PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back To Earth, Patsies

CantStop85
01-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Your team is now officially mortal like the other 31 teams in the league. Very nice run...you made it a game further than I thought you would this postseason. Fumblitis at its worst.

I'll admit that the hit on Champ Bailey by Ben Watson was a great play...he never gave up on it and almost got the ball back to New England.

Koopa
01-15-2006, 12:32 AM
poor champ, i first i thought he was just being a dirty ho and trying to act like he's the shit and walk it in but damn watching the replay you can see him running out of energy, seem like he almost died trying to get there and then getting kill by watson probably made it worse

CantStop85
01-15-2006, 12:37 AM
poor champ, i first i thought he was just being a dirty ho and trying to act like he's the shit and walk it in but damn watching the replay you can see him running out of energy, seem like he almost died trying to get there and then getting kill by watson probably made it worse
Yeah, being a corner he's definitely not accustomed to running anywhere near that long in one play. Still, to not give up on that play and force the fumble like Ben Watson did...that's a lot of heart.

clevestinks
01-15-2006, 08:11 AM
I think the Pats proved to everyone, that if you turn the ball over more than the other team, you`ll probably lose. Steelers please hold onto the football today!

Got to give the Pats credit, as banged up as they have been. They come to play week in, and week out. Coach BB does not get out coached!

83-Steelers-43
01-15-2006, 08:15 AM
Getting tired and exhausted is one thing, but not tucking the ball and holding it like a loaf of bread is another thing. From the replay I saw, he let the ball down on his side and was basically palming the ball before getting into the endzone. Not smart. Didn't matter in the long run though.

Hats off to Denver and New England.

drizze99
01-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Yea, I definitely don't think Champ gave up on the play. Watson made one helluva play. The guy has a lot of fight in him and he showed it last night on that play.

SteelCityMan786
01-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Hope your crash landing was a fun one. Drop dead pats.

SalukiSteelers
01-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Finally!! Well, finally for a season, anyway. I guess not even the Pats and Brady can win EVERY game. Wish I could have watched it.

Suitanim
01-15-2006, 05:54 PM
**** the Pats...they were never the standard to be measured against this year. The Colts were, and we just beat the Colts collective asses in the RCA dome. Let's not spend too much time gloating, though, and let's focus on smoking the Bronco's!

3 to be 4
01-16-2006, 10:21 PM
so how come you lost to the Patriots during a stretch of time the Patriots sucked?

bet you're relieved to be going to Denver and not New England

Denver beating the Patriots is to the Steelers what Jacksonville beating Denver was for the Patriots in 1996. a lucky ticket to the SB.

Suitanim
01-17-2006, 09:05 AM
So this is what's it's come to, huh? Excuses and luck when we win, skill and manifest destiny when you win.

How sad.

3 to be 4
01-17-2006, 07:17 PM
So this is what's it's come to, huh? Excuses and luck when we win, skill and manifest destiny when you win.

How sad.

exactly when did i say that?
it wasnt lucky you beat the Colts. You kicked butt and deserved to win. But you ARE lucky to be going to Denver instead of Foxboro, the same way the '96 Patriots were lucky Jacksonville beat a Denver team the Patriots didnt match up well with.

i have no idea what the manifest destiny comment is about.

some teams match up well against others. the Patriots have trouble with Denver. the Steelers have trouble with the Patriots. The Steelers should handle Denver though because Ben gives them an edge i think. Just going by past performance, why is that wrong?

hardwork
01-17-2006, 07:24 PM
"luck when we win, skill ............ when you win."

That's right. Good get suit. (for you anyway)

Suitanim
01-17-2006, 07:27 PM
I always wanted the Steelers to face Pats/Bengals/Colts as their road to Detroit...full revenge, and in the playoffs. Blaming me is stupid, since it was YOUR coach who threw the Jags game to avoid the Steelers....you tell me why else a 3rd string QB played and Doug Flutie was kicking drop-kicks? If your coach is such a genius, and he wanted to avoid playing the Steelers, why are you fans so anxious to play us?

Since your team didn't measure up, the best my team can hope for is to complete the task your team wasn't capable of, and beat down the Bronco's.

Suitanim
01-17-2006, 07:36 PM
"luck when we win, skill ............ when you win."

That's right. Good get suit. (for you anyway)

I'm surprised you bothered to respond...you've never had ANYTHING in your arsenal other than the "fact" that you were better than me because the team you back beat mine. Nothing has changed, clearly...

I'll play along a little more...but this will quickly grow tedious.

tony hipchest
01-17-2006, 09:16 PM
exactly when did i say that?
it wasnt lucky you beat the Colts. You kicked butt and deserved to win. But you ARE lucky to be going to Denver instead of Foxboro, the same way the '96 Patriots were lucky Jacksonville beat a Denver team the Patriots didnt match up well with.

i have no idea what the manifest destiny comment is about.

some teams match up well against others. the Patriots have trouble with Denver. the Steelers have trouble with the Patriots. The Steelers should handle Denver though because Ben gives them an edge i think. Just going by past performance, why is that wrong?
steelers wouldve killed the patriots this year. just like the colts, or denver did. pats just didnt have the running, secondary, or protection for brady to make it very far in this years playoffs.

Suitanim
01-17-2006, 09:26 PM
steelers wouldve killed the patriots this year. just like the colts, or denver did. pats just didnt have the running, secondary, or protection for brady to make it very far in this years playoffs.

See, this is where the past and present come into conflict. WE always played the "what if games" and they won Super Bowls...before that (which doesn't count for the young kids) the Steelers just won Super Bowls, and the Patriots were league "fillers". Now the worm turns again and the Pats fans will have to find a way to come to grips with the fact that we advanced while they did not, and, the way they'll do that is by playing "what if?" games.

**** what if...they lost. We won. The winner advances and the loser goes home...

hardwork
01-17-2006, 10:04 PM
"I'm surprised you bothered to respond...you've never had ANYTHING in your arsenal other than the "fact" that you were better than me because the team you back beat mine. Nothing has changed, clearly..."

Suit, don't every coach, you're much to predictable.

3 to be 4
01-17-2006, 10:08 PM
i see what you mean, like that "what if Cowher had a decent QB all these years" stuff.

but hes got one this year. So now is the time. this is the year. Im looking forward to an entertaining Steeler-Panther SB. if the Patriots cant be there, thats the next best thing.

and thank you Steelers for once and for all putting a stamp on Peyton Mannings reputation as a full blown Grade A choke artist.

Livinginthe past
01-18-2006, 01:57 AM

Its a shame we dont have a regular season match up from this year to help us imagine what would have have happened.....even if it wasn't in Foxboro.....dont get too comfortable hiding behind mommy's skirt - the Pats will be back next year.

NM

Suitanim
01-18-2006, 12:22 PM
"Good get"?
"Don't every coach"?

I can't even understand what you're trying to say...

Oh, wait...this is pretty good. You haven't even figured out how to use the "Quote" feature...what a nitwit...

tony hipchest
01-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Its a shame we dont have a regular season match up from this year to help us imagine what would have have happened.....even if it wasn't in Foxboro.....dont get too comfortable hiding behind mommy's skirt - the Pats will be back next year.

NM
ah yes the old "what happened in the regular season woulda happenend in the playoffs" card. fact still remains....pats didnt have the protection for brady, the running game, or the secondary to win in the playoffs unless they were playing a team with a below top 10-15 qb. that was evident from the way the whole season unfolded. there were major injuries there in the secondary and i realize next season they will probably try to recapture that magic they had with law and harrison. during that time, as your team is aging, all the others are catching up and coming into their prime.

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-18-2006, 01:59 PM

NMYes you beat us by a field goal in the regular season. But as you and I both know there is a difference between regular season and post season. It's just too bad you couldn't beat Denver. I'm sure it would have been a great game in Foxboro, but alas we'll never know.

Suitanim
01-18-2006, 04:00 PM
Yes, we all know how accurate an indicator regular season games are when determining playoff games...why, just last year the Steelers dominated the Pats 34-20 in the regular season and then went on to...whoops! There goes that theory...

But who cares anyway? I don't give a rats ass about the eliminated teams, and am all about taking care of the last 2 obstacles in front of us...

Livinginthe past
01-18-2006, 08:23 PM
ah yes the old "what happened in the regular season woulda happenend in the playoffs" card. fact still remains....pats didnt have the protection for brady, the running game, or the secondary to win in the playoffs unless they were playing a team with a below top 10-15 qb. that was evident from the way the whole season unfolded. there were major injuries there in the secondary and i realize next season they will probably try to recapture that magic they had with law and harrison. during that time, as your team is aging, all the others are catching up and coming into their prime.

Hey Tony im the first to admit that regular season games dont always have a bearing on playoff games - especially when you are missing your No.1 RB.

However I still think its a better indicator than pulling spurious predictions out of your ass.

The Steelers would have 'killed' the Patriots in the playoffs this year would they Tony?

Im dying to hear what sort of mathematical model you used to come to this outrageous prediction.....let me guess.... it ignores every single Pats victory over the Steelers - of which the most dominating ones have been in the playoffs?

Cool.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Yes you beat us by a field goal in the regular season. But as you and I both know there is a difference between regular season and post season. It's just too bad you couldn't beat Denver. I'm sure it would have been a great game in Foxboro, but alas we'll never know.

Sure I know there is a difference.

Both teams have gelled - but the Pats team, when fully fit or close to it, matches up very well against the Steelers.

Of course Ben could have come out firing passes and ripped our secondary to pieces....who knows?!

I think it would have been another great game - like you say...a shame - maybe we'll get to play you again next year in the AFCCG when you are the defending champs!

NM

tony hipchest
01-18-2006, 08:33 PM
no math just smack. you have to admitt their post season crumble wasnt exactly what was expected. t. brown fumbles? brady makes a big ben, rookie in the afc champ game, type mistake? vinatieri misses a kick? just when i was about to hop on board and really think they were the real deal and something magical (after 4 years of non believing) they had a big game showing like i have been predicting for their last 9 playoff games. a loss.

nothing to take away from their accomplishments. im still impressed with a team that goes 10-1 in the regular season, let alone the post season. but i strongly believe any team like denver, steelers, colts, wouldve beaten the pats. if the panthers or seahawks were in the afc, them too. nothing wrong with admitting this wasnt your teams year.

tony hipchest
01-18-2006, 08:38 PM
it ignores every single Pats victory over the Steelers - of which the most dominating ones have been in the playoffs?

NM
who is living in the past? i might have to change my screen name to:

ignoresthe truth:sofunny:

Suitanim
01-18-2006, 09:17 PM

Well, he's certainly ignoring me. Then again, I'm not the classy winner he is...I haven't even crashed a Bengals and/or Colts board and subtly demeaned them for a few months on end because my team beat theirs in the playoffs yet...

But I digress...why are we even peripherally discussing the losers in this tournament?

Livinginthe past
01-19-2006, 12:06 AM

Well it had to happen - my nick (for the moment) describes me better than the Steeler faithful.

The Steelers are very much livinginthe moment

NM

hardwork
01-19-2006, 01:14 PM
"I can't even understand what you're trying to say..."

No surprise there.

Suitanim
01-19-2006, 04:08 PM
"I can't even understand what you're trying to say..."

No surprise there.

Try thinking REAL hard, then typing slowly, or, better yet, find someone literate and have them translate for you...

Stlrs4Life
01-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Patriots had a great run. Banged up or not, they made it pretty far. Not too many teams could do that. If not for the TOs, It's a different ball game vs Denver.

Livinginthe past
01-20-2006, 03:18 AM
Patriots had a great run. Banged up or not, they made it pretty far. Not too many teams could do that. If not for the TOs, It's a different ball game vs Denver.

Appreciate the props Stlrs4Life.

We gave it a good shot this year but came up short - hopefully we can do something with the DB division this year to keep them healthy past week4!

Good luck against Denver - im sure the Steelers have the measure of the Broncos!

NM

3 to be 4
01-21-2006, 10:00 AM
ditto for me