PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations fansince'76!

HometownGal
07-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Mucho congrats on the purchase of your new home!!! :applaudit::hatsoff::drink: I wish you many, many years of happiness, good times and great memories in your new abode! :hug: :hug: :hug:

http://www.sevenoaksart.co.uk/images/welnewhome.gif

fansince'76
07-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks very much, Marianne! :hug:

SteelCityMan786
07-17-2009, 10:56 PM
Congrats 76. Enjoy it.

PAMillerGrrl83
07-18-2009, 12:41 AM
Congrats!

X-Terminator
07-18-2009, 12:53 AM
Congratulations...and you suck! :flap:

Just kidding ya! Good luck and I hope you will be happy in your new home. Hopefully someday, I'll be in your shoes and will buy my own house. Until then, it's crappy apartment living for me!

Galax Steeler
07-18-2009, 07:07 AM
Congrats. and enjoy for years to come.

fansince'76
07-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Thanks, everyone! :drink:

Now comes the fun part - moving. :smile:

klick81
07-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Ugh...moving. Good luck with that!

But yeah...congrats on the new home. How cheap are homes in Denver?

fansince'76
07-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Ugh...moving. Good luck with that!

But yeah...congrats on the new home. How cheap are homes in Denver?

Thanks. I got mine for $175,000, which was an absolute steal for the location, condition it's in and the square footage (2,300 sq. ft.). The median home price in the Denver metro area as a whole is around $230,000 (and that includes ritzy areas like Cherry Hills where people like Pat Bowlen, Elway and Shanahan have their houses). From what HTG has told me, home prices are pretty expensive here in relation to Pittsburgh, but they're not so bad compared to places like New York or California. I'd say nationally speaking, we're about the middle of the road pricewise, from what I've seen and heard.

stillers4me
07-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Cograts on the new digs! We are looking at a few places, too. We downgraded a little too far a few years ago and are looking for a good deal in the current market.

Have you got that Steelers room planned yet? :thumbsup:

fansince'76
07-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Cograts on the new digs! We are looking at a few places, too. We downgraded a little too far a few years ago and are looking for a good deal in the current market.

Have you got that Steelers room planned yet? :thumbsup:

Thanks. It's definitely a buyer's market right now, so now's the time to be looking if you want to buy. The basement is fully finished, so that's going to be the new Steelers room. I have to start beefing up my memorabilia collection now. :thumbsup:

stillers4me
07-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks. It's definitely a buyer's market right now, so now's the time to be looking if you want to buy. The basement is fully finished, so that's going to be the new Steelers room. I have to start beefing up my memorabilia collection now. :thumbsup:

We've been doing that this winter in anticipation. I had our autographed James Harrison picture and picture of us with him framed and matted at Hobby Lobby. We also aquired an autographed Ryan Clark picture of the of McGahee hit framed and matted, too. (very cool!) We have 2 pencil sketch prints, one of Troy and one of Lambert that need done up. (they are very nice prints and reasonably priced at $19.99and if anyone wants the link to get one, PM me. He has one of the Santonio superbowl catch and he told me he's working on a Ben sketch to be released by the end of the year.)

Hubby is working on another autograph opportunity. If that one happens, I'll be posting a pic..........it will make you all green with envy! :chuckle:

Texasteel
07-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Congratulation partner. Is this your first house. Now comes the fun part, THE LAWN!

43Hitman
07-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Congrats man! Here's to many happy years in your new castle.

Are you the king of your castle?(Seinfeld reference)

devilsdancefloor
07-18-2009, 01:58 PM
congrads! welcome to lawn care, being a electrician, plumber and carpenter! :wink02::tt03:

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks. I got mine for $175,000, which was an absolute steal for the location, condition it's in and the square footage (2,300 sq. ft.). The median home price in the Denver metro area as a whole is around $230,000 (and that includes ritzy areas like Cherry Hills where people like Pat Bowlen, Elway and Shanahan have their houses). From what HTG has told me, home prices are pretty expensive here in relation to Pittsburgh, but they're not so bad compared to places like New York or California. I'd say nationally speaking, we're about the middle of the road pricewise, from what I've seen and heard.

Very cool brother!!!!!!

No more hotels when I'm in Denver!!!!! WhooooooHooooo!!!!! (You wont even know I'm there...I will be sending a pm with my food reguests and how much starch I like in my shorts)

fansince'76
07-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Congratulation partner. Is this your first house. Now comes the fun part, THE LAWN!

Yep, first house and it's got a BIG yard. Considering how dry Colorado is in general, I am thinking about xeriscaping (http://coloradowaterwise.org//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=145) the whole thing at some point, but that costs $$$$$, and I'm going to be light on that for a while due to all the expenses of moving. But I anticipate staying put for a LONG time, so there's time for that. And the previous owner was nice enough to leave a gas-powered lawn mower behind.

Congrats man! Here's to many happy years in your new castle.

Are you the king of your castle?(Seinfeld reference)

Yep, I'm "lord of the manor." :chuckle:

congrads! welcome to lawn care, being a electrician, plumber and carpenter! :wink02::tt03:

Actually, my father turned me on to this company that provides "home warrantys (http://www.ahswarranty.com/homeowners/homewarranty101/homewarranty101.html)." For a $600 premium per year, if anything, and I mean ANYTHING, needs repaired, they will send a qualified professional for the job to your home and perform the repair for a $55 service fee. My father got what would have been a $600-$700 repair job done on his garbage disposal for $55 that way. And I'll need it as I'm not handy. :thumbsup:

Very cool brother!!!!!!

No more hotels when I'm in Denver!!!!! WhooooooHooooo!!!!! (You wont even know I'm there...I will be sending a pm with my food reguests and how much starch I like in my shorts)

I'll have a tent pitched in the back yard for ya! :wink02: :chuckle:

Thanks, everyone! :drink:

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-18-2009, 05:27 PM
I'll have a tent pitched in the back yard for ya! :wink02: :chuckle:

Its all good...Camping in Colorado beats living in Illinois ANYDAY!!!:thumbsup: