PDA

View Full Version : Santonio Holmes

jjbrasso
07-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Not sure if this has been debated before on the forum because I am new here. I love Holmes and he showed throughout the playoffs and in the Super Bowl that he can turn it on and take over a game when he wants. However, I hope he doesn't let this get to his head and become a selfish player like T.O. or Chad Johnson. I am not comparing him to those two, so don't put words n my mouth. He's been arrested a couple times since being in the league. Usually the Steelers don't tolerate that kind of behavior. He had a selfish (missed penalty) in the Super Bowl with his TD celebration at the end. Do you feel that these are just minor bumps in the road that he has out grown, or do you think they will escalate this season with the increased media coverage he will get from being SB XLIII MVP and showing that he can take over a game.

Hapa
07-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Who knows? I do have to admit when you hear him talk he has a little T.O. in him...

jjbrasso
07-29-2009, 03:47 PM
HIs advantage is that he has a leader like Hines Ward to look up to.

Fire Haley
07-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Ben won't let him get a swolled head.

Find another "controversy".

Hotrodder07
07-29-2009, 04:31 PM
I think he has matured since he has come to the Steelers. That, however, does not mean that he will not have more problems in the future. Hopefully he doesn't, but there is no way to tell at this point.

jjbrasso
07-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Ben won't let him get a swolled head.

Find another "controversy".

It's not meant to be a "controversy", but a discussion to pass time for the next few days. July is the most boring month of the year for sports.

Fire Haley
07-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Well, I'll just take the side that our SB MVP is only going to get better.

I can see both Holmes and Ward going over 1000 yds this year.

Fire Haley
07-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Something tells me Tomlin won't let ANY player get bigger than his team. So yeah - lets pick on Holmes for wanting the ball. It's not like he's all over the tee-vee like Chad.

pancake
07-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Not sure if this has been debated before on the forum because I am new here. I love Holmes and he showed throughout the playoffs and in the Super Bowl that he can turn it on and take over a game when he wants. However, I hope he doesn't let this get to his head and become a selfish player like T.O. or Chad Johnson. I am not comparing him to those two, so don't put words n my mouth. He's been arrested a couple times since being in the league. Usually the Steelers don't tolerate that kind of behavior. He had a selfish (missed penalty) in the Super Bowl with his TD celebration at the end. Do you feel that these are just minor bumps in the road that he has out grown, or do you think they will escalate this season with the increased media coverage he will get from being SB XLIII MVP and showing that he can take over a game.

I do worry about Holmes also. He will be seeking a new contract soon and if he wants it in Pittsburgh, then he needs to show the maturity that the Rooneys expect...

steel striker
07-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Tone has come along way and, still has to get better. Doing the little things like less showboating after making first down catches. I really like he has shown that big players make big plays in big games. I really think this year he could put up some huge numbers.

JackHammer
07-29-2009, 09:04 PM

Sweed is gonna take a chunk out of both of their totals.

devilsdancefloor
07-29-2009, 10:02 PM
:iagree:
Just a guess here im gonna say it is hines

Galax Steeler
07-30-2009, 03:33 AM

That would be nice if it happened that means Ben would have a monster season as well.:tt02:

Sharkissle29
07-30-2009, 09:30 AM
That would be nice if it happened that means Ben would have a monster season as well.:tt02:

Big Ben is deinitely on my fantasy watch list....i think i can steal him a little late just bc fantasy numbers werent great. But i think they will be this year.

Unfortunately, if Holmes has a very good year, he just may be playing out of a contract which sucks bc he will just be reaching his prime. I guess time will tell.

Along with Ben, Holmes and Mendenhall are also on my watch list, just in case you were wondering :flap:

Fire Haley
07-30-2009, 11:49 AM

Didn't I already predict Ben getting 40+ TD's this year?
I'm just staying consistent.

Let's review...

Passing wins SB's!

http://s.wsj.net/media/0201bowl58_E_20090201222136.jpg

5 Wide!!!

steelballs
07-31-2009, 08:38 AM
Based on off season reports...Holmes seems to be concentrating on nothing but getting better and more physical.
He'll play this season about 10 lbs. heavier with no loss in speed...that should be interesting to see as he plays physical anyway.
I see Santonio taking his game to another level this year and don't forsee any prima donna issues with him...at least I hope not.

Sharkissle29
07-31-2009, 09:43 AM
Didn't I already predict Ben getting 40+ TD's this year?
I'm just staying consistent.

Let's review...

Passing wins SB's!

http://s.wsj.net/media/0201bowl58_E_20090201222136.jpg

5 Wide!!!

This is why Ben is on my 'sleeper' watch list.

he isnt known to put up fantasy numbers which is why i think im gonna get him at a bargain. little does the rest of the league know that he is gonna tear it up this year