PDA

View Full Version : Steelers extend Miller, Clark next?

mesaSteeler
07-30-2009, 07:17 AM
NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Steelers extend Miller, Clark next?

The Steelers on Wednesday gave tight end Heath Miller a six-year contract extension worth just over $35 million.

Pittsburgh still has a number of starters scheduled to become free agents at the end of the 2009 season, including former Pro Bowl nose tackle Casey Hampton and running back Willie Parker.

I'm told, though, the next potential free agent to sign could be safety Ryan Clark.
Posted by Dale Lolley at 10:58 PM 3 comments Links to this post

Texasteel
07-30-2009, 07:21 AM
Thank mesa, I thought I might have missed the Clark deal. I hope they get that one done quickly.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-30-2009, 07:45 AM
Good job of getting these players signed before a potential "uncapped" season

Steel Head
07-30-2009, 07:53 AM
i think they will wait on Clark

steelballs
07-30-2009, 11:22 AM
i think they will wait on Clark

I hope not, he's earned a new deal. He might be small, but he hits like a truck.

Steel Head
07-30-2009, 11:50 AM
I hope not, he's earned a new deal. He might be small, but he hits like a truck.

training camp starts tomorrow, the Steelers typically don't negotiate contracts after training camp starts

mulldog24
07-30-2009, 12:54 PM
I know he is a kicker but I would like to get Reed signed, because dude can boot inside of Hienz field. Still I am really glad to get Miller signed as he is one of the best!

HughC
07-30-2009, 01:44 PM
My first thought about Miller being signed was "great"; a half second later my next thought was also "how about Clark?" Would feel better if his contract was extended rather than waiting.

truesteelerfan
07-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Clark and Reed next......I love Big Snack...but I think he needs to prove he's still an elite DT to get elite money.....I'm not sure he'd even ask for huge cash, but it seems that a starting DL on 2 superbowl teams would be a hot item in FA.

fansince'76
07-30-2009, 02:14 PM
I know he is a kicker but I would like to get Reed signed, because dude can boot inside of Hienz field. Still I am really glad to get Miller signed as he is one of the best!

Agreed - Reed is a MUST sign. The difference between a reliable PK and an unreliable PK is 1-3 wins a year, if not more.

AllD
07-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Ryan Clark deserves to be paid based on how many bodies he sent to the sideline alone. He should retire as a Steeler. Nobody even asks about Chris Hope anymore.

ReedsGirl3
07-30-2009, 02:27 PM
i surely hope they get something worked out with Jeff really soon! we need our reed!

steelreserve
07-30-2009, 03:28 PM

True ... although if you're willing to spend a fifth-round draft pick, you can also usually get the best college kicker in the country. If Reed starts holding out for a couple million and it comes down to him or Clark, I'm sorry, but I'd rather take my chances with the rookie.