PDA

View Full Version : Potholes and Wilderness - Timmons Blog

mesaSteeler
07-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Potholes and Wilderness
http://affiliate.kickapps.com/_Potholes-and-Wilderness/BLOG/481591/62428.html?widgetId=18061
July 28, 2009

Iíve been working out hard and now Iím in cooldown mode, still working out but letting my body rest to prepare for the storm Ė two-a-days. Just taking it easy, enjoying my last couple days with my son before I go to Latrobe.

Iím looking forward to seeing all the guys again, I know everyoneís been working hard and will be ready. Itís time to build that camaraderie, get ready to do our thing for the season. A lot of people think two-a-days is just grinding, but thereís also some time where guys hang out and get to know each other better.

Two-a-days are like going out in the wilderness with your family. You end up being closer teammates because of it. Itís hard but thereís also a lot of messing around, like guys going to the movies together when you finally get a day off. Itís not like that during the season, each guy has his own life and go their separate ways on days off.

What I donít look forward to are the potholes. In Latrobe the main drag was real bad for me last year. I messed up the front end of my car, and in my spare time I had to hustle and take it to a car place to get fixed.

One thing I know is that Coach Tomlin wonít let us have big heads. He always keeps us humble, always grounded. Heíll have us ready no matter what.:tt03::tt03:

Lawrence Timmons is a linebacker with the Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers. His blog for www.playerpress.com runs at www.timmons94.com. Follow him on Twitter as lawrencetimmons.

Fire Haley
07-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Plug the run hole without gettin injured. That's all we ask.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Watch out NFL, Lawrence Timmons is a starter now, and he is ready to terrorize a team near you!

Gnutella
07-28-2009, 10:09 PM
And if Bruce Davis is learning as well as I've heard, then that means we have five quality LBs! :helmet:

tony hipchest
07-28-2009, 10:15 PM
:shout:- "hey timmons.....

...patrick willis and jon beason are better than you!

the steelers really needed d. revis>"

let that be your fuel.

Galax Steeler
07-29-2009, 03:36 AM
Watch out NFL, Lawrence Timmons is a starter now, and he is ready to terrorize a team near you!

I hope he starts with Lendale White and the Titans.:chuckle:

The Lakelander
07-29-2009, 08:44 AM
:shout:- "hey timmons.....

...patrick willis and jon beason are better than you!

the steelers really needed d. revis>"

let that be your fuel.

OUCH!

mulldog24
07-29-2009, 09:25 AM
I hope Timmons starts with Lendale White and stomps a muddhole in his ass!!!