PDA

View Full Version : The 2 Man Front

steelcityjameser
01-15-2006, 11:10 AM
When employed by New England last year it seemed to be the most effective defense against the Colts. I know the Steelers have used it sporadically this year and I was wondering about how effective our defense could be in employing it. Manning destroys the conventional blitz with his unconventional style of offense. Maybe we need to employ some unconventional tactics ourselves. Just a thought.

clevestinks
01-15-2006, 11:21 AM
Good points! I think its something that Cowher would probably do? We do`nt get that much pressure with our D-linemen anyway! Why not try something to mix it up!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2006, 11:25 AM
I say we take a page out of the chargers handbook.... if we can do that we'll be ok. The key is to pressure manning... you can have 9 DB's out there and he'll still find a way to complete a pass. Manning is a guy that if u get him on the run, outta the pocket, chase him, knock him down, he'll rattle.

TasmanianTroy271
01-15-2006, 11:27 AM
we're kind of depleted at LB though, If we had Haggans, Foote, Farrior, Porter, and Harrison in, it'd be great, but we'll have to put in either Kriewaldt or Frazier... I dunno how good that'd turn out... Plus, we've all seen what Kimo can do if you leave him in... :P

clevestinks
01-15-2006, 12:01 PM
I say we take a page out of the chargers handbook.... if we can do that we'll be ok. The key is to pressure manning... you can have 9 DB's out there and he'll still find a way to complete a pass. Manning is a guy that if u get him on the run, outta the pocket, chase him, knock him down, he'll rattle.
Totally agreed! We need to pressure like the second half of last weeks game!

Get to manning! Get to manning! here We Go Steelers!