PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Would you vote to re-elect Obama if the election was next Tuesday?

revefsreleets
07-31-2009, 04:22 PM
Why not? I'm curious to see the results of this corollary of the earlier poll.

MasterOfPuppets
07-31-2009, 07:19 PM
is McCain still the other option ?

revefsreleets
07-31-2009, 07:33 PM
Barney the purple dinosaur is the other option...

HometownGal
07-31-2009, 07:54 PM

If he was, I'd vote for him again in a nano second.

I think if Daffy Duck was running for Prez, I'd vote for him over Obaaaama. :chuckle:

Texasteel
07-31-2009, 07:59 PM
No way, no how, no thank you.

cubanstogie
07-31-2009, 08:20 PM
I think the results would be the same, that is whats sad. Most of the Kool-Aid drinkers don't know they are drunk on it. Bush got us to where we are is their answer. Why should people change their vote, its not like he is holding them accountable for their mortgage or other debt. As far as I know at least here in CA we are still giving handouts to illegals and others who are living in homes and not making payments. They don't care about him calling a white guy stupid, thats acceptable when the black guy is the one calling the name. The working class with families are the ones most likely to change the vote, unfortunately this day in age we are the minority. Do you think people in San Francisco really care that he has kept about 5 percent of his promises, they are delusional and live in a fantasy world. As long as these libs get their organic produce and lattes they don't give crap about people who actually show up to work and contribute to society.

MACH1
07-31-2009, 08:24 PM

Does it matter?

I'd vote for Jimmy Carter if I had to.

MasterOfPuppets
07-31-2009, 08:48 PM
I think the results would be the same, that is whats sad. Most of the Kool-Aid drinkers don't know they are drunk on it.
that explains how bush got elected to a second term.

Bush got us to where we are is their answer.
so the economy was fine 6 months ago ?

As far as I know at least here in CA we are still giving handouts to illegals
and again... did this just start 6 months ago ? and its hardly limited to california...

They don't care about him calling a white guy stupid, thats acceptable when the black guy is the one calling the name.
and yet again...did this just start 6 months ago ?

Francisco really care that he has kept about 5 percent of his promises,
well i guess if people forgot about the bogus WMD excuse for invading iraq, anything is possable....

. ...

cubanstogie
08-01-2009, 12:55 AM

you have been banging your head on the wall listening to too much Metallica dude. You just proved my theory spot on by blaming Bush in every rebuttal you had against my statements. The proof is in the pudding, Obama will never be held accountable for his inexperience and bad judgement by you Bush haters. You will continue to keep drinking Kool aid and blame Bush. great comebacks you ignorant headbanger.

MasterOfPuppets
08-01-2009, 01:31 AM
you have been banging your head on the wall listening to too much Metallica dude. You just proved my theory spot on by blaming Bush in every rebuttal you had against my statements. The proof is in the pudding, Obama will never be held accountable for his inexperience and bad judgement by you Bush haters. You will continue to keep drinking Kool aid and blame Bush. great comebacks you ignorant headbanger.
actually i was just pointing out your hypocracy. i find it hilarious when you guys try to jump on obama for the same shit the former administration has already done... go look at the thread about obama giving palestine a billion in aid. the reps here jumped all over obama for supporting a terrorist state, but yet when i provided an article about bush proposing giving palestine a cool billion in 2007, nobody even acknowledged it...:laughing: just like you didn't answer my reply to your post ...i guess personal attacks and insults are much easier than admitting you can't provide a feasable rebuttal. maybe you should try banging your head a little against a wall... you might knock something that resembles a mature personality loose. :noidea:

KeiselPower99
08-01-2009, 01:41 AM
Id vote for the horse perv 100 times before I would even consider Obama,

Indo
08-03-2009, 06:01 PM
You forgot one possible response:

Can I for FOR Sarah Palin instead?

That's my response

millwalldavey
08-03-2009, 06:27 PM
I didn;t vote for him last time, but I sure didn;t vote for the other bum. 6 of one, half dozen of another.

silver & black
08-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Since I didn't vote for him in the first place...NO!

SteelTalons
08-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Barney the purple dinosaur is the other option...

Damn! And here it was I voted Obama. :banging:

JackHammer
08-04-2009, 01:19 AM
Ron Paul

Indo
08-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Ron Paul

Just got his book----can't wait to read it

vasteeler
08-04-2009, 10:44 AM
I didn;t vote for him last time, but I sure didn;t vote for the other bum. 6 of one, half dozen of another.

thats exactly my opinion as well
it dosnt matter whos in the office

Godfather
08-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Shoulda been options for "meh, I guess" and "depends on the opponent:".

If the GOP nominee is Jeb Bush or Haley Barbour, I definitely vote for the Chosen One.

If the GOP nominee is Palin or Jindal, I vote Republican.

Romney would be a tossup. I'd probably vote Libertarian in that case.

Venom
08-04-2009, 02:03 PM
I didnt vote for him the first time, why would I do it now ?:thumbsup:

JEFF4i
08-04-2009, 09:10 PM
The thought that anyone would take this poll seriously, much less academically, tickles me. :)

Compared to McCain, I'd still vote for him.

SteelCityMan786
08-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I'd vote to give Bush's father a 2nd Term before I'd ever vote for Obama.

X-Terminator
08-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Ron Paul

...will never get elected.

As for the poll, I didn't vote for him the last time, and I would not vote to re-elect him in 2012 either. And if the Republicans don't put up someone worth voting for, I may just choose to sit that one out, just like I did in 2000.

Above all else, I'd just like, for once, that the parties nominate someone who is NOT a polarizing figure.

SteelersinCA
08-05-2009, 12:40 AM
or a complete d-bag.

tony hipchest
08-05-2009, 12:53 AM
The thought that anyone would take this poll seriously, much less academically, tickles me. :)

Compared to McCain, I'd still vote for him.agreed.

i really have no idea why this thread was even started, other to deflect attention away from another poll that was started a day earlier (with good intentions) by LLT.

:hunch: we all already know how the mccainanites woulda voted.

JackHammer
08-05-2009, 01:08 AM
...will never get elected.

Yeah, but it's always fun to bring his name up.

As for the poll, I didn't vote for him the last time, and I would not vote to re-elect him in 2012 either. And if the Republicans don't put up someone worth voting for, I may just choose to sit that one out, just like I did in 2000.

If the Repulicans keep trying to play to their base, it might be a while before we see a good candidate from the GOP. Of course these things tend to change in an instant at times. So stay tuned, right?

Above all else, I'd just like, for once, that the parties nominate someone who is NOT a polarizing figure.

I have little faith in both parties when it comes to this(and a lot of other things). They're in the business of polarizing their constituents. Divide and conquer is how most Senators and Reps win elections in their districts.

revefsreleets
08-05-2009, 07:56 AM
The poll was started because I'm trying to gauge what, if any, effect this guys inaction and wrong actions have had on his groupies. There has been very little concession from the left that this nitwit has done anything wrong...and equally, no one seems to be able to come up with much of anything with any merit to check off in his "plus" column.

Sadly, it looks like the children didn't learn from the example of the rats, and are going to follow this pied piper to their doom...

HometownGal
08-05-2009, 08:50 AM
and equally, no one seems to be able to come up with much of anything with any merit to check off in his "plus" column.

You hit the nail on the head, revs. That is why I started the thread I did - I wanted the Libs around here to tell us about all of the accomplishments Obaaaaama has made in his first 6 months and some odd days in office. Just as I thought - only ONE Obaaaaama kool aid drinker made at least a decent effort.

revefsreleets
08-05-2009, 09:19 AM
You hit the nail on the head, revs. That is why I started the thread I did - I wanted the Libs around here to tell us about all of the accomplishments Obaaaaama has made in his first 6 months and some odd days in office. Just as I thought - only ONE Obaaaaama kool aid drinker made at least a decent effort.

Well, there was credit card reform...but the poster didn't really realize there were two sides to that coin: Good for the irresponsible, bad for those who pay on time and don't abuse the system. In a sense, that program is a microcosm of much of what is wrong with the "Obamification" of this country...

JEFF4i
08-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Yeah, yeah, I heard all the pomp and circumstance. Do you EVER look at the flip side, or just what the pop media feeds you?

Posts like this is why I just only post in humour and slander here.

I didn't read the rest of his post, you want a mature intelligent discussion, then leave out petty attacks, even minor ones. I hear much of this bs every day, not to come on here and getting it from you.

And no, this poll is silly because you're posting on a board, and specifically a section of a board, overwhelmingly Republican.

revefsreleets
08-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Posts like this is why I just only post in humour and slander here.

I didn't read the rest of his post, you want a mature intelligent discussion, then leave out petty attacks, even minor ones. I hear much of this bs every day, not to come on here and getting it from you.

And no, this poll is silly because you're posting on a board, and specifically a section of a board, overwhelmingly Republican.

YOUR response was steeped in the same drivel reported in the pro-Obama news outlets. And when I presented a WELL SOURCED and factually accurate retort which disputed the pop media's spoon fed rhetoric, your response to that was the equivalent of putting your hands over your ears and yelling "Blah blah blah I can't hear you".

Fine.

Bottom line: You said you thought the credit card reform was a fine thing. I showed you that there were many, many problems with it. You can take your ball and go home now, but that in no way changes the FACT that Barry's reform bill is deeply flawed.

Finally, concerning the poll itself, I didn't realize I needed to clear the kinds of polls that could be posted here with you, and I'm sorry you don't approve, but I was genuinely curious to see if anyone had changed their position, and I wanted to go back and see if the proportions were the same as when a similar poll was posted before the elections.

JEFF4i
08-05-2009, 04:14 PM
YOUR response was steeped in the same drivel reported in the pro-Obama news outlets. And when I presented a WELL SOURCED and factually accurate retort which disputed the pop media's spoon fed rhetoric, your response to that was the equivalent of putting your hands over your ears and yelling "Blah blah blah I can't hear you".

I never said otherwise. Your information seemed accurate and strong, nothing more needed to be said.

Fine.

Bottom line: You said you thought the credit card reform was a fine thing. I showed you that there were many, many problems with it. You can take your ball and go home now, but that in no way changes the FACT that Barry's reform bill is deeply flawed.

Finally, concerning the poll itself, I didn't realize I needed to clear the kinds of polls that could be posted here with you, and I'm sorry you don't approve, but I was genuinely curious to see if anyone had changed their position, and I wanted to go back and see if the proportions were the same as when a similar poll was posted before the elections.

Don't take words out of my mouth. I don't mind the poll, I just think there are a great many factors that go into it that aren't necessarily being made clear.

:noidea:

revefsreleets
08-05-2009, 04:37 PM
On a related note, the proportions are NOT the same...

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=27618&highlight=vote

It was roughly 6-4 in favor of McCain back in October '08. It's now roughly 7-3 voting against Obama...and, of course, this is HIGHLY unscientific.

St33lersguy
08-09-2009, 09:02 AM
I would vote for a chipmunk before I vote for Obama. He is just ruining this country. Yes he has been that bad.