PDA

View Full Version : ASK THE STEELERS – JOE BURNETT – PART 3

Galax Steeler
07-29-2009, 04:04 AM
From Matt Morris in California: What is it like to have Dick LeBeau as you defensive coordinator?
Joe Burnett: It’s unbelievable. That is all I can say. He is a great guy.

From Mark Glower in Ohio: What will be the biggest adjustment coming from college to the pros?
Joe Burnett: I would say time management, the speed of the game, understanding the game. You are playing against guys who have been in the league a certain amount of years and they know all the tricks, all of the schemes, what to do, what not to do.

From Rich Fisher in Michigan: What are you other strengths?
Joe Burnett: Some of the strengths are being able to contribute on special teams on punt return, gunner and kickoff return. Then contribute as a nickel or cornerback. I can multitask, being able to play different positions. If someone goes down on defense, I can help there. If they need something on special teams, I can help there.

From Marty White in West Virginia: What areas of your game would you like to work on?
Joe Burnett: Playing cornerback, nickel and special teams. I am not where I want to be. I need to improve. I want to get to where the veterans are.

From Justin Rainey in Florida: What was your best moment while playing at UCF?
Joe Burnett: Coming in and being a part of the turn around there and winning the conference championship a year later against Tulsa. The way I contributed in that game was running a punt return back. That was my best moment.

From Dan Potts in Pennsylvania: Have you heard yet how passionate Steelers fans are about the team and are you looking forward to playing for a team with that kind of atmosphere?
Joe Burnett: Yes I have heard about it. I heard that when you win a game they celebrate Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. When you lose they are mad Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I heard the passion is unbelievable. On a scale of 1 to 10 it’s a 10. I am excited about being in that crowd. I like that. We had rowdy fans in college. I am looking forward to the tradition here in Pittsburgh.

http://news.steelers.com/article/105677/