PDA

View Full Version : What would you do ?

7SteelGal43
07-31-2009, 05:32 PM
Queston: If you're driving around town and you see a car with a Steeler decal or flag of some kind, but it also has a political decal for "the other guy" do you pull up alongside and honk to get their attention and give 'em a big thumbs up for our Steelers or do you flip 'em off because they support "the other guy"?

I know what I've experiencfed...there are a ton of Steeler fans here in Memphis. I'm very curious to find out what you guys would do. PS: please respect that this isn't exactly a political debate thread. :jammin:

beSteelmyheart
07-31-2009, 05:36 PM
I care so little about politics that it wouldn't bother me at all, & am of the mindset where I can't understand why it would bother someone so much to flip them off over a political choice. :noidea:

SteelCityMom
07-31-2009, 05:38 PM
I would honk and yell Go Steelers...so I didn't seem like some crazy person just honking and waving lol.

Political differences don't bother me much in the long run, in the end I think politicians are just people paid to lie to the public lol.

revefsreleets
07-31-2009, 05:41 PM
If the guy has an Obama sticker along with his Steeler gear?

No biggie...

A dude sporting a NAMBLA emblem and Steeler stuff? I rip the Steeler stuff off his car because I know THAT was from he previous owner.

7SteelGal43
07-31-2009, 05:49 PM
Good ones so far. What I'm really looking for are those Steeler fans that are politically minded and really behind "their guy" and/or really opposed to "the other guy". You know the type (like me) that the mere mention of the other guys name kinda makes you're blood boil ? :chuckle:

Preacher
07-31-2009, 06:37 PM

No biggie...

A dude sporting a NAMBLA emblem and Steeler stuff? I rip the Steeler stuff off his car because I know THAT was from he previous owner.

:rofl:

Either that or you rip off the Steelers sticker to find that the previous owner was a Browns fan.

steelreserve
07-31-2009, 06:48 PM
Just an Obama bumper sticker by itself doesn't tell you a whole hell of a lot about someone's beliefs. At least not enough to start hurling insults at random people on the street. It'd have to be one of these people:

http://www-staff.lboro.ac.uk/~mabw2/PICTURES/ROCHESTER/liberal.jpg

... as a side note, how come whenever you see a car with a million bumper stickers, it's ALWAYS a way-way-way-left-of-liberal person? I don't think I've ever seen more than a two, maybe three conservative bumper stickers on one car. Even the Jesus freaks and gun fanatics keep it pretty low-key by comparison.

It's like, you see a car with too many bumper stickers, and you already know what they say without even reading them.

Don't like the war? ... check.
Hate Bush? ... check.
Save the environment? ... check.

then half the time, there's something in favor of abortion rights. I think the main reason I want to slap these people is for being so predictable.

stlrtruck
07-31-2009, 08:17 PM
I would not give the thumbs up I would give an audible approval to the Steelers then a quick, too bad you voted for Obama :toofunny:

revefsreleets
07-31-2009, 08:32 PM
:rofl:

Either that or you rip off the Steelers sticker to find that the previous owner was a Browns fan.
Browns? Nah...

Bengals? Almost a certainty...

MasterOfPuppets
07-31-2009, 08:49 PM

No biggie...

holy shit !!! i had no idea what nambla was so i googled it. instead of messing with the car, i think i'd wait till i seen someone approach the car then hit em doin about 70 ...

and for the original post....don't hate the player... hate the game.

cubanstogie
07-31-2009, 09:26 PM
Just an Obama bumper sticker by itself doesn't tell you a whole hell of a lot about someone's beliefs. At least not enough to start hurling insults at random people on the street. It'd have to be one of these people:

http://www-staff.lboro.ac.uk/~mabw2/PICTURES/ROCHESTER/liberal.jpg

... as a side note, how come whenever you see a car with a million bumper stickers, it's ALWAYS a way-way-way-left-of-liberal person? I don't think I've ever seen more than a two, maybe three conservative bumper stickers on one car. Even the Jesus freaks and gun fanatics keep it pretty low-key by comparison.

It's like, you see a car with too many bumper stickers, and you already know what they say without even reading them.

Don't like the war? ... check.
Hate Bush? ... check.
Save the environment? ... check.

then half the time, there's something in favor of abortion rights. I think the main reason I want to slap these people is for being so predictable.

I have a union sticker on my car thats it, I was thinking about getting an Impeach Obama sticker but am fearful some idiot will mess up my G35, My wife actually talked me out of it. So much for freedom of speech. I have actually never flipped a person off for their stickers or opinion, I do shake my head though. If the scenario mentioned took place with me and I was at a traffic light I would say "you have better taste in football than politics" or something like that but I wouldn't stoop to the finger unless he or she started it.

HometownGal
07-31-2009, 09:39 PM
I've made it well known that I am no fan of Obaaaama, but the fact that they're Steelers fans tells me that they at least have a smidgeon of a brain cell even if they voted for La Savior. No matter what their political affiliation, Steelers fans will always get the :thumbsup: from me!

devilsdancefloor
07-31-2009, 09:47 PM
Since i live in the middle of colts country they would get a honk and thumbs up for the steelers for sure! and id make sure they new it was for the steelers.

Fire Haley
07-31-2009, 09:57 PM
Dude - Obama was the one that declared that the Steelers would win the SB.

The fix was in.

Rooney being nominated to the ambassador to Ireland was the tip-off.

Get in the game.

CantStop85
07-31-2009, 10:50 PM
There are Steelers fans who are democrats?

News to me. :noidea:

fansince'76
07-31-2009, 11:05 PM
Dude - Obama was the one that declared that the Steelers would win the SB.

The fix was in.

Rooney being nominated to the ambassador to Ireland was the tip-off.

Get in the game.

That would be funny if there weren't a number of members of the "tin foil hat brigade" who actually believe that. And that the moon landing was staged in a Hollywood studio. And that the Pentagon was hit by a cruise missile instead of a plane and Bush in cahoots with the Jews planted explosives internally in the WTC on 9/11.

hindes204
07-31-2009, 11:50 PM
i still have my bumper sticker on my car from last year, it says:

Say No To
Osama
Obama
and Hillarys Mama

on the other side is my steelers one

BUT.........regardless of political affiliation, a steeler fan is still part of steeler nation, so hes ok in my book...i would offer a thumbs up, a GO STEELERS...and then drive away shaking my head wondering why he voted for Obama

jjbrasso
08-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Steeler paraphernalia tells me that they are a knowledgeable sports fan with good taste...THUMBS UP!

An Obama sticker tells me that they are ignorant and/or uneducated about politics and believe most of the stuff they see on liberal television...THUMBS DOWN!

For those of you that say you don't care about politics, maybe it's time you start and do some research so we can fix this in 2012,

CantStop85
08-01-2009, 10:46 AM
An Obama sticker tells me that they are ignorant and/or uneducated about politics and believe most of the stuff they see on liberal television...THUMBS DOWN!

And what makes you so qualified as a political analyst? The Fox News channel? :doh: