PDA

View Full Version : WE DID IT.. FINALLY.. .NOW WE CAN SAY IT.. WE SHOCKED THE WORLD

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2006, 03:13 PM
WWAAAHHHOOO

WE BELIVED AND WE DID IT

HERE WE GO STEELERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

boLT fan
01-15-2006, 03:14 PM
Not so quick now...

SteelerzGirl
01-15-2006, 03:22 PM
We did it, baby! Woohoo! Us against the world! You gotta believe! THE Steelers ROCK!!! :bouncy:

Sharkissle29
01-15-2006, 03:24 PM
holy shit, what a stressful game

BlitzburghRockCity
Yeah I spoke too soon.. nobody woulda thought Jerome would have fumbled but we did it

WAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

boLT fan
You're welcome for the blueprint on how to beat the Colts.

Good Job Steelers. First 6th seed in Conference Champion game EVER.

:busted:

Eztarget
01-15-2006, 03:26 PM
The REFS went out of their way to give the games to the Colts but screw them we still WON!

One thing, how can Bettis NOT have two hands on that ball there? Wow! Pinch me.

MichiSteeler
01-15-2006, 03:27 PM
WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOBODY SAID WE COULD!!!!!!!!!! HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETTTS GOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! MY GOD! I prolly lost like 10 lbs worryin there. I thought it was ours on the goal-line... then the bus fumbles??? when does that happen? never.. Then he starts running i was like wow... there it goes.... But i had a feeling he'd miss that FG!!!

drizze99
01-15-2006, 03:28 PM
WOW! Talk about stress....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2006, 03:31 PM
My heart is still going so fast I can barely breathe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tt:

ngreene15
01-15-2006, 03:32 PM
Stresssed out to the max.... The last five minutes was just hell...We beat the Colts and the Refs today.

Indy never deserved to win that game.

#1SteelersFan
01-15-2006, 03:33 PM
WE DID IT !!!

HERE WE COME BRONCOS!!!

WE ARE TAKING THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP !!!

ALSO THE SUPERBOWL!!!

SteelerFanInATL
01-15-2006, 03:33 PM
Not so quick now...

What do you mean not so quick?The bolts didn't even make the playoffs.

boLT fan
01-15-2006, 03:34 PM
What do you mean not so quick?The bolts didn't even make the playoffs.

I didn't mean that as an insult. I was just saying he spoke too soon, seeing as Bettis fumbled right after he said that.

#1SteelersFan
01-15-2006, 03:36 PM
NFL IS NOW SELLING THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GEAR!!!

THEY SHOULD NOT WAIT TO SEND JUST SEND TO STEELERS FANS WE ARE WINNING WHY WAIT!!!

I.C. Lights
Stresssed out to the max.... The last five minutes was just hell...We beat the Colts and the Refs today.

Indy never deserved to win that game.

:rofl:
Why did we have to go through that crap just to win a game that we had in the bag? I'm really angry with the refs...OH well...

HOW 'BOUT BEN'S TACKLE?!?!?!?!

SteelerFanInATL
I didn't mean that as an insult. I was just saying he spoke too soon, seeing as Bettis fumbled right after he said that.

My bad, I apologize. I'm just alittle pumped up right now.

ngreene15
01-15-2006, 03:38 PM
:rofl:
Why did we have to go through that crap just to win a game that we had in the bag? I'm really angry with the refs...OH well...

HOW 'BOUT BEN'S TACKLE?!?!?!?!

The entire universe seemed to be against us.

MichiSteeler
01-15-2006, 03:41 PM
I just want to go up to every sports writer and announcer and journalist that picked indy and go "what was that?"

SteelerzGirl
01-15-2006, 03:43 PM
I just want to go up to every sports writer and announcer and journalist that picked indy and go "what was that?"

I just want to go up to every sports writer and announcer and journalist that picked indy and punch them in the mouth! :rofl:

SteelerDan43
01-15-2006, 03:44 PM
I think we have another great playoff moment..... The Tackle

rett8799
01-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Guys, this is the year! We are destined for a win in Detroit! What a game, it should not have been that close (refering to the Troy pick) bogus!

WAY TO GO STEELERS

Koopa
01-15-2006, 03:49 PM
I just want to go up to every sports writer and announcer and journalist that picked indy and punch them in the mouth! :rofl:

naw i think i would rather kick them in their left nut

SteelerDan43
01-15-2006, 03:50 PM

Cant we do both??

SteelCityMan786
01-15-2006, 03:50 PM
WE SHOCKED EM ALL!

shevdog
01-15-2006, 03:52 PM
The world doubted we can do it.

And we showed the world that Steelers never quit playing!

The Bus has 1 more stop to take before Detriot. All aboard to Denver!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2006, 03:55 PM
Hell yeah, right on Shev... We Believed !

FisherMOM
01-15-2006, 03:58 PM
THUMP THUMP THUMP!!!
MAN my heart hasn't beat so fast and hard in a long time during a football game~~
I am still recooperating! What a rollercoaster the last 5 minutes!

Awesome game Pittburgh...

Ya had to love seeing those terrible towels waving in that stadium!

:tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

Koopa
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Cant we do both??

no not yet we got to save the right one to kick when they all doubt us next week

SteelerzGirl
01-15-2006, 04:06 PM

Rep points to you, baby! I like your way better...(lol)! :bouncy:

clevestinks
01-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Thank God for the computer, because I can`t talk

wardsgirl86
01-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Its sweet sweet victory
And its ours for the taking!!

Damn, I love being right. We sure proved everyone wrong

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2006, 04:25 PM

Right on cleve,, my heat is still pounding my hands are sweaty and shaking.. i can barely type let alone talk. And my phone has been ringing off the hook !

SteelerzGirl
01-15-2006, 04:27 PM

It's ok, sweetie... (hands Cleve a lozenge) LOL

clevestinks
01-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Can`t wait for the newspapers, PTI, Sportscenter,Around the Horn, NFL Live, etc. Crow is on the menu tonite!

CASTEEL
01-15-2006, 04:36 PM
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I waited all game long to drink a beer, and I can't think of a time when I need it more to calm my nerves....... WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Crazy game and our boys did it!!!

One game at a time baby!!

:tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Right on CASTEEL.. I dont normally drink during the game, havent all year, cant start now.. but I need a cold one in the worst way.

figg
01-15-2006, 04:44 PM
Ben said after the game that the Steelers fans were great and that when Manning was trying to quiet down the crowd it was Steelers fans :nana:

Brady12
01-15-2006, 04:56 PM
I dont think Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl, sure you beat the Number 1 seed in the League, but business is not finished.

SteelersBaby80
01-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Man that was a great game...I'm gonna need to have an oxygen tank on standby next week.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

:tt:

DIESELMAN
01-15-2006, 05:08 PM
They stepped it up on both sides of the ball.........HELLUVA GAME!!!!!!!!!

2 down 2 more to go....:tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt:

SteelerDan43
01-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Can`t wait for the newspapers, PTI, Sportscenter,Around the Horn, NFL Live, etc. Crow is on the menu tonite!

With a side of Heinz ketchup!

AvoidLLoyd95
01-15-2006, 05:10 PM
I dont think Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl, sure you beat the Number 1 seed in the League, but business is not finished.
I don't see anyone here talking about Super Bowl yet. Nobody gave the Steelers any chance to win that game, and they won. We as fans deserve to celebrate a little. Yes there is one more game to win to get to the big dance, but that will come next week. Today, victory is ours!!!!!!1

Prosdo
01-15-2006, 05:19 PM
I think this is probably one of the sweetest Steelers victories. 10 point underdog. Terrible refs. Almost lost but still came out with the W.

Prosdo
01-15-2006, 05:20 PM
Tonight we celebrate. Tomorrow we focus on Denver.

SteelerDan43
01-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Tonight we celebrate. Tomorrow we focus on Denver.

Agreed! :helmet:

69ChargerRT
01-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Lets keep this in perspective folks....yeah...I'm happier than a pig in Sh%t but it is the playoffs.

Denver is no slouch....and with that said,

SUPERBOWL!!!!!!

YEAH BABY!

ALL FOR THE BUS...Don't you dare forget what this is about.

Prosdo
01-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Yep. You can never underestimate a team in the playoffs.

steelcurtain101
01-15-2006, 05:52 PM
wow what a scary game ! we played great though and we had the right formula to pull it all together detroit here we come!!!!!:bouncy:

steelcurtain101
01-15-2006, 05:54 PM
by the way ha ha ha bengals fans!!!!!

Da'Burgh
01-15-2006, 05:59 PM
What a great game! Even though they tried to rob us many times, we still won!!

I only had like 3 panic attacks during the game! :sofunny:

CASTEEL
01-15-2006, 06:08 PM
What a great game! Even though they tried to rob us many times, we still won!!

I only had like 3 panic attacks during the game! :sofunny:

Hehe.. my wife thought I was gonna cry when the Bus fumbled that ball.....hell, I thought I was gonna cry....

Helluva game! My blood pressure went sky high when that dumbarse ref was taking so long to review "the interception".... and when he came out and announced his "ruling", my god I thought I was done.......

Good game!!!

SteelersGal17
01-15-2006, 06:19 PM
woot!! we won, and I'm glad I stayed at my uncles for the whole game!!!!!!!!!! we showed them that we can beat the best in the league, and the score doesn't matter..what matters is that we showed them what we are made of and that we played our best game of the year, no doubt....they all played their best game and it shows how much heart and determination they give and show us on the field and possibly off the field.

But, GO STEELERS!!!

louisvillecards
01-15-2006, 06:26 PM
who ride we ride peyton

StillerPaul
01-15-2006, 06:37 PM
What a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Bill Cowher, NEVER try to sit on a lead in the playoffs again!!!!!!!!!

WE SHOOK UP THE WORLD, BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU BIG BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT job by our defense too!!!!!! Joey Porter backed up his talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

fergusonat
01-15-2006, 07:02 PM
I seriously almost came to tears when the refs started desperately turning the game over in favor of the Colts. It was just so ass-backwards, I watched the end of the game in utter disbelief. Just goes to show you how corrupt the NFL can really be

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2006, 08:00 PM
The STeelers wanted to re establish the line of scrimmage so they really wanted to run it and break the will of the colts.

jpk1111
01-15-2006, 08:14 PM
No one thought we could win so IN YOUR FACE

SmurfKilla
01-15-2006, 08:14 PM
We did it !!! Man that game had me on the edge of my seat gripping the football..
I cant believe the refs screwing us on the INT..But no worries our D kept coming and kep sacking and pressuring..
I dont think I have gone from Screaming and celebrating (4th down sack) to almost in shock and dismay (Bettis's fumble) so quickly. I figured for sure it was going to be returned all the way back..Thank god for the tackle and luv'd every second of the wide right...

WOOOO HOOOO. I have bled Black and gold since 82...Could this be the year..Finally a real QB that has a chance to deliver us to the promised land..

Cheers

SK

Prosdo
01-15-2006, 08:15 PM
No one thought we could win so IN YOUR FACE

The fact that they thought we couldn't is what makes this win 1000x sweeter!

Hammer67
01-15-2006, 08:24 PM
The fact that they thought we couldn't is what makes this win 1000x sweeter!

You said it all, my friend....all is well in the world.

noto45
01-15-2006, 09:29 PM
THATS RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

cydnub
01-15-2006, 09:36 PM
W O W

What a game! I am actually glad the refs screwed it up so badly - I got to see the Steelers win the game THREE TIMES (got to look at the bright side, right???) First, we won when Polamalu intercepted it - what a LAME call (and review for crying out loud). Steelers ball, run it out, game over. Then, when the defense CRUSHED them down to the 1 and the Steelers took over on downs. Steelers win! Not so fast, not until the Colts' missed field goal. WOW WOW WOWOWOWOW ! STEELERS WIN !!!

Ok, need to get this out of my system...
<bad call rant :boxing: >
1) first int that troy had that wasn't called (yes his hands were under the ball)
2) indy jumping across line - no call??
3) tackled manning in the end zone, safety!! what, no safety??
4) of course polamalu's 2nd interception and fumble - no possession???
</bad call rant>
Ok, I'm done!!

WHOOO HOOOOOO!! GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!:bouncy: :bouncy:

noto45
01-15-2006, 09:45 PM
2 down 2 to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hammer67
01-15-2006, 09:55 PM
My Bachelor party = Next week in Pittsburgh!!! I can't wait and I wouldn't want it any other way!!!

pitt
01-15-2006, 11:20 PM
It took a while to control the hyperventilating. The game was awesome. I thought I was gonna have a heart attack when Jerome fumbled. You gotta love Ben for stopping that run!!!

SteelerFanInCA
01-16-2006, 12:02 AM
First of all, to all those ignorant media *****s who never gave us a chance of winning this game... all you dumb asses can kiss my black & gold ass.

To the Colts ticket box office: You may have been able to keep our fans out of your stadium but you couldn't keep our guys out of the endzone.

Two years ago Manning breaks the single season TD record = NOTHING

This year they win 13 straight and are heavily favored to win the whole thing = NOTHING

Colts = Nothing

The Colts are still our play-off *****es. Recognize!!!! 5-0 vs. Colts when it counts.

Big Ben 1-0 vs Manning in the play-offs.

Bungle Fans slide over on the bench and make room for the Colts fans. Sit back and watch as Steeltown rolls into Denver.

Last but not least, thank God Troy Polamalu plays for the black & gold.

Steelers all the way baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigDude66687
01-16-2006, 01:35 AM
That was the 2nd best football game that i've seen in my lifetime, 1987- onwards, the best was the Steelers AFC championship victory in 1995, but the refs gave the steelers the shaft on multiple occasions

No call on a deep pass to Randle El, which was obvious hell the announces in the bouth even noticed it

That no call with all the confusion at, should have been a false start on faneca one good no call for once

Polamulu had a pick, but the steelers dropped 2 others the earlier one by Polamaul on a fantasttic play, and one by McFadden right before Vandy missed the kick

Props to ben for another awesome game and for saving the game by tackling mathis

Jerome you almost killed me, But 3 more stops left for the bus, Denver, Detriot, Canton :) Time to shred the xbrownies

CASTEEL
01-16-2006, 01:42 AM
Fantastic game!!! Let's move all this energy to beating the Broncos next week!!! S'Gonna be a tough game and it's all that stands in the way of another SB appearance for our Steelers!!!

Let's go Steelers!!!

SteelCityMan786
01-16-2006, 09:48 AM
2 teams may have been this team. BUT WE SHOCKED THE WORLD IN THE PLAYOFFS!

Big7Ben
01-16-2006, 09:52 AM
WE DID IT!! The funny part is alot of the people I know said "I don't think we can beat the Colts." I knew we would beat them.. Big Ben was healthy and.. I just knew we were destined to win.. Well we did... the end of the game was a miracle.. it had to be... Thanks to Big Ben.. he saved the season with that tackle... We're gonna make it to the Superbowl.. I have a good feeling..

HeroDecks
01-16-2006, 10:35 AM
by the way ha ha ha bengals fans!!!!!
Uncalled for, but I deserved it.

I'm speechless, but will not run and hide like the other Bengals fans.
Congratulations, you deserve it.

How much time was left on Bettis' fumble?
Couldn't you just have taken a knee and ran out the clock?
I'm not being a smartass, I honestly don't know the situation (time remaining, Colts remaining timeouts).
If Vandy makes that FG and the momentum shifts going into overtime then that would've been a huge coaching mistake.

Well, now you better finish it. After all of this, you're still listed as underdogs going into Denver? I wouldn't ever bet on Pittsburgh, but it looks pretty tempting right now.

Good luck until next season

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2006, 06:30 PM
Taking a knee would have been a mute point. there was about 1:14 left or so.. 3 kneel down when they had 3 timeouts and then kick a FG would still have only put us up by 6 and a TD would have beaten us.

It was go for the win right there, no doubt about it. I'd do it again too.

metalicon
01-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Can't argue with the calls Cowher made. Unfortuantely, I'm very dissapointed in the NFL for wanting to do everything that they can to try and fix it so the Colts win the game. Shame on Paul Tagliabue for that. Luckily though, the right team won and most importantly we aren't subjected to another media hyped Manning vs. Brady bowl. Can't stand either of them anyways. Justice was served.

Justin Otstott
01-17-2006, 12:17 AM
^ amen to that man! Thats what they were trying to do!!!

Steel Fury
01-17-2006, 09:57 AM
Bettis hadn't fumbled all year. Indy had 3 timeouts. Definitely right call. Did you see PTI and Tony waving his terrible towel after announcing last week that we would be DEMOLISHED?

WOOOHOOOO!!!!

Now we have to take care of business in Denver.

steeler47
01-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Bettis hadn't fumbled all year. Indy had 3 timeouts. Definitely right call. Did you see PTI and Tony waving his terrible towel after announcing last week that we would be DEMOLISHED?

WOOOHOOOO!!!!

Yep.time to get down to bus.
Celebrating was fun,but thats all done.Time for The Steelers to get ready ,for the final Super Bowl run!

Gosupizza
01-17-2006, 03:45 PM
gotta say, if anyone didnt notice Roethlisberger saved the game back there...

when he tripped up the guy after he got the fumble off the bus

that would've been touch down right there and then

=gg steelers

clevestinks
01-17-2006, 04:12 PM
Yes Ben can do it all! Isn`t it great?

SalukiSteelers
01-17-2006, 05:40 PM
The Steelers won't shock the world until they win the Super Bowl. Anything less is "same ol' Steelers." Yeah, beating Indy was great and nobody picked our guys to do it so congratulations for that but really, who cares about that if Denver wins the AFC championship? I won't care because at the end of the day it would be just another season where the Steelers lost their last game.

Koopa
01-17-2006, 06:21 PM

WOOOHOOOO!!!!

that was no terrible towel, wilbon said it was a peice of yellow tarp

FisherMOM
01-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Ya know.. if the Steelers ... I mean WHEN the Steelers Beat Denver.. the Media will only tell what Denver did wrong, and how they were "off".. not about how the Steelers played like a well oiled machine. They will do just like they are doing now with the Colts. Awww poor "the team that lost to the big bad Steelers".... give me a break!

I won't get sick of watching highlights of the Colts game.. but I am sick of listening
to almost all of the media about it. Almost no one has a nice thing to say about Pittsburgh.

Koopa
01-17-2006, 10:28 PM
just put it on mute if you don't like it, i actually like hearing them make excuses why they were wrong this whole time, it makes them lose credibilty IMO

FisherMOM
01-17-2006, 10:30 PM
I suppose... but it just irritates me when we get no respect!

Koopa
01-17-2006, 10:34 PM
well that's another thing i like lol, i love when they disrespct my teams all season (they do it to my spurs and longhorns too) and then they all end up having to eat crow and trying to find any excuse to justify why they were wrong

Man_Of_Steel
01-17-2006, 11:12 PM
How come nobody noticed that it looked like Vanderjagt's field goal was tipped? Anyone else see that?

AvoidLLoyd95
01-18-2006, 04:50 AM
How come nobody noticed that it looked like Vanderjagt's field goal was tipped? Anyone else see that?
That kick was far too off kilter to have been tipped. He just shanked it bad. I think if it was tipped it would have been reported by now. Someone would have bragged about it.