PDA

View Full Version : So, who gets the most carries?

STEELAMANIA
07-31-2009, 04:08 PM
Who gets the most carries between Parker, Mendenhall, Summers, Moore, and Logan?

Who do the Steelers call on at the goal line the most?

Who will eat up the yardage and the clock in the 4th qtr leads?

Inquiring minds wanna know!!!!!! :noidea:

Hotrodder07
07-31-2009, 04:13 PM
Parker will get the most carries. As for the goalline situations, I think it all depends on how well Frank Summers does. If he's the big powerful 'back that we all hope he his, then he gets those carries. If he's not capable, then I believe they'll give the ball to Mendenhall. Who will eat up clock at the end of the game? A combination of all of our running backs, in my opinion.

Can't wait for the season to start. We'll have real answers to these questions pretty soon.

mmalone
07-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Who gets the most carries between Parker, Mendenhall, Summers, Moore, and Logan?

Who do the Steelers call on at the goal line the most?

Who will eat up the yardage and the clock in the 4th qtr leads?

Inquiring minds wanna know!!!!!! :noidea:

big question will be how times a game we will have 2 backs behind ben...
that will change the equation as to who is playing and when.

steelreserve
07-31-2009, 04:18 PM
If I got my wish, it'd be

1. Mendenhall
2. Summers
3. Mendenhall/Summers combo

In reality, it'll probably be

1. Parker
2. Parker
3. Parker

I think it must be in Parker's contract that if he's able to walk, they have to use him on every single play until he dies.

Sharkissle29
07-31-2009, 04:36 PM
big question will be how times a game we will have 2 backs behind ben...
that will change the equation as to who is playing and when.

Arians said he had a pony field coming but we never saw it in the 4 weeks or so they both were healthy....

I think parker and mendy will be about 60/40 in willies favor

WWP
07-31-2009, 04:40 PM
I think you are gonna see alot of even time with Parker and Mendenhall. Parker is still the starter, but I can see Mendenhall getting more and more time as the season progresses (if he performs). Don't count out Moore getting his time either...he performed last year when he had to and is a capable back.

mmalone
07-31-2009, 04:45 PM
I think you are gonna see alot of even time with Parker and Mendenhall. Parker is still the starter, but I can see Mendenhall getting more and more time as the season progresses (if he performs). Don't count out Moore getting his time either...he performed last year when he had to and is a capable back.

the first two pre season games will shed some light on the toughness and speed of mendenhall and summers... hopefuly they take charge and make a statement.

what a great problem to have... 3 nice backs and a big rookie.

like i have been saying, its not the players we have.. its how we use them.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-31-2009, 04:46 PM
I think Parker will see the most carries because unless he is totally ineffective or hurt, he's the starter. But I don't think there is going to be a large gap in carries between him and Mendenhall.

As for goal line carries, as long as Frank the Tank doesn't fumble the ball in preseason and can move to pile, he should get a majority of those.

As for eating up yardage in the fourth quarter, probably a combo of the backs to keep everyone fresh throughout the season.

steelreserve
07-31-2009, 05:01 PM
All I know is we'd better give Mendenhall and Summers a good enough number of carries to seriously evaluate whether they can take over the load in the future. If we go with Parker-only again, we'll start 2010 with nothing but question marks in the backfield.

Psyychoward86
07-31-2009, 05:06 PM
I really, really think Frank Summers was primarily brought in as a FB, even though we run less i-formation. I think Willie gets the most carries, which might shock a lot of people, but i dont think he's losing it yet. Remember, he looked great the first two games (cupcake opponents yes, but still!), then after injuries he was inconsistent.

revefsreleets
07-31-2009, 05:18 PM
If Mendenhall is 100% healthy, he'll end up with 65% of the carries this year. He's not only big, he's REALLY fast, too...

wootawnee
07-31-2009, 05:36 PM
From what I am hearing Mendy looks very very good..........He should step in and tear it up.....He is not a rookie anymore.......And he will be very hungry......He should be the starter or feature back by the 4th week........His legs are fresh..........But I guess we will see how it plays out..........

MasterOfPuppets
07-31-2009, 05:46 PM
hmmmm tough call... on one hand parker should get more carries if they wanna evaluate him if they plan on making him a new offer, or if they wanna keep mendenhall fresh for the future.... on the other hand mendenhall should get more carries because he needs evaluated to see how expendable parker is....i'd go 50 / 50 , or whoever seems to have the hot hand that game...:noidea:

steelreserve
07-31-2009, 05:56 PM
Also, I vote for putting in a special formation with Parker, Moore, Mendenhall, Summers, Logan and Dixon. When they snap the ball, everybody scatters. Before the defense can react, we somehow pull off a fleaflicker to a guy wide open 50 yards down the field. Other details are hazy.

sherlock
08-01-2009, 02:42 AM
I guess it`s great to have that many options.
In answer to the original question.....:noidea:
Last season I thought Moore was something of an unsung hero....there were quite a few games where he seemed to turn up the offense when the Steelers needed it both in rushing and receptions.

MasterOfPuppets
08-01-2009, 02:55 AM
I guess it`s great to have that many options.
In answer to the original question.....:noidea:
Last season I thought Moore was something of an unsung hero....there were quite a few games where he seemed to turn up the offense when the Steelers needed it both in rushing and receptions.
oh for sure.. i'd go so far as to say without moores contributions we wouldn't have made the playoffs... carry davis sure wasn't going to get us there.

HughC
08-01-2009, 02:55 AM
Also, I vote for putting in a special formation with Parker, Moore, Mendenhall, Summers, Logan and Dixon. When they snap the ball, everybody scatters. Before the defense can react, we somehow pull off a fleaflicker to a guy wide open 50 yards down the field. Other details are hazy.
Ha Ha, I like that!

Players going left to right, right to left, slants, reverses, backward passes .... nice!

BlockMonsta
08-01-2009, 03:11 AM
FWP will get the most, then Mendy. I am just worried about him holding onto the ball, I am sure he has fixed the problem. Then again FWP had his own problems when he was wearing the rubber elbow pads. Summers, FB or HB? I mean Sean M (I forgot his last name...well I cant spell it #49 I think) He filled in at FB this past season and seemed to do a decent job. Davis, I dont know about... I miss Dan K at times..

Galax Steeler
08-01-2009, 06:50 AM
I would have to say Parker but Mendenhall will start getting more and more as the season progresses.