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
07-12-2009, 10:22 PM
What a complete moron He compares McNair to Jesus. Their father made a "sacrifice!?!!?!?!?" Are you kidding me. Their father was banging a 20 year old behind his wife's back...sacrifice my ass. Lewis has said many stupid things but I'm afraid he's outdone himself . Gee wonder what Mrs McNair's thoughts where when Lewis made that crack.

"He (McNair) left a legacy. The same way when Jesus left, because he had to sacrifice for all of us. Y'all father put out one heck of a sacrifice, young men. Every time y'all walk out the door, hold your head up high. Because he left something that a lot of men can't father."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQVxW0kIkYs

fansince'76
07-12-2009, 10:31 PM
I realize he was delivering a eulogy and you're supposed to say nice things about the deceased in such situations, but that was a bit much.

beSteelmyheart
07-12-2009, 10:34 PM
I couldn't stomach 7 minutes of Ray Lewis, but I agree with your point. Also it seems like Ray sounds a little gay to me, maybe it's the lisp.

Steel Head
07-12-2009, 10:47 PM
I couldn't stomach 7 minutes of Ray Lewis, .

me neither

Ray Lewis and his BS rhetoric is garbage

Hammer Of The GODS
07-12-2009, 11:05 PM
EFF THAT OVERHYPED, BIGMOUTHED, MURDERING, JUMPIN ON THE PILE AFTER THE TACKLE HAS BEEN MADE PIECE OF SHYTE!

Galax Steeler
07-13-2009, 04:55 AM
What a complete moron He compares McNair to Jesus. Their father made a "sacrifice!?!!?!?!?" Are you kidding me. Their father was banging a 20 year old behind his wife's back...sacrifice my ass. Lewis has said many stupid things but I'm afraid he's outdone himself . Gee wonder what Mrs McNair's thoughts where when Lewis made that crack.

"He (McNair) left a legacy. The same way when Jesus left, because he had to sacrifice for all of us. Y'all father put out one heck of a sacrifice, young men. Every time y'all walk out the door, hold your head up high. Because he left something that a lot of men can't father."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQVxW0kIkYs

All I can say is:screwy:

Ravnet
07-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Yeah! Screw Ray for honoring a man at his funeral in front of thousands of family/friends/fans!

The Jesus reference was a bit much, but who the hell are we to comment on Steve McNair's respectability? None of us have ever even had a conversation with McNair, let alone known him like Ray did.

I never had any kind of attachment to Steve, and the rumors coming out certainly don't look good, but again, Ray Lewis knew McNair for many, many years, and we didn't.

CantStop85
07-13-2009, 08:22 AM
Yeah! Screw Ray for honoring a man at his funeral in front of thousands of family/friends/fans!

The Jesus reference was a bit much, but who the hell are we to comment on Steve McNair's respectability? None of us have ever even had a conversation with McNair, let alone known him like Ray did.

I never had any kind of attachment to Steve, and the rumors coming out certainly don't look good, but again, Ray Lewis knew McNair for many, many years, and we didn't.

This. :thumbsup:

BlastFurnace
07-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Personally...I think Ray got caught up in the moment of the eulogy and said something he probably didn't even agree with. I have never had to give a speech about a dear friend of mine that has passed away, so I can't say what kind of emotions go through you in a time like that.

I will say that the Jesus comparison is a wrong one. Great warrior, QB...I agree....but this man died in a way that devastated his wife, left his children fatherless, and damaged any kind of credibility he had of being a "family man". A man who loves his family isn't cheating on his wife....and separated or not....he is still married. The girl that killed him was, according to the NY Times, not his only existing girlfriend. To compare McNair to Jesus...in any form or fashion, is just plain wrong.

BlastFurnace
07-13-2009, 08:49 AM

It depends on what you believe in Ravnet. I don't care if the player is a Steeler, Raven, Bengal or not...there are areas of right and wrong. I love James Harrison as a player, but as a person....not so much. McNair was a very good QB, but the image he tried to portray as a "family man"...flushed right down the drain.

KeiselPower99
07-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Jesus wasnt banging a 20 yr old behind his wifes back.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
07-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Jesus wasnt banging a 20 yr old behind his wifes back.

Exactly.

revefsreleets
07-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Well, the media wants to make hero's out of people with low (or no) morals all of a sudden. Anna Nicole Smith, Michael Jackson, Steve McNair...these are all pieces of human garbage, and being dead doesn't really change that at all...As for Killer Ray, he'll be burning in Hell right alongside McNair, so his opinion on people's character is about worthless in this matter...

KeiselPower99
07-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Anna Nicole Smith had no morals???

steelreserve
07-13-2009, 01:49 PM
I guess this is the reverse of how when people are trying to criticize a public figure, some knucklehead will inevitably compare them to Hitler, regardless of whether it makes even a shred of sense.

steelax04
07-13-2009, 01:56 PM
An extremely unfortunate situation just turned into a comedic act by comparing him to Jesus.

Paying respects is one thing, but it's not like McNair was the next coming of the Pope.

Ravnet
07-13-2009, 02:27 PM
It depends on what you believe in Ravnet. I don't care if the player is a Steeler, Raven, Bengal or not...there are areas of right and wrong. I love James Harrison as a player, but as a person....not so much. McNair was a very good QB, but the image he tried to portray as a "family man"...flushed right down the drain.

I'm just saying that we haven't heard half the story, nor did we know Steve as a person.

I don't want to defend a man who cheated on his wife for years, but as fans, we're only filled in to a certain point.

HometownGal
07-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Anna Nicole Smith had no morals???

She did, but they were hidden between her legs.

SteelMember
07-13-2009, 02:52 PM
She did, but they were hidden between her legs.

http://thefurtiveglance.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/rim-shot-johnny-utah.jpg

:toofunny:

revefsreleets
07-13-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm just saying that we haven't heard half the story, nor did we know Steve as a person.

I don't want to defend a man who cheated on his wife for years, but as fans, we're only filled in to a certain point.

"By their acts ye shall know them."

The REAL Jesus said those words...and it sure seems applicable here...

St33lersguy
07-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Just a dumb quote from an airheaded murdering thug

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Yeah! Screw Ray for honoring a man at his funeral in front of thousands of family/friends/fans! .

Honoring a friend is wonderful and expected. Making the man to be more than he was and comparing him to Jesus is ignorant and dishonest.

.... who the hell are we to comment on Steve McNair's respectability?

Well...how about literate people who can read a police report produced by a team of investigative professionals?

Hmmmm...and Charles Manson gave a wonderful character reference to Charles "Tex" Watson.

I would guess that everyone outside of Baltimore thinks that McNair holds more credibility without Ray's "endorsement".

RoethlisBURGHer
07-13-2009, 06:11 PM
While I respect Steve McNair for his tough gritty play on the gridiron, I do not respect him as a man.

A man doesn't sneak around screwing some girl behind his wife's back.

He was nowhere anywhere near Jesus-like. But I think he would have liked the ability to turn water into wine with his DUI's.

Stover4Prez
07-13-2009, 06:51 PM
I don't see the problem with what Ray said. He didn't say McNair WAS Jesus, he said he sacrificed, much like Jesus did. He was a close friend and spoke to celbrate the good things that Steve did in life. There will be plenty of time in the future to analyze more of the situation or criticize some of his decisions, but not when the man is lying in front of you at a funeral. I found Ray's words to be very uplifting to Steve's children most of all. And at this point, they are the ones that need the most support. Would you talk bad about a friend who was killed doing something stupid? I think not.

revefsreleets
07-13-2009, 07:15 PM
Please...do you Rats fans have ANY shame? Is there NOTHING stabbit Ray can do, no new low that he can sink to that you WON'T blindly defend?

McNair is a POS as a human. Ray is a POS as a human. They will both rot in Hell for their mortal sins (and I'm not even a religious person, so DON'T try and go there!).

Christ, guys, this is ridiculous. It's an incredibly stupid thing to say and an insult to everyone anywhere who strives to live by a moral code...it's indefensible so just STOP already!

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-13-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't see the problem with what Ray said. He didn't say McNair WAS Jesus, he said he sacrificed, much like Jesus did. He was a close friend and spoke to celbrate the good things that Steve did in life. There will be plenty of time in the future to analyze more of the situation or criticize some of his decisions, but not when the man is lying in front of you at a funeral. I found Ray's words to be very uplifting to Steve's children most of all. And at this point, they are the ones that need the most support. Would you talk bad about a friend who was killed doing something stupid? I think not.

No....I wouldnt make a comparison between my best friend and Christ ..even in front of my best friends kids. I would bring up Christ but only in the correct perspective

I would say that my friend was wonderfully human...faced the same temptations that we all face...failed at some... but excelled at others. I would say that his life was typical of the life that we ALL face...and like my friend I am glad that I dont HAVE to be perfect because I believe that Jesus was perfect.... and He took my place so that I dont have to pay for the times I failed.

The "honorable" Rev. Lewis is a idiot...and a hypocritical phoney.

Ravnet
07-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Please...do you Rats fans have ANY shame? Is there NOTHING stabbit Ray can do, no new low that he can sink to that you WON'T blindly defend?

McNair is a POS as a human. Ray is a POS as a human. They will both rot in Hell for their mortal sins (and I'm not even a religious person, so DON'T try and go there!).

Christ, guys, this is ridiculous. It's an incredibly stupid thing to say and an insult to everyone anywhere who strives to live by a moral code...it's indefensible so just STOP already!

Ray was making a speech in front of McNair's family and friends, and Lewis wanted to honor Steve to the best of his ability.

Obviously Ray got caught up in the moment, but his intentions were genuine.

To judge Steve without knowing the entire story is foolish. I think that it was shameful for McNair to cheat on his wife as well, but I don't even know 1% of what actually happened, so I won't pass judgment.

Ravnet
07-13-2009, 07:36 PM
No....I wouldnt make a comparison between my best friend and Christ ..even in front of my best friends kids. I would bring up Christ but only in the correct perspective

I would say that my friend was wonderfully human...faced the same temptations that we all face...failed at some... but excelled at others. I would say that his life was typical of the life that we ALL face...and like my friend I am glad that I dont HAVE to be perfect because I believe that Jesus was perfect.... and He took my place so that I dont have to pay for the times I failed.

The "honorable" Rev. Lewis is a idiot...and a hypocritical phoney.

Ray was saying that McNair followed Jesus' example, not that Steve resembled Christ.

Lewis is probably one of the most devout Christians in the league, so I'm pretty sure Ray would think about a speech like this beforehand.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Ray was saying that McNair followed Jesus' example, not that Steve resembled Christ.

Lewis is probably one of the most devout Christians in the league, so I'm pretty sure Ray would think about a speech like this beforehand.

Ray is religious....big difference between that and being a devout Christian. Ray has not shown through his actions that he uses Faith as anything more than a bullhorn in which he screams "ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME!!"

Faith is a reason to work towards good behavior...not an excuse for bad behavior.

revefsreleets
07-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Remember the parable about Jesus having a wife and 4 kids and cheating on her with some 20 year old bimbette, then cheating on HER with another 20 year old bimbette, then getting shot by the 1st bimbette?

No?

You mean Jesus didn't do that kind of stuff?

Please...what a reach....

At least McNair's offenses aren't, strictly speaking, illegal...Ray should be in jail forever, if not on death row.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-13-2009, 08:10 PM

Ray Lewis is NOT a devout Christian, please don't try to pass that off here because we're not wearing purple colored glasses like some.

Ray Lewis is a scumbag. He should be sitting in jail right now, not playing pro football making millions.

Steve McNair made none of the sacrifices that Jesus Christ made. Last I checked, he died because he's a chronic adulterer (is that even a word?), he didn't die to forgive my sins or anyone else's...he dies because of his sins.

Ravnet
07-13-2009, 09:37 PM
You guys are right, Ray Lewis is a murderer, Steve McNair was nothing more than a cheating scumbag, and Art Modell deserves to be stoned.

Thanks for enlightening me.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-13-2009, 09:53 PM
You guys are right, Ray Lewis is a murderer, Steve McNair was nothing more than a cheating scumbag, and Art Modell deserves to be stoned.

Thanks for enlightening me.

You're welcome! :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
07-13-2009, 09:54 PM
in heaven the streets are paved with golden steelers superbowl rings and adorned with sterling silver lombardi's.

learn it.

live it.

love it.

Stover4Prez
07-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Ray Lewis is NOT a devout Christian, please don't try to pass that off here because we're not wearing purple colored glasses like some.

Ray Lewis is a scumbag. He should be sitting in jail right now, not playing pro football making millions.

Steve McNair made none of the sacrifices that Jesus Christ made. Last I checked, he died because he's a chronic adulterer (is that even a word?), he didn't die to forgive my sins or anyone else's...he dies because of his sins.

How do you know that Ray is NOT a devout Christian? Do you go to church with him? Have you been to his house and talked to him? Perhaps you have been to some of his charity events and seen him being a jerk. I would love to hear these stories.

And he should be sitting in jail based on what? That no witness when questioned in court could say that he hit, kicked or stabbed anyone that night? Except a con artist who was working a deal to make his sentence less? Were you at the club that night?

And Ray and no point said Steve died for your sins. He said he sacrificed, worked hard, played hurt and was a warrior who "sacrificed" for his children. Now that argument can be played out and I completely agree that if you love your kids you shouldn't be hooking up with a crazy chick who just bought a gun! No doubt. But as much as everyone wants to say the Steeler hatred of Ray (and apparently Steve) has slanted your opinion of these comments as well. I didn't particularly like McNair, will never forgive him for HIS loss against Indy in the playoffs, and didn't think he was a great QB. But I would never wish his friends and family to bad mouth him at his funeral.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-13-2009, 11:47 PM
How do you know that Ray is NOT a devout Christian? Do you go to church with him? Have you been to his house and talked to him? Perhaps you have been to some of his charity events and seen him being a jerk. I would love to hear these stories.

And he should be sitting in jail based on what? That no witness when questioned in court could say that he hit, kicked or stabbed anyone that night? Except a con artist who was working a deal to make his sentence less? Were you at the club that night?

And Ray and no point said Steve died for your sins. He said he sacrificed, worked hard, played hurt and was a warrior who "sacrificed" for his children. Now that argument can be played out and I completely agree that if you love your kids you shouldn't be hooking up with a crazy chick who just bought a gun! No doubt. But as much as everyone wants to say the Steeler hatred of Ray (and apparently Steve) has slanted your opinion of these comments as well. I didn't particularly like McNair, will never forgive him for HIS loss against Indy in the playoffs, and didn't think he was a great QB. But I would never wish his friends and family to bad mouth him at his funeral.

A devout Christian wouldn't use the language that he uses on the football field for one. Giving to charity, going to church doesn't make someone a devout Christian. He does have some good qualities, but IMO, I would not call him a devout Christian. A believer, yeah. I would put him in the same category as myself. But a devout Christian, no way.

He witnessed a murder in progress and didn't alert the authorities. That is accessory to murder. He got off with some misdemeanor for his testimony which failed to put the people who actually did kill the two men in jail.

As for McNair, I liked him as a football player. I loved his toughness and grit on the football field. I hated playing him, because he was so damn good. He wasn't a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady skirt wearing QB, McNair was a football player QB.

However, I don't want to hear about how he sacrificed for his family. Any father worth a shit as a dad sacrifices for his family. Yeah he suffered a lot of injuries playing football, but it comes with the job description. People don't go praising police officers, construction workers, and other normal Joe people with normal Joe jobs because they do something that is dangerous. McNair wasn't going to get shot by someone on the football field, he wasn't going to fall off of a tall building in his profession. He was payed MILLIONS to play a game for goodness sakes. Don't give me sacrifice garbage because he got a lot of bumps and bruises playing football.

He didn't get shot trying to save a kid from a stray bullet fired by someone in the ghetto. He got shot because the woman he was cheating on his wife with thought he was cheating on her, and honestly he probably was.

Yes, his death was a tragedy. Nobody deserves to be murdered (unless they themselves have committed murder, and the punishment is the death sentence). But his decisions lead to his death. While I do feel bad about it and wish it never happened, I can step back and see that he brought this on himself.

And yes, I realize that when you eulogize someone you don't talk trash about them. But Ray Lewis took that to the opposite end if the spectrum. He took that concept too far. If you cannot see that, then maybe you need to get over your man crush on Ray Lewis...and until you do...don't go telling any Steelers fan on this message board to step back from their hatred/strong dislike of Ray Lewis or any Ravens player.

X-Terminator
07-14-2009, 12:24 AM
A devout Christian wouldn't use the language that he uses on the football field for one. Giving to charity, going to church doesn't make someone a devout Christian. He does have some good qualities, but IMO, I would not call him a devout Christian. A believer, yeah. I would put him in the same category as myself. But a devout Christian, no way.

He witnessed a murder in progress and didn't alert the authorities. That is accessory to murder. He got off with some misdemeanor for his testimony which failed to put the people who actually did kill the two men in jail.

As for McNair, I liked him as a football player. I loved his toughness and grit on the football field. I hated playing him, because he was so damn good. He wasn't a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady skirt wearing QB, McNair was a football player QB.

However, I don't want to hear about how he sacrificed for his family. Any father worth a shit as a dad sacrifices for his family. Yeah he suffered a lot of injuries playing football, but it comes with the job description. People don't go praising police officers, construction workers, and other normal Joe people with normal Joe jobs because they do something that is dangerous. McNair wasn't going to get shot by someone on the football field, he wasn't going to fall off of a tall building in his profession. He was payed MILLIONS to play a game for goodness sakes. Don't give me sacrifice garbage because he got a lot of bumps and bruises playing football.

He didn't get shot trying to save a kid from a stray bullet fired by someone in the ghetto. He got shot because the woman he was cheating on his wife with thought he was cheating on her, and honestly he probably was.

Yes, his death was a tragedy. Nobody deserves to be murdered (unless they themselves have committed murder, and the punishment is the death sentence). But his decisions lead to his death. While I do feel bad about it and wish it never happened, I can step back and see that he brought this on himself.

And yes, I realize that when you eulogize someone you don't talk trash about them. But Ray Lewis took that to the opposite end if the spectrum. He took that concept too far. If you cannot see that, then maybe you need to get over your man crush on Ray Lewis...and until you do...don't go telling any Steelers fan on this message board to step back from their hatred/strong dislike of Ray Lewis or any Ravens player.

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

Can't say it any better than that.

Really, the excuses being made by the purple sunglasses-clad Lewis apologists in this thread are just ridiculous. There is NO WAY...NONE, ZIP, NADA...that anything about Steve McNair's life can be compared to Jesus Christ, directly or indirectly. Not after discovering that the way he lived his life was anything but Christ-like. And that is that.

revefsreleets
07-14-2009, 09:02 AM
Ray copped a plea...he turned state's witness. He WAS charged with murder and aggravated assault. Bear in mind, this case was going to trial, and was bound over because there was enough initial evidence that he was guilty. He COPPED A DEAL, which is NOT the same as innocence.

To refresh some people's recollections, when Ray was initially questioned, he LIED and said he was only a witness, and didn't even know thew two guys he later sent up the river. What's worse, he was granted IMMUNITY for his testimony, and the most nefarious aspect of the case was all the people who CHANGED THEIR TESTIMONY when questioned by the prosecution, I mean people who literally initially said they saw Ray fighting, outside the limo, saw him with a knife, etc, etc later just completely backtracked and said he was just trying to get people in the limo. Yeah, riiiiiight....money talks, baby...

If you're a blind lemming, an unquestioning nuthugger of this murdering thug, fine, but the facts are the facts and most of know what REALLY happened.

So we have a murderer calling a chronic repeat adulterer "Jesus-like" and that is something rotten in Denmark in most sane and rational people's books...

BlastFurnace
07-14-2009, 09:06 AM

You're right in that I don't know Ray beyond what I see. I can't judge him or his convictions based upon 3 hours on Sunday and what I read in the paper. I don't know him, nor do I know any Steelers. Who knows what they are really like beyond the limited exposure we have of their lives.

I just think, based upon everything I read in scripture about Jesus, that Ray should have used someone else to compare Steve McNair to. From people I know who have been through this...not murder, but adultery...the emotional pain you put your family through far outweighs any physical pain that Steve endured on the football field.

In his press conference, when Jeff Fisher said that if Steve were alive today, that the Steve McNair he knew would say "I love you Mechelle"....I think the more appropriate thing to say for Steve would be "I screwed up. I'm sorry. Please forgive me".

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-14-2009, 02:01 PM

okey dokey...here is a story from SI about the "Honorable" Rev. Lewis...who was behind the pulpit at a church event..

Lewis is telling the crowd. "Even though I was persecuted, crucified.... Am I O.K.?

“Every time I step on the football field, He's prepared a table for me in the presence of my enemy!" Lewis says, and now he's jeering. "And every time they think they want to say something to me? Every time they think they want to boo me? They have to pay--to come see me."

And it's over. (Pastor) Bryant steps toward him, reaches for the microphone, but Lewis is too far gone. He flings the mike down, and it hits the stage with a reverberating thunk. God's linebacker stalks away, certain he's feeling nothing but grace.

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1108943/index.htm

You wanted a public event in which he is being a hypocritical jerk? There ya go...arrogance and repentence NEVER go hand in hand

RoethlisBURGHer
07-14-2009, 02:32 PM
I think the fact that we won't agree with his adolation of Stabbit Ray has upset him and he has left.

I hope the door hits him in the ass on his way out.

Youngstown Steeler
07-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Ray needs to hire someone to write his speeches if he has intentions on ever speaking publicly again! Maybe Lester Hayes is available?

Ravnet
07-16-2009, 02:15 AM
I think the fact that we won't agree with his adolation of Stabbit Ray has upset him and he has left.

I hope the door hits him in the ass on his way out.

It's absolutely pointless to argue on this board in particular as virtually every single member is self-righteous to the point that they become set on a specific point and physically cannot adopt another opinion, nor are they willing to even listen.

Even if an issue is clearly arbitrary, posters on this message board will continue to "bump" posts and/or taunt followers of opposing teams as the Pittsburgh fans completely and totally convince themselves that their take on the issue is 115% true.

I'm really not being biased in saying that as this forum is absurdly arrogant; I find haughtiness coming from spectators of a professional sports team to be obnoxiously comical as they are nothing more than observers, yet still consider themselves integral parts of the organization.

fansince'76
07-16-2009, 02:19 AM
It's absolutely pointless to argue on this board in particular as virtually every single member is self-righteous to the point that they become set on a specific point and physically cannot adopt another opinion, nor are they willing to even listen.

Even if an issue is clearly arbitrary, posters on this message board will continue to "bump" posts and/or taunt followers of opposing teams as the Pittsburgh fans completely and totally convince themselves that their point is nothing but true.

I'm really not being biased in saying that as this forum is absurdly arrogant; I find haughtiness coming from spectators of a professional sports team to be obnoxiously comical as they are nothing more than observers, yet still consider themselves integral parts of the organization.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

revefsreleets
07-16-2009, 11:24 AM

Even if an issue is clearly arbitrary, posters on this message board will continue to "bump" posts and/or taunt followers of opposing teams as the Pittsburgh fans completely and totally convince themselves that their take on the issue is 115% true.

That's cute...but it completely ignores the core argument here: Ray Lewis is NOT an innocent victim (nor for that matter is Steve McNair). He's, at BEST an accessory to murder who plea bargained his way out of it, at WORST a murderer himself. And a murderer calling a serial adulterer Jesus is INDEFENSIBLE in any sane and rational discourse.

Edman
07-16-2009, 02:38 PM
We're talking about Steve McNair the human here, we're not talking about Steve McNair the football player. Any Steeler fan will tell you that Steve McNair was a great athlete and a frustrating opponent. Any Steeler fan will tell you James Harrison is a great player, but not a very desirable or respectful human being.

As we have learned, Steve McNair the human is an unfaithful selfish farce of a family man. He is not some innocent victim of a hate crime or random shooting. His ADULTERY lead to the ruin of a young girl's life and his untimely death.

Not only is Ray Lewis is cowardly murderor, but he's a delusional idiot as well.

HometownGal
07-16-2009, 03:05 PM

:applaudit::thumbsup::applaudit:

One of the BEST posts I've ever read on this BB or any other. :hatsoff:

Ray Lewis is a pompous douchebag who should be rotting in a prison cell. Period.

I adored Steve McNair as a football player and admired him for his grit and his charity work, but I do NOT respect him as a man. Though Steve's death was tragically unfortunate, the TRUE victims here are his grieiving spouse and children that he obviously had no respect for.

Youngstown Steeler
07-16-2009, 03:07 PM
We're talking about Steve McNair the human here, we're not talking about Steve McNair the football player. Any Steeler fan will tell you that Steve McNair was a great athlete and a frustrating opponent. Any Steeler fan will tell you James Harrison is a great player, but not a very desirable or respectful human being.

As we have learned, Steve McNair the human is an unfaithful selfish farce of a family man. He is not some innocent victim of a hate crime or random shooting. His ADULTERY lead to the ruin of a young girl's life and his untimely death.

Not only is Ray Lewis is cowardly murderor, but he's a delusional idiot as well.

Not to change the subject here, but let's talk about James Harrison. I've seen it written on several occasions on this board that Harrison is not the best person alive. Help me understand. I've never witnessed anything negative involving James. I've never heard him bad-mouth anyone, I've never seen anything negative about his play on the field. Am I missing something? He seems like a good person to me.

Steel Head
07-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Not to change the subject here, but let's talk about James Harrison. I've seen it written on several occasions on this board that Harrison is not the best person alive. Help me understand. I've never witnessed anything negative involving James. I've never heard him bad-mouth anyone, I've never seen anything negative about his play on the field. Am I missing something? He seems like a good person to me.

he hit his wife last offseason

St33lersguy
07-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Ray was making a speech in front of McNair's family and friends, and Lewis wanted to honor Steve to the best of his ability.

Obviously Ray got caught up in the moment, but his intentions were genuine.

To judge Steve without knowing the entire story is foolish. I think that it was shameful for McNair to cheat on his wife as well, but I don't even know 1% of what actually happened, so I won't pass judgment.

blah blah blah. You're just defending Stabbit Ray and Steve because Ray praised him. Steve was an adulterer, Ray's comment was stupid, and completely wrong period end of discussion.

Ravnet
07-17-2009, 12:07 AM
That's cute...but it completely ignores the core argument here: Ray Lewis is NOT an innocent victim (nor for that matter is Steve McNair). He's, at BEST an accessory to murder who plea bargained his way out of it, at WORST a murderer himself. And a murderer calling a serial adulterer Jesus is INDEFENSIBLE in any sane and rational discourse.

Considering that you're inherently biased simply because Ray does not play for Pittsburgh, I can respect your opinion as it is a moderately fair assessment all things considered.

That being said, I take issue with people calling Ray a murderer because, as far as we know, Ray was involved in a fight and later lied to police under pressure, however telling fibs and brawling does not compare to taking another man's life. Lewis may not have done everything in his power to prevent an incident, nor did he later reveal the truth in its entirety, but Ray did not kill anyone, and that is extremely important to note.

stlrtruck
07-17-2009, 08:16 AM
but Ray did not kill anyone, and that is extremely important to note.

As much as you state that we don't know for sure that he did kill a person, you can not stand here this today claiming 100% knowledge that he did not kill anyone either.

Let's face it, the story is murky at best. There are only a few people who know the truth and since it's been through the judicial system I don't see anyone really coming forth with the truth. But this late in the game would it be believable.

And to be honest, it's not on my top list of questions to ask Jesus when I get to heaven!

Youngstown Steeler
07-17-2009, 08:51 AM

Lots of Christians put 'bounties' out on other people. Puh-leeze!

revefsreleets
07-17-2009, 01:11 PM
As much as you state that we don't know for sure that he did kill a person, you can not stand here this today claiming 100% knowledge that he did not kill anyone either.

Let's face it, the story is murky at best. There are only a few people who know the truth and since it's been through the judicial system I don't see anyone really coming forth with the truth. But this late in the game would it be believable.

And to be honest, it's not on my top list of questions to ask Jesus when I get to heaven!

That's patently false. I have been for ousting of troubled players for a long time. When Bam Morris got caught with a trunk full of weed, see ya Bam! And that was just weed (which was clearly for sale). I was all for Dookie getting dumped, because he was repeatedly beating his chick up. Harrison was a gray area, and when I saw that the Steelers didn't dump him I knew it was an isolated incident. Same with Santo Holmes.

I don't give an eff WHO it was, if a Steeler had been an accessory to murder (or worse), or got caught dealing coke, I'd advocate cutting them immediately. It's not the Steelers way to keep human garbage on the roster.

As for Lewis, I've said my piece...but when SEVERAL witnesses change their testimony, even shocking the prosecutor when they do it? C'mon man, open your eyes!