PDA

View Full Version : Ben is being sued.........

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

HometownGal
07-26-2009, 07:21 PM
I'll just paste what I put in the other thread:

I doubt Ben will settle. It's odd how the article states that Ben may settle to avoid losing endorsements, and then they follow that up with an article full of reasons why it would be absolutely stupid for him to settle. He has so much going for him right now. There's NO physical evidence proving the alleged rape, and there's an absolute trove of circumstantial evidence pointing to the accuser being a liar with mental issues AND financial motives. Who cares if you lose some of the 2.5 million dollars in endorsements? If you're innocent then take the loses now, and throw it in their faces when you get exonerated. After all, there will always be more endorsements to be had once his name is cleared.

:applaudit::thumbsup::applaudit:

As I said earlier in this thread - I think it would be more important to Ben to clear his reputation and his good name than to pay off this dye-job nutbag bimbo.

fansince'76
07-26-2009, 07:44 PM
I'll just paste what I put in the other thread:

I doubt Ben will settle. It's odd how the article states that Ben may settle to avoid losing endorsements....

I don't get it either. I could halfway see it if he were a basketball player and was making 4-5 times his playing salary in endorsement money, but that's not the case. :hunch:

alittlejazzbird
07-26-2009, 07:47 PM
:applaudit::thumbsup::applaudit:

As I said earlier in this thread - I think it would be more important to Ben to clear his reputation and his good name than to pay off this dye-job nutbag bimbo.

No question, HTG! When the Harrah's defendants file their answer to the complaint, I think we're going to see a very different story of what really happened, and that's when things will start to get interesting.

Ben's attorney is surely coordinating with their counsel, and my hope is that, assuming the allegations are false (which I think they are), they'll soon have enough information about the true story that he won't even consider settling.

And then I think he should countersue HER for defamation, and really bring the hammer down.

steelreserve
07-27-2009, 02:41 AM
I really think the whole outcome of the case is going to boil down to whether Ben is willing to pick up Harrah's legal bills himself. If he agrees to pay all the lawyers himself, it goes to trial and he wins. If he just pays for his own lawyer, Harrah's settles the case because it would be more expensive to go to trial, and they don't really have a reputation to worry about. Ben gets left hanging with his reputation in the ditch.

So who knows. Bottom line is if he wants to defend his name, Ben has to pay for not one but two All-Star legal teams. That's daunting even if you make $12 million a year.

Again, it was a VERY shrewd move by the woman's lawyer to name the hotel as a defendant. Since we live in a sue-crazy society with an incredibly expensive legal system, it's a double whammy that puts huge pressure on the hotel to just settle the case and be done with it.

The_WARDen
07-27-2009, 06:47 AM
Folks - can we please keep all posting related to this subject contained to this thread? We don't want to clog the Steelers forum up with multiple threads relating to the allegations against Ben.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Yeah, cause someone might want to talk about.......well.....I know there's something else....hold on.....

j/k :chuckle:

HometownGal
07-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Yeah, cause someone might want to talk about.......well.....I know there's something else....hold on.....

j/k :chuckle:

You're crusin' for a bruisin' mister. :buttkick: :wink:

There's plenty of other topics in this forum that are (and should be) of interest to Steelers fans especially with the start of TC just a few days away and the first preseason game a few weeks off.

The_WARDen
07-27-2009, 09:42 AM

There's plenty of other topics in this forum that are (and should be) of interest to Steelers fans especially with the start of TC just a few days away and the first preseason game a few weeks off.

Oh yeah...training camp. Sorry, I'd forgotten.

:flap:

TackleMeBen
07-27-2009, 10:12 AM

yeah like having sep back at the punters position :wink02:

steelreserve
07-27-2009, 10:17 AM

ooh! ooh! I know! It's that Parker sucks, isn't it!

Back on topic: Parker sucks.

TackleMeBen
07-27-2009, 10:20 AM
no no its that arians sucks, and doesnt know how to call plays bc he is the worse OC in the NFL:rofl:

SteelCityMan786
07-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Let's hope the judge isn't a Cardinals fan.

or Seachickens fan.

Fire Haley
07-27-2009, 11:08 AM
It's all been said, everybody has had their say - unless something new comes out it's all over for this year. Time for football.

MACH1
07-27-2009, 11:51 AM
or Seachickens fan.

More than likely a niners fan.

I used to live in Carson City and it's a big time niner town.

Preacher
07-27-2009, 04:34 PM
No, it doesn't mean that any woman who claims rape and took too long to go to the police surrender their right to anonymity. And it has nothing to do with the fact that she's claiming rape against a celebrity. It's the fact that Civil Complaints are available for public viewing. She and her lawyers knew this going into it.

I'm not in any position to claim whether this really happened or not. Only two people in the world will EVER know if this happened or not. Her failure to file a criminal complaint made sure of that. The one thing I find disturbing, on many levels, is that she seems to be fine with what she claims to be a rapist walking free, as long as she gets a settlement out of it. I've just never heard of any woman filing JUST a civil complaint against her supposed rapist. It just doesn't sit well with me.

Another point (that may have been addressed already in this thread, I haven't read the whole thing) that she is already aware of, is that if Harrah's settles with her out of court (which is a good possibility), this whole thing goes away and Ben doesn't have to worry about an out of court settlement or a trial. If Harrah's settles out of court, no "evidence" that she had about the supposed conspiracy would be admissible in court and the "he said/she said" case would immediately be thrown out. Kind of bizarre if you really think about it.

Thank you.

For the UMPTEENTH time, I ACTUALLY think Ben is innocent here. He MAY HAVE acted like an idiot and put himself in a bad situation, IF he invited her up to his room... and they had sex.

The problem I am having here, is with people castigating her simply because Ben is a beloved QB for the Steelers. A LOT of stuff being said here is simply wrong...

again, for the umpteenth time, most rapes are NEVER REPORTED. The ones that are, are usually reported weeks or months after, only after a LOT of counseling happens. Many women who are raped end up with severe emotional, depressive issues. Some actually become profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilters and tramps because they now feel worthless.

So I am NOT arguing Ben's guilt. There are parts of the story that I don't find credible. It is the ignorance that is flowing thick on message boards that I am arguing with... Heck, on one board (not here thankfully) one person said that she probably got raped... AND DESERVED IT.

HometownGal
07-27-2009, 04:45 PM
The problem I am having here, is with people castigating her simply because Ben is a beloved QB for the Steelers. A LOT of stuff being said here is simply wrong...

Although I can only speak for myself here, I don't believe the vast majority of people's negative opinions of this woman are because the accused happens to be our beloved Steelers' QB. I think most people here think as I do that from all that we know thus far, this woman has proven herself to be a delusional liar in the past and her account of what happened reeks of horse :poop: for numerous reasons that have already been mentioned a gazillion (exag.) times. Of course none of us know this golddigging whack-job personally, but what we do know with a reasonable degree of certainty from having read about and witnessed Ben's character over the last 5+ years is that Ben Roethlisberger may like the ladies and having a little nookie here and there, but he is NOT a rapist.

Heck, on one board (not here thankfully) one person said that she probably got raped... AND DESERVED IT.

That is disgusting. No one deserves to be sexually violated against their will.

I can guarantee you that if Gary or I saw a post like that, it would be deleted without hesitation.

steelreserve
07-27-2009, 04:56 PM

Like HTG said, I'm not too sure the hostility is because these people are fans of the team Ben plays for; more like they don't believe the woman and think she's f***ed up for doing this. You're going to get some pretty emotionally charged reactions if you're talking about rape.

Be that as it may, yeah, I have seen more than a few things that crossed the line. That doesn't reflect well on the people who say them, but I guess you just have to chalk that up to the fact that there are always going to be a certain number of people who are not very good at knowing when to exercise some discretion.

pancake
07-27-2009, 05:24 PM
I really hope this doesn't become a distraction, because we have all the pieces to make another run...

TackleMeBen
07-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Heck, on one board (not here thankfully) one person said that she probably got raped... AND DESERVED IT.

that sounds like something my mom says. when she does, i just look at her and shake my head.

steelreserve
07-27-2009, 05:53 PM
So I am NOT arguing Ben's guilt. There are parts of the story that I don't find credible. It is the ignorance that is flowing thick on message boards that I am arguing with... Heck, on one board (not here thankfully) one person said that she probably got raped... AND DESERVED IT.

I bet it was Parker who said that.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Preacher
07-27-2009, 05:55 PM
I bet it was Parker who said that.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

:buttkick:

:chuckle:

mesaSteeler
07-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Roethlisberger case latest in murky waters of sex-assault accusations
July 27, 2009
By Mike Freeman
CBSSports.com National Columnist
http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/11990955

After reading the entire lawsuit against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, which contains specific and ugly accusations, the words of another high-profile athlete quickly came to mind: NBA player Grant Hill.

Not too long ago Hill was once asked about the sexual assault allegations against Kobe Bryant stemming from a 2003 incident in an Eagle, Colo., hotel room and if they were making NBA players more cautious. Hill was hesitant, understandably, to discuss specifics of what did or didn't happen with Bryant, but he did talk about some unusual (but wise) precautions he takes when traveling and staying in a hotel.

Unfortunately for Ben Roethlisberger, even a false accusation can be damaging. (AP)
Unfortunately for Ben Roethlisberger, even a false accusation can be damaging. (AP)
If Hill orders room service and the person who brings the food to his room is a woman, Hill will often ask her to stay in the hallway while he takes the tray inside. Or, if Hill isn't alone, the woman will be allowed to enter the room.

Translation: The chances of false accusations against Hill when he's in his hotel room are next to impossible because Hill often ensures there are multiple witnesses.

Hill's actions should be standard operating procedure for every star athlete, and in fact I'm told several high-profile NBA players do some variation of this when they travel. Some don't even answer their hotel room doors; they have others do it.

This brings us to Roethlisberger. The country once again is intently discussing what did or didn't happen inside the hotel room of a famous athlete.

In fact, when you look at recent history, hotel rooms, athletes and women sometimes make a horrible mix, and the more you look at previous cases, the smarter the already brilliant Hill looks.

The Roethlisberger lawsuit is eerily similar to Bryant's case and some others. Understandably, the skyscraper-sized difference is there's no police investigation, but the general parameters of the two nasty cases are the same.

A woman comes to the hotel room, the woman and the athlete are the only two people in the room, something happens, or nothing happens, and the versions of what occurred are dramatically different.

And there's not a single witness to prove which person is telling the truth.

In the end, Bryant proclaimed his innocence, the sexual-assault charges were dropped, and Bryant settled the civil suit.

Unfortunately, what's alleged to have occurred involving Bryant and Roethlisberger are in no way unique.

USA Today compiled a list of athletes accused of sexual assault. It's staggeringly long and, well, damn frightening. Some of the list involves athletes and their encounters in hotel and motel rooms.

Former Kansas City Chiefs player Tim Barnett in 1994 was accused of grabbing a 14-year-old hotel maid, pulling her onto his bed and running his hands over her body. NFL player Cornelius Bennett in 1997 was accused of assaulting a woman in a Buffalo hotel room. Bennett pled guilty to a charge of sex abuse. Three SMU football players were accused of raping a 16-year-old girl in a Denton, Texas, motel in 1994. A former Cincinnati Reds player was accused of sexual battery in a motel room. There are many other examples.

Let's be clear: Sexual assault can happen anywhere. So can false accusations.

What's also true is there's little doubt some athletes feel a sense of engorged entitlement and these kinds of situations -- no witnesses, two people alone, in a secure hotel room, behind closed doors -- provide a perfect alibi for any athlete wrongdoers or fake accusers.

Deborah Rhode, a professor at Stanford Law School who specializes in sex and the law, said the accuser in the Roethlisberger case is not an appealing complainant because of the lack of witnesses and evidence.

"That said, it may well have happened," Rhode told the Associated Press. "There are certainly more than enough examples of factual settings like this where celebrity athletes feel entitled. But that is not going to win a case."

While the settling of the Bryant case makes it easier for these kinds of lawsuits to succeed, the Duke lacrosse fiasco makes them just as difficult. There's more skepticism now, it seems, among the general public about this kind of litigation, but people also know there's plenty of precedent for athletes behaving arrogantly and criminally.

Who's telling the truth? We don't know. We might never know what happened -- once again -- between a high-profile athlete and a woman accuser inside a hotel room.

Preacher
07-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Although I can only speak for myself here, I don't believe the vast majority of people's negative opinions of this woman are because the accused happens to be our beloved Steelers' QB. I think most people here think as I do that from all that we know thus far, this woman has proven herself to be a delusional liar in the past and her account of what happened reeks of horse :poop: for numerous reasons that have already been mentioned a gazillion (exag.) times. Of course none of us know this golddigging whack-job personally, but what we do know with a reasonable degree of certainty from having read about and witnessed Ben's character over the last 5+ years is that Ben Roethlisberger may like the ladies and having a little nookie here and there, but he is NOT a rapist.

But the thing is HTG... it isn't that cut and dried. You would be quite amazed at some of the stories I hear as a pastor. Fact of the matter is, most rapists are NOT serial rapists. It happens once or twice. They get too carried away, and don't stop. Then realized later they pushed to far. It is usually those who for some reason think that most woman want to have sex with them, or at least, THAT woman wants to have sex with them (thus, date rape and rape within the marital relationship).

Furthermore, there is NO evidence so far that she was a "nutjob" before this incident occurred. The "online dating" thing was during-after this time supposedly. That is also very normal in rape victims. Such changes are actually one thing I watch for in younger female members of my church. If I see it, I ask my wife or someone to come with me and we actually talk to the lady.

As to what I actually think happened... I don't know. I do think SOMETHING really happened to her. I just don't think it was Ben that did it.

That is disgusting. No one deserves to be sexually violated against their will.

I can guarantee you that if Gary or I saw a post like that, it would be deleted without hesitation.
absolutely. but in my book, saying she is "too ugly to be raped" is almost as disgusting, and many on this site have basically said that.

Furthermore, making fun of her physical appearance, making fun of her psychological makeup, etc. etc. teaches young women who read this board and others, who read things disparaging her one thing.... If you are raped by someone who is beloved, either locally, or nationally-- Shut up or you too will be attacked multiple times in ways you never imagined. Whether this woman did it or not... the brutal things being said about her are teaching some horrible things to other young women, and nobody gives a damn right now, because it is our Ben that is being accused.

Be that as it may, yeah, I have seen more than a few things that crossed the line. That doesn't reflect well on the people who say them, but I guess you just have to chalk that up to the fact that there are always going to be a certain number of people who are not very good at knowing when to exercise some discretion.

Very well said.

OneForTheToe
07-28-2009, 01:03 AM
Roethlisberger case latest in murky waters of sex-assault accusations
July 27, 2009
By Mike Freeman
CBSSports.com National Columnist
http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/11990955

The Roethlisberger awsuit is eerily similar to Bryant's case and some others. Understandably, the skyscraper-sized difference is there's no police investigation, but the general parameters of the two nasty cases are the same.

That paragraph is so contradictory I'm surprised it didn't cause author's head to explode. So Roethlisberger's case is the same, not the same and the same all at once?:doh:

OneForTheToe
07-28-2009, 01:20 AM
But the thing is HTG... it isn't that cut and dried. You would be quite amazed at some of the stories I hear as a pastor. Fact of the matter is, most rapists are NOT serial rapists. It happens once or twice. They get too carried away, and don't stop. Then realized later they pushed to far. It is usually those who for some reason think that most woman want to have sex with them, or at least, THAT woman wants to have sex with them (thus, date rape and rape within the marital relationship).

I do agree with that. I think when most people think of rape they think of a serial rapist as opposed to the nice guy who lives next door, who when his neighbors are interviewed, after the accusations surface, said neighbor's always say things like "he was a good neighbor, quite and the kids all loved him." Rapists, like molesters and all kinds of other miscreants don't wear signs announcing such. Still, that in and of itself does not add credibility to the claims against Ben. I still believe the holes in her story will lead to the defeat of her case.

MasterOfPuppets
07-28-2009, 01:46 AM
i'd make them sign release forms before entering my room stating it is consensual. :popcorn:

Preacher
07-28-2009, 02:03 AM
I do agree with that. I think when most people think of rape they think of a serial rapist as opposed to the nice guy who lives next door, who when his neighbors are interviewed, after the accusations surface, said neighbor's always say things like "he was a good neighbor, quite and the kids all loved him." Rapists, like molesters and all kinds of other miscreants don't wear signs announcing such. Still, that in and of itself does not add credibility to the claims against Ben. I still believe the holes in her story will lead to the defeat of her case.

And as I have said before, I agree. I DO think (again as I have said before) that something did happen to her, what I don't know. BUt I don't think Ben had anything to do with it. I do think a lot of this is projected onto Ben.

In other words, I don't think she is a money grub.. I believe her... that she BELIEVES this happened. I just don't think it really did (is that convoluted enough for ya? :chuckle: with those sentences, I could write the small print on contracts!!)

stillers4me
07-28-2009, 05:20 AM
I think she has all these medical bills from the episode with the married man and his wife (why go to 5 different hospitals?) and realized that she can't ever begin to pay them. Since she was in the room alone with Ben, she cooked up this story that makes no sense at all to get her big pay day. She may have had contact with other celebrities over tyhe the last year, but Ben's pocket happens to be the deepest. She's obviously been cooking this scheme for a while, and her coworkers aren't buying it.

HometownGal
07-28-2009, 07:18 AM

Furthermore, there is NO evidence so far that she was a "nutjob" before this incident occurred. The "online dating" thing was during-after this time supposedly. That is also very normal in rape victims. Such changes are actually one thing I watch for in younger female members of my church. If I see it, I ask my wife or someone to come with me and we actually talk to the lady.

As to what I actually think happened... I don't know. I do think SOMETHING really happened to her. I just don't think it was Ben that did it.

I understand what you are saying about rapists in general but I think you're stretching a bit here. Again - I stand by my opinion that Ben Roethlisberger is a man of good character and would never stoop this low by sexually assaulting not only McNutty, but ANY woman. In addition - why would he risk everything that he has worked so hard to achieve for a forced romp in the hay when he can have basically any woman he wants? It just doesn't add up.

Whether she was a bonafide loon before, during or after the incident - the fact remains that she is still a NUT JOB. :screwy: What mentally competent person invents an engagement to a person who never existed? :doh: What mentally competent woman who was "violated" is going to adhere to her employer's request and keep the violation of her body hush hush? A mentally competent person would want her violator to immediately be apprehended and punished to the fullest extent of the law no matter who he was, imho.

absolutely. but in my book, saying she is "too ugly to be raped" is almost as disgusting, and many on this site have basically said that.

We'll have to agree to disagree here, Father. God Bless the internet - there are hundreds of stories out there along these same lines (but not all involving a celebrity) where women have consensual sexual relations with a guy and decide they want to cash in, so they cry rape. I had a former friend many moons ago who wanted to do the same thing to a guy she had consensual sex with who was the son of a VP of the former Mellon Bank here in Pittsburgh. In this case, it isn't too difficult to pick up the stench and people are angry that this woman is playing this sick game in an attempt to defame and ruin a man who has done so much good for others in his short NFL career. Saying that she "deserved to be raped" vis-a-vis "too ugly to be raped" is comparing apples and oranges imho.

Furthermore, making fun of her physical appearance, making fun of her psychological makeup, etc. etc. teaches young women who read this board and others, who read things disparaging her one thing.... If you are raped by someone who is beloved, either locally, or nationally-- Shut up or you too will be attacked multiple times in ways you never imagined. Whether this woman did it or not... the brutal things being said about her are teaching some horrible things to other young women, and nobody gives a damn right now, because it is our Ben that is being accused.

Again - I think you are trying too hard to play the bleeding heart here and are stretching the comments made on this board relative to the incident way out of proportion. This is an internet BB, not Sunday school. Sorry.

Once again - I don't believe most people here are defending Ben Roethlisberger out of loyalty to him as our Steelers QB. The :poop: in this woman's story can be smelled from sea to shining sea and people are angry that someone would stoop this low in order to garner a big payday.

If this case turns and Ben is convicted in a Court of law of rape (which obviously isn't going to happen), I will gladly apologize for my comments regarding Ms. McNutty. If she wins her civil suit against Ben (which again is very unlikely), I can only hope that she uses those funds for a rhinoplasty and some braces. :chuckle: Forgive me Father - I couldn't resist. :flap:

steelreserve
07-28-2009, 11:30 AM
That paragraph is so contradictory I'm surprised it didn't cause author's head to explode. So Roethlisberger's case is the same, not the same and the same all at once?:doh:

They're the same in that there was no evidence in either case. They're different because the case against Ben is even less convincing. That's all I think he means.

steelballs
07-28-2009, 11:48 AM
I doubt that Ben would put himself in this situation first of all. The fact that the alledged "rapee" never filed a criminal complaint raises the validity of her claim as well.

Ben will certainly have to address these accusations and the last thing he can afford to do is pay off this wench as he would be admitting guilt in my book. Ben needs to lay low and let his lawyers deal with this and concentrate on football.

Last but not least....what is this figure of $420,000 about? Where in the hell did they come up with that figure.

steelreserve
07-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Last but not least....what is this figure of $420,000 about? Where in the hell did they come up with that figure.

She's claiming $380,000 in medical bills, plus a few individual crimes that she should get "at least" $10,000 apiece for (meaning they'll leave the final amount up to the jury, but it's potentially limitless).

In reality, knowing how hospitals work, she probably has $20,000 in actual medical expenses and $360,000 is just the hospital arbitrarily jacking up the price, so they'll just write that off if nobody pays, and it won't affect them a bit.

SteelCityMom
07-28-2009, 02:27 PM
i'd make them sign release forms before entering my room stating it is consensual. :popcorn:

Yeah, all athletes, actors and pretty much anyone in the general public should use one of these...

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/chappelles-show-chappelles-show-chappelles-show-love-contract/2859404030

SteelCityMom
07-28-2009, 02:30 PM
She's claiming $380,000 in medical bills, plus a few individual crimes that she should get "at least" $10,000 apiece for (meaning they'll leave the final amount up to the jury, but it's potentially limitless).

In reality, knowing how hospitals work, she probably has $20,000 in actual medical expenses and $360,000 is just the hospital arbitrarily jacking up the price, so they'll just write that off if nobody pays, and it won't affect them a bit.

Yeah, and on top of all that, she's suing for an undisclosed amount in punitive damages from all parties...this could be 6 or 7 figures as well.

TackleMeBen
07-28-2009, 02:40 PM
i found this on another board and wanted to see what you guys thought of it.

also i find it odd that she works at a CASINO and wants MONEY from BEN. not jail time.

Victims want resolve, liars want money!

Preacher
07-28-2009, 04:50 PM
I understand what you are saying about rapists in general but I think you're stretching a bit here. Again - I stand by my opinion that Ben Roethlisberger is a man of good character and would never stoop this low by sexually assaulting not only McNutty, but ANY woman. In addition - why would he risk everything that he has worked so hard to achieve for a forced romp in the hay when he can have basically any woman he wants? It just doesn't add up.

Which I agree with you. I never said I believe Ben did it. It may have been consensual, but there are two many holes in the story for me to believe it was forced rape. But that has never been my point.

Whether she was a bonafide loon before, during or after the incident - the fact remains that she is still a NUT JOB. :screwy: What mentally competent person invents an engagement to a person who never existed? :doh: What mentally competent woman who was "violated" is going to adhere to her employer's request and keep the violation of her body hush hush? A mentally competent person would want her violator to immediately be apprehended and punished to the fullest extent of the law no matter who he was, imho. The stats on rape and rape victims simply do not bear that out. Just the opposite, most rape victims keep silent and blame themselves. It is the primary reason why rapists are so hard to prosecute. Here is a VERY telling stat sheet on rape, with sources written right into the stats (http://www.paralumun.com/issuesrapestats.htm)

We'll have to agree to disagree here, Father. God Bless the internet - there are hundreds of stories out there along these same lines (but not all involving a celebrity) where women have consensual sexual relations with a guy and decide they want to cash in, so they cry rape. I had a former friend many moons ago who wanted to do the same thing to a guy she had consensual sex with who was the son of a VP of the former Mellon Bank here in Pittsburgh. In this case, it isn't too difficult to pick up the stench and people are angry that this woman is playing this sick game in an attempt to defame and ruin a man who has done so much good for others in his short NFL career. Saying that she "deserved to be raped" vis-a-vis "too ugly to be raped" is comparing apples and oranges imho.
I understand what you are saying here. Notice I have not said that she isn't lying. I have said, let's wait until AFTER the facts come out before we castigate her. It is the SAME thing that many people said when the dentist in Pittsburgh was accused sexually abusing women under the influence of gas in his office. Why should the women in that case, and the dentist get the benefit of waiting until facts come out, but here, this woman doesn't?

Again - I think you are trying too hard to play the bleeding heart here and are stretching the comments made on this board relative to the incident way out of proportion. This is an internet BB, not Sunday school. Sorry. This has notihing to do with being a Sunday School, and has everythign to do with the fact that real woman and real underage girls read the comments on this board. Am I stretching it? No. Because one of the basic fears of a woman who IS raped, especially by someone who is liked is, "Who will believe me?" Most of what is said here simply reinforces that belief.

Once again - I don't believe most people here are defending Ben Roethlisberger out of loyalty to him as our Steelers QB. The :poop: in this woman's story can be smelled from sea to shining sea and people are angry that someone would stoop this low in order to garner a big payday. and again, isn't that jumping to conclusions considering facts not yet in evidence? Just like the Kobe Bryant issue, Just like the Jerome issue, Just like the Dentist accused of rape, shouldn't we wait until the case works itself out, before we castigate EITHER ONE OF THEM? No, this isn't Sunday school, but it shouldn't be a kangaroo court either.

BlastFurnace
07-28-2009, 05:10 PM
....it will sure be interesting to see how Ben gels with new receiving corps from WR's 3 through 5.

steelreserve
07-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Not to be a dick, but...

So any woman who claims rape... If it took them too long to go to the police (which 95+ percent of rapes are NOT reported), surrender their right anonymity... IF they claim rape against a celebrity.

Its no wonder rape is never reported. Who would EVER want to go through this?

Here is a VERY telling stat sheet on rape, with sources written right into the stats (http://www.paralumun.com/issuesrapestats.htm)

The FBI estimates that only 37% of all rapes are reported to the police. U.S. Justice Department statistics are even lower, with only 26% of all rapes or attempted rapes being reported to law enforcement officials.

In 1994-1995, only 251,560 rapes and sexual assaults were reported to law enforcement officials -- less than one in every three. (National Crime Victimization Survey, Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Department of Justice, 1996.)

So I'm afraid I'm going to have to bust you on the 95% number. Don't get me wrong -- that's still a lot that go unreported, and for the same reason you mentioned, but I've got to point out that 95% is probably a number made up for shock value by some women's group, and the real number, while certainly troubling, is about six times less severe.

It also begs the question, does the fact that you're being asked this question on a survey lower the threshold of the crime in some people's minds? If you're well aware that there's going to be no concrete outcome (e.g. a police investigation or court trial), you might be more inclined to say, "Yeah, I regret sleeping with that guy, so I'll put yes" or "Well, I had a few drinks so it was kind of borderline, but nobody's asking me to prove it, so I'll put yes." Or even the occasional "I was actually never raped, but the issue needs more attention, so I'll put yes."

Again, I'm not doubting that there's a problem, but I'm willing to bet that when it's a voluntary survey, a lot of things make it in that probably wouldn't fly in a courtroom.

Stlrs4Life
07-28-2009, 05:25 PM
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/07/24/body-language-expert-thinks-ben-roethlisberger-is-telling-the-tr/

Preacher
07-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Not to be a dick, but...

So I'm afraid I'm going to have to bust you on the 95% number. Don't get me wrong -- that's still a lot that go unreported, and for the same reason you mentioned, but I've got to point out that 95% is probably a number made up for shock value by some women's group, and the real number, while certainly troubling, is about six times less severe.

It also begs the question, does the fact that you're being asked this question on a survey lower the threshold of the crime in some people's minds? If you're well aware that there's going to be no concrete outcome (e.g. a police investigation or court trial), you might be more inclined to say, "Yeah, I regret sleeping with that guy, so I'll put yes" or "Well, I had a few drinks so it was kind of borderline, but nobody's asking me to prove it, so I'll put yes." Or even the occasional "I was actually never raped, but the issue needs more attention, so I'll put yes."

Again, I'm not doubting that there's a problem, but I'm willing to bet that when it's a voluntary survey, a lot of things make it in that probably wouldn't fly in a courtroom.

SR....

No, you are absolutely correct. I noticed the discrepancy myself, and that actualy, is part of the reason why I posted it, so that real facts can be understood here.

I think the sample size assures a decent result, and the underlying fact remains, the majority of rapes are not reported, thus, the line "but she didn't report it" is really irrelevant.

That is all I am getting at.

And again, I understand exactly what you are saying, and you are absolutely right. In a situation and discussion like this, true facts are always the best.

tony hipchest
07-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Breaking News-

A giant chunk of Swiss cheese has just filed a civil suit against Ben Roethlisberger for molestation. $480,000 worth of damages are being sought in addition to a slice of ham and a glass of whine.

Unfortunately in this suit, the evidence is much more damning, as a photograph of the incident has been produced by the hunk of cheese's lawyers.

http://espn.go.com/i/editorial/2006/0518/photo/ben_roethlisberger_cheese2_275.jpg

mesaSteeler
07-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Breaking News-

A giant chunk of Swiss cheese has just filed a civil suit against Ben Roethlisberger for molestation. $480,000 worth of damages are being sought in addition to a slice of ham and a glass of whine.

Unfortunately in this suit, the evidence is much more damning, as a photograph of the incident has been produced by the hunk of cheese's lawyers.

http://espn.go.com/i/editorial/2006/0518/photo/ben_roethlisberger_cheese2_275.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rof l:

Indo
07-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Breaking News-

I don't know, I think the so called "evidence" provided by the plaintiff's attorney is full of holes...

BTW, nice vernacular

stlrtruck
07-29-2009, 08:41 AM
Breaking News-

I am SO GLAD I wasn't drinking anything when I read this!! :applaudit: :applaudit: :rofl: :rofl: :toofunny: :toofunny:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
07-29-2009, 09:47 AM
The News coverage on this is just not there is it?

7SteelGal43
07-29-2009, 10:03 AM
Breaking News-

I suspect photoshop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :chuckle:

steelreserve
07-29-2009, 10:23 AM
I think the sample size assures a decent result, and the underlying fact remains, the majority of rapes are not reported, thus, the line "but she didn't report it" is really irrelevant.

That is all I am getting at.

Right, I'm not doubting your assertion either that a lot (probably most) go unreported for various reasons.

As it relates to this case, though, it does seem relevant to me that she never took it up with the police, because she did file a civil suit. That means all the typical reasons for not coming forward -- being traumatized, fear of a public shaming, fear of not having enough evidence to win, you name it -- go out the window because she's going to deal with the exact same things. Am I supposed to believe she's fine with that as long as we're talking money, but for some reason she's not when we're talking about justice?

Where IS the police investigation now if she's serious about it? It's been a couple weeks since she filed her lawsuit, and she hasn't even gone through the motions of getting the authorities involved. Even though it wouldn't cost her anything besides a phone call. That smells rotten to me.

TackleMeBen
07-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Breaking News-

tony it only took you 801 post to pull this out... you are getting slack my friend...
leave it to you to make something serious, so darn funny:rofl:

HometownGal
07-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Which I agree with you. I never said I believe Ben did it. It may have been consensual, but there are two many holes in the story for me to believe it was forced rape. But that has never been my point.
The stats on rape and rape victims simply do not bear that out. Just the opposite, most rape victims keep silent and blame themselves. It is the primary reason why rapists are so hard to prosecute. Here is a VERY telling stat sheet on rape, with sources written right into the stats (http://www.paralumun.com/issuesrapestats.htm)

I understand what you are saying here. Notice I have not said that she isn't lying. I have said, let's wait until AFTER the facts come out before we castigate her. It is the SAME thing that many people said when the dentist in Pittsburgh was accused sexually abusing women under the influence of gas in his office. Why should the women in that case, and the dentist get the benefit of waiting until facts come out, but here, this woman doesn't?
This has notihing to do with being a Sunday School, and has everythign to do with the fact that real woman and real underage girls read the comments on this board. Am I stretching it? No. Because one of the basic fears of a woman who IS raped, especially by someone who is liked is, "Who will believe me?" Most of what is said here simply reinforces that belief.

and again, isn't that jumping to conclusions considering facts not yet in evidence? Just like the Kobe Bryant issue, Just like the Jerome issue, Just like the Dentist accused of rape, shouldn't we wait until the case works itself out, before we castigate EITHER ONE OF THEM? No, this isn't Sunday school, but it shouldn't be a kangaroo court either.

Sorry, Father, but from the majority of your comments, I believe you are overdramatizing the opinions rendered in this thread, which are in opposition to the position you have taken on this matter. Yes - I AM jumping to a conclusion in this case because the core of my gut and soul tell me that Ben Roethlisberger is the one being victimized here by a loony golddigger and my gut just doesn't lie to me. We aren't going to agree on this subject and it's probably best to leave it at that. :drink:

TackleMeBen
07-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Where IS the police investigation now if she's serious about it? It's been a couple weeks since she filed her lawsuit, and she hasn't even gone through the motions of getting the authorities involved. Even though it wouldn't cost her anything besides a phone call. That smells rotten to me.
what is the police really going to be able to investigate? i mean there is no crime scene anymore b/c anything in the room has been cleaned or tampered with. and i am sure the d.a. doesnt want to waste the good people's tax money on investigating a crime that happen a year ago, with no evidence and appartantly no witness???.. i am sure the police have other things to do now.

so it does look really bad for the other party(i am going to respect preacher and not call her names...nutjob..lol) for not going to the police right away.

Preacher
07-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Right, I'm not doubting your assertion either that a lot (probably most) go unreported for various reasons.

As it relates to this case, though, it does seem relevant to me that she never took it up with the police, because she did file a civil suit. That means all the typical reasons for not coming forward -- being traumatized, fear of a public shaming, fear of not having enough evidence to win, you name it -- go out the window because she's going to deal with the exact same things. Am I supposed to believe she's fine with that as long as we're talking money, but for some reason she's not when we're talking about justice?

The problem there is burden of proof, and there is simply no way without physical evidence that you can prove rape, which is why, whether it happened or not, she doesn't go to the authorities now. Her lawyer probably told her not to for the same reasons.

The biggest reason I don't believe this happened, is because 1. The randomness of the event. She is making seem like it was all planned out, but a call to fix a TV that isn't broken is random, and what was Ben going to do? Rape a man if he came? Second, if Ben did have rape on his mind, why rape a hotel employee where he could be more easily caught? The other woman that came in with him and then left would have been a simpler target. Third, "I am not on the pill" and "I will pull out" are conversations usually surrounding consensual sex. The trip to the bathroom after, to me suggests that they probably had consensual sex, she used the restroom afterwards, and now, is trying to remain as close to the truth to make it the most credible.

Dino 6 Rings
07-29-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm still waiting for the Cardinals to file rape charges against Holmes for the way he violated their secondary on that last drive in the Super Bowl.

Galax Steeler
07-29-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm still waiting for the Cardinals to file rape charges against Holmes for the way he violated their secondary on that last drive in the Super Bowl.

That is beyond being violated.:toofunny:

TackleMeBen
07-29-2009, 03:19 PM
that is good. why we are at it.. what about harrison, shouldnt they file charges against him, he ran all over the offense with warner's ball... i mean throw.

Dino 6 Rings
07-29-2009, 03:35 PM
that is good. why we are at it.. what about harrison, shouldnt they file charges against him, he ran all over the offense with warner's ball... i mean throw.

Actually, Harrison should sue the Referees for allowing other team's Olinemen to molest him week after week without being flagged for it.

steelreserve
07-29-2009, 03:35 PM
The problem there is burden of proof, and there is simply no way without physical evidence that you can prove rape, which is why, whether it happened or not, she doesn't go to the authorities now. Her lawyer probably told her not to for the same reasons.

You're exactly right about that ... I just still think it's pretty preposterous for her to be able to hide behind the excuse of "I didn't report it because I was scared of _____" when her civil suit now indicates that she's actually not scared of _____.

It also indicates to me that if they did have sex, it was OK at the time but only much, much later that she talked herself into believing it was wrong. Or that some other event in her life that happened later on (maybe related to employment, financial problems, other romantic relationships, drugs or alcohol, who knows) convinced her she'd benefit from doing this.

If we suddenly started convicting people based on either of those things, it would be pretty dangerous, to say the least.

AllD
07-29-2009, 07:15 PM
She is rewriting reality and convinced herself it was something other than it was. She is a lunatic.

steelballs
07-30-2009, 06:04 AM

Thanks for the clarification...the random amount was just strange, usually the "want something for nothing" crowd rounds everything off to the nearest million.

stlrtruck
07-30-2009, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the clarification...the random amount was just strange, usually the "want something for nothing" crowd rounds everything off to the nearest million.

Maybe that's her lawyer kept it in a lowball area (in comparison to Ben's salary) so that she wouldn't seem like a nutjob (at least until her mental capacity and such leaked into the media).

TackleMeBen
07-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Actually, Harrison should sue the Referees for allowing other team's Olinemen to molest him week after week without being flagged for it.
so true dino, so true.:chuckle:

klick81
07-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Is this over yet?

steelreserve
07-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Maybe that's her lawyer kept it in a lowball area (in comparison to Ben's salary) so that she wouldn't seem like a nutjob (at least until her mental capacity and such leaked into the media).

Or he kept it in that area because it's the "sweet spot" where paying her off with a settlement is comparable to or less than the legal bills he'd face if he went to trial. If he refuses to settle the case, the hotel probably will, just because it'll be cheaper for them to do so and they have no reputation to defend.

Fire Haley
07-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Is this over yet?

It's just beginning.

The Ratnest is already talking about "Ben the Rapist" chants....and more.

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=208658

7SteelGal43
07-30-2009, 03:53 PM
It's just beginning.

I checked out the site. what a bunch of douchenozzles....did you happen to notice the Ravens fan posting under the name "baltimoreron" ? classic.

steelax04
07-30-2009, 04:05 PM
It's just beginning.

I think the poster of Ben see your the rapist idea was going after that SNL skit of Jeopardy, where Sean Connery said The Rapist instead of Therapist... And with the "see your" stuck in there, it makes a little more sense, and was clever, imho.

But as the thread continued, they lost the clever humor of that post and dove right into the pond scum of 'rapist' chants.

Only about 2 clever ones up there in Baltimoron land.

Dino 6 Rings
07-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Its no big deal, whatever they chant, our 10,000 fans at THEIR Stadium will be chanting back at them "Scoreboard" and of course, none of them would ever open their mouths in our house.

HometownGal
07-30-2009, 04:18 PM
I checked out the site. what a bunch of douchenozzles....did you happen to notice the Ravens fan posting under the name "baltimoreron" ? classic.

The SN is very fitting to this chucklehead - why he's just a genius with this slogan:

baltimoreron
Member Join Date: Sep 2000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about this sign:

BEN
see
your
THE RAPIST

WOW! Must have taken him weeks to think that one up. :jerkit: :toofunny:

How about

RAY
see
your
THE MURDERER (who got away with it)

:laughing::toofunny::laughing:

steelax04
07-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Link to help clarify the joke in reference... 12 seconds in.

http://www.bebo.com/c/video?FlashBoxId=3962104155

steelergyrl
07-31-2009, 08:34 PM
This skank is flat nuts. Turns out, she also was under psychiatric care for an affair with a slain war hero...that never existed!!!! She was posting on a blog and telling everyone how in love they were, then that he died in combat..yaddah, yaddah, yaddah.....Talk about wacked!!

KeiselPower99
08-05-2009, 12:09 PM
The woman accusing Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger of rape claims she has received more than 100 threatening and harassing phone calls, according to a sheriff's office in Nevada.

The 31-year-old woman from Douglas County, Nev., reported the incidents to authorities on Thursday. Different callers, almost exclusively men, have left messages at her home harassing her and threatening that "If you don't drop this, something's going to happen," she claimed.

"You can imagine, it's pretty unsettling for a woman to receive those kinds of calls," said Calvin R.X. Dunlap, the woman's attorney. The Tribune-Review does not identify alleged victims of sexual assault.

Roethlisberger has denied charges from her civil lawsuit that he assaulted the woman at Harrah's Lake Tahoe Hotel and Casino, where she worked as a VIP concierge.

His lawyer, David Cornwell of Atlanta, did not respond to a request for comment Tuesday.

The calls started July 21, a day after local news organizations first reported the woman's allegations. One of two numbers the woman turned over from her answering machine's caller identification was traced by police to Pittsburgh. The other, in which a man with a Russian accent threatened, "something was going to happen," came from Miami, according to the report.

The woman told police she did not want to press charges but wanted the calls to stop. Police told her to log any future calls and change her number to unlisted. She agreed, according to the report.

Psyychoward86
08-05-2009, 12:11 PM
The woman accusing Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger of rape claims she has received more than 100 threatening and harassing phone calls, according to a sheriff's office in Nevada.

The 31-year-old woman from Douglas County, Nev., reported the incidents to authorities on Thursday. Different callers, almost exclusively men, have left messages at her home harassing her and threatening that "If you don't drop this, something's going to happen," she claimed.

"You can imagine, it's pretty unsettling for a woman to receive those kinds of calls," said Calvin R.X. Dunlap, the woman's attorney. The Tribune-Review does not identify alleged victims of sexual assault.

Roethlisberger has denied charges from her civil lawsuit that he assaulted the woman at Harrah's Lake Tahoe Hotel and Casino, where she worked as a VIP concierge.

His lawyer, David Cornwell of Atlanta, did not respond to a request for comment Tuesday.

The calls started July 21, a day after local news organizations first reported the woman's allegations. One of two numbers the woman turned over from her answering machine's caller identification was traced by police to Pittsburgh. The other, in which a man with a Russian accent threatened, "something was going to happen," came from Miami, according to the report.

The woman told police she did not want to press charges but wanted the calls to stop. Police told her to log any future calls and change her number to unlisted. She agreed, according to the report.

Ha. Serves the biyatch right :coffee:

Steel Head
08-05-2009, 12:11 PM
anyone got that skank's phone number?

:wink02:

KeiselPower99
08-05-2009, 12:16 PM
anyone got that skank's phone number?

:wink02:

Wouldnt be hard to find. Switchboard.com or YellowPages.com Type in her name and Reno Nevada. Im not encouraging this at all.

steelreserve
08-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Well, that was bound to happen.

Or did the lady think no one else in the world is as nuts as she is?

Dino 6 Rings
08-05-2009, 12:28 PM
"He'll just pay me and I'll go away...right?"

No Skunt...that isn't what is going to happen at all. Now what?

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-05-2009, 12:57 PM
why would a casino host go to someones room to fix a tv dont they have maintence for that

She claims that the Hotel Staff was under "direct orders" to show Ben extreme preference, and since the mainenance staff never showed up to fix his TV, she attempted to do it herself.

The only problem with that scenerio is that ...if the Hotel Staff were under such orders....why didnt maintenance show up? :huh:

tony hipchest
08-05-2009, 01:05 PM
The only problem with that scenerio is that ...if the Hotel Staff were under such orders....why didnt maintenance show up? :huh:they were tied up in charles barkleys room giving him head... i mean "adjusting the shower head".

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-05-2009, 01:09 PM
they were tied up in charles barkleys room giving him head... i mean "adjusting the shower head".

EWWWWW......:ouch:

Good thing Lendale White wasnt at the Hotel!!!

stillers4me
08-05-2009, 04:21 PM
She claims that the Hotel Staff was under "direct orders" to show Ben extreme preference, and since the mainenance staff never showed up to fix his TV, she attempted to do it herself.

The only problem with that scenerio is that ...if the Hotel Staff were under such orders....why didnt maintenance show up? :huh:

They were all conspiring against her, remember? :willy:

100 phone calls? Wouldn't you change your number after the first 2 or 3? :doh:

SteelCityKing
08-05-2009, 04:47 PM
EWWWWW......:ouch:

Good thing Lendale White wasnt at the Hotel!!!

...or a boatload of Minnesota Vikings! haha!

SteelCityMom
08-05-2009, 08:35 PM

Geez...not saying that death threats are in order or anything, or that it's a laughing matter...but isn't it just fitting that she doesn't want to press criminal charges against people threatening her life as well as raping her???? I don't know, if this were me, in either situation, I'd have the cops all over people lol.

And yeah, changer your number and make it private...durhey.

HometownGal
08-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Awwww, the poor dear. Maybe it's that make-believe soldier calling her to work up the nerve to propose again. :jerkit:

Dino 6 Rings
08-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Its really her own fault. Had she pressed Criminal Charges, her name most likely would have been withheld, for longer at least AND people would have actually given her the benefit of the doubt from the begining. Now with just it being a Civil Case...people see it for what it is...A Skunt out looking for a free ride.

(Skunt is a word I have made up, its pending copy right. Its a combination of Skanky Cword)

By the way, anyone else hear about Ben being more apt to sign autographs longer and being more available to the people watching Camp? Image rebuilding already in the works. Go get us Number 7 Ben and you're image will be just fine.

Jackal
08-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Skunt? Ha!:laughing::laughing: Love it.

I was at camp yesterday and while we were getting an autograph from Ryan Clark, I overheard someone saying that, after practice, BB just hopped onto the golf cart and was driven away while talking on his cell phone without acknowledging the fans. Granted, this was just two people talking, but I just thought I'd relay what I heard...

stlrtruck
08-06-2009, 12:46 PM
I don't understand why people get pissed off at players not signing autographs.

In reality, the players are usually on some time schedule up through the evening, especially in today's NFL, which might include having to shower, eat dinner, and then study session of the last practice film. And some times they only have a few hours to accomplish anything and try to get a little down time before the meeting.

HometownGal
08-06-2009, 08:07 PM
I don't understand why people get pissed off at players not signing autographs.

In reality, the players are usually on some time schedule up through the evening, especially in today's NFL, which might include having to shower, eat dinner, and then study session of the last practice film. And some times they only have a few hours to accomplish anything and try to get a little down time before the meeting.

I agree. People act like it is mandatory that the players sign autographs after practice. These guys are exhausted, sweaty and just want to find a shower. Most of the rooks, practice squad players and a couple of the big names are pretty religious about signing autographs on their way back to the dorms after practice, but people need to just chill and realize that these guys aren't God like - they're human beings and after a "hard day's work" want to get back to their rooms and relax even if for only an hour or so.

TackleMeBen
08-06-2009, 09:08 PM
I agree. People act like it is mandatory that the players sign autographs after practice. These guys are exhausted, sweaty and just want to find a shower. Most of the rooks, practice squad players and a couple of the big names are pretty religious about signing autographs on their way back to the dorms after practice, but people need to just chill and realize that these guys aren't God like - they're human beings and after a "hard day's work" want to get back to their rooms and relax even if for only an hour or so.
you are absolutely right marianne. but we have all heard the stories about ben and how he doesnt sign autographs unless you have boobs.:chuckle: lol. maybe you need to ask him if that is true when you go to TC..lol (inquiring minds want to know..lol.)

on a funny note:
Now that Eli has his new contract, the victim has recanted her lawsuit and refiled it accusing Eli as well.

NV STEELERS 723
08-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Someone got her widdle feelings hurt.

I bet some of Ben's money will make it all better. :coffee:

Exactly.

7SteelGal43
08-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Skunt? Ha!:laughing::laughing: Love it.

I was at camp yesterday and while we were getting an autograph from Ryan Clark, I overheard someone saying that, after practice, BB just hopped onto the golf cart and was driven away while talking on his cell phone without acknowledging the fans. Granted, this was just two people talking, but I just thought I'd relay what I heard...

Maybe he was just having a shitty day, you know, gruntin it out in the heat on the practice field, dealing with a stupid made up law suit.......

7SteelGal43
08-06-2009, 11:45 PM
"He'll just pay me and I'll go away...right?"

No Skunt...that isn't what is going to happen at all. Now what?

DAMN STRAIGHT :tt03:

7SteelGal43
08-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Wouldnt be hard to find. Switchboard.com or YellowPages.com Type in her name and Reno Nevada. Im not encouraging this at all.

um yeah, thanks for not encouraging it :toofunny:

TackleMeBen
08-07-2009, 09:32 AM
is it me or do you find it sort of strange that she could find the police station to report harrassing phone calls, but not for reporting that she had been raped?? its women like this that give us classy women very bad names and reputations.

siss
08-07-2009, 10:34 AM
And its women like her who make it hard for REAL rape victims to report a crime of this nature.

HometownGal
08-07-2009, 10:38 AM
http://www.magicity.com/images/redTop.jpg

7SteelGal43
08-07-2009, 11:02 AM

:rofl: STOP...STOP....CANT...CATCH...MY...BREATH.....

TackleMeBen
08-07-2009, 11:47 AM

marianne, why are you insulting the doll???:chuckle:lol... the doll doesnt want to be compared to the nutjob accuser. you come up with the best pictures, and now i have to clean my computer screen bc my tea just went all over it. thanks, you are a real pal :hug:lol

Indo
08-07-2009, 12:51 PM
:rofl:

TOO funny!

Edman
08-07-2009, 01:56 PM
The worst part about this incident is that one day, a woman is going to be actually raped by a professional athlete. If she reports this, people are going to come after her as a gold digger instead, question her mental capacity, or rip apart her story.

This McNutty skunt as well as all the other gold diggers out there have potentially destroyed the credibility of REAL traumatized rape victims everywhere.

siss
08-07-2009, 02:02 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1442065/ Andrea McNulty and Andy McNally sure do sound a lot alike (for those of you who don't know Missy Peregrym is Ben's supposed girlfriend (he has never admitted to dating her, but the man would also have you believe he hasn't dated anyone since that golf chick his Rookie year).

RoethlisBURGHer
08-07-2009, 02:37 PM
What did she expect when accusing the star Super Bowl winning QB of the most popular team in the NFL?

Maybe she should have called the woman that hit Ben on his motorcycle what it's like the be vilified by the fans of the Steelers before she went accusing Ben of something he didn't do,

stillers4me
08-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Roethlisberger gets more time to respond to suit
The lawyer for a woman suing quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for alleged sexual assault has given the two-time Super Bowl winner more time to respond to the lawsuit.

Reno attorney Cal Dunlap says Roethlisberger's attorneys now have until Aug. 21 to file their response.

The woman, who worked as an executive VIP casino host at Harrah's Lake Tahoe, claims the quarterback lured her to his hotel room under false pretenses and raped her during a celebrity golf tournament last summer. She's seeking a minimum of $490,000 plus punitive damages.

The suit also names hotel officials as defendants.

On Friday, lawyers for two other defendants filed motions to move the case from Reno 50 miles south to Minden in Douglas County.

Copyright The Seattle Times Company
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2009620662_apfbnroethlisbergerlawsuit.html?syndica tion=rss

Fire Haley
08-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Here we go. Kiss and tell time!
He said, she said

A former coworker of Andrea McNulty, who is suing Ben Roethlisberger for sexual assault, says the woman bragged about her encounter with the quarterback.

McNulty alleged told a fellow Harrah's hotel employee that she might be pregnant by Roethlisberger and was considering traveling to Pittsburgh to try to "run into" him.

McNulty never seemed "upset, stressed out or nervous," the coworker added. Hannah's officials have also been named as defendants in the suit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4385103&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

jasonhightower
08-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Yep, more and more doubt will appear I believe... Just a matter of time... This thing may never get to court.

Gnutella
08-08-2009, 01:48 AM
Time to send "thank you" notes to Ms. Angela Antonetti. :P

PAMillerGrrl83
08-08-2009, 03:23 AM
It still surprises me that this chick didnt think people were gonna call/threaten/harass her. I mean seriousley lady what'd you expect??

sixstringlass
08-08-2009, 05:06 AM
Here we go. Kiss and tell time!
He said, she said

A former coworker of Andrea McNulty, who is suing Ben Roethlisberger for sexual assault, says the woman bragged about her encounter with the quarterback.

McNulty alleged told a fellow Harrah's hotel employee that she might be pregnant by Roethlisberger and was considering traveling to Pittsburgh to try to "run into" him.

McNulty never seemed "upset, stressed out or nervous," the coworker added. Hannah's officials have also been named as defendants in the suit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4385103&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Yup. Figured something like this would come out. Never had any doubt.

TackleMeBen
08-08-2009, 06:57 AM

that is it right there.. when she found out that she wasnt, she probably decided to claim rape and try to get money that way. i shouldnt be surprised at what lengths some women will go to to try and get money, but i am. i truly hope that ben has learned his lesson, if you play be careful with what you decide to play with.

stillers4me
08-08-2009, 07:10 AM
Andrea McNutty.....goin down!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/50654289_7efcc3d944.jpg

TackleMeBen
08-08-2009, 07:14 AM
well thank god that his fish didnt swim far enough.... could you imagine him having to be stuck with that crazy nutjob for the rest of his life???

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Andrea McNutty.....goin down!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/50654289_7efcc3d944.jpg

Dont start THAT rumor!!!!!!!

stillers4me
08-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Dont start THAT rumor!!!!!!!

:sofunny:

stillers4me
08-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Affidavit: Accuser fantasized about having Big Ben's kid
By Jason Cato
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Nevada casino host accusing Ben Roethlisberger of rape once bragged about having consensual sex with the Steelers quarterback and later fantasized that she could have a "little Roethlisberger," according to court documents filed in Reno late Friday.

"When (she) told me about her encounter with Mr. Roethlisberger she appeared happy and was boastful about what happened," Angela Antonetti, a former co-worker of Roethlisberger's accuser at the Harrah's Lake Tahoe Hotel and Casino, wrote in an eight-page affidavit.

A 31-year-old woman filed a civil lawsuit last month accusing Roethlisberger, 27, of raping her in July 2008 at the hotel, where the woman worked as a VIP concierge. Roethlisberger was participating in the resort's American Century Celebrity Golf Championship. The lawsuit also names eight Harrah's employees as defendents, claiming they were part of a cover-up.

The Tribune-Review does not identify alleged victims of sexual assault.

Roethlisberger has denied the accusations, which he called "reckless and false."

"I would never, ever force myself on a woman," Roethlisberger said during a July 23 press conference. He has not publicly addressed the allegations since.

One of Roethlisberger's attorney's, David Cornwell of Atlanta, could not be reached last night for comment.

The woman's lawyer, Calvin Dunlap of Reno, said he "absolutely" believes the complaint he filed was truthful and accurate.

About yesterday's court filings and Antonetti's affidavit, Dunlap only said: "I cannot wait to take her deposition."

Antonetti said she was driving home from the gym on July 21 when she heard a radio report about a Harrah's employee accusing Roethlisberger of rape through a lawsuit.

"Because I knew that (her) lawsuit and false allegations would unfairly and unjustly hurt Mr. Roethlisberger, I wanted to set the story straight," Antonetti said in the affidavit.

The lawsuit claims Roethlisberger lured the woman to his penthouse suite in order to fix a problem with his television's sound system. Once inside, Roethlisberger sexually assaulted the woman, the lawsuit states.

Antonetti said the woman never told her any of the details described in the lawsuit. The accuser never appeared upset, stressed or nervous about her tryst with Roethlisberger, Antonetti said in the affidavit.

"Nor did she comment in any fashion that the alleged sexual interaction that she had with Mr. Roethlisberger was anything other than consensual," Antonetti said in the affidavit.

Soon after, the woman told Antonetti she thought Roethlisberger might have impregnated her, the affidavit states.

"Rather than indicating that she was afraid or apprehensive about this, (she) expressed to me that she was hoping for a 'little Roethlisberger,'" Antonetti said. "I was surprised by (her) comment that she might be pregnant because it would have been too early after the night with Mr. Roethlisberger for (her) to know whether or not she was pregnant."

The year before the 2008 celebrity golf tournament, Antonetti said in the affidavit that Roethlisberger's accuser broke off an affair with a married man after the man's wife confronted her. The accuser then told Antonetti that she started an online romance with "Ben," a U.S. soldier she said was serving in Iraq.

The accuser later told Antonetti that she "was engaged to Soldier Ben and that she had fallen in love with him," the affidavit states.

After the 2008 celebrity golf tournament, however, the accuser told Antonetti that she discovered "Soldier Ben was a fabricated hoax and that Soldier Ben did not exist," the affidavit states.

The accuser learned of the trick through a "Gotcha" e-mail, believed to have been masterminded by her former paramour's wife.

"I understood and observed that she was very emotionally distraught by the fact that Soldier Ben was a fictitious creation by a scorned woman," Antonetti said in the affidavit.

In late September 2008, shortly after confiding in Antonetti that "Soldier Ben" did not exist, the accuser took a leave of absence from Harrah's and did not return until around Thanksgiving, the affidavit states.

After Antonetti left Harrah's in March, the accuser met her for lunch at Atlantis Hotel and told Antonetti that she was going to sue Harrah's, the affidavit states.

The accuser last week filed a complaint with Nevada police that reported she has received more than 100 threatening and harassing telephone calls since filing the lawsuit.

Roethlisberger's attorneys have been granted an extension until Aug. 21 to respond to the woman's allegations. The quarterback's lawyers yesterday joined two other defendants in requesting the lawsuit be moved from a Reno court to one closer to Lake Tahoe.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_637426.html#

Sounds the McNutty is obsessed with BEN.

TackleMeBen
08-08-2009, 07:40 AM
now, this is really starting to sound like she is a nutjob. i hope her attorney likes looking like a fool, bc that is what its looking like to normal people..lol.

stillers4me
08-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Roethlisberger takes the gloves off
Posted by Mike Florio on August 8, 2009 7:37 AM ET
Gregg Rosenthal pointed out on Friday that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has received additional time to formally respond to the civil allegations of sexual assault made against him by an employee of Harrah's hotel and casino in Lake Tahoe, Nevada.

As a practical matter, however, Roethlisberger's legal team launched its first assault in the case on Friday. And while Roethlisberger has yet to concede that he had sexual relations with the plaintiff, it is now obvious that one of his primary arguments will be that the plaintiff intentionally has fabricated the notion that any exchange between them was not consensual.

Several readers have forwarded to us the link to an item at ESPN.com regarding an affidavit filed recently in the case. The affidavit (a written, sworn statement) was signed August 7 by a former co-worker of the plaintiff's at Harrah's hotel and casino.

The former co-worker is not one of the named defendants in the case, and the former co-worker no longer is employed by Harrah's.

The account at ESPN.com of the affidavit is fairly tame; the affidavit is characterized as stating that the plaintiff in the lawsuit didn't seem "upset, stressed out or nervous" about her interaction with Roethlisberger, that the plaintiff thought she might be pregnant as a result of her encounter with Roethlisberger, and that the plaintiff spoke after the event of traveling to Pittsburgh to possibly "run into" him.

But the full affidavit, a copy of which we have obtained, goes much, much farther than that.

For starters, the affidavit itself is, by all appearances, gratuitous at this juncture of the case. It was attached to a motion aimed at moving the case from Washoe County, Nevada, where one of the named defendants has a residence, 50 miles away to Douglas County, Nevada, where the plaintiff worked and where the incident allegedly occurred.

The assertions contained in the affidavit simply have no bearing on whether the case should be moved to Douglas County. And so the obvious reality is that the motion was used in part as a vehicle for providing more information to the court of public opinion, which for a high-profile athlete is a courtroom nearly as important as the one in which the case would eventually be tried.

Here's the stuff that caught our attention.

At paragraph 8, the affidavit states that the plaintiff "did not obtain the position through the standard process . . . with which I was familiar." For example, the co-worker claims that the plaintiff got the job without being interviewed for it. (In our view, that's intended to imply that the plaintiff obtained the job through non-traditional means. We'll leave it to the court of public opinion to speculate on what those might be.)

At paragraph 9, the co-worker explains that she served as a mentor to the plaintiff in the position of Casino Host, and that as a result the plaintiff confided in the co-worker regarding her personal life.

At paragraph 10, the co-worker opines that she would not have hired the plaintiff for the position of Casino Host, explaining that she "did not possess the necessary skills or attitude" and that she was not "professional, reliable or organized."

At paragraph 11, the co-worker makes the "Erin Brockovich" allegations against the plaintiff, a not-so-uncommon tactic in cases of this nature. Specifically, the co-worker alleges that the plaintiff "[o]n frequent occasions" was "wearing scantily clad and provocative clothing." (Relevance in a court of law? Little or none. Relevance in a court of public opinion? Significant.)

At paragraph 16, the co-worker says that the plaintiff told the co-worker in July 2008 that the plaintiff had "been with" Roethlisberger. "In observing her demeanor during this conversation," the co-worker alleges, Andrea did not appear to be upset, stressed-out or nervous." The co-worker instead claims that the plaintiff appeared to be "happy and boastful" about the encounter with him. The co-worker states that the plaintiff never indicated she was assaulted, or that the interaction was ever anything other than consensual.

At paragraph 17, the co-worker states that the plaintiff indicated that she thought she might be pregnant by Roethlisberger, and that the plaintiff never later indicated that she actually was.

At paragraph 18, the co-worker discusses the plaintiff's suggestion that she would travel to Pittsburgh to try to "run into" Roethlisberger. In the next paragraph, the co-worker alleges that the plaintiff tried in August 2008 to obtain Roethlisberger's phone number through Harrah's resources. The co-worker says that she declined to assist the plaintiff in this effort.

In paragraph 20, the co-worker states -- for no apparent reason -- that the plaintiff had said she had dated a baseball player who "had a lot of money."

Paragraphs 21 through 27 address the issue of the fictitious soldier, fabricated by the wife of a woman with whom the plaintiff allegedly was involved. The point of these allegations is to demonstrate that any significant mental distress that the plaintiff experienced arose not from the plaintiff's interactions with Roethlisberger, but from the notion that she learned she had "fallen in love" with a man who, as it turned out, did not exist.

The last five paragraphs are, in our regard, the most important, from the standpoint of the looming legal battle.

At paragraph 28, the co-worker claims that, in March 2009, the plaintiff said that she planned to sue Harrah's. The plaintiff allegedly said that the case would be "big news," and the plaintiff allegedly asked "leading questions" like, "Isn't it true that Harrah's mistreated you?"

At paragraph 30, the co-worker explains that she heard about the lawsuit on or about July 21, 2009, while driving home from work and listening to the radio. At paragraph 31, the co-worker says this: "When I heard the radio report, I immediately knew that [the plaintiff] . . . was making these false allegations against Mr. Roethlisberger. I was absolutely shocked because I knew [the plaintiff's] allegation that Ben Roethlisberger raped her was false. Because I knew that [the plaintiff's] lawsuit and false allegations would unfairly and unjustly hurt Mr. Roethlisberger, I wanted to set the record straight."

Wow.

Moving forward, the former co-worker will be a very important witness in the case. What once appeared to be a he said/she said exchange will now potentially be influenced dramatically by the extent to which the former co-worker is a persuasive and credible witness while testifying.

The fact that the former co-worker has reduced so much of her story to writing at this point actually will make it easier for the plaintiff's lawyer to engage in thorough questioning of the co-worker. Indeed, one of the significant lines of examination will undoubtedly be whether and to what extent the co-worker prepared the affidavit herself -- and whether and to what extent it was prepared by the lawyers representing Roethlisberger.

Regardless, the affidavit proves that Roethlisberger plans to fight this thing aggressively. And if the co-worker's affidavit is accurate, Roethlisberger most likely will prevail.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/08/big-ben-takes-the-gloves-off/

stillers4me
08-08-2009, 07:47 AM
I propose a worldwide Terrible Towel wave in the name of Angela Antonetti!

:tt03:

TackleMeBen
08-08-2009, 07:52 AM
it sounds like this woman really needs some heavy mental health sessions. i have heard of children living in fantasy worlds, but for an adult to go that far..wow.

i really hope that her lawyers dont crack this witness, and everything that was in that
affidavit is true.

did we have any doubt that ben wasnt going to fight this after that press conference he gave in july????

stillers4me
08-08-2009, 07:57 AM
I have a feeling she is 100% credible. If she wasn't named in the suit, why would she get herself involved by making something up?

TackleMeBen
08-08-2009, 08:01 AM
I have a feeling she is 100% credible. If she wasn't named in the suit, why would she get herself involved by making something up?
ben is paying her with lots of benjamins to get him out of this mess:rofl:j/k

good point. why get involved and get your name tossed around like that if you arent named in the suit. i just hope she stands her ground and dont say anything that the nutjobs attorney can turn around...

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-08-2009, 08:04 AM
I propose a worldwide Terrible Towel wave in the name of Angela Antonetti!

:tt03:

...and a worldwide Kotex wave for Andrea McNutty.:tt03::tt03:

Oops...I said that out loud.
:couch:

klick81
08-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Alriiiiiight.

Witnesses for Ben- 1
Witnesses for Mcnutty- ZERO.

HometownGal
08-08-2009, 09:57 AM
No doubt in my mind that this horse-faced, apple-eatin-through-a-picket-fence, lying bimbo is going to get slaughtered in Court IF this case even makes it there, of which I have my doubts. :applaudit::thumbsup::applaudit:

P.S. If Ben DID get some pu-tang from that - HE needs the psychiatrist's sofa and definitely some glasses. :horror:

siss
08-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Ben needs some new beer goggles...and if that B!tch has a chance with Bn then so do!!!!!

alittlejazzbird
08-08-2009, 10:43 AM
No doubt in my mind that this horse-faced, apple-eatin-through-a-picket-fence, lying bimbo is going to get slaughtered in Court IF this case even makes it there, of which I have my doubts. :applaudit::thumbsup::applaudit:

P.S. If Ben DID get some pu-tang from that - HE needs the psychiatrist's sofa and definitely some glasses. :horror:

...and PLEASE, Ben, for crying out loud....CONDOMS.

stillers4me
08-08-2009, 10:55 AM
She imagined as fiancee, she imagined a pregnancy, she could very well be imaging sex.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-08-2009, 11:00 AM
She imagined as fiancee, she imagined a pregnancy, she could very well be imaging sex.

I thought imagining sex was something that only Tim Lumber did?:noidea:

Godfather
08-08-2009, 11:46 AM

Doesn't she have a baby?

siss
08-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Doesn't she have a baby?

I didn't think it was her's.

alittlejazzbird
08-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Here's a link to the actual affidavit:

http://rgj.com/assets/pdf/J714012387.PDF

stillers4me
08-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Doesn't she have a baby?

She imagined having little Ben, according to the story.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-08-2009, 02:13 PM
She imagined having little Ben, according to the story.

Better yet...she "thought" she was pregnant just a few days after the alleged incident.

Uh....riiiiiiggghhhht. Sure ya did.:thumbsup:

stillers4me
08-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Here's a link to the actual affidavit:

http://rgj.com/assets/pdf/J714012387.PDF

She spelled Pittsburgh wrong upteen times.

alittlejazzbird
08-08-2009, 02:30 PM
She spelled Pittsburgh wrong upteen times.

I HATE it when out of towners spell it Pittsburg. Sheesh, don't people proofread and check spellings, ever? You'd think the lawyer would spend 30 seconds determining that Ben plays for the PittsburgH Steelers before filing a document in court. Grrrrrr.

stillers4me
08-08-2009, 02:34 PM
I HATE it when out of towners spell it Pittsburg. Sheesh, don't people proofread and check spellings, ever? You'd think the lawyer would spend 30 seconds determining that Ben plays for the PittsburgH Steelers before filing a document in court. Grrrrrr.

Hey, if she gets Ben outtadismess, I'll forgive her. :chuckle:

Riddle_Of_Steel
08-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Good news, Steeler Nation!! It looks like our faith in Big Ben was not misplaced. This just in from the RENO Gazette:

By Martha Bellisle, Reno Gazette-Journal RENO The woman who claimed in a lawsuit that page/PIT">Steelers">Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger raped her allegedly bragged about having consensual sex with him to a co-worker, according to court documents filed late Friday.

In a sworn statement attached to a motion to move the case to Douglas County, Angela Antonetti said that Andrea McNulty, the woman who made the rape claim, 'did not appear to be upset, stressed-out or nervous' about having 'been with' Roethlisberger during the 2008 American Century Championship celebrity golf tournament.

Instead, McNulty 'appeared happy and boastful' about it, and later said she thought she might be pregnant from the encounter, the affidavit said.

'Rather than indicating that she was afraid or apprehensive about this, Andrea expressed to me that she was hoping for a 'little Roethlisberger,'' said Antonetti, who worked with McNulty at Harrah's between 2006 and 2009.

Reached late Friday, McNulty's lawyer, Cal Dunlap, said he had not seen the documents and declined to comment.

FIND MORE STORIES IN: Pittsburgh Steelers | Douglas County

McNulty filed the lawsuit in Washoe District Court on July 17, claiming that she was working as a VIP hostess during the tournament when Roethlisberger asked her to come to his room to fix his television. She said he raped her and then told her to leave.

She said she reported it to Harrah's security chief Guy Hyder the next day, but nothing was done. Her lawsuit claims eight members of Harrah's management, including casino president John Koster, conspired to cover up the alleged attack.

McNulty's lawsuit said that she went into a deep depression after the alleged attack, and spent months in and out of hospitals.

But Friday's motion, filed by Roethlisberger's Nevada lawyer, John Echeverria, said that her claims were an attempt to exploit his celebrity status, in the hope of 'securing an extortionate payday.'

Antonetti said McNulty's emotional collapse had nothing to do with a rape, but resulted from a failed relationship with a married man, and than a long-distance relationship that turned out to be a hoax.

Antonetti said that eight months before the golf tournament, McNulty allegedly told her she was having an affair with a married man named Fritz, but that she had to end it after his wife found out, which left her 'quite upset.'

Soon after, Antonetti said McNulty spoke of having an online romance with a soldier named Ben who was stationed in Iraq. She said McNulty told people at Harrah's that she was in love with him, and that he was coming to South Lake Tahoe in September 2008.

But after the tournament, Antonetti said McNulty received an e-mail from his account that said 'Gotcha' and said the soldier never existed. She said McNulty believed the hoax was orchastrated by Fritz's wife.

Antonetti said McNulty became 'very emotionally distraught' after this discovery, and took a leave of absence from Harrah's. She said McNulty later said she planned to sue Harrah's, and when Antonetti said she heard about the claims against Roethlisberger, she wanted 'to set the story straight.'

J Dogg
08-08-2009, 02:46 PM
JERRY....JERRY....JERRY

The Definiti0n
08-08-2009, 05:30 PM
The defense rests its case.

Preacher
08-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Wow.

Okay, if this thing does go forward, she HAS TO provide those counseling records... or she simply has no hope of winning. Thing is, the records will not come to light...

As I have said repeatedly, too many holes in the story, and the conversation about "pulling out" is a conversation that is usually had in consensual sex.

The sad thing is, she targeted the wrong person. I wouldn't be surprised if she would have had a case against the woman that lied to her about being a soldier overseas... some kind of fraud. But it seems she transferred her desire to "get right with the world" to Ben. Its a shame.

It also means, as I said before, if this is true, Ben is an idiot for putting himself in this situation. You stay with those who can't get anything from you. Celebs date celebs FOR A REASON.

mesaSteeler
08-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Affidavit: Accuser fantasized about having Big Ben's kid
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_637426.html
By Jason Cato, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Last updated: 5:57 pm

The Nevada casino host accusing Ben Roethlisberger of rape once bragged about having consensual sex with the Steelers quarterback and later fantasized that she could have a "little Roethlisberger," according to court documents filed in Reno late Friday.

"When (she) told me about her encounter with Mr. Roethlisberger she appeared happy and was boastful about what happened," the court affidavit quotes Angela Antonetti, a former co-worker of Roethlisberger's accuser at the Harrah's Lake Tahoe Hotel and Casino, as saying.

The affidavit was filed Friday evening as part of a motion to change venues for the trial in the woman's suit against Roethlisberger. It is not filed as part of Roethlisberger's response to the suit itself. Roethlisberger's attorneys have been given until Aug. 21 to file the response to the suit.

A 31-year-old woman filed a civil lawsuit last month accusing Roethlisberger, 27, of raping her in July 2008 at the hotel, where the woman worked as a VIP concierge.

Roethlisberger was participating in the resort's American Century Celebrity Golf Championship at the time. The lawsuit also names eight Harrah's employees as defendants, claiming they were part of a cover-up.

The Tribune-Review does not identify alleged victims of sexual assault.

Roethlisberger has denied the accusations, which he called "reckless and false."

"I would never, ever force myself on a woman," Roethlisberger said during a July 23 press conference.

Today, both he and Steeler spokesman Dave Lockett declined to comment on the situation.

"These slanderous allegations are deliberately scandalous and sensational," Roethlisberger's Reno lawyer, John Echeverria, wrote in a memorandum supporting his venue-change request.

"Plaintiff and her lawyers seek to have the press republish these false and salacious allegations in an effort to abuse the judicial process in hope of securing an extortionate payday."

Neither Echeverria nor Roethlisberger's Atlanta-based attorney, William David Cornwell Sr., could be reached for comment.

The woman's lawyer, Calvin Dunlap of Reno, told the Tribune-Review around midnight that he "absolutely" believes the complaint he filed was truthful and accurate.

About yesterday's court filings and Antonetti's affidavit, Dunlap only said: "I cannot wait to take her deposition."

In the affidavit, Antonetti said she was driving home from the gym on July 21 when she heard a radio report about a Harrah's employee accusing Roethlisberger of rape through a lawsuit.

"Because I knew that (her) lawsuit and false allegations would unfairly and unjustly hurt Mr. Roethlisberger, I wanted to set the story straight," Antonetti said in the affidavit.

The lawsuit claims Roethlisberger lured the woman to his penthouse suite to fix a problem with his television. Once inside, Roethlisberger sexually assaulted the woman, the lawsuit states.

Antonetti said the woman never told her any of the details described in the lawsuit. The accuser never appeared upset, stressed or nervous about her tryst with Roethlisberger, Antonetti said in the affidavit.

"Nor did she comment in any fashion that the alleged sexual interaction that she had with Mr. Roethlisberger was anything other than consensual," Antonetti said in the affidavit.

Soon after, the woman told Antonetti she thought Roethlisberger might have impregnated her, the affidavit states.

"Rather than indicating that she was afraid or apprehensive about this, (she) expressed to me that she was hoping for a 'little Roethlisberger,'" Antonetti said. "I was surprised by (her) comment that she might be pregnant because it would have been too early after the night with Mr. Roethlisberger for (her) to know whether or not she was pregnant."

Antonetti said in the affidavit that the year before the 2008 celebrity golf tournament Roethlisberger's accuser broke off an affair with a married man after the man's wife confronted her. The accuser then told Antonetti that she started an online romance with "Ben," a U.S. soldier she said was serving in Iraq.

The accuser later told Antonetti that she "was engaged to Soldier Ben and that she had fallen in love with him," the affidavit states.

After the 2008 golf tournament, however, the accuser told Antonetti that she discovered "Soldier Ben was a fabricated hoax and that Soldier Ben did not exist," the affidavit states.

The accuser learned of the trick through a "Gotcha" e-mail, believed to have been masterminded by her former paramour's wife.

"I understood and observed that she was very emotionally distraught by the fact that Soldier Ben was a fictitious creation by a scorned woman," Antonetti said in the affidavit.

In late September 2008, shortly after confiding in Antonetti that "Soldier Ben" did not exist, the accuser took a leave of absence from Harrah's and did not return until around Thanksgiving, the affidavit states.

After Antonetti left Harrah's in March, the accuser met her for lunch at Atlantis Hotel and told Antonetti that she was going to sue Harrah's, the affidavit states.

The accuser last week filed a complaint with Nevada police that reported she has received more than 100 threatening and harassing telephone calls since filing the lawsuit.

Godfather
08-08-2009, 09:22 PM
The sad thing is, she targeted the wrong person. I wouldn't be surprised if she would have had a case against the woman that lied to her about being a soldier overseas... some kind of fraud.

The fake soldier was her boyfriend's wife. If she did that she'd get countersued for the affair.

Preacher
08-09-2009, 12:11 AM
The fake soldier was her boyfriend's wife. If she did that she'd get countersued for the affair.
I don't know. . . can you do that? I don't think so.

Preacher
08-09-2009, 01:57 AM
Antonetti said in the affidavit that the year before the 2008 celebrity golf tournament Roethlisberger's accuser broke off an affair with a married man after the man's wife confronted her. The accuser then told Antonetti that she started an online romance with "Ben," a U.S. soldier she said was serving in Iraq.
After the 2008 golf tournament, however, the accuser told Antonetti that she discovered "Soldier Ben was a fabricated hoax and that Soldier Ben did not exist," the affidavit states.

Alright.. Notice the name of the supposed soldier--Ben?
Now, let me introduce a couple terms that many of you probably know---

transference 1. The projection of attitudes, wishes, desires, libidinous and aggressive thoughts to another party, usually understood to mean to the psychoanalyst.

Cognitive distortion: Cognitive distortions, no matter how damaging they may be, are unconscious operations of the mind. People do not choose their cognitive distortions. Indeed, most people would disavow the kind of reasoning that is behind their automatic thoughts. We act on them without even being aware of them.

A kind of cognitive distortion: BLAME-- When I personalize, I assume the guilt for things that go wrong outside of my control. I see things as my fault that I couldn't have prevented. In a somewhat more subtle form, I may assume moral guilt for a mistake or an error which is morally neutral. Blame is the same cognitive distortion, operating in reverse. Instead of taking responsibility on myself, I shift it to somebody else. Behind both forms of this cognitive distortion lies the assumption that if anything goes wrong, it must be somebody's fault. There are no mistakes, only crimes, and the criminals must be found and punished.
-----------

A fake soldier named Ben was snatched from her... then a real Ben with lots of money shows up and has sex with her.

Now, she is suing... who? the real Ben, or the soldier Ben that hurt her? Sure, she may be able to distinguish the two at the topmost level, but something tells me she has mixed the two into one being deep down... In essence, transferring her feelings for the fake Ben and how he hurt her to the real Ben.

I feel real sorry for this woman. She is still in need of serious psychological help IMO.

Dodt
08-09-2009, 07:13 AM
i agree with you preacher.

Texasteel
08-09-2009, 07:26 AM
This young lady seem to have gotten herself in a hole that keeps getting deep, and deeper. If she is truly mentally ill, I hope she can get help soon. If this is about the money and fame, I hope they nail her to the wall.

pancake
08-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Snoop Dog said it best...

"You never know, she could be earning a man, learning a man and at the sametime burning a man"

St33lersguy
08-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Wow, lady. She got some problems

steel striker
08-09-2009, 09:32 AM
This women has got ISSUES and, it is a shame to drag Ben into this mess.

KeiselPower99
08-09-2009, 10:04 AM
So she had sex with Ben bragged about it and then thought she might have been pregnant. And throw in the mental issues she reportedly has. Way to pick em Ben.

pancake
08-09-2009, 10:10 AM
So she had sex with Ben bragged about it and then thought she might have been pregnant. And throw in the mental issues she reportedly has. Way to pick em Ben.

I see Ben has the same ability as I do when picking a female. My friends say, " if you want to know which girl is the craziest in the bar, just see which one I am attracted to." :rofl:

4xSBChamps
08-09-2009, 10:25 AM

"Rather than indicating that she was afraid or apprehensive about this, (she) expressed to me that she was hoping for a 'little Roethlisberger,' "

"... Ms. McNulty...I have but one question for you...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/TV%20shows/FraserCranehead-shrinker.jpg

..... what color IS the sky..... in your world?"

stillers4me
08-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Ben has never admitted to even having sex with her...I repeat Ben did not admit to having sex with her.

Based on her history, it's not a stretch to think she walked into his room to check on the TV, and without any other witness but him to the exchange, made up the whole episode in her head, told her coworkers Ben had sex with her and then as time went on, she cooked up the whole "rape" story when she realized she couldn't pay her medical bills from the imaginary soldier Ben episode. Preacher's version of the story could very be weaved into this saga as well.

This woman has real issues.

Preacher
08-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Ben has never admitted to even having sex with her...I repeat Ben did not admit to having sex with her.

Based on her history, it's not a stretch to think she walked into his room to check on the TV, and without any other witness but him to the exchange, made up the whole episode in her head, told her coworkers Ben had sex with her and then as time went on, she cooked up the whole "rape" story when she realized she couldn't pay her medical bills from the imaginary soldier Ben episode. Preacher's version of the story could very be weaved into this saga as well.

This woman has real issues.

No, there are things about her story that make me think he did. The discussion about not being on the pill and Ben "pulling out," the issue of going into the bathroom afterwards to take care of herself, those both are more "anchors in reality" that she seems to have to spin to her story, rather than make them up. After all, both of them hurt a rape story.

Godfather
08-09-2009, 10:47 AM
I don't know. . . can you do that? I don't think so.

Some states have alienation of affection laws. Even if Nevada isn't one of those states, her boyfriend's wife would have a legitimate emotional distress claim.

Preacher
08-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Some states have alienation of affection laws. Even if Nevada isn't one of those states, her boyfriend's wife would have a legitimate emotional distress claim.

Dang. that is interesting. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

fansince'76
08-09-2009, 12:04 PM
No, there are things about her story that make me think he did. The discussion about not being on the pill and Ben "pulling out," the issue of going into the bathroom afterwards to take care of herself, those both are more "anchors in reality" that she seems to have to spin to her story, rather than make them up. After all, both of them hurt a rape story.

And she also completely fabricated a romantic relationship in the past. Sorry, but I don't believe ANYTHING she has to say on the face of things about the matter without proof. Like I said much earlier in the thread, I could claim I banged Jessica Alba, but that doesn't make it true.

stlrtruck
08-10-2009, 07:42 AM

Ben has never denied having sex with her either.

I'm not bashing Ben but the reality, and the truth of the matter, is the only thing Ben has done is denied sexually assaulting her.

fansince'76
08-10-2009, 07:45 AM
Ben has never denied having sex with her either.

I'm not bashing Ben but the reality, and the truth of the matter, is the only thing Ben has done is denied sexually assaulting her.

And considering her obvious psychological problems, I'm giving Ben the benefit of the doubt and will continue to believe he didn't sleep with her until it's either PROVEN otherwise or he specifically says he did. This is a woman that completely fabricated a romantic relationship with a nonexistent person at one point, after all.

HometownGal
08-10-2009, 08:06 AM
And considering her obvious psychological problems, I'm giving Ben the benefit of the doubt and will continue to believe he didn't sleep with her until it's either PROVEN otherwise or he specifically says he did. This is a woman that completely fabricated a romantic relationship with a nonexistent person at one point, after all.

BINGO! Until the truth comes out one way or the other, I am also going to continue to give Ben the benefit of the doubt.

Dino 6 Rings
08-10-2009, 09:05 AM
Crazy
Crazy for feeling so lonely
Im Crazy
Crazy for feeling so blue

The_WARDen
08-10-2009, 09:42 AM
And she also completely fabricated a romantic relationship in the past. Sorry, but I don't believe ANYTHING she has to say on the face of things about the matter without proof. Like I said much earlier in the thread, I could claim I banged Jessica Alba, but that doesn't make it true.

You banged her too??! Small world.

Dino 6 Rings
08-10-2009, 09:43 AM
You banged her too??! Small world.

Hope you both used protection, Alba has herpes.

Smitty681
08-10-2009, 10:07 AM
As I have said from the beginning, and at least one news report claims, Ben apparently did have consensual sex with Andrea McNulty. Apparently he thought it was a one-night-stand, and she thought he was going to bring her to the Burgh and make her the Queen of the Steeler Nation. When a year passed by, and she never heard from Ben, she decided to sue him for rape. Does not calling a woman of 31 YO after having consensual sex make a guy a rapist? No! Does it make him a tad impolite and ungentlemanly? Maybe! If a jury gives this deranged woman $500K for having consensual sex and then being dumped, will that make her the most expensive prostitute in history? Probably! Will Ben think twice before bedding a fairly attractive woman he hardly knows in the future? Hopefully! He's a great QB, but along with riding a motorcycle without a helmet, this was not one of his best decisions. Let's go Steelers! Back-to-Back SB's just like in the 70's!

fansince'76
08-10-2009, 11:35 AM
As I have said from the beginning, and at least one news report claims, Ben apparently did have consensual sex with Andrea McNulty.

What news report and was it based on Ms. McNulty's claim alone? I haven't heard anyone make that claim except Ms. McNulty personally. BTW, I had a three-way with Megan Fox and Jessica Alba. And if you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn you might be interesting purchasing too.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-10-2009, 11:40 AM
What news report and was it based on Ms. McNulty's claim alone? I haven't heard anyone make that claim except Ms. McNulty personally. BTW, I had a three-way with Megan Fox and Jessica Alba. And if you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn you might be interesting purchasing too.

Not funny!!!....I live in fear EVERY day that Jessica Alba is going to extort money from me because of one night of bad judgement!! I'm telling you...IT WAS CONSENSUAL!!!!
:crying03:

Dino 6 Rings
08-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Not funny!!!....I live in fear EVERY day that Jessica Alba is going to extort money from me because of one night of bad judgement!! I'm telling you...IT WAS CONSENSUAL!!!!
:crying03:

Um yeah...I'm trying to tell you guys, you need to got to doctor, Alba has herpes.

7SteelGal43
08-10-2009, 12:24 PM

I think the belief that he did in fact have sex with her is based more on what Ben hasn't said rather than what Mcnulty has said. So far, he hasn't denied any sex, he just denied forcing himself or sexually assaulting. By the way, that's good enough in my book. MS MCNULTY, GET OUT OF MY COURT ROOM :mallet:

fansince'76
08-10-2009, 02:45 PM
I think the belief that he did in fact have sex with her is based more on what Ben hasn't said rather than what Mcnulty has said.

Yeah, I know, and my point has been that she once imagined and bragged openly about a romantic relationship with a fictitious person, so her bragging to a coworker that she and Ben engaged in consensual sex means bupkus to me. I don't believe a word she says, I haven't been given any reason to believe any part of her story thus far, so for me, Ben doesn't have to come out and implicitly deny that they had sex for me to believe he never touched her at all.

siss
08-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I know, and my point has been that she once imagined and bragged openly about a romantic relationship with a fictitious person, so her bragging to a coworker that she and Ben engaged in consensual sex means bupkus to me. I don't believe a word she says, I haven't been given any reason to believe any part of her story thus far, so for me, Ben doesn't have to come out and implicitly deny that they had sex for me to believe he never touched her at all.
I agree! Until Ben admits they had consensual sex, I'm not believing it!

pancake
08-10-2009, 05:41 PM
As I have said from the beginning, and at least one news report claims, Ben apparently did have consensual sex with Andrea McNulty. Apparently he thought it was a one-night-stand, and she thought he was going to bring her to the Burgh and make her the Queen of the Steeler Nation. When a year passed by, and she never heard from Ben, she decided to sue him for rape. Does not calling a woman of 31 YO after having consensual sex make a guy a rapist? No! Does it make him a tad impolite and ungentlemanly? Maybe! If a jury gives this deranged woman $500K for having consensual sex and then being dumped, will that make her the most expensive prostitute in history? Probably! Will Ben think twice before bedding a fairly attractive woman he hardly knows in the future? Hopefully! He's a great QB, but along with riding a motorcycle without a helmet, this was not one of his best decisions. Let's go Steelers! Back-to-Back SB's just like in the 70's!

When did she get attractive???? :laughing:

7SteelGal43
08-10-2009, 06:01 PM

Very good point fansince. Excellent. Either way....
MS MCNULTY, GET OUT OF MY COURT ROOM :mallet:

Preacher
08-10-2009, 07:03 PM
All well and good, but I still don't believe a word of anything McNulty says or has said about the matter based on what has been already divulged in the press about her. Until Ben comes out and says "yes we were intimate," I'm going to continue to assume he didn't touch her.

Good...

I mean that. You admit its an assumption. I keep forgetting that your not one of those on the board that produce assumptions and try to say they are "facts."

I too, am assume he is innocent. I just think the story has a little too much of a ring of truth to it. However, that too, is an assumption on my part.

It is nice however, to have a disagreement like this without being flamed, isn't it? Guess if we were discussing Willie P., one of us would have to start flaming the other!! :chuckle:

Godfather
08-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Um yeah...I'm trying to tell you guys, you need to got to doctor, Alba has herpes.

That's why I nailed a look-alike instead. She told me her name was Rhonda Honduras.

mesaSteeler
08-11-2009, 06:57 AM
Roethlisberger attorneys go on offensive
Accuser's mental status attacked in court filing in sex-assault lawsuit

Tuesday, August 11, 2009
By Dan Majors, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

In their first legal response to the civil lawsuit accusing Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault, attorneys for the Steelers quarterback argue that his accuser never filed a police report, boasted of having consensual sex with him, timed the lawsuit to capitalize on media attention, and suffered a psychological breakdown after having an affair with a married man.

The counter-accusations were contained in a motion filed in Reno, Nev., by Mr. Roethlisberger's newly expanded legal team seeking a change of venue to the Lake Tahoe area.

The accuser, a 31-year-old employee of Harrah's Lake Tahoe, claims Mr. Roethlisberger assaulted her while staying at the casino-hotel for a celebrity golf tournament in July 2008. She also named eight Harrah's employees in her lawsuit.

The Post-Gazette does not name alleged victims of sexual assault.

Although attorneys involved with the case would not comment, the filing speaks for itself. In it, Mr. Roethlisberger's legal team strongly discounts the plaintiff's accusations.

"More than a year later, [the plaintiff] -- having filed no police report (in stark contrast to her recent seeking police assistance for alleged prank calls) -- and by her own admission, suffering from significant psychological problems -- filed her baseless complaint in this matter, falsely alleging that she had been sexually assaulted by Mr. Roethlisberger," the motion states.

"This false and slanderous claim was directly contrary to the story that plaintiff had previously told. She never told her parents that she had been assaulted by Mr. Roethlisberger. Plaintiff never told her co-workers, including her mentor, that she had been harmed or battered by Mr. Roethlisberger. To the contrary, she boasted to her friends and co-workers that she had consensual sexual relations with Mr. Roethlisberger and was happy about that. Plaintiff was also not afraid or apprehensive about the prospect of an unplanned pregnancy, but expressed to others that she hoped that she was pregnant by Mr. Roethlisberger."

The filing also targets the timing of the lawsuit, "which coincided with the opening of professional football training camps, events which garner the attention of the national media ... and the deliberate delay predictably and purposefully prejudiced Mr. Roethlisberger by depriving him of an opportunity to thoroughly gather evidence to rebut plaintiff's false and vicious claims."

The lawsuit "is designed to exploit Mr. Roethlisberger's celebrity status," and her lawyers hope to use the news media to boost their case, the motion states.

"Plaintiff and her publicity-seeking lawyers plainly intend to employ a 'Nifong' strategy in this case," the filing states. "[They] seek to have the press republish these false and salacious allegations in an effort to abuse the judicial process in hope of securing an extortionate payday. Again, plaintiff explained to her colleagues that this was her plan."

North Carolina District Attorney Michael B. Nifong was the prosecutor in the 2006 rape case against members of the Duke University men's lacrosse team. He was disbarred and found guilty of criminal contempt, and the case against the players was dropped.

Finally, the filing states, "[The plaintiff's] problems -- lack of job security, need for medical benefits, need for treatment, increasing debt and lack of income -- have nothing whatsoever to do with Mr. Roethlisberger. They are the result of her inability to do her job and her difficulty with employees of Harrah's.

"Her psychological breakdown appears to be the sad by-product of an affair with a married man whose wife apparently concocted a scheme to have plaintiff fall in love with a fictional soldier and be abandoned by him to create heartbreak and instability."

The matter of the "fictional soldier" was laid out in an eight-page affidavit filed Friday by Angela Antonetti, a former co-worker and friend of Mr. Roethlisberger's accuser.

According to Ms. Antonetti, the plaintiff had had a relationship with a married man named "Fritz," which ended in the summer of 2007, after the man's wife found out about it.

Later that year, Ms. Antonetti testified, the plaintiff told co-workers of having an online romance with a soldier in Iraq named "Ben." In late 2007, the plaintiff discussed falling in love with "Soldier Ben" and her plans to marry him upon his return from Iraq.

In September 2008, two months after the golf tournament at which the alleged encounter with Mr. Roethlisberger occurred, the plaintiff told Ms. Antonetti "she had discovered that Soldier Ben was a fabricated hoax and that Soldier Ben did not exist. [The plaintiff] told me that she had received an e-mail from Soldier Ben's e-mail account that said, 'Gotcha.' "

Ms. Antonetti said the plaintiff told her that "Soldier Ben" had been the fictitious creation of the wife of "Fritz."

It was after that, the filing by Mr. Roethlisberger's attorneys points out, that the plaintiff began to suffer breakdowns that required hospitalization.

The change-of-venue request was filed at 4:45 p.m. Friday in Second Judicial District Court in Washoe County but was not posted online until yesterday. It was submitted by attorney John Echeverria, of Reno, who has joined Mr. Roethlisberger's legal team because of a requirement that a member of the Nevada Bar Association be part of court proceedings in the state.

William David Cornwell Sr., of DNK Cornwell LLC in Atlanta, is the lead attorney for Mr. Roethlisberger's defense. With Mr. Echeverria's attachment, Mr. Cornwell will have permission to practice law in Nevada for this case only.

Joining Mr. Cornwell and Mr. Echeverria are two partners from Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, a high-profile international law firm based in San Francisco. They are Rollin B. Chippey II, and Franklin Brockway Gowdy, who has represented sports agent Leigh Steinberg.

All attorneys involved referred questions to Mr. Cornwell, who could not be reached for comment yesterday. Calvin R.X. Dunlap, the Reno-based attorney for Mr. Roethlisberger's accuser, declined to comment.

The change-of-venue request argues that the case should be tried in Douglas County (Lake Tahoe) rather than Washoe County (Reno), and that the plaintiff is engaged in "a transparent attempt at venue shopping."

"Plaintiff is a resident of Douglas County," the filing states. "The events which give rise to her claims occurred in Douglas County. Douglas County is also where virtually all of the defendants and key witnesses reside."

The filing also cites law that says once the demand for a change of venue is filed, "the plaintiff has the burden of proving that the county in which the action is filed is indeed a proper venue."

Dan Majors can be reached at dmajors@post-gazette.com or 412-263-1456.
First published on August 11, 2009 at 12:00 am

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09223/990028-66.stm#ixzz0NsIKb4VM

The_WARDen
08-11-2009, 07:06 AM
Unleash the hounds!

mesaSteeler
08-11-2009, 07:12 AM
Unleash the hounds!

"Cry Havoc and let slips the dogs of war." - Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare

siss
08-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Ben 1
McNutty 0

Kvnfaber
08-11-2009, 08:17 AM
Her case looks thinner everyday.

tucker6
08-11-2009, 09:36 AM

I normally agree with this policy, but since no criminal case exists, is she a victim?? Civil cases are about financial repercussions of past dealings between the two parties, but no victims or perpetrators need be claimed. I know that sounds picky, but she is not claiming status as a victim. She wants money for mental anguish due to a past encounter with Ben, but isn't claiming it as crinminal behavoir. As such, her name should be in print.

siss
08-11-2009, 09:52 AM
In a scenario where one of the other plaintiffs settles and she drops the case, will people still think of Ben as liable (guilty) knowing what is known now about the case? Or does the case have to be thrown out in court for him to be seen as not liable ( Guilty? not sure what word to use because its not a criminal case) and do you think he might still see a suspension from Goodell if the others settle out of court?
This has been discussed here before, but with the new stuff coming out, things have kind of changed.

The_WARDen
08-11-2009, 10:06 AM
In a scenario where one of the other plaintiffs settles and she drops the case, will people still think of Ben as liable (guilty) knowing what is known now about the case? Or does the case have to be thrown out in court for him to be seen as not liable ( Guilty? not sure what word to use because its not a criminal case) and do you think he might still see a suspension from Goodell if the others settle out of court?
This has been discussed here before, but with the new stuff coming out, things have kind of changed.

if Goodell tries to suspend him for this fiasco, the worthless players' union had better step up for a change and challenge that bullsh*t!

fansince'76
08-11-2009, 10:21 AM
if Goodell tries to suspend him for this fiasco, the worthless players' union had better step up for a change and challenge that bullsh*t!

Goodell's decree: 8-week suspension for Ben and 3 additional 1st round picks for the Pats.

klick81
08-11-2009, 10:30 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_a3CLgAuAq8k/R5U_PfzOo2I/AAAAAAAADcI/_1fzNwNNreg/s400/release-the-hounds.jpg

SteelMember
08-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Goodell's decree: 8-week suspension for Ben and 3 additional 1st round picks for the Pats.

but bill really prefers 2nd rounders, and that way it won't look as obvious. :rolleyes:

TackleMeBen
08-11-2009, 01:19 PM
it really does look like he is gearing up to fight this all the way to trial. (my sister says he is stupid if he takes it to trial) i am glad to see he wants to clear his name, and next time be careful on what you invite into your bed:chuckle:

siss
08-11-2009, 01:24 PM
it really does look like he is gearing up to fight this all the way to trial. (my sister says he is stupid if he takes it to trial) i am glad to see he wants to clear his name, and next time be careful on what you invite into your bed:chuckle:
Why does she say that? What is her reasoning?

TackleMeBen
08-11-2009, 01:26 PM
besides the fact that she is a jet fan, she works for a bunch of attorneys and said b/c its not only going to cost a fortune he is going to have to give up a lot of time. there are depositions so much pre trial stuff

steelreserve
08-11-2009, 01:48 PM
besides the fact that she is a jet fan, she works for a bunch of attorneys and said b/c its not only going to cost a fortune he is going to have to give up a lot of time. there are depositions so much pre trial stuff

So let me get this straight ... she thinks it's smarter to just let anyone who sues you have whatever they want because you can't be bothered to put up a fight? If that's the case, it points to a broken legal system, nothing else.

TackleMeBen
08-11-2009, 01:53 PM
So let me get this straight ... she thinks it's smarter to just let anyone who sues you have whatever they want because you can't be bothered to put up a fight? If that's the case, it points to a broken legal system, nothing else.
in this case she does, which is why we have been arguing..lol. i tend to think if he is innocent as he claims then he should fight it all the way and i am sure he isnt really going to miss a few bucks to pay for a legal team.

this is what she just said to me:
my reasoning is just make it go away. she clearly wants $
and civil trials drag you through the mud
they are going to investigate every chick he ever porked(trust me they will investigate everything)
oh you can put up a figth but expect it to cost you a fortune.
that's why people settle out of court like kobe did
I just hope he is ready I mean he already has a "team" of lawyers its will be cheaper to settle
yes but that will take a hit b/c he will come off like a manprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterpr ofanityfilterprofanityfilter womanizer
this is going to be tricky b/c he has a history of doing women he hardly knows
some but most don't schedule them at 20 minute intervals(this came for something she read saying that he schedules his women every 20mins or so)

4xSBChamps
08-11-2009, 02:01 PM

sorry-to-say, but the Can't Understand Normal Thinking is probably correct in her assessment of today's legal system

siss
08-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Can't you make the same argument for her as well? They could just as easily drag her through the mud...and Ben has more money then her.

TackleMeBen
08-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Can't you make the same argument for her as well? They could just as easily drag her through the mud...and Ben has more money then her.

yes and she clearly doesn't care about being drag through the mud b/c there are already those stories about her and that sailor or whatever.

and its simple he pays her or he will pay this team of laywers and deal w/the distractions and mud slinging

Psyychoward86
08-11-2009, 02:44 PM
but bill really prefers 2nd rounders, and that way it won't look as obvious. :rolleyes:

:chuckle:

stlrtruck
08-11-2009, 02:49 PM
yes and she clearly doesn't care about being drag through the mud b/c there are already those stories about her and that sailor or whatever.

and its simple he pays her or he will pay this team of laywers and deal w/the distractions and mud slinging

if he's innocent, then it's worth the price of the lawyers and I'm sure he's already got the on retainer. His "team" should be able to handle the majority of the case without bothering Ben, or why else does he pay them.

TackleMeBen
08-11-2009, 02:53 PM
he's goig to have to give depositions and trust me those can drag on and on.they will ask you the same ? 30 different ways to frustrate you and then try and use those answers against you if you slip up on the stand in court.

siss
08-11-2009, 02:58 PM
he's goig to have to give depositions and trust me those can drag on and on.they will ask you the same ? 30 different ways to frustrate you and then try and use those answers against you if you slip up on the stand in court.
Ben has been trained by the media for that already. I'm sure he will do just fine and he can be very charming and humble when he puts his mind to it.

steelreserve
08-11-2009, 03:01 PM
sorry-to-say, but the Can't Understand Normal Thinking is probably correct in her assessment of today's legal system

Well, yeah, duh. Why else was the amount of money she's asking for right in the "sweet spot" where it might be cheaper to settle? Especially as far as suing the hotel is concerned?

If you can find a lawyer who works on contingency, it basically lets you play the legal system like the lottery.

TackleMeBen
08-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Ben has been trained by the media for that already. I'm sure he will do just fine and he can be very charming and humble when he puts his mind to it.
all the training in the world won't prepare you to be peppered over and over again w/the same ?

trust me these attorney will wear you out,they put you in a room and pepper you all day w/the same ?'s and you will get frustrated

Preacher
08-11-2009, 03:55 PM

I normally agree with this policy, but since no criminal case exists, is she a victim?? Civil cases are about financial repercussions of past dealings between the two parties, but no victims or perpetrators need be claimed. I know that sounds picky, but she is not claiming status as a victim. She wants money for mental anguish due to a past encounter with Ben, but isn't claiming it as crinminal behavoir. As such, her name should be in print.

No, I disagree... matter of fact, it should go the other way. Neither party should be in the press until it is over.

stillers4me
08-11-2009, 04:57 PM
No, I disagree... matter of fact, it should go the other way. Neither party should be in the press until it is over.

I agree. She should be referred to as the Harrah's emplyoyee and he should be referred to as Pittsburgh's 2 time superbowl winning quarterback, just to keep everybody anonymous. :chuckle:

siss
08-11-2009, 05:07 PM
I don't think she should be thought of as a victim at all. She clearly wants money and is making it harder for real victims to report crimes against them.

And if neither party is to be named then Ben should just be called franchise and she can be Crazy B!tch!

TackleMeBen
08-11-2009, 06:01 PM
I don't think she should be thought of as a victim at all. She clearly wants money and is making it harder for real victims to report crimes against them.

And if neither party is to be named then Ben should just be called franchise and she can be Crazy B!tch!
that just made me think of that song by buckcherry..

You're a crazy b!tch but you f so good I'm on top of it
When I dream I'm doing you all night scratches all down my back
to keep me right on
Take it off, the paper is your game
jump in bed with fame another one night paid in full

i dont know why i thought of that song, but some it seems to fit.:chuckle:

Preacher
08-11-2009, 06:06 PM
The interesting thing here, is that if neither are to be mentioned, then there is no way to report it, because no one will care about it. No, "Professional football player" No, "Pittsbrugh Steeler QB" Nothing.

SImply Defendant and Accuser.

Who would care to read that? No one.

Think about it. If McNulty is only in this for the money, chances are she thought that she could get Ben to pay out before the start of camp. It would be the PUBLIC IMAGE that would make him pay out.

If this was the case, no one would know about it. So what pressure would he have to pay out before camp started? None.

TackleMeBen
08-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Preacher is absolutely right. She and her lawyer knew exactly what they were doing about when to file papers and serve ben with the lawsuit.

siss
08-11-2009, 07:07 PM
that just made me think of that song by buckcherry..

You're a crazy b!tch but you f so good I'm on top of it
When I dream I'm doing you all night scratches all down my back
to keep me right on
Take it off, the paper is your game
jump in bed with fame another one night paid in full

i dont know why i thought of that song, but some it seems to fit.:chuckle:

Thats her theme song right there!

TackleMeBen
08-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Thats her theme song right there!
you really should go look up all the lyrics..lol :chuckle:,i think you would definately agree it could be a theme song for some women

mmalone
08-12-2009, 12:42 PM
SImply Defendant and Accuser.

with the other girl stating that McNulty bragged of her 'Ben' time.....

this story and suit will be over quickly. its dead already...

siss
08-12-2009, 01:33 PM
with the other girl stating that McNulty bragged of her 'Ben' time.....

this story and suit will be over quickly. its dead already...

Hopefully a judge will throw it out.

TackleMeBen
08-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Hopefully a judge will throw it out.

unless he is a cardinals fan :chuckle:

siss
08-12-2009, 02:36 PM
unless he is a cardinals fan :chuckle:
or a Raider fan!
Tahoe is Raider/Niner territory!

TackleMeBen
08-12-2009, 03:46 PM
or a Raider fan!
Tahoe is Raider/Niner territory!
as long as he doesnt pull a 'mike singletary' i think he might be ok:chuckle:

alittlejazzbird
08-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Get a load of THIS:

http://www.rgj.com/assets/pdf/J7140734818.PDF

Game. Set. Match. Roethlisberger.

OneForTheToe
08-18-2009, 06:15 PM
Wow that definitely hurts her case as long as Ben's attorney can authenticate that she indeed made the statements.

steelreserve
08-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Get a load of THIS:

ohhhhhhhhhh boy. Now if THAT doesn't prove she's crazy, I don't know what does.

Wasn't that "online boyfriend" actually the suspicious wife of some married guy she was banging? I wonder if that's how they got the chat logs. Talk about your past mistakes coming back to haunt you. :rofl:

TackleMeBen
08-18-2009, 06:26 PM
and the fact that one of the defendents in the case is asking that lawsuit be thrown out too... this isnt looking good for her now.

stillers4me
08-18-2009, 06:28 PM
:celebrate: Paydirt!

alittlejazzbird
08-18-2009, 06:46 PM
ohhhhhhhhhh boy. Now if THAT doesn't prove she's crazy, I don't know what does.

Wasn't that "online boyfriend" actually the suspicious wife of some married guy she was banging? I wonder if that's how they got the chat logs. Talk about your past mistakes coming back to haunt you. :rofl:

The chats did indeed come from the fake boyfriend if you look at the records (dang, I'd LOVE to read the deposition testimony of that married guy's wife -- she had some kind of imagination to set that whole thing up).

And the e-mails came from her Harrah's e-mail account. This is why, when the IT folks at work say not to use work e-mail for personal stuff, everyone should listen. Anything from your work e-mail can be used against you in a civil proceeding if your employer is trying to protect itself.

Bye bye, nutcase!

Godfather
08-18-2009, 06:59 PM
The chats did indeed come from the fake boyfriend if you look at the records (dang, I'd LOVE to read the deposition testimony of that married guy's wife -- she had some kind of imagination to set that whole thing up).

And the e-mails came from her Harrah's e-mail account. This is why, when the IT folks at work say not to use work e-mail for personal stuff, everyone should listen. Anything from your work e-mail can be used against you in a civil proceeding if your employer is trying to protect itself.

Bye bye, nutcase!

Or she'll add the IT department as defendants and accuse them of faking the emails and the chats.

TackleMeBen
08-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Godfather, please dont give this whacked out nutjob any ideas. :chuckle:

mesaSteeler
08-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Roethlisberger co-defendant seeks dismissal from suit
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
By Jonathan D. Silver, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09230/991627-100.stm

A defendant in the Nevada lawsuit against Ben Roethlisberger and eight current or former Harrah's Lake Tahoe employees has asked a court to dismiss the counts against her.

Stacy Dingman was sued by a former Harrah's colleague for intentional infliction of emotional distress, invasion of privacy, trespass, defamation and conspiracy.

The counts were part of a broad suit filed July 17 by a 31-year-old Harrah's employee who alleged that the Steelers quarterback raped her in his hotel room during a celebrity golf tournament last summer and that her co-workers helped cover it up.

Mr. Roethlisberger has denied the allegations.

Ms. Dingman, who is described in her filing yesterday in Washoe County, Nev., as the plaintiff's former best friend, is accused of making "false and scurrilous" claims about the plaintiff in connection with the alleged sexual assault by Mr. Roethlisberger.

Ms. Dingman's lawyer has asked all counts against her to be dismissed or, barring that, for the plaintiff to provide more details to back up the allegations against her.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette does not name alleged victims of sexual assault.

First published on August 18, 2009 at 12:34 pm

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09230/991627-100.stm#ixzz0OZeXrsCP

mesaSteeler
08-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Get a load of THIS:

Damn Straight! The lying wh*re McNutty is toast. Nice find by the way. Thanks for posting it.

7SteelGal43
08-18-2009, 08:20 PM

Bye bye, nutcase!

Let's here it for online love and fake boyfriends !!!!!! Who'd have thunk a scorned wife would unwittingly end up proving Bens innocence. :drink:

LukesDad88
08-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Ok, so hopefully this gets dismissed pretty quickly. What then? Let the story die? Do one press conference to clear the air and get it behind him? Go after her hard in the media and/or court?

stillers4me
08-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Ok, so hopefully this gets dismissed pretty quickly. What then? Let the story die? Do one press conference to clear the air and get it behind him? Go after her hard in the media and/or court?

Go on to win his 3rd superbowl and 1st MVP?

fansince'76
08-18-2009, 08:35 PM

Even though I doubt it happens, I hope he goes after her hard in the media and/or court.

Preacher
08-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Even though I doubt it happens, I hope he goes after her hard in the media and/or court.

Court... that is exactly what he should do. Though it is probably just as if not harder for him to sue and win.

MasterOfPuppets
08-18-2009, 08:40 PM
oh if i was him, i'd spend millions just to take everything i could from her and make her look like an ass......but i'm spiteful like that...:chuckle:

tony hipchest
08-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Court... that is exactly what he should do. Though it is probably just as if not harder for him to sue and win.
well, she aint got no money. maybe he can sue for another roll in the hay and bj from her.

:hunch:

stillers4me
08-18-2009, 08:42 PM
I'd rather he focused on football.

Let the Steelers Nation take care of the skank.

7SteelGal43
08-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Go on to win his 3rd superbowl and 1st MVP?

I like stillers idea best. :thmbup:

I'm not sure he should even hold another press conference, unless it's his attorney announcing the case had been thrown out or dropped by the accuser. Especially when the story itself hasn't been huge. I think Ben has handled himseslf in an exemplary fashion. I think NOT going after Ms Mcnutcase is the best idea.

7SteelGal43
08-18-2009, 08:51 PM
I know we in Steeler Nation are pissed, but really ? sue her ? trash her in the media ?

If Ben is the man I think he is, he won't go after Ms Mcnutcase, either in court OR the media. He'll put it behind him, focus on football, and bring home #7. WOOT.

fansince'76
08-18-2009, 08:52 PM
well, she aint got no money. maybe he can sue for another roll in the hay and bj from her.

:hunch:

Assuming the first roll in the hay wasn't as "real" as her soldier boy romance was.

LukesDad88
08-18-2009, 08:53 PM
And now, in addition to being named Ben, the fictional soldier looked like him>

tony hipchest
08-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Assuming the first roll in the hay wasn't as "real" as her soldier boy romance was.
at this point im wondering if the girl ben supposedly had up in the room and walked to the elevator was real.

either way, his lawyers definitely got a handle on things and its time for some football. :tt02:

ben should just let bygones be bygones and donate her to the reno police dept.

alittlejazzbird
08-18-2009, 09:03 PM

I think I agree with you. At first, I just assumed he hooked up with her and things didn't develop the way she wanted. But now I'm wondering if maybe she didn't make up the entire thing, including the sex.

HometownGal
08-18-2009, 09:57 PM
I hope McNutty ends up with a bad case of v-warts.

That is all.

devilsdancefloor
08-18-2009, 10:03 PM
:tt03: i think i lost a few points of IQ reading that hopefully it is temporary..

Texasteel
08-18-2009, 10:03 PM

I'm convinced this girl has NO idea what is real and what is not.

7SteelGal43
08-18-2009, 10:21 PM

That is all.

:jawdrop:

:toofunny:

43Hitman
08-18-2009, 10:41 PM

That is all.

:shake01: :pde: :puke:

That's nasty :chuckle:

TackleMeBen
08-19-2009, 11:58 AM
just because this has come out, you all realize that she isnt going to just drop this case. i am going to have to agree with my sister and say that this case will move forward.

revefsreleets
08-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Gets weaker every day...and there wasn't much to start with...

siss
08-19-2009, 12:05 PM
This shirt is dedicated to Miss. Mcnutty http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/gnawing-through-straps.html

Dino 6 Rings
08-19-2009, 12:06 PM

Is that what she's alleging in the first place? :flap:

7SteelGal43
08-19-2009, 12:20 PM
This shirt is dedicated to Miss. Mcnutty http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/gnawing-through-straps.html

"Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints"

pancake
08-19-2009, 12:26 PM
I like stillers idea best. :thmbup:

I'm not sure he should even hold another press conference, unless it's his attorney announcing the case had been thrown out or dropped by the accuser. Especially when the story itself hasn't been huge. I think Ben has handled himseslf in an exemplary fashion. I think NOT going after Ms Mcnutcase is the best idea.

I agree with you. I think Ben should take the high road and just move on when this is dropped. (and it will be) I feel sorry for this girl, she has problems and needs help.

Big Ben needs to just worry about football!

TackleMeBen
08-19-2009, 12:26 PM
good observation there. so whats next, she is going to sue his fishies b/c they failed to do their job..lol. :rofl:

pancake
08-19-2009, 12:31 PM

:toofunny: Nice!!!! :rofl:

SteelMember
08-19-2009, 02:04 PM
This may have been posted in the PDF link earlier, but since I'm on a box with no reader...

Roethlisberger's lawyer releases e-mails in defense
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
By Dan Majors and Amy McConnell Schaarsmith, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Less than 24 hours after she claims she was sexually assaulted by Ben Roethlisberger, his accuser sent an e-mail saying she was preparing to go to dinner with the Steelers quarterback and a few others, according to Mr. Roethlisberger's lawyer.

The note was among nearly two dozen e-mails and more than 150 instant messages that were released yesterday by Mr. Roethlisberger's lawyer, William David Cornwell Sr., of Atlanta.

"This golf tournament has been really fun," the woman said in her e-mail discussing the celebrity golf tournament Mr. Roethlisberger was attending in Lake Tahoe, Nev. "I am beat though because we are out until four in the morning by the time we are done.

"I am really excited because we are all going to see Journey tonight and that will be sooooo much fun. Speaking of which, I need to head over to a dinner with [Mr. Roethlisberger] and a few others before heading out. I will be back and working until at least 3am again."

The e-mails' tone and contents, Mr. Cornwell said, "prove she was not raped by Ben Roethlisberger."

Calvin R.X. Dunlap, the Reno, Nev.-based attorney for the plaintiff, did not return a request for comment last night. The Post-Gazette does not name alleged victims of sexual assault.

Mr. Roethlisberger has been sued in a civil complaint by a 31-year-old employee of Harrah's Lake Tahoe, who alleged that he raped her in his hotel room during a celebrity golf tournament last summer. The woman also sued eight co-workers who she said helped cover it up.

In her complaint, the plaintiff said the assault occurred "at or about 10:40 p.m." on July 11, 2008. The e-mail discussing the dinner with Mr. Roethlisberger and others was time-stamped at 6:43 p.m. the next day.

Mr. Cornwell said in a statement that "sexual assault cases often hinge on 'she said, he said,' " and the e-mails from Mr. Roethlisberger's accuser "directly refute the scurrilous allegations made in her complaint."

When asked about the authenticity of the e-mails that he released to news outlets, Mr. Cornwell replied in an e-mail to the Post-Gazette: "We have a good-faith basis to believe that these are [the plaintiff's] communications."

In a request for a change of venue filed in Reno, Nev., last week, Mr. Roethlisberger's attorneys pointed to a series of e-mails between the plaintiff and "a fictional soldier" that they said led to her having a "psychological breakdown."

According to an eight-page affidavit filed by Angela Antonetti, a former co-worker and friend of Mr. Roethlisberger's accuser, the online relationship was a hoax played upon the accuser by the wife of a married man with whom she'd had an affair.

"Soldier Ben," in the e-mails, is identified as the fictitious "Ben Millikan," who sent the plaintiff romantic and playful messages that led her to believe he would marry her upon his return from Iraq.

The e-mails released by Mr. Roethlisberger's lawyer begin July 9, two days before the woman claims she was raped, continue through the days after the alleged assault, and end five months later on Dec. 15.

Mr. Cornwell used the e-mails to point out what he said are contradictions between what Mr. Roethlisberger's accuser claims in her lawsuit and what she said in the exchanges with "Ben Millikan."

For example, he said, the accuser's complaint indicates that the alleged assault "took place on July 11, 2008, at or after 10:40 p.m." -- after which, she said, she left the building, "and went to her truck, in the parking lot, and drove away, very distraught and crying."

Yet in an e-mail to "Ben Millikan" at 12:41 a.m., about two hours later, Mr. Cornwell said, the plaintiff wrote: "aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh I finally got away."

In another e-mail nine minutes later, she wrote: "hahah I was just reading this and noticed you said 'tiored widdle bwue eyes ...' "

Mr. Cornwell also said, "Five months after she claims Mr. Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her, [the plaintiff] apparently tells Ben Millikan: 'I would date Ben Roethlisberger,'" if her online boyfriend and she broke up.

When "Ben Millikan" makes light of her claim, she informs him, "I'm dead serious. ... [Mr. Roethlisberger] said he would take me to this place he has in Wyoming and they horseback into this fishing hole and camp."

Mr. Cornwell said the e-mails "are merely the tip of the investigative iceberg" and that the plaintiff "should abandon her lawsuit immediately and admit that Ben Roethlisberger did not rape her."

In a court filing Monday in Reno, an attorney for Stacy Dingman, one of the Harrah's employees sued in the case, asked a court to dismiss the counts against her. Ms. Dingman, who no longer works for Harrah's, was sued by her former co-worker for intentional infliction of emotional distress, invasion of privacy, trespass, defamation and conspiracy.

Read more: http://postgazette.com/pg/09231/991790-66.stm#ixzz0OepCaJGs

HometownGal
08-19-2009, 04:28 PM
http://www.magic.org/store/images/redTop.jpg

Fire Haley
08-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Send her gold-diggin ass to jail.

siss
08-19-2009, 08:04 PM
She should face extortion charges.

HometownGal
08-19-2009, 08:10 PM
She should face extortion charges.

AFTER she has her hoo haa sewn shut.

I can't STAND women like her who will do anything and everything for attention and/or money. They don't give a flying shit whose lives they ruin and it infuriates me. :mad: