PDA

View Full Version : Big Hamp ..............

stillers4me
08-01-2009, 05:31 AM
.......Lookin' good! :applaudit:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/20090801steelers6_500.jpg

stillers4me
08-01-2009, 05:33 AM
The Bengals 1st round draft pick ( incidently...... a camp hold out :chuckle:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/20090801smith_330.jpg

Galax Steeler
08-01-2009, 06:06 AM
Hampton is looking like he is in good shape. I hope he takes it on the field and kicks some ass this year.

Boomerang
08-01-2009, 06:15 AM
Hamp will come out gunning and show us the good player he is.:tt02:

solardave
08-01-2009, 06:18 AM
For sure in better shape than last year. A good sign!

Fire Haley
08-01-2009, 06:44 AM
Running test yields no failures for Steelers

Soggy weather Friday did not wash out the conditioning test that marks the start of Steelers training camp.

And by the last leg of the series of runs held on one of the football fields at St. Vincent College, Casey Hampton, who is listed at 325 pounds, had started walking.

Unlike last year when Mike Tomlin banished the veteran nose tackle to the physically unable to perform (PUP) list following the run test, the third-year coach praised Hampton for how he fared in it yesterday.

"He did a nice job as did a lot of the other guys," Tomlin said.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_636303.html

mulldog24
08-01-2009, 08:13 AM
Snacks looks real good, anyone know what his weight is down too? he looks like he is about 340 or 350!

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Hampton is looking like he is in good shape. I hope he takes it on the field and kicks some ass this year.

He has kicked ass on the field every year he has been in the NFL. This should be no different.

mesaSteeler
08-01-2009, 10:18 AM

If I got drafted by the Bungals I hold out as long as I could to.

CantStop85
08-01-2009, 10:27 AM

And so are 15 other first round draft picks at the moment. What's that have to do with Casey Hampton? :noidea:

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-01-2009, 10:53 AM
And so are 15 other first round draft picks at the moment. What's that have to do with Casey Hampton? :noidea:

I think it was meant to be an example of what a big man IN SHAPE(Hampton) should look like .....vs......what Finch from the movie "Wildcats" looks like.

Andre Smith went to the worst possible situation for himself. Nobody on that O line is gonna mentor him into being a professional and working like one. He is just gonna accept mediocrity like the Brown family cultivates as organizational culture there.

wootawnee
08-01-2009, 11:59 AM
How much you wanna bet big snack was reading all the posts about him going over the hill and did some old fashioned dieting and working out to get back some of the speed he lost........Good job Casey.....The slimmer you get the longer your back will hold up..........

RoethlisBURGHer
08-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Damn! Either he's in shape or he's just sucking it in for the camera! :laughing:

CantStop85
08-01-2009, 03:16 PM
I think it was meant to be an example of what a big man IN SHAPE(Hampton) should look like .....vs......what Finch from the movie "Wildcats" looks like.

Andre Smith went to the worst possible situation for himself. Nobody on that O line is gonna mentor him into being a professional and working like one. He is just gonna accept mediocrity like the Brown family cultivates as organizational culture there.

Casey Hampton, the shining example of a big man in shape...right. What was he, 400 pounds this time last year?

And if Andre Smith needs someone to "mentor him into being a professional and working like one" that badly, he probably doesn't belong in the NFL to begin with. I think he'll be just fine as long as he gets into camp sometime in the near future.

MongoSteeler
08-01-2009, 08:46 PM
The Big Snack is in the final year of his contract. It was either come to camp in shape and have a good year in the hopes off getting extended by the Steelers or a chance to showcase himself for his futur employer.

Give It To Abercrombie
08-01-2009, 10:47 PM
How much you wanna bet big snack was reading all the posts about him going over the hill and did some old fashioned dieting and working out to get back some of the speed he lost........Good job Casey.....The slimmer you get the longer your back will hold up..........

OR he realized this is a contract year. Either way, as long as he continues to play Pro Bowl football. :tt03:

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Casey Hampton, the shining example of a big man in shape...right. What was he, 400 pounds this time last year?

And if Andre Smith needs someone to "mentor him into being a professional and working like one" that badly, he probably doesn't belong in the NFL to begin with. I think he'll be just fine as long as he gets into camp sometime in the near future.

Casey Hampton- 4 time Pro Bowler, 2 time Super Bowl winner, Bench press 225lbs at his combine 34 times. Bench pressed 225 lbs 40 times at NFL lineman challenge in Hawaii.

Andre Smith- stopped working out in February before he was ever drafted, admitts he was out of shape at combine and then bench presses 225lbs 19 times and shows all his "man boobs" at his pro day.

I think you are right that Smith probably doesnt belong in the NFL to begin with, but it should take 3 years and Millions of dollars for the Bungles to find that out. :thumbsup: