PDA

View Full Version : bigger, faster, stronger....

tony hipchest
07-27-2009, 08:30 PM
....= better.

aside from the big ben distraction and alot of steelers doing charity work articles, it seems like this offseason has been dominated with articles of our players doing more to stay in shape and be on top of their game (holmes, parker, ike, farrior, sweed, timmons) or recovering nicely from injury (sepulveda, mendenhall).

so basically, atleast 8 of our top 25 primary players are showing signs of improvement from the sb calibur level they were at last year.

i cant speak for starks or hampton but it seems nobody is getting "fat and happy".

my favorite articles have been of those working out with shaw in orlando. ike taylors dedication is amazing. i still cant believe that douche (livinginthe past) had the gall to criticize him for acting as a mentor to anthony madison.

Preacher
07-27-2009, 08:53 PM
I hear Hampton is doing wind sprints every day, actually, about every thirty minutes or so....

Seems as if it is associated with sign:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj26/Guaunyu/KrispyKremeHotNow01.jpg

Galax Steeler
07-28-2009, 03:29 AM
I hear Hampton is doing wind sprints every day, actually, about every thirty minutes or so....

You are so mean.:chuckle:

mulldog24
07-28-2009, 09:32 AM

What if we could put a picture of that on an opposing QB's jersey........:wink02:

The Lakelander
07-28-2009, 09:44 AM
Nice post TH ... it's been the storyline for sure. Even Spaeth attending camp with Jerry Rice up in Minnesota recently!

Tankus_Maximus
07-28-2009, 10:13 AM
Casey does the Homer Simpson "mmmmmm do-nuts" right b4 his wind sprints

Preacher
07-28-2009, 04:59 PM
What if we could put a picture of that on an opposing QB's jersey........:wink02:

Or visualize it... like The Waterboy!!
http://z.hubpages.com/u/211507_f248.jpg

tony hipchest
07-29-2009, 09:25 PM
pat kirwan reported that he has heard that rashard mendenhall is in "unbelievable shape" in terms of strength and conditioning this off season.

jim miller said willie has returned as fast as ever (and we know that is fast).

Shoes
07-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Good eye Tony...... doesn't seem to be any indication of a SB hangover. Lets get this season going :tt02:

tony hipchest
08-09-2009, 09:10 PM
alot of camp notes to catch up on, but got to hear some great things via sirius and following jim wexell. (im guessing much of this has already been discussed).

l. woodley says he has put on 8 pounds of "good weight" this off season (which puts him at 270+. beastly.

harrison dropping 2% in body fat is sick. him and woodley will continue their friendly sack competition.

kirwan and ryan noted how some very interesting packages with timmons were being used and marveled at everything dick lebeau has already installed. the defense "hits the ground running" when camp starts and dominates the offense.

one package was where james lined up aside woodley on the inside and timmons rushed from his abandoned position. "bear formation" = qb woulda been destroyed (and stuff they didnt do with foote).

sepulveda is kicking rocket balls. kirwan said he consistantly puts the ball right on the 5 yd line and the "aussi roll" is working to perfection. he can directionally move the returner laterally to either side of the field, (and returners are coached to catch these balls). we will pin them back a bunch this season.

is it possible that any of these 3 will be an upgrade over washington?- sweed, mcdonald, wallace. take your pick. kirwan noted that wallace getting a ton of playing time isnt the "steelers way" but the more he watched the more he said he was advanced beyond his years. one play where he crossed through the back of the endzone, he leaped higher than the fg crossbar to snag a pass only he could. dudes got hops.

colbert sounds confident that if woodley or harrison get hurt, timmons moves to the outside (the position he was drafted for) and k. fox takes over inside.

colbert reveals vick was discussed as are most waiver wire players.