PDA

View Full Version : 12" Ben's figure

SteelersMongol
07-22-2009, 07:39 AM
http://www.spawn.com/toys/football/other/12broethlisberger/images/other_12broethlisberger_photo_01_dp.jpg

Here is the 12" Ben Roethlisberger's figure's look. Was really excited about it, but now looking at it, not so much anymore.

steelersfanman92
07-22-2009, 08:01 AM
It has the wrong facemask...

Carolina Steelers
07-22-2009, 04:17 PM
I agree not so good. And yes that facemask looks funny on Ben thats the facemask that Hines needs

Allstar
07-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Yeah this one will need modified but I'll probably pic up a few and make the corrections to it. It is exact copy of the Tom Brady minus the new head. Why can't these guys come up with some new sculpts

Hobbes
11-16-2009, 06:01 PM
I found one of these today at my local Toys R Us and picked it up. They have corrected the facemask to the double center bar.

Hobbes
11-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Here is a photo from my desk

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5672/12ben.jpg

NJarhead
11-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Looks more like James Hetfield.

Vincent
11-20-2009, 02:04 PM
I found one of these today at my local Toys R Us and picked it up. They have corrected the facemask to the double center bar.

I saw one in our local Toys. First 12" figure I've seen. They wanted $59.95 for it. Pass. What did your Toys want for it?

Got it from Toys online for $29.95. Arrived today. Day-hum it's huge. Must weigh 5 pounds. Dwarfs all the 6" figures.

Very impressive and well worth 3 Hamiltons.

Hobbes
11-20-2009, 11:05 PM
The Toys R Us here was $29.99
I also have the Bettis 12"

Vincent
11-21-2009, 09:37 AM
I also have the Bettis 12"

Those fetch 10 Hamiltons or more these days. I'll grab one when I win Powerball. :chuckle:

I got a 12" LT that I plan to make a Mendy out of sometime this winter. Might grab an Elway for cheap as well and do a Bradshaw.

beSteelmyheart
12-14-2009, 08:00 PM
The face is all wrong & the arms are waaaaay too big & veiney.

SMR
01-31-2010, 10:48 AM
Hi!
I have a 12" Roethlisberger McFarlane and he is wearing the home black jersey. I want to do a custom yellow jersey variation. I have acrylic paint and I hope that is the one to use? What are the steps should I take to make the turn the black jersey into yellow? Should I use like white paint or primer first and then paint yellow over it or what? I've also heard about clear acrylic sealer matte. I don't want to be missing anything or getting the wrong things or even doing the wrong steps! Please help me out with this. I want to ask others for advice too because I am very serious about wanting to do the best job I can possibly do.

Allstar
01-31-2010, 03:43 PM
Hi!
I have a 12" Roethlisberger McFarlane and he is wearing the home black jersey. I want to do a custom yellow jersey variation. I have acrylic paint and I hope that is the one to use? What are the steps should I take to make the turn the black jersey into yellow? Should I use like white paint or primer first and then paint yellow over it or what? I've also heard about clear acrylic sealer matte. I don't want to be missing anything or getting the wrong things or even doing the wrong steps! Please help me out with this. I want to ask others for advice too because I am very serious about wanting to do the best job I can possibly do.

pm sent

Hobbes
02-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Hi!

Replied to your PM as well

SMR
02-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Thank you all for replying to me PM. I got all the advice I needed and will commence on my little project.
:helmet:

Carolina Steelers
02-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Thank you all for replying to me PM. I got all the advice I needed and will commence on my little project.
:helmet:

Keep us posted!!

SteelersMongol
02-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Hi!

Make sure U show us the pic when U'r done. :wink02: