PDA

View Full Version : What kind of insect bites do I have??!!! BEDBUGS??

Fordy
07-31-2009, 05:14 PM
Im hoping its just bad mosquito bites. It could be fleas(we have 2 cats) or could it be bedbugs? I just got done reading about them and I REALLY hope i dont have bed bug infestation.

Ive got about 20 bites like this over my back, arms, and legs..ughhh

HometownGal
07-31-2009, 05:19 PM
Ughhhhh Fordy!!! :jawdrop: Too big to be flea bites and a couple of them look like they COULD be spider bites but there are a few more that I think are too large to be as a result of a spider's itty bitty choppers. To be quite honest, they look like hives to me. To play it safe, I think I'd see a doctor or go to one of those urgent care centers.

Let us know how everything turns out, OK? :hug:

Preacher
07-31-2009, 05:23 PM
Definitely see a doc...

and like HTG said, let us know how you are doing afterwards.

Fire Haley
07-31-2009, 05:31 PM
Chiggers

or AIDS

Preacher
07-31-2009, 05:46 PM
Chiggers

Naaa.... Chiggers are usually along the sock line, the underwear line, armpits, etc. Not on the side and back like that...

Also, where do you live Fordy? if it ain't in the south, chances are, it isn't chiggers.

HometownGal
07-31-2009, 05:47 PM
Hey Fordy - were you in Cincinnati lately? Ya never know what critters you're going to catch from those inbreds. :chuckle:

NJarhead
07-31-2009, 05:50 PM
Not sure. Here are a collection of bed bug photos:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=bed%20bug%20bites%20pictures&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Fire Haley
07-31-2009, 06:15 PM
He's probably dripping honey all over his nether parts to find some insect love.

Or the methadone isn't working and he needs the hard stuff.

Who brings their bug bite owies here?

Fo-dee, Do you live in a cubicle? I get 50 bites a day out in the woods and it never bothers me - you city slickers must be getting weak.

Fire Haley
07-31-2009, 06:17 PM
Naaa.... Chiggers are usually along the sock line, the underwear line, armpits, etc. Not on the side and back like that... .

True.

It must be AIDS.

Or if the buboes turn black, it could be the plague.

Fire Haley
07-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Can you milk a hamster?

Fire Haley
07-31-2009, 06:21 PM
OK - enough fun.

They are mosquito bites.

Is your malaria medication up to date?

Do you have screendoors on your trailer under the bridge? What exit do you live at?

MACH1
07-31-2009, 06:31 PM
Pretty damn big mosquito bites. I'd start checkin for spiders or bed bugs.

Haven't been to cleveland and caught the staph have ya. lol

klick81
07-31-2009, 06:32 PM
Do you feel the "prick" and then see the swollen skin right afterwards? Or does this only happen in your sleep?

Fire Haley
07-31-2009, 06:34 PM
Pretty damn big mosquito bites.

If you don't get bit a lot by the local fauna, your body overreacts to new poisons and the anti-histamines will get you all swole up.

My advice, lay out nekkid at dawn and dusk or at night after a rain for a couple nights to get re-acclimated.

No, we don't need any pics.

MACH1
07-31-2009, 06:37 PM
If you don't get bit a lot by the local fauna, your body overreacts to new poisons and the anti-histamines will get you all swole up.

My advice, lay out nekkid at dawn and dusk or at night after a rain for a couple nights to get re-acclimated.

No, we don't need any pics.

You must of stayed at the holiday inn express last night.

Fire Haley
07-31-2009, 06:41 PM
All y'all city boys are higher than a kite on the 4th of July.

"Oooooooo, bug bites..."

Fordy
07-31-2009, 06:44 PM
Ughhhhh Fordy!!! :jawdrop: Too big to be flea bites and a couple of them look like they COULD be spider bites but there are a few more that I think are too large to be as a result of a spider's itty bitty choppers. To be quite honest, they look like hives to me. To play it safe, I think I'd see a doctor or go to one of those urgent care centers.

Let us know how everything turns out, OK? :hug:

Im planning on going to urgent care, perhaps tomorrow. I dont have any medical insurance at the moment..Im hoping its either mosquito's or a rash. Ive had a few mosquito bites before like everyone, but not this big and not so many at the same time. Some of them are a bit itchy, im not real worried, im mostly just wanting to know what is causing them and I dont want to wake up tomorrow with more!! Bedbugs seem like a chore to get rid of and a guarantee of waking up every day with more bites= ugh!.. Thanks for your reply, HTG. Ill keep you and everyone posted.

Fordy
07-31-2009, 06:45 PM
Definitely see a doc...

and like HTG said, let us know how you are doing afterwards.

Im going to for sure and I will..also, sorry for snapping at you in the other thread. I had a long day/week.

Fordy
07-31-2009, 06:47 PM
Naaa.... Chiggers are usually along the sock line, the underwear line, armpits, etc. Not on the side and back like that...

Also, where do you live Fordy? if it ain't in the south, chances are, it isn't chiggers.

Northern New jersey near Giants stadium. Urban area. Im hoping its just some big mosquitos from the swamps.

Fordy
07-31-2009, 06:48 PM
Not sure. Here are a collection of bed bug photos:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=bed%20bug%20bites%20pictures&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Im hoping it isnt bedbugs. I probably would have a few more bites closer together if it was bedbugs?? alot of mine are spread out more than those photos.

MACH1
07-31-2009, 06:48 PM
Have you been on a trip somewhere, where you could have picked them up? Stayed in any motels that maybe had them. Bed bugs?

Fordy
07-31-2009, 06:49 PM
He's probably dripping honey all over his nether parts to find some insect love.

Or the methadone isn't working and he needs the hard stuff.

Who brings their bug bite owies here?

Fo-dee, Do you live in a cubicle? I get 50 bites a day out in the woods and it never bothers me - you city slickers must be getting weak.

"Fo-dee" ? Do I know you from Steelernation.com? :popcorn:

Fire Haley
07-31-2009, 06:51 PM
Go to Walmart and get you some Hydrocortisone cream.

*Disclaimer: "Any medical advice you may receive on the inner net is for entertainment purposes only".

"Fo-dee" ? Do I know you from Steelernation.com

I'll give you 100 karma points if you can guess.

Fordy
07-31-2009, 06:51 PM
OK - enough fun.

They are mosquito bites.

Is your malaria medication up to date?

Do you have screendoors on your trailer under the bridge? What exit do you live at?

You think it is mosquito's? I hope so... exit 16w on the turnpike BTW:wave::hatsoff:

Fordy
07-31-2009, 06:53 PM
Do you feel the "prick" and then see the swollen skin right afterwards? Or does this only happen in your sleep?

Never felt any of them, thats im concerned its bed bugs:horror: I read up on them last night= ughhh.. I havent found any bloodstains,but a few very tiny droppings the size of poppy seeds that could be bed bug droppings.

Fordy
07-31-2009, 06:55 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/04/21/business/21adnews1_span.jpg

:chuckle: I think I saw him in my dream/nightmare after all the reading about bedbugs I did before I laid down to sleep last night.

Fordy
07-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Have you been on a trip somewhere, where you could have picked them up? Stayed in any motels that maybe had them. Bed bugs?

Nope. Boring job-to-work- routine since I started getting them last week.

Polamalu Princess
07-31-2009, 06:57 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/04/21/business/21adnews1_span.jpg

OMG - Lord please don't send it my way.:sofunny:

Fordy
07-31-2009, 06:57 PM
I'll give you 100 karma points if you can guess.

I have no idea. Give me a clue who you are:wave:

Polamalu Princess
07-31-2009, 06:58 PM
I would check for spider bites Fordy. That seems the most logical for what I am seeing and reading from you. You may want to take some Benadryl and see if that helps. Good luck to you.

Fire Haley
07-31-2009, 07:01 PM
I have no idea. Give me a clue who you are:wave:

You know Suit is here, right?

I'm a cheap bastard, that's why I'm here.

Fordy
07-31-2009, 07:03 PM
I would check for spider bites Fordy. That seems the most logical for what I am seeing and reading from you. You may want to take some Benadryl and see if that helps. Good luck to you.

I was thinking spider also, but would a spider bite me that many times? Our cats are pretty good at finding insects and the occasional rodent so I dont think we have multiple spiders roaming around the house. But im not ruling anything out..thanks for your reply, I picked up something called "after-bite" today. It seems to have temporarily cooled the itching, but im more worried about stopping more bites from happening than about the ones I have.

Fordy
07-31-2009, 07:05 PM
You know Suit is here, right?

I'm a cheap bastard, that's why I'm here.

I knew Suitanim is here and the tailgate guy(his name escapes me at the moment). Those are the only two im aware of. You didnt go by Killer did you? Because I dont remember you if so.

MACH1
07-31-2009, 07:05 PM
Nope. Boring job-to-work- routine since I started getting them last week.

I doubt its bedbugs then. Check around, under, behind your bed really good for spiders.

If it were flea bites, don't they itch really bad? Spider bites aren't that itchy.

Fordy
07-31-2009, 07:06 PM
well im off to drink some beers and forget about this for a few hours. Thankls to all who posted and gave some support and or advice. Have a great night everyone.

Fire Haley
07-31-2009, 07:07 PM
You didnt go by Killer did you? Because I dont remember you if so.

DUH - I am a karma chameleon

MasterOfPuppets
07-31-2009, 07:14 PM
:pde: must......resist......urge....to........comment... . :toofunny:

revefsreleets
07-31-2009, 07:31 PM
When Barry Sanders scored a TD, he never SPIKEd the ball...

Fire Haley
07-31-2009, 07:36 PM
Nostradamus: I look all white but my dad was black.

Fordy
07-31-2009, 08:32 PM
whats up, Spike...

Fire Haley
07-31-2009, 08:42 PM
Suit is so ghey.

fansince'76
07-31-2009, 09:17 PM
Bed bug bites are usually visible in patterns of threes with the bites close together in a line. Doesn't look like what you have. If I were you, I'd spray the underside of your mattress and box spring with Raid or something like that.

MasterOfPuppets
07-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Bed bug bites are usually visible in patterns of threes with the bites close together in a line. Doesn't look like what you have. If I were you, I'd spray the underside of your mattress and box spring with Raid or something like that. i think i'd drag the whole bed outside and set it on fire... :popcorn:

touchdownward
07-31-2009, 10:26 PM
Anyone see the movie Bugs with Ashley Judd, now that was a serious bug infestion......or was it???:wink02:

MACH1
08-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Crabs....:chuckle:

Preacher
08-01-2009, 02:15 AM
Im going to for sure and I will..also, sorry for snapping at you in the other thread. I had a long day/week.

:wink02:

No problem, we have all been there... and I am sure I have snapped at more than one person here lately...

There is a joke in there somewhere about you actually getting bit.., but its late and the brain isn't working right.

Fire Haley
08-01-2009, 05:40 AM
Anyone see the movie Bugs with Ashley Judd,

That was a sick movie. Freaks will end up with freaks - that's the moral of that story.

Galax Steeler
08-01-2009, 06:21 AM
I am not sure what you have but I sure as hell don't want them.

revefsreleets
08-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Suit is so ghey.

I caught the ghey from Aquaman...

MasterOfPuppets
08-01-2009, 06:42 PM
I caught the ghey from Aquaman...

greg louganis ? :noidea:

JackHammer
08-02-2009, 05:23 AM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!! You have HERPES!!!!

revefsreleets
08-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Ancient running joke from Steeler Nation.

Also, any word on Carnell Lake? I heard he was shot....