PDA

View Full Version : The Pats just fell apart

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2006, 11:27 PM
Very uncharacteristic of the Pats.. fumbles, interceptions, penalties, missed opportunities. They're done, stick a fork in em.

Credit Brady though, he kept fighting till the end, right up until that last long bomb that Lynch picked off.

Prosdo
01-14-2006, 11:29 PM
That one call on the interference was a bad one. But I was pretty surprised by the fumbles and interceptions. Brady definitely hung in there. I have a lot of respect for him.

tony hipchest
01-14-2006, 11:31 PM
dillon, faulk, bruschi, seymour,brown, who???

Suitanim
01-14-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm not staying up for it, but you just know Brady's Bunch are gonna say and do a bunch of silly baby stuff in the post game press conferences...

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2006, 11:35 PM
That one call on the interference was a bad one. But I was pretty surprised by the fumbles and interceptions. Brady definitely hung in there. I have a lot of respect for him.

:iagree: that was a phantom pass interference call, it really changed the game w/the broncos getting all the momentum before half time.

Koopa
01-14-2006, 11:36 PM
i loved it, it was great, the refs you are beautiful.

3 to be 4
01-14-2006, 11:49 PM
AP-(Pittsburgh)
Thousands of people are pouring into the streets of Pittsburgh to celebrate that the Steelers wont have to play the Patriots in the 2005 playoffs.

This just in.......our sister station in Indianapolis is reporting thousands of people are pouring into the streets of Indianapolis to celebrate that the Colts wont have to play the Patriots in the 2005 playoffs.

Prosdo
01-14-2006, 11:50 PM
AP-(Pittsburgh)
Thousands of people are pouring into the streets of Pittsburgh to celebrate that the Steelers wont have to play the Patriots in the 2005 playoffs.

This just in.......our sister station in Indianapolis is reporting thousands of people are pouring into the streets of Indianapolis to celebrate that the Colts wont have to play the Patriots in the 2005 playoffs.

lmao :smile:

Prosdo
01-14-2006, 11:52 PM
Even though I was cheering against the Pats. I have to give them props. They had a lot of problems during the season but rebounded to make it to the playoffs.

tony hipchest
01-14-2006, 11:54 PM
the ben watson play was awesome. to chase down champ, running at an angle all across the field was awesome! definitely don beebe'esque

Prosdo
01-14-2006, 11:55 PM
I couldn't believe Watson actually got to him. That was nuts.

3 to be 4
01-14-2006, 11:57 PM
appreciate that.
Well now I can sit back and enjoy tomorrows game as its own thing, not in terms of how if affects the Patriots. Sure, it would've been a dream to play either the Steelers or Colts for the AFC title, but it'll still be interesting as a football fan. Its the only sport where its still great even when your team isnt playing.

I'd really love to see the Steelers expose the softie Colts as once again an overated team.
i think you have a real good chance. Just hope for a physical game.

Prosdo
01-14-2006, 11:59 PM
I'd really love to see the Steelers expose the softie Colts as once again an overated team.
i think you have a real good chance. Just hope for a physical game.

I'd love to see it as well. lol

Livinginthe past
01-15-2006, 03:27 AM
Im as upset as the next Pats fan about the loss to the Broncos.

I guess they did to us what we have been doing to teams for the last 4 years - making the plays when it counted - the Faulk fumble coupled with the unbelievable P.I call on Samuel definitely shifted the momentum.

Well props to the Broncos - I wish them all the best for the rest of their playoffs.

NM

LambertIsGod58
01-15-2006, 08:09 AM
How about Mr. Clutch, Adam Vinatieri, missing a FG? NE didn't look like NE last night.

SteelerzGirl
01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Well, that's what happens when you have a team who thinks they can play fancy smancy football against a team like the Broncos. I'm sure Belichick's ego has been deflated just a weeeeee bit...tehehe.

3 to be 4
01-15-2006, 09:41 AM
its not the fancy schmatntzy, its 4 stupid turnovers. cant do that against anybody and expect to win.
oh well. good luck today Steelers. puh-leeeeze beat Indy

tony hipchest
01-15-2006, 10:45 AM
2 things suprised me. pats abandonning the run game and brady on his back 3 times in the 1st quarter. if the seelers can get manning on his back like that he will gat happy feet too and try to throw while on the run = turnovers and points. i think the steelers can get that early pressure. if not it may be a long day and ben will have to prove he can win in shootout mode. im confident either way. ben thinks he can beat the colts with his arm, and wants to prove to the world that hes as good as a player like peyton.

BB2W
01-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Did you read Brady's lips at the end... he said John Lynch did not respect them. :rolleyes:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Turnovers kill you , and in playoff time, they're a death sentence.. plain and simple. NObody is good enough to overcome that amount of turnovers.

Suitanim
01-15-2006, 04:51 PM
the Faulk fumble coupled with the unbelievable P.I call on Samuel definitely shifted the momentum.

NM

I call bullshit. Don't blame the refs for a 15 point blowout, and don't try to pawn off this "We lost more than they won" pigsnot...it won't fly. You lost in the playoffs just where you should have, and that was when you played the 3rd best team in the NFL...