PDA

View Full Version : Browns actually sign all of their draft picks before Camp

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-30-2009, 07:41 PM
Cleveland Browns sign rookie Robiskie

Browns second-round receiver Brian Robiskie agreed to terms on a four-year deal Thursday evening, his agent Joel Segal said. Terms of the deal were undisclosed. Robiskie, the 36th pick overall out of Ohio State, was the last remaining unsigned Browns rookie. He will compete for a starting receiver job opposite Braylon Edwards.

"Brian is looking forward to getting into camp and helping the Browns win,'' Segal said.

Veterans are due to report on Friday and the first two practices open to the public are Saturday at 8:45 a.m. and 5:45 p.m

Details to come.

Browns second-round receiver Brian Robiskie agreed to terms on a four-year deal Thursday evening, his agent Joel Segal said.

http://www.cleveland.com/brownsbeat/index.ssf/2009/07/cleveland_browns_sign_rookie_r.html

First time I can recall there will be no hold-outs for us. Still not sold on Mangini, but I'm sort of liking his attitude about things thus far. Word on the streets is, that if Cribbs wants to screw around and hold out that Mangini will just sign Dante Hall and just shrug it off.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Wow, did this ever happen in the Crennell or the Davis eras?

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Wow, did this ever happen in the Crennell or the Davis eras?

Shoot....No...even in 2008, our 4th round pick wouldn't report for a while. How sad is that?

For Mangini to do this is pretty miraculous in itself.

Sad part is, if he has anything near.500 record you'll instantly hear him praised as a good coach this season by our fans.

tony hipchest
07-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Word on the streets is, that if Cribbs wants to screw around and hold out that Mangini will just sign Dante Hall and just shrug it off.

:chuckle: that explains why he was fired as the jets coach so quickly.

favre will be your qb on nov.1.... bank it.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-30-2009, 11:19 PM
:chuckle: that explains why he was fired as the jets coach so quickly.

favre will be your qb on nov.1.... bank it.

No with our luck..it'll be Brett Ratliff at starting QB after Quinn and Anderson both went down with injuries.

At this point I'm hoping the Browns hold off on a QB in the draft until 2011 when Pryor comes out for the draft.

tony hipchest
07-30-2009, 11:23 PM
No with our luck..it'll be Brett Ratliff at starting QB after Quinn and Anderson both went down with injuries.
:chuckle:

you better watch what you wish for. it could very well be ratliff out of camp w/o any injuries.

MACH1
07-30-2009, 11:52 PM
No with our luck..it'll be Brett Ratliff at starting QB after Quinn and Anderson both went down on each other.

:chuckle:

Galax Steeler
07-31-2009, 04:01 AM
MACH1 you are so mean.:toofunny:

xfl2001fan
07-31-2009, 08:44 AM
Good to see everyone in camp. Now, let's see what it's worth. I like Mangini's style so far...but style before the season counts for nothing. We've won nothing so far...and until he starts winning games, he's useless to me.

revefsreleets
07-31-2009, 10:42 AM
With all the picks in camp, it means:

-More chances for them to get staph infections
-More opportunities for the annual draft pick injury bug to hit

Fire Haley
07-31-2009, 12:07 PM
I think the Browns can go 8-8 this year, if BE can cure his dropsies and their O-line not fall apart again and they actually find a starting QB and their defense not totally suck.

Youngstown Steeler
07-31-2009, 02:06 PM

At this point I'm hoping the Browns hold off on a QB in the draft until 2011 when Pryor comes out for the draft.

I'm a Buckeye fan, but Pryor has Vince Young written all over him. I hope he's successful, but I'm leary, too.

revefsreleets
07-31-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm a Buckeye fan, but Pryor has Vince Young written all over him. I hope he's successful, but I'm leary, too.

there are big differences...for one, Pryor can actually read. I only wish I was joking...

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
08-01-2009, 03:32 PM
I think the Browns can go 8-8 this year, if BE can cure his dropsies and their O-line not fall apart again and they actually find a starting QB and their defense not totally suck.

The Browns are a .500 caliber team IMO, if you look at lot of the losses they're usually by a score. they're just so snakebitten often they can't ever make something happen.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
08-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Update for those wondering how camp is going for the Brownies:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/08/cleveland_browns_rookie_james.html

Our 6th rounder James Davis has been looking good in camp. Color me extremely cautious about how well this guy could do. If this were any other team I'd be praising him a steal, but because it's the Browns I get ultra nervous and think he could just be the 2nd coming of Ben Gay.

Quinn/DA derby hasn't really shown any victors yet, but have showed they have and havn't grasped the offense yet.

Mangini is running camp pretty tight and tough

• There was more contact in one practice than you might have seen in a week of practices under former coach Romeo Crennel.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/08/tony_grossis_blog_cleveland_br_4.html

I've been to a camp on Saturday and can pretty much agree with that, also during two minute, he cranks up music in attempt to simulate a crowd during that drill rather than dead quiet. Buddy Ryan has also been hanging around camp and helping out his son a bit. Also, of all people BRYAN COX is our d-line coach, guy is usually psyched and pumped to be there.

Also on a note for any Buckeye fans here, I tried to get Braylon and Robiskies' autograph, Braylon was in a hurry and wasn't able to get me, but Robo made sure to get anyone whom asked for it! He even yelled out "IO" after I yelled "OH" to him. Dude seems to be a good guy, and I'm glad to finally have a Buckeye and a guy like him on the Browns roster.

revefsreleets
08-04-2009, 11:33 AM
He's making them run. DA has been the better of the two QB's, but Quinn is a gamer, and doesn't practice well, never has.

They've also been hitting a lot early, which most of these dudes are not used to...

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
08-06-2009, 12:45 AM
He's making them run. DA has been the better of the two QB's, but Quinn is a gamer, and doesn't practice well, never has.

They've also been hitting a lot early, which most of these dudes are not used to...

More on the lap running in camp.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/52334372.html

Being really honest, I really like what he's done in camp thus far. Discipline is something that has been sorely lacking with the Browns for years. And the fact that he's making them be physical makes a me a bit more comfortable with Mangini at the helm, though I'm still unsure how this will translate to him being a coach on sundays.

Not to try and measure against the Steelers and to try and be wannabes of them (The Ravens already have that covered), but how are Steeler training camps usually run in comparison?

And this all means nothing if the Browns don't notch up a few more "W"'s, something that I'd like to see.

Fire Haley
08-06-2009, 09:25 AM
DA has been the better of the two QB's...

Really?

The same DA who couldn't beat out Charlie Frye?

Sounds like Brady Quinn is turning into an overrated version of Ken Dorsey.
That's gotta have all the Quinn fanboys spinctering up - another 1st rd QB bust?
On noes!

Mankok should have gone after Sanchez in the draft .