PDA

View Full Version : Big BEN

JerseySTEEL
03-11-2005, 08:07 AM
one person i havent rly talked about on this forum is ben.with next year coming up, we reflect on lats year witht eh highs and lows, his first game wa sin a hurrcain in FL, and from then proved many ppl wrong that a rookie can do great things while around great ppl. for this off season the coaches are gonna be talkign about puttign the ball up in the air more bc runnign 45 times a game is alil to much and would cause injurys to our Rb core. I know ppl say we lost our deep threat in plax but i dotn see it that way EL can fill his spot very well hes not 6-5 but hes faster and has better hands. what ive heard Ben sya is hes goning to spen a load of time with dick this offseason to learn zone def and to look off backs, who better to laern zone form fromt he master hehe. Well anyway i cnat wait to see this kid again in action. and plusu fig the gaints got screwed giving there 1st roudner for this yera and much more for eli when been was htere hehe our luck!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-11-2005, 08:50 AM
First off, we need to get you and internet spell check !!! :toofunny: just pickin jersey...

Ben can only get better, He's got more NFL experience in his first year, than most rookie players see in general in alot longer than that. He's got the intelligence, physical tools, and the mind set to be an awesome QB for a long long time in the league. He made some rookie mistakes yes, taking the sack alittle more often than he should, missing the open WR downfield, staring down his target...but those are correctible and his upside is amazing. plus when you practice day in and day out aginast the best defense in the league, that always gives you an edge.

JerseySTEEL
03-11-2005, 09:06 AM
ya i try to type fast so i hit alot of keys before i should lol, and i sya screw it to go over agina watse to much of my time lol.

JerseySTEEL
03-11-2005, 09:12 AM
ya great point man he gets to prac againts the best Def in the league hehe the mistakes ya all rookies make them ,I was waiting for them in about every game but did rly great in the start but wore out in the end bc hes not us to the long season and hard games in the nfl.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-11-2005, 09:30 AM
you could tell when he hit that perverbial rookie wall. He started throwing pics, making bad decisions, and errant throws..but still, when the game was on the line, when he HAD to make a play for us, he did. Even though it all unravelled in the champ. game w/ the turnovers, it was a learning experience he wont soon forget.

Go Ben !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

JerseySTEEL
03-11-2005, 09:35 AM
yes Go BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

clevestinks
03-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Her in Cleveland I always say to the brownies fans, Ben will only get better, I don`t know if his record will get better than last year, but skills, timing etc. LOOK OUT League

HinesWard4Life8682
03-11-2005, 04:40 PM
yeah.. when the steelers lost and i began to think about next year, i was sayin to my self its not like hes gonna get worse, he learns from the mistakes, has more experience and will improve

BlitzburghRockCity
03-11-2005, 07:00 PM
While its unrealistic to expect the Steelers, or anytime,to go 15-1 in back to back seasons, the areas that ben needs to improve on, Im sure he's working on as we speak to get better in. But hey, I dont care if we are 15-1 or not, I just want home field again.

clevestinks
03-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Bens a smart kid to. He knows how close they were last year. And this year they will be a little more for him to do this year, he`ll have a full playbook. I believe he is the real deal. We are so lucky.

ironcitychef
03-12-2005, 01:09 AM
The thing I like was of his picks, most were on his very first attempt of the game(nerves?), then in the fourth he lead the league in QB rating(poise?) I would be more concerned if it was the other way around like Kordell. Great in the beginning but shaky down the stretch.

JerseySTEEL
03-12-2005, 03:20 AM
ya most of those pics he threw u kinda knew they were ocming but didnt know when.

clevestinks
03-12-2005, 04:12 PM
He was playing with a shortened playbook also, so he will be fine, he`s a winner and he will win in Pittsburgh

JerseySTEEL
03-13-2005, 01:00 AM
oh ya with out and doubt and u knwo what else they had him doing was judst looking at half the field to throw to.