PDA

View Full Version : When will Ben speak?

Burghfan58
07-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Is this going to be one of those "my attorney told me to not discuss this" or will he issue a statement as to his position in this mess. The sooner he comes out of hiding the better. IMO:tt03:

TackleMeBen
07-22-2009, 05:37 PM
he probably wont say anything and if does it will be through his attorney. you wouldnt want him saying something that her lawyer can take and run with. i prefer it if he did stay in hiding until TC and it gets figured out. although i have a really bad feeling he will end up paying her off.

Burghfan58
07-22-2009, 05:43 PM
he probably wont say anything and if does it will be through his attorney. you wouldnt want him saying something that her lawyer can take and run with. i prefer it if he did stay in hiding until TC and it gets figured out. although i have a really bad feeling he will end up paying her off.

It just seems to me (even if he remains silent) that it would be good to see him out and about and appearing positive rather than in seclusion.

TackleMeBen
07-22-2009, 05:45 PM
It just seems to me (even if he remains silent) that it would be good to see him out and about and appearing positive rather than in seclusion.

i understand what you are saying, however with this being out in the media, i am sure they are camping out in front of his house if they are able. so him staying in seclusion might be a good thing. oh and a note to ben: do not play in golf tournements again in certain areas

Dino 6 Rings
07-22-2009, 05:46 PM
He can basically only say two things

1. "I did have a sexual relationship with this woman but it was consensual"

Or

2. "She's a nutbag, I never touched her."

I'd prefer that #2 was true. But if #1 is true I hope he doesn't turn around and later say something like "I understand now how she sees that it wasn't consensual"

stillers4me
07-22-2009, 05:51 PM
He needs to keep his mouth shut. Anything he says can be used against him.

TackleMeBen
07-22-2009, 05:54 PM
He needs to keep his mouth shut.

and his pants zipped.. sorry i couldnt resist it..lol

steelreserve
07-22-2009, 06:32 PM
He can basically only say two things

1. "I did have a sexual relationship with this woman but it was consensual"

Or

2. "She's a nutbag, I never touched her."

I'd prefer that #2 was true. But if #1 is true I hope he doesn't turn around and later say something like "I understand now how she sees that it wasn't consensual"

If it's #1, I think his best option would be to issue a statement bitching about how lousy she was in the sack.

... wait. Not that.

MasterOfPuppets
07-22-2009, 06:43 PM
maybe there hoping he'll deny it, then pull out a ben speckled pair of undies or shirt or something....:doh:

7SteelGal43
07-22-2009, 06:51 PM
maybe there hoping he'll deny it, then pull out a ben speckled pair of undies or shirt or something....:doh:

ewwwww a year is a long time to keep a pair of dirty panties.

BlastFurnace
07-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Just as long as he isn't looking straight into the camera and pointing at it saying "I never had..."

Preacher
07-22-2009, 06:58 PM
He'd be foolish to say anything... except something like, I am just waiting for it to be over.

MasterOfPuppets
07-22-2009, 07:01 PM
ewwwww a year is a long time to keep a pair of dirty panties.
didn't monica keep a gonad gravy speckled dress for a year ? ...she probably just stuck em to the wall next to a calender....:laughing:

RoethlisBURGHer
07-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Just as long as he isn't looking straight into the camera and pointing at it saying "I never had..."

:rofl:

I think if he does make a public statement, it will basically be written by his lawyer.

I just wanna which photo is the one he supposedly assaulted, horseface or the good looking girl.

TackleMeBen
07-22-2009, 07:23 PM
didn't monica keep a gonad gravy speckled dress for a year ? ...she probably just stuck em to the wall next to a calender....:laughing:
that is just plain out gross..:puke:

SteelCityKing
07-22-2009, 07:30 PM
i don't see any truth to any of this. period. and i'm not just saying that because i love Ben Roethlisberger, the Steelers, and our hometown team. i'm not saying that because i'm a total homer. i'm saying i don't believe it because it doesn't sit right in my guts and i just don't see it happening. it reeks of Kobe Bryant to me and he's off, free, rich, and winning ball games. nobody even remembers how deep he was in and soon enough, people will forget it happened to Ben...hopefully.

she filed the accusation a year after it supposedly happened and from what i've heard, they had a relationship that was consentual. meaning, they probably dated, knocked boots a lot, had a lover's spat, broke it off, and now she wants to make him look like a fool and burn his image down.

to me, it's a vindictive woman being just that. i hope that all of the truth comes to light and she gets charged with falsifying charges and gets slapped with some serious fines. poetically, the same amount of money she was suing him for.

it'll all blow over soon. i just really hope he steps up and makes a statement about all of this. granted, keeping your mouth shut is a good thing. it could keep you out of deeper trouble. but talking about it and expressing the truth is a great way to show people you aren't covering anything up and you've got nothing to hide. i'm hoping for a press conference by the end of the week of before training camp.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Expect a lot of "no comment" and "football related questions only" from Ben Roethlisberger at training camp.

TackleMeBen
07-22-2009, 08:24 PM
the steelers better start hiring ben's on personal PR person.. that way he wont be able to say anything stupid or incriminating. we all know he that has the tendency to put his foot in his mouth.

BlastFurnace
07-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Is Rosenhaus his agent....if so

"Next Question" will be heard alot

RoethlisBURGHer
07-22-2009, 08:56 PM
the steelers better start hiring ben's on personal PR person.. that way he wont be able to say anything stupid or incriminating. we all know he that has the tendency to put his foot in his mouth.

Can they simply just make him not available to the media, or at least instruct the media to ask questions only related to football?

There will be a PR person by Ben's side throughout camp at all times there is media available to ask him questions.

Living in Cleveland, at least I well get a lot of coverage of Steelers training camp.

Galax Steeler
07-23-2009, 04:35 AM
Expect a lot of "no comment" and "football related questions only" from Ben Roethlisberger at training camp.

I think that will be the best thing he can do.

JackHammer
07-23-2009, 05:51 AM

Well, as long as they don't hire that crazy lady who was working for T.O. We don't need to hear about Ben having 100 million reasons to not rape someone.....

HometownGal
07-23-2009, 08:25 AM
and his pants zipped.. sorry i couldnt resist it..lol

You sure wouldn't say that if you had the opportunity, would ya? :chuckle:

I agree with stillers4me here - it's best for Ben to stay mum, at least for now, and let his attorney do what he is paid mega bucks to do.

TackleMeBen
07-23-2009, 09:43 AM
You sure wouldn't say that if you had the opportunity, would ya? :chuckle:

I agree with stillers4me here - it's best for Ben to stay mum, at least for now, and let his attorney do what he is paid mega bucks to do.
HECK NO!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: i would be like can we do it again..lol. i also wouldnt sue for sexual assault either if i was willing. and marianne, you know you wouldnt say that it was the punter..lol :chuckle:

i agree with you and stillers here, he should stay quite, and let his lawyer doing the talking. and that goes for family members too, they need to be quite and not say anything either.