PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks prove a point to Bengals fans...

Milkman
01-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Alexander went out of their game early with a concussion.
Did the Seahawks give up? Did they cry about it? Was he this years MVP?
They went on to "win" their game without their best player. No crying.
Why???

Because defense wins games in the playoffs!!!

That's something the Bengals don't have. That's why the Steelers smashed the Bengals.
End of story. So anyone who still wants to whine about Palmer getting hurt, please stop.

Thanks for your time. :peace:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2006, 07:05 PM
Well the man makes a valid point..hard to argue with it.

Milkman
01-14-2006, 07:09 PM
Well the man makes a valid point..hard to argue with it.

tyvm :cheers:

SteelCityMan786
01-14-2006, 08:03 PM
Can't argue with that. Points to you man.

83-Steelers-43
01-14-2006, 09:26 PM
Excellent point and points to you.

Prosdo
01-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Good point

drizze99
01-14-2006, 10:59 PM
+1 for you! Great post...

Hammer67
01-15-2006, 09:48 AM
Forward that to the Cincy newspapers...

DIESELMAN
01-15-2006, 08:00 PM
short and sweet.......very well put :helmet:

bengalsfan21
01-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Lets see would I rather have had Rudi go out or Palmer? I would say Rudi.................RB and QB are two different positions RB are a dime a dozen as proven by Denver, and QB's are rare as proven by Tommy Maddox, Kyle Orton, Kyle Boller, and so on and on....And as far as I know nobody is whining anymore, and just for the record if Ben wouldn't have came back in after getting injured today and the Steelers lost the reason would be bc he wasn't in there. :busted:

Milkman
01-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Lets see would I rather have had Rudi go out or Palmer? I would say Rudi.................RB and QB are two different positions RB are a dime a dozen as proven by Denver, and QB's are rare as proven by Tommy Maddox, Kyle Orton, Kyle Boller, and so on and on....And as far as I know nobody is whining anymore, and just for the record if Ben wouldn't have came back in after getting injured today and the Steelers lost the reason would be bc he wasn't in there. :busted:

Let me rephrase your statement..."Waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!"

If Kitna wasn't the guy they wanted as the backup to help win games when something bad happens to Palmer, then why is he such a high priority to be resigned now all of a sudden?

Remember, football is a "team" sport. Get over it. I expected nothing less from a Bengals fan if that makes you feel any better. :helmet:

Milkman
01-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Now here's something funny, bengalsfan21 says in another post here in the Blast Furnace that the Bengals lost because they abandoned the running game. Now it's the excuse of "I'd rather lose Rudi because RBs are a dime a dozen". Well, which is it? Face it, stop the whining and crying please.

The post I'm referring to is titled "Hey TJ lemme shine my shoes with you jersey ASSJACK!"

CantStop85
01-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Let me rephrase your statement..."Waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!"

If Kitna wasn't the guy they wanted as the backup to help win games when something bad happens to Palmer, then why is he such a high priority to be resigned now all of a sudden?

Remember, football is a "team" sport. Get over it. I expected nothing less from a Bengals fan if that makes you feel any better. :helmet:
I actually agree with BF21, I'd rather lose Rudi, the runningback who takes about 20 touches than Carson, the quarterback who has to handle almost every snap.

Yeah, the Bengals want to keep Jon Kitna as a backup, but that doesn't mean he's as good as Palmer. Quality QB's are hard to find.

I also somewhat agree with you, Milkman, Carson couldn't have played defense and we definitely needed help on that side of the ball.

To say that a game would have ended differently because of an injury is simply speculation and ignoring the actual outcome. Did the injury affect the final score? Probably. Did it affect who won/lost the game? Who knows.

Milkman
01-16-2006, 02:12 PM
I like your reply Cantstop85, but the whole point to this thread is that the Seahawks lost "their" best player and so did the Bengals.

The reason the Seahawks won is that they used other options on offense i.e. the passing game as opposed to the running game. (this would be reversed for the Bengals since they lost a QB instead of the other way around)

The other reason that helped them win is the fact that they have a good defense to go along with that offense.

I do give you lots of credit for not crying though. :thmbup:

CantStop85
01-16-2006, 08:03 PM
I like your reply Cantstop85, but the whole point to this thread is that the Seahawks lost "their" best player and so did the Bengals.

The reason the Seahawks won is that they used other options on offense i.e. the passing game as opposed to the running game. (this would be reversed for the Bengals since they lost a QB instead of the other way around)

The other reason that helped them win is the fact that they have a good defense to go along with that offense.

I do give you lots of credit for not crying though. :thmbup:
True, both the Seahawks and Bengals lost their best players, but it hurt the Bengals the most because 1). The Seahawks are a more complete team (i.e. defense) and 2). Quarterbacks (especially in the bengals no-huddle offense) have to manage the game. Even when Carson isn't throwing the ball he's calling the shots: audibling in to run plays, changing routes, etc...Kitna can't read defenses quite as well as Carson.

I'm not very upset about losing the game. I'm just upset about Carson having to miss his first Pro Bowl trip...I knew we weren't going to win the superbowl this year...maybe next year if we get a defensive line.

Milkman
01-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I think if the Bengals had at least one stud D-lineman that would do wonders for the defense.

Here's hoping they pick another RB or WR in the first round...hehehe.a

CantStop85
01-16-2006, 08:38 PM
Yeah, I think if the Bengals had at least one stud D-lineman that would do wonders for the defense.

Here's hoping they pick another RB or WR in the first round...hehehe.a
The only offensive player that should even be a consideration in the first day of the draft is a Tight End. We need D-linemen and another safety (when you have coaches considering converting one of your wide receivers to safety, you know it's bad).

Milkman
01-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Yeah, I know the Bengals real well here in the Dayton area (Dayton Daily News) and local TV stations).

I was merely poking fun at the drafting of C. Perry 2 years ago.

CantStop85
01-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I know the Bengals real well here in the Dayton area (Dayton Daily News) and local TV stations).

I was merely poking fun at the drafting of C. Perry 2 years ago.
Haha yeah, I figured you were. I criticized the pick too, especially when he got knocked out for the season last year. But, it's actually turned out to be a pretty good pick. He's our change-of-pace and receiving back, we also use him a lot as the slot receiver...he's basically the closest thing we have to a receiving tight end.

bengalsfan21
01-17-2006, 05:29 AM
They did lose bc they abondoned the running game.....I also said they brought Kitna in and wanted him to throw as much as Carson, that isn't going to work bc he had hardly any playing time all year....I think it would have been a different story had the Bengals played him the last couple of weeks and rested Palmer, but it's one of those things that make you say "what if".....As for whining I guess hanging out here a lot rubbed off on me.
The drafting of Chris Perry was shocking but now we can see why it was done, eventually the Bengals will have a scary 2 set backfield that will make defenses think expecially in the no huddle.

Milkman
01-17-2006, 07:09 AM
Blah blah blah blah ... nice try anyway.

And as far as whining rubbing off from this site...Believe me when I say this, I have lived in Ohio for more than 10 years and know first hand that 90% of Bengals fans are bandwagon and the 10% diehards are always whining about something.

But hey, I'm used to all that. :smile:

CantStop85
01-17-2006, 08:07 PM
And as far as whining rubbing off from this site...Believe me when I say this, I have lived in Ohio for more than 10 years and know first hand that 90% of Bengals fans are bandwagon and the 10% diehards are always whining about something.

Don't forget about the Kentucky fans! :bouncy:

Koopa
01-17-2006, 08:26 PM

mayne, do not compare rudi to alexander. alexander=palmer for the seahawks.

CantStop85
01-17-2006, 10:28 PM
mayne, do not compare rudi to alexander. alexander=palmer for the seahawks.
Ew...I don't think you can compare a great runningback to a great quarterback...runningbacks can be replaced pretty easily (not the same production, but adequate enough)...a franchise is built around a quarterback. Teams live and die off of their quarterbacks.

Quarterbacks > Runningbacks > Wide Receivers...the value of the O-Line is debateable.

Milkman
01-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Don't forget about the Kentucky fans! :bouncy:

ROFLMAO...yeah, I wouldn't want to leave them out!

Milkman
01-18-2006, 03:31 PM
Why???

Because defense wins games in the playoffs!!! <<<-------------Big point.

That's something the Bengals don't have. That's why the Steelers smashed the Bengals.
End of story. So anyone who still wants to whine about Palmer getting hurt, please stop.

Just thought I would remind one of the other big points of this thread. :wink:

CowherLover
01-19-2006, 08:20 PM
The value of the O-line isn't debatable, it's an absolute necessity. If you think you're qb is imprortant than why in the hell wouldn't you think his protection isn't of the utmost importance! HELLO????!!!!

Motley Nate
01-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Why???

Because defense wins games in the playoffs!!!

The Bengals lost the game because of the defense and the offense taking a nap in the second half. They scored 17 points without Palmer and if the D held, that would have been enough.

Never said our D was great. As a matter of fact, I've given Ohalete, Kaesviharn and Ratliff a load of shit in recent weeks. They can't cover worth a damn. Players like David Pollack, Deltha O'Neal, Justin Smith and Odell Thurman are excellent defensive players, they are pretty much it though on D. Four guys can't carry the load for 7 other hapless guys.

CantStop85
01-20-2006, 08:47 PM
The value of the O-line isn't debatable, it's an absolute necessity. If you think you're qb is imprortant than why in the hell wouldn't you think his protection isn't of the utmost importance! HELLO????!!!!
Not another idiot...*sigh*

If you look at my post again, you will see I was comparing the values of different positions...I said QB > RB > WR. I, then, said the value of the o-line is debateable because I personally would put the O-Line ahead of the QB, but others might put it slightly below the QB. I wasn't questioning whether an O-Line is necessary or not.

When you read another one of my posts, please attempt to put all of my statements into the correct context. If you are unable to do this, then don't read them.

Milkman
01-21-2006, 10:10 PM
The Bengals lost the game because of the defense and the offense taking a nap in the second half. They scored 17 points without Palmer and if the D held, that would have been enough.

Never said our D was great. As a matter of fact, I've given Ohalete, Kaesviharn and Ratliff a load of shit in recent weeks. They can't cover worth a damn. Players like David Pollack, Deltha O'Neal, Justin Smith and Odell Thurman are excellent defensive players, they are pretty much it though on D. Four guys can't carry the load for 7 other hapless guys.

You and CS85 are 2 of the very few Bengals fans who don't sound like cry babies or ones to make lame excuses.

Much props to both of you! :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: