PDA

View Full Version : Tips to live through the Dog Pound!

psteelers3680
07-13-2009, 11:39 AM
I am going to the Dec 10 game in Cleveland with my father who is a Browns fan (ew). Anyways, we are sitting in the dogpound and heard that Steelers fans don't usually make it out alive. to make it worse I will definitely be decked out in full STEEELERS gear!!!!! Anyone have any tips to live through it?

Thanks ahead of time!

HUGE STEELERS FAN!!!

psteelers3680
07-13-2009, 12:09 PM
bump

psteelers3680
07-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Come on guys, I'm sure someone has an experience of sitting in the dogpound in Cleveland?

SteelCityKing
07-13-2009, 01:27 PM
i never experienced the Dog Pound, but i did survive a Ravens game in Baltimore...

...i was kicked out early in the 4th quarter by threatening to "choke the living sh*t" out of him for calling all Steelers fans f*gg*ts. classy guy got me kicked out of the game and still offered to buy me a beer afterwards. haha!

i've heard the Dog Pound was rough too. the ONLY way you can survive is if you go in there with someone who is a Browns fan. i know a few of them, but they never go to games. haha!

fansince'76
07-13-2009, 01:50 PM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/dog-pepper-spray.jpg

:chuckle:

Welcome to the board! :drink:

Dino 6 Rings
07-13-2009, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't worry. You're a Steelers fan, just don't Curse and give any drunkard a reason to swing at you and you'll be fine.

They are a bunch of sorry fools cheering on that team, just sit there, grin big while we whoop the crap out of them again.

psteelers3680
07-13-2009, 02:21 PM
bump

SteelCityKing
07-13-2009, 02:22 PM
I wouldn't worry. You're a Steelers fan, just don't Curse and give any drunkard a reason to swing at you and you'll be fine.

They are a bunch of sorry fools cheering on that team, just sit there, grin big while we whoop the crap out of them again.

yeah. there's nothing wrong with eating a little sh*t while watching your team beat their team at their house. haha!

but if you do decide to rock out a massive amount of Steelers gear (which i hope you do) i really hope you decide to wear Steelers stuff you don't really care about or wasn't that expensive. because if the Browns are losing (and you know that'll be the case) you will get doused with beer and probably hit with nachos, pizza, and probably fecal matter of some kind. so, make sure you represent your team, but you don't let anything meaningful and expensive get ruined by unruly turd colored fans. haha!

psteelers3680
07-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Thanks for all of the responses so far! They have been very entertaining. Hope to read a bunch more!!!!

NJarhead
07-13-2009, 03:09 PM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/dog-pepper-spray.jpg

:chuckle:

Welcome to the board! :drink:

:laughing:

psteelers3680
07-13-2009, 03:57 PM
bump for some more responses!

SteelCityKing
07-13-2009, 04:35 PM
I am going to the Dec 10 game in Cleveland with my father who is a Browns fan (ew). Anyways, we are sitting in the dogpound and heard that Steelers fans don't usually make it out alive. to make it worse I will definitely be decked out in full STEEELERS gear!!!!! Anyone have any tips to live through it?

Thanks ahead of time!

HUGE STEELERS FAN!!!

doesn't that suck when a beloved family member is a fan of another team!? it's almost like they aren't even your REAL family. like you were adopted my Hungarian gypsies and they have no clue what football is all about! haha!

my mother is a die hard Steelers fan and she LOVES Troy Polamalu. my brother, he lieks any player who is up and coming and hot right now. he's a fairweather flash in the pan fan. he had a Michael Vick, LaDanian Tomlinson, Reggie Bush, and Terrell Owens jersey. he loved all of those players because at one point they were good. it drove me nuts because all he would do is talk smack about the Steelers. to this day i am convinced he's not really my brother but an evil cyborg sent to destroy all Steelers fans one at a time.

good luck out there, bro. you'll need it. haha!

psteelers3680
07-13-2009, 05:27 PM
doesn't that suck when a beloved family member is a fan of another team!? it's almost like they aren't even your REAL family. like you were adopted my Hungarian gypsies and they have no clue what football is all about! haha!

my mother is a die hard Steelers fan and she LOVES Troy Polamalu. my brother, he lieks any player who is up and coming and hot right now. he's a fairweather flash in the pan fan. he had a Michael Vick, LaDanian Tomlinson, Reggie Bush, and Terrell Owens jersey. he loved all of those players because at one point they were good. it drove me nuts because all he would do is talk smack about the Steelers. to this day i am convinced he's not really my brother but an evil cyborg sent to destroy all Steelers fans one at a time.

good luck out there, bro. you'll need it. haha!

Funny you should mention Hungarian gypsies. It just so happens that that's where my Brownie loving father is from!!!! HAHA. As for my brother, he is a NINERS fan. Not sure where that came from.

psteelers3680
07-13-2009, 07:05 PM
bump

SteelCityKing
07-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Funny you should mention Hungarian gypsies. It just so happens that that's where my Brownie loving father is from!!!! HAHA. As for my brother, he is a NINERS fan. Not sure where that came from.

i know a few 49ers fans. they sure are a quiet bunch of people. a guess damn near 15 years of futility has taken the words right out of their mouths. haha!

Browns fans...i don't even want to get started on them. we'll wait until week 6. haha!

Guttpuppy
07-13-2009, 07:18 PM
I went to a game in Cleveland once, we sat in the corner of the endzone next to the pound. They called me names and told me to sit down a lot. A few beers were thrown at me as well as a mustard covered hot dog. There was more Steelers fans there than what I was expecting and they had my back.

psteelers3680
07-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks Guttpuppy! I don't know how many Steeler Fans that are going to be brave enough to have my back in the pound though! I hope to see a lot of Black and Gold!!!

psteelers3680
07-14-2009, 09:28 AM
bump

SteelCityKing
07-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Thanks Guttpuppy! I don't know how many Steeler Fans that are going to be brave enough to have my back in the pound though! I hope to see a lot of Black and Gold!!!

have you ever been to a Steeler game!?!? those things are basically giant family reunions with family members you never met and will never see again! but they are nice enough to high five, fist bump, or hug your when your team scores and they'll be there for you through thick and thin...for 3 hours or so! they will definitely have your back.

i've witnessed such commradery as an opposing teams fan getting harassed by Steelers fans in the bathroom once at a Steelers game, and Steeler fans actually broke it up and squashed the beef. i thought the Steelers fan where going to hop in on the harassing action, but that was not the case. Steelers fans can be big ball busters...but with hearts of gold (or black and gold!) but mostly ball busters! haha!

if you are going to an away game and you have fellow Steelers fans with you and around you, you're safe. i wouldn't worry about it. but do note, if you have your terrible towel with you, you might need it to wipe off beer, tears, feces, blood, or mustard off your jersey. so, bring a spare incase that happens or they steal it and stomp on it. but if that happens, they are surely going to get smashed with falling rocks or attacked by rhinos on the highway because that's how karma is for anyone who disrespects the towel. haha!

Guttpuppy
07-14-2009, 10:10 PM
you crazy

psteelers3680
07-15-2009, 07:35 AM
you crazy

I think I am the unloved son, because my dad bought dogpound tickets without me knowing and he knows I probably will not come out of there alive!!!

SteelCityKing
07-15-2009, 03:03 PM
I think I am the unloved son, because my dad bought dogpound tickets without me knowing and he knows I probably will not come out of there alive!!!

he's trying to get you out of the will without having to pay someone to kidnap you or hire a hitman. he's doing it in the most non chalant and loving way possible. having you killed by opposing fans at a sporting event.

that's easier and better than chopping up a body into 6 pieces and feeding it to pigs. i've seen that done in Snatch! haha!

psteelers3680
08-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Figured I'd bump to see if there are any more bright ideas LOL. Anyone else going to the game?

Kvnfaber
08-11-2009, 01:06 PM
he's trying to get you out of the will without having to pay someone to kidnap you or hire a hitman. he's doing it in the most non chalant and loving way possible. having you killed by opposing fans at a sporting event.

that's easier and better than chopping up a body into 6 pieces and feeding it to pigs. i've seen that done in Snatch! haha!

Never trust a man with a pig farm!

psteelers3680
08-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Never trust a man with a pig farm!

Thanks, ill try to remember that!!!!

psteelers3680
08-12-2009, 11:37 AM
bump

NeilHirsch
10-12-2009, 04:25 PM
i'll be there too! head to toe in black and gold. see, i'm from a town 20 minutes south of Cleveland, and where I'm from, it's a cardinal SIN to throw anything at an Ohio State Buckeye, so I'm wearing my Holmes jersey. But, I'll have my steelers sweatpants, and hat on, with a black coat over. and i'll be in the dead center of the dawg pound so i will for sure have your back. count on it.

Stillers43
10-14-2009, 11:39 AM
There will be more Steeler fans at the stadium than Browns fans. The Browns will still only have 1 win at that point in the season and their fans won't show up. It happens every year when we travel there late in the season. You will hear chants of "Here WE Go Steelers Here We Go!"