PDA

View Full Version : Top 15 Superhero Movies

SteelCityKing
07-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Once relegated to the pages of comic books, superheroes have burst onto the big screen within the past decade with a power that's nothing less than, well, superhuman! Every summer features at least one (if not more) superhero epic, and each year ups the ante in terms of story, acting, and special effects. You'll find some familiar faces (and animated ones), with one hero placing no less than three films in the top fifteen.

from IMDB.com

15. The Incredible Hulk (2008)
14. Superman (1978)
13. X-Men (2000)
12. Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008)
11. Spider-man (2002)
10. Robocop (1987)
9. The Crow (1994)
8. Batman (1989)
7. Spider-man 2 (2004)
6. X2 (2003)
5. Watchmen (2009)
4. Iron Man (2008)
3. The Incredibles (2004)
2. Batman Begins (2005)
1. The Dark Knight (2008)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

i just stumbled upon this list and i know it has zero to do with football, but i still thought it was pretty cool. The Dark Knight was a great movie and deserves to be on the list...even the top. but i had my gripes about that film. Iron Man was good, too much CGI. Robocop? The Crow? i loved those films. but i don't really consider them "superheroes". instead of Robocop, i would probably throw Blade on that list. Edward Norton's Hulk is way better than Eric Bana's Hulk by far, but it's still a giant CGI green guy running around that probably still couldn't win in a fight against Lou Ferigno! haha! X2 is better than X1 by far, and Spider-man 2 is better than Spidey 1...so, X-men and Spider-man 1 should be nixed from the list and replaced with maybe The Matrix if you would consider Neo a superhero. and Wolverine. but you can't delete one X-men and replace him with another. haha!

what do you guys think of the list?

revefsreleets
07-13-2009, 03:39 PM
I never saw "The Incredibles". Otherwise, I don't have to much of a problem with it.

I'd move "Unbreakable" into that lost if it qualifies...

SteelCityKing
07-13-2009, 04:41 PM
I never saw "The Incredibles". Otherwise, I don't have to much of a problem with it.

I'd move "Unbreakable" into that lost if it qualifies...

Unbreakable was amazing. probably my favorite Bruce Willis movie next to "12 Monkeys" and "Pulp Fiction." i never even thought about that one. and even though i hate to admit it, "Hanprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterpr ofanityfilter" wasn't really that bad. but i think it'd fall in the list if it was a Top 25 list.

tony hipchest
07-13-2009, 07:16 PM
what? no Howard the Duck? ok, i admit... i havent seen it either (he was a superhero though, right?)

i like most if not all superhero movies (even electra and daredevil) so this is pretty difficult. but heres some thoughts for my personal tastes-

superman at #14??? wow. both 1 and 2 were amazing when i was a kid (atleast i saw them as that).

batman in 89 was about 15 years ahead of its time and showed the genre could have life. unfortunately it was many years later before a comic adaption that good came back out.

after the height of comic books popularity in the early 90's it is odd that Spawn was the first to go to the big screen (as opposed to a marvel or DC character). i think it opened the eyes of the big studios and showed how all the modern special effects (speaking of which, anyone remember FX) could really bring a comic off the pages.

a fantastic four movie was in the works since the early 90's but kept getting scrapped because the studios couldnt pull it off. although alot of purists dont like either of them, i think theyre great. silver surfer brought to life was excellent.

no conan the barbarian? :confused:

i admit a bias and i would probably put all 3 punishers in my top 10.

i consider transformers a comic adaption/superhero movie.

i would most definitely call beatrix kiddo from kill bill a superhero. the 2 flicks have strong comic book elements, both visually and in the storyline (highlighted by bills soliloquy about clark kent) and the storyboard seems as if it was taken straight from the pages.

oh, and honorable mention to the underrated DARKMAN (unfortunately it came out during that dead period between superman and batman, where a movie like "Mannequin" was more likely to be en vogue.

speaking of that era, i also thought Ghostbusters rocked. they were superheros right? they saved the city from the paranormal/supernatural.

oh, and agreed on Unbreakable. Incredibles is pretty cool and funny for a kids movie/cartoon (shouldnt be #3 though).

i wouldnt have the batman's 1 and 2 and props to Hellboy making this list.

PisnNapalm
07-13-2009, 11:05 PM
The Incredibles above Spiderman?? No way... The guy that made the list needs to put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard.

Robocop...? Where's Xmen 3? That one was maybe the best of the three.

No Wolverine? I know it just came out a couple months ago, but it was so good I went to see it twice at the theater.

Bah...

PAMillerGrrl83
07-14-2009, 12:29 AM
Ah I have no problem with this list, I LOVED both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight so no complaints here...although I am partially biased to Christian Bale.

SteelCityKing
07-14-2009, 07:22 AM
i had a huge debate about this at work last night and the one thing i wanted to say is, Blade should be on the list for sure. BLADE! best action/kung fu/vampire/horror flick out there. haha!

KeiselPower99
07-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Once relegated to the pages of comic books, superheroes have burst onto the big screen within the past decade with a power that's nothing less than, well, superhuman! Every summer features at least one (if not more) superhero epic, and each year ups the ante in terms of story, acting, and special effects. You'll find some familiar faces (and animated ones), with one hero placing no less than three films in the top fifteen.

from IMDB.com

14. Superman (1978)
13. X-Men (2000)
11. Spider-man (2002)
10. Robocop (1987)
9. The Crow (1994)
8. Batman (1989)
7. Spider-man 2 (2004)
6. X2 (2003)
5. Watchmen (2009)
4. Iron Man (2008)
2. Batman Begins (2005)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

i just stumbled upon this list and i know it has zero to do with football, but i still thought it was pretty cool. The Dark Knight was a great movie and deserves to be on the list...even the top. but i had my gripes about that film. Iron Man was good, too much CGI. Robocop? The Crow? i loved those films. but i don't really consider them "superheroes". instead of Robocop, i would probably throw Blade on that list. Edward Norton's Hulk is way better than Eric Bana's Hulk by far, but it's still a giant CGI green guy running around that probably still couldn't win in a fight against Lou Ferigno! haha! X2 is better than X1 by far, and Spider-man 2 is better than Spidey 1...so, X-men and Spider-man 1 should be nixed from the list and replaced with maybe The Matrix if you would consider Neo a superhero. and Wolverine. but you can't delete one X-men and replace him with another. haha!

what do you guys think of the list?

Spiderman 3 was better then 2. IronMan was 10x better then the Incredibles and The 2 Batman movies.

lilyoder6
07-14-2009, 08:14 PM
the dark knight was insanely good...

and as it goes... not even the god almight transformers 2 could beat out the dark knight in the box office

SteelCityKing
07-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Spiderman 3 was better then 2. IronMan was 10x better then the Incredibles and The 2 Batman movies.

Spider-man 3 was awful and extremely overrated. Iron Man was really good too, but not one of my favorites. The Incredibles was funny and sweet and cute, but i don't think it should've made the list. if so, it should've been on the bottom or bumped out Robocop. if you want to throw Robocop on the list, add the Terminator, Short Circuit, or anything with Jean Claude Van Damme! haha!

i just think this list is a little obtuse and i keep harping on it, but BLADE...Blade! haha!

Psyychoward86
07-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Oh geez, Dark Knight was soooo good the first time I saw it with some friends at the theater. But once I bought it on Dvd to watch again, I thought it was really boring for some reason :flap:

SteelCityKing
07-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Oh geez, Dark Knight was soooo good the first time I saw it with some friends at the theater. But once I bought it on Dvd to watch again, I thought it was really boring for some reason :flap:

that movie was decent. not great or spectacular. Heath Ledger made that movie what it was and he snagged an Oscar for it. but the movie fell short of being anything i really hoped for. i think Batman was caught up in some stupid love triangle and that stole the essence of what he was fighting for in the first one. plus, Two Face was a joke. he came...he yelled...he "died." i say "died" because i'm sure he'll be back for the next one somehow. but it just felt empty to me. like i was soooo excited about seeing it, and i left before the movie was over. even though i sat through 2.5 hours of it! haha!

it's on the list for a reason, but the numbers it raked in and the awards and accolades it received, it deserves number one. but i didn't like as much as everyone else did.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
07-14-2009, 09:47 PM
It only got the acclaim it did because Ledger died. Was an average movie, but that is all.

MACH1
07-14-2009, 09:55 PM
WTF...No Spawn, No Punisher

KeiselPower99
07-15-2009, 12:01 PM
WTF...No Spawn, No Punisher

No doubt, Spawn and either of the last 2 Punisher movies should be on that list.

Dino 6 Rings
07-15-2009, 12:37 PM
14. Superman (1978)
13. X-Men (2000)
11. Spider-man (2002)
10. Robocop (1987)
9. The Crow (1994)
8. Batman (1989)
7. Spider-man 2 (2004)
6. X2 (2003)
5. Watchmen (2009)
4. Iron Man (2008)
2. Batman Begins (2005)

I consider myself somewhat of a Movie Buff so here we go.

First off, this list is of Most Popular Super Hero movies, not necessarily the Best. That is why Spawn and Punisher aren't on the list. And if anyone else other than Nicholas Cage had played Ghost Rider, that Movie would be on the list.

The Crow is Number 1. Every Aspect of that movie is AsssssKicking Good from the flashbacks, to the violence against the bad guys, to the entire Soundtrack, it is one of the best Films of the 90s over all. It has highs and lows and edginess and spine tingling moments. Just fantastic.

Also, BLADE, another great adaptation to the Big Screen and Wesley Snipes finally found a role that suited him 100%. That Movie was fantastic for what it was.

300 was also based upon an Graphic Novel. That movie is one of my all time Favorites just because it makes me want to get a sword, get a sheild, and go find some Persians to attack!!! (Ancient Persians, not the Modern Iranians, for the record)

As for the Batman Movies. The Original 1989 was good and I think #2 with Devito as the Penquin is highly under rated. Watch that film again. Michelle Pfifer as Catwoman is delicious and Christopher Walkin is in it as a Bad Guy, classic. The new ones are Ok, I liked that they incorpated ScareCrow into the Batman Begins, but Dark Night, is really supposed to be a Future Older Batman per the Classic Comic Books. I get what they were going for, but the Dark Night is supposed to be a little more Brutal than what they showed in the movie.

Superman I is and always be a classic Flick. II is pretty good as well. The Remake, I get what they were going for trying to make it modern and relevant, but they missed. In my opinion. We'll see if they leave that alone or try to bring it back. They should just do "The Death of Superman" as done in the Comic Book and bring in ALL the DC Characters that get killed or whipped by Doomsday and just put that on the big screen. It'll make a Billion Dollars. But what do I know...

Dino 6 Rings
07-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Hellboy was fun because I never read the comics and for me it was new.

Spawn I thought could have actually been a lot better. It left me wanting and disappointed.

Spiderman was great. Very "cartoony" but still visually stunning and really acted well for being a Campy Super Hero film. Spider Man is one of the "sillier" Heroes, by his very nature of being a teenager, he's just immature, that part of it is captured well in the film.

XMen over all, very predictable. Also not violent enough for my taste. If you have claws that shoot out of your skin and you slash someone across the face, sorry but there should be blood. Then again, it was targeting younger teens so I get that as well. Just saying, I'll see Wolverine on Video when it comes out.

Fantastic Four, was alright. Loved the Silver Surfer and the "geekiness" of the Four was done well. I just don't like them because they are so Geeky as characters. Too Good for me to enjoy.

Robocop. Heck Yeah. That movie was badassss.

Watchmen. They are more Anti-Heroes than anything else. Your "tortured" Heroes. I haven't seen the movie so I can't comment on them.

Someone mentioned Conan. That's actually not a bad call. That movie is still a freaking classic Sword and Sworceror Movie and don't kid yourself, any time someone makes a Guy with Sword finds bad guys with henchmen and Magic movie, Conan is the measuring stick.

Dino 6 Rings
07-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Now...the Hulk.

Clearly they missed on the first one, and that was more about the Director than anything else. But also, the Story. There was no "bad guy" for him to fight unless it was another Hulk. That bored me both times. Seriously.

I think a better Story would have been to bring in Captain America, right then, (was done in a comic) and have him fight the Hulk. Then Have an outside "bad guy" cause them both to need to work together (Captain tricks Hulk into helping really cause Hulk is a moron) to beat the badguy. Could have used a New monster Bad Guy or chosen any number of Marvel Bad Guy Aliens or what not to fight. But to just fight another Gamma Hulk. Come On already. You did that once. Fight something New. Yeah, I saw the Iron Man reference and wasn't impressed. Fight Something new for pete's sake. Also, what is missed in the movie, the reason the Hulk is hunted is because he has a MASSIVE Collateral Damage Count. Yes, the Hulk Kills Civilians. he doesn't mean to, they are just in the way. That should have been made in the movie so we could have better understood the Beast that is the Hulk.

Iron Man. For me, Big Freaking Yawn.

Dino 6 Rings
07-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Now the movie they are afraid to make is an All DC or All Marvel Movie because once they do that they can't Nit Pick us to death with individual movies. I mean, whose going to go to the theatre to pay 12 bucks a ticket to see Green Lantern, when you have him Fighting in the same movie with Batman, Superman, Green Arrow and Lobo and Doomsday, or Marvel, why go see Punisher 18 when you have Punisher Vs Spider Man Vs Iron Man vs the Hulk vs All the Xmen, in the same film.

They'd make that movie if they knew what they were doing. They'd actually pull a Harry Potter. Make 3 Graphic Novels of that movie. 3 of them, then Bust Out with the 3 movies one after the other. No other Marvel Movies at all, just 3 Everyone Movies and make bank.

Same with DC, 3 novels, 3 movies, make bank.

Then...when they are really Ready to Destroy the box office and completely blow it up and destroy all records, make the Crossover Wars.

Batman vs Captain America
Hulk vs SuperMan Movie
Wolverine vs Lobo
Silver Surfer vs Green Lantern
Elektra vs Catwoman
Storm vs Wonderwoman

Make those and you'll make a Kazillion Dollars.

KeiselPower99
07-15-2009, 01:25 PM
When the Avengers come out in a few years its gonna be massive. Personally Captain America is the movie Im dying to see.

Venom
07-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Nice list , but I would include Superman II . That was a great film. Another one I liked , but dont laugh , was Daredevil ( even though I hate Ben Affleck )

SteelCityKing
07-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Nice list , but I would include Superman II . That was a great film. Another one I liked , but dont laugh , was Daredevil ( even though I hate Ben Affleck )

Dardevil wasn't bad at all. i just thought Colin Farrell ruined the movie. to me, it was a nice mix between The Crow and Spider-man. i loved th director's cut too. it ws way better than the original cut. it was so panned by critics, but being a comic book geek, i enjoyed it throughly.

Dino 6 Rings
07-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Dude, Daredevil was terrible.